PDA

View Full Version : Ripping ATM...

Computer
10-14-2010, 02:06 AM
out of the ground, how could this be achieved, are there tracking devices built in? I recently rode my bike by a closed down branch and there were 4 or 5 bolts 3/4 inch in diameter and about 4 inches in length sticking out of the ground where an ATM once stood. Skimmers are too much work and not enough pay off so this seems like a better idea, what says you?

tastay
10-14-2010, 05:55 PM
they claim to be GPS tracked. perhaps a jammer for GPS devices would work to circumvent this, but there are often also alternate cameras beyond just what's on the ATM its self.

yeah, so if you jammed GPS then hauled it away you might have some luck. gonna be hard to get inside though.

Computer
10-14-2010, 09:22 PM
*update
There are 4 bolts 1/2 inch in diameter and about 2 to 3 inches in length. Several years ago somebody successfully pulled this off. The machines hold about $35000

plutomic
10-14-2010, 10:06 PM
lol....... good luck breaking into the damn thing.

ShadyLady
10-15-2010, 01:01 AM
ATMs have tracking devices.

tastay
10-15-2010, 02:48 AM
ATMs have tracking devices.

and if you are going to steal an ATM by freakin tearing it out of the ground and driving off, you can also surely jam 1.57542 ghz.

Actor
10-15-2010, 03:40 AM
Rip it out with a truck and chains. Buy a blanket and line it with multiple layers of aluminum foil and wrap it over the machine (to block the signal for tracking devices). Leave it some train tracks and wait for a fast moving train to come by and bust it open.

Rainycity
10-15-2010, 03:46 AM
im sure if you have that shit lying in your living room youll figure out how to break into it.

ShadyLady
10-15-2010, 02:23 PM
If the signal to the tracking devices is disrupted, I believe something is sent to the police to check it out. Not sure if I'm explaining it right but ya know how if a house alarm goes off & the police will come to investigate after being called by the alarm security company? Well, it's basically the same thing. Someone monitors this shit & if it looks like something is off, someone checks up on it.

eturnel
10-17-2010, 07:08 PM
I doubt most ATM's hold 35,000 or they would be stolen even more often. Perhaps an ATM in a very very popular location, but that would make it nearly impossible to steal. Where id you get $35,000 from?

Draconian
10-17-2010, 10:09 PM
im sure if you have that shit lying in your living room youll figure out how to break into it.

If you do this you are fucking retarded. Any ATM that you could ever possibly do this to WILL have at least one of several different tracking systems, so the cops will be at your door within several hours. What you want to do is keep it in a Faraday cage, both during transport and while working on it. Once you figure out how to open it you can find all of the trackers and get rid of them. If you are too stupid to figure this out, then you need to NOT do this because you will be caught extremely quickly.

Rainycity
10-17-2010, 10:50 PM
If you do this you are fucking retarded. Any ATM that you could ever possibly do this to WILL have at least one of several different tracking systems, so the cops will be at your door within several hours. What you want to do is keep it in a Faraday cage, both during transport and while working on it. Once you figure out how to open it you can find all of the trackers and get rid of them. If you are too stupid to figure this out, then you need to NOT do this because you will be caught extremely quickly.

Are you 100 percent positive that all atms even have tracking devices, im sure some do, no doubt. but i dont think alot of them do, mostly high risk area, but thats just my opinion.

Flex Rigid
10-17-2010, 11:46 PM
EMP bomb the bank beforehand. Problem solved.

Draconian
10-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Are you 100 percent positive that all atms even have tracking devices, im sure some do, no doubt. but i dont think alot of them do, mostly high risk area, but thats just my opinion.

Any ATM that could possibly be removed is high risk and will have a tracker. Any ATM that doesn't have a tracker couldn't possibly be removed and thus isn't worth talking about. It really doesn't cost much to set up a tracking system, the equipment costs less than a hundred dollars, and when any ATM will have much more than that in it, why the fuck wouldn't you put one in? Even if one doesn't, it isn't going to have enough money to be worth stealing, and you won't be able to identify that it doesn't have one in the first place. The best thing to do would be to assume that it has one and be pleasantly surprised that it doesn't, rather than assuming it doesn't and ending up being Big Bobs Bitch.

Cooldarkknick
10-19-2010, 04:36 AM
Rip it out with a truck and chains. Buy a blanket and line it with multiple layers of aluminum foil and wrap it over the machine (to block the signal for tracking devices). Leave it some train tracks and wait for a fast moving train to come by and bust it open.

Wow, that *might* actually work.

negative_zero
10-19-2010, 04:47 AM
here we had a news report with someone backing their truck into an atm machine at the bank and another tying rope to the atm frame/interface and ripping it

OmmEGGA
10-19-2010, 07:26 AM
:picard:

Most if not all ATM machines will spill ink all over the money if someones tries to open with brute force.

Shayden
10-20-2010, 10:07 AM
:picard:

Most if not all ATM machines will spill ink all over the money if someones tries to open with brute force.

That ink is removable.

Draconian
10-20-2010, 04:44 PM
That ink is removable.

No it isn't you idiot, that is why they use it in the first place.

Corey
10-20-2010, 06:06 PM
if its inside a store, back through store glass at 4 am, attach chains, have atleast 4 strong guys, rip out, throw in pickup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mng-SPNu6vI&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qK46L2b_c&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qK46L2b_c&feature=related

damn the driver probably killed the dude , he just left the store and then boom ATM at 60 mph + glass coming his way

Draconian
10-20-2010, 06:13 PM
if its inside a store, back through store glass at 4 am, attach chains, have atleast 4 strong guys, rip out, throw in pickup, get tracked down because you have no way to get rid of the tracing system

Fixed that for you.

Corey
10-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Fixed that for you.

thx dood!!!

go correct everyone else who posts in bad ideas and says something that could get them caught.

if there really is a gps theres ways around it.
you could even stash it somewhere in the woods and see if the feds ever get it.

Draconian
10-20-2010, 06:56 PM
go correct everyone else who posts in bad ideas and says something that could get them caught.
I actually do that, because no matter how much I enjoy laughing at idiots getting caught, I still like to try and keep it from happening to people when they post things with obvious problems.

if there really is a gps theres ways around it.
If you knew how to read the threads you post on, you'd notice that ideas to get around that have already been posted. Namely, either using a Faraday cage or some sort of EMP (though both could potentially set off the ink systems)

you could even stash it somewhere in the woods and see if the feds ever get it.
Which would be a waste of effort and could possibly get you arrested anyways, as so far I haven't seen any signs that you know what you are doing.

Corey
10-20-2010, 07:42 PM
I actually do that, because no matter how much I enjoy laughing at idiots getting caught, I still like to try and keep it from happening to people when they post things with obvious problems.

If you knew how to read the threads you post on, you'd notice that ideas to get around that have already been posted. Namely, either using a Faraday cage or some sort of EMP (though both could potentially set off the ink systems)

Which would be a waste of effort and could possibly get you arrested anyways, as so far I haven't seen any signs that you know what you are doing.

1. Really? Then how come you didn't correct "actor" post a few posts up
You're a hypocrite. If you read the fucking thread you post on, you wouldn't say you correct things "with obvious problems" knowing you didn't correct "Actors"

2. You're an idiot, and you're wrong. I do read the fucking threads, i posted what i saw on a fucking video, where there was no follow - up story of them getting caught so since i said what i saw, and what has been said by others, and they didn't get caught, i think what i said is worth contributing. Some people may not of thought to use a vehicle and would just try and drill that bitch or torch it.

3. Waste of effort? I think it'd be a good fucking idea if you were worried about GPS!!! Which shows I read the fucking thread. So far I've seen signs you like to try and make me feel stupid online, and it backfires.

Draconian
10-20-2010, 08:13 PM
1. Really? Then how come you didn't correct "actor" post a few posts up
You're a hypocrite. If you read the fucking thread you post on, you wouldn't say you correct things "with obvious problems" knowing you didn't correct "Actors"
Maybe I figured that anyone who did that was so stupid that they could never figure out how to do anything I post correctly, and watching them fail would be very fun. Also, I posted outlining something that could actually work, along with several other people, so anyone who decided to follow his post instead of one by one of the smart people who posted is a lost cause.

2. You're an idiot, and you're wrong. I do read the fucking threads, i posted what i saw on a fucking video, where there was no follow - up story of them getting caught so since i said what i saw, and what has been said by others, and they didn't get caught, i think what i said is worth contributing. Some people may not of thought to use a vehicle and would just try and drill that bitch or torch it.

1. Using a vehicle to remove an ATM is foolish, as they could have sensors to detect motion, which can set off numerous things that will fuck your plan up royally - the worst of which being ink systems that will make your effort worthless.

2. Posting something you "saw on a video" without thinking about what they did is stupid. I know this is "bad ideas" and all, but that doesn't mean actual stupidity.

3. Waste of effort? I think it'd be a good fucking idea if you were worried about GPS!!! Which shows I read the fucking thread. So far I've seen signs you like to try and make me feel stupid online, and it backfires.
Its a waste of effort because the cops will almost certainly track it down to the middle of the woods and take it, which means that you won't get anything for the theft, as well as giving them evidence that they can use to arrest you.

Corey
10-20-2010, 10:45 PM
1. That's irrelevant asshole , you didn't correct the other guy yet when I said you just come at me for no reason you said wrong I'd correct anything stupid like that. Then you said I do t read the thread, fApse obviously you don't read your threads. Maybe I figured that anyone who did that so stupid that they could never figure out how to do anything I post correctly, and watching them fail would be very fun. Also, I posted outlining something that could actually work, along with several other people, so anyone who decided to follow his post instead of one by one of the smart people who posted is a lost cause.

1. Using a vehicle to remove an ATM is foolish, as they could have sensors to detect motion, which can set off numerous things that will fuck your plan up royally - the worst of which being ink systems that will make your effort worthless.

2. Posting something you "saw on a video" without thinking about what they did is stupid. I know this is "bad ideas" and all, but that doesn't mean actual stupidity.

Its a waste of effort because the cops will almost certainly track it down to the middle of the woods and take it, which means that you won't get anything for the theft, as well as giving them evidence that they can use to arrest you.

Corey
10-20-2010, 10:47 PM
If you did some research instead of using your imagination there are broken ATMs turning up places found by citizens, not the cops and a GPS.

Draconian
10-20-2010, 11:09 PM
1. That's irrelevant asshole , you didn't correct the other guy yet when I said you just come at me for no reason you said wrong I'd correct anything stupid like that. Then you said I do t read the thread, fApse obviously you don't read your threads.

The response I made to another individuals post also applied to the post made by the guy named "actor", I just didn't quote both of their posts. Oh, and I see you can't find the time to respond to the other points I made?

Corey
10-21-2010, 12:09 AM
The response I made to another individuals post also applied to the post made by the guy named "actor", I just didn't quote both of their posts. Oh, and I see you can't find the time to respond to the other points I made?

No i couldn't i wasnt on my computer it was hard to type, unfortunately im sick so i'll give you what you want, to

You don't respond to my points? That theres numerous ATM's stolen from a vehicle by tying it up, theres instances of joggers finding ATM's not the police.

Okay well good luck getting off 6 1/2 inch bolts without being detected by something that detects motion.
There's been probably hundreds of times where somebody took it off with a truck, successfully or unsuccessfully broke in and didn't get caught.

Once again, theres a lot of incidents of people doing this and not getting caught, i don't give a fuck if its the safest method or not, i was saying it could be done. You're really fucking annoying and just pick up apart everything i say because you have nothing better to do.

A$AP Weed Smoker
10-21-2010, 12:35 AM
my niggas slam old police cruisers into ATMs

vial
10-21-2010, 02:31 AM
I always wondered what would happen if you detonated an M112 demolition charge on an ATM.

"The demolition charge M112 is a rectangular block of Composition C4 approximately 2 inches (51 mm) by 1.5 inches (38 mm) and 11 inches (280 mm) long, weighing 1.25 lb (0.57 kg). When the charge is detonated, the explosive is converted into gas. The gas exerts pressure in the form of a shock wave, which demolishes the target by cutting, breaching or cratering."

confetti probably. If it managed to cut through it, and it probably would. Sounds like a large chunk of C4. Overkill. Explosives are probably the best way to get into the machine. Some of the bills would probably be a little fucked... But if done right I think it would open it and leave most of the bills unharmed. You'd just have to know where to place the charge, or charges.

If it worked, it would be a very quick way to get in. Blast it open, grab all the cash as quickly as possible and GTFO.

If you were gonna do this you'd probably use a scanner to monitor the police radio. Disabling their choppers and squad cars first would also help. Or just making sure they're nowhere near the area, and then stashing the cash somewhere nearby and getting out of the area to wait it out.

Really Awesome Nickname
10-21-2010, 02:11 PM
some asshole actually did this and taped it and posted the video on the internet only to get his IP traced, be identified and get fucked.

ShadyLady
10-21-2010, 02:29 PM
some asshole actually did this and taped it and posted the video on the internet only to get his IP traced, be identified and get fucked.

LOL, dumbass should learn to proxy.

Mr.Happy
10-21-2010, 02:47 PM
If it was possible for dumb kids on an Internet forum to rip up an ATM and get away with it, organized criminals up and down the country would be ripping up ATMs and getting away with it.

-SpectraL
10-21-2010, 02:52 PM
If it was possible for dumb kids on an Internet forum to rip up an ATM and get away with it, organized criminals up and down the country would be ripping up ATMs and getting away with it.Just on YouTube alone you can pull up hundreds of vids showing ATM's being yanked right out of storefronts and loaded onto vans, trucks, and flatbeds by young people. So in fact they ARE ripping up ATMs and getting away with it.