PDA

View Full Version : question for walmart

Cool shot
11-29-2011, 04:16 AM
The walmart nearby my house has beats with sometimes spider security wrapped around them and they're in the rack that you need employee's s3 alpha key to open. Last time I asked one of the employees to open up so I can see the back of the box. (that one didn't have spider wrap around) Then he asked me if he wanted me to pay now. Then I just told him I will think about it and come back later. My question is for those high priced ones, either with spider wraps or not, do you have to pay at the electronics section of walmart? because I don't think the cashiers will open any spider wraps. And for those of you who have beats, if I remove the spider wrap, there's no other tags inside?

Thanks!

swpk
11-29-2011, 04:27 AM
Depending on the volume of customers around the electronics area, you may be able to just put a non spider wrapped pack into a full shopping cart (to continue shopping and checkout at the front.)
Don't be fooled by the spiderwrap, just because something is wrapped, doesn't mean it isn't internally source tagged. Your best bet is to acquire them and find a blindspot to tear them out of the package.

Cool shot
11-29-2011, 04:36 AM
probably best to just get the thing out of the box instead of getting the whole box out of walmart.

HampTheToker
11-29-2011, 05:01 AM
Depending on the volume of customers around the electronics area, you may be able to just put a non spider wrapped pack into a full shopping cart (to continue shopping and checkout at the front.)
Don't be fooled by the spiderwrap, just because something is wrapped, doesn't mean it isn't internally source tagged. Your best bet is to acquire them and find a blindspot to tear them out of the package.

This has always been my friend Bob's method. He never leaves with anything in it's original package whether it be a used DVD or an external HDD. Better safe than sorry.

ace
11-29-2011, 05:31 AM
The beats by dre aren't good headphones and are very overpriced, Im not sure if their internally tagged but some of the electronics aren't tagged. Just remove the headphones from the packaging.

swpk
11-29-2011, 07:26 AM
Also consider purchasing a pair of the beats and checking for a tag yourself, then return w/ receipt for cash back. If not tagged, swipe a bunch and let us know.

ShadyLady
11-29-2011, 12:37 PM
The walmart nearby my house has beats with sometimes spider security wrapped around them and they're in the rack that you need employee's s3 alpha key to open. Last time I asked one of the employees to open up so I can see the back of the box. (that one didn't have spider wrap around) Then he asked me if he wanted me to pay now. Then I just told him I will think about it and come back later. My question is for those high priced ones, either with spider wraps or not, do you have to pay at the electronics section of walmart? because I don't think the cashiers will open any spider wraps. And for those of you who have beats, if I remove the spider wrap, there's no other tags inside?

Thanks!

They will not give you the headphones after opening the Alpha rack. They will walk them to the electronic register for you to pay. You don't think they will go through all the trouble of using an alpha rack only to let you walk around the store with the headphones, do you? Most items that have spider wraps on them are also internally sourcetagged, always check.

ace
11-29-2011, 11:38 PM
They will not give you the headphones after opening the Alpha rack. They will walk them to the electronic register for you to pay. You don't think they will go through all the trouble of using an alpha rack only to let you walk around the store with the headphones, do you? Most items that have spider wraps on them are also internally sourcetagged, always check.

I don't know about headphones but usually if their bulky like the the beats then they would let you walk around with it but they probably put spider wrap on it until your ready to purchase, like if you had a cart full of other random stuff you want to purchase.

ShadyLady
11-30-2011, 12:43 AM
I don't know about headphones but usually if their bulky like the the beats then they would let you walk around with it but they probably put spider wrap on it until your ready to purchase, like if you had a cart full of other random stuff you want to purchase.

At my Walmart, it doesn't work like that. You do not get to walk around with items that are locked away until you pay. It doesn't matter if you have other items, they have you pay for just the electronic items in the electronics section. Then you finish your shopping & purchase the other stuff at the normal registers.

Cool shot
11-30-2011, 01:02 AM
yea i asked them today and they told me i have to pay at the electronics section. Hm wonder how I can convince them so I can walk around with it lol.

ace
11-30-2011, 01:07 AM
my friend has only done it once and it was on black friday so it was busy. I think video games work differently, cause when i got games they brought it behind the counter and the lady was busy and alot of people were in line so she put the 2 games that were sent from the display case to behind the counter into a alpha case and handed it to me.

Cool shot
11-30-2011, 01:09 AM
any idea how I can change the receipt number so I can refund it at higher price?
BTW there is a bar code on the box as well

ace
11-30-2011, 01:15 AM
Oh yea also don't look shady/sketchy when trying to get things from electronics lol. Dressed nice, look older and wear glasses and be polite :p Try going on a busy day. Im not sure if it would work for items above 300$

Area 11
11-30-2011, 05:51 AM
Why is there so much security on a vegetable?

ace
11-30-2011, 06:56 AM

what? O_o

mcdouble
11-30-2011, 04:22 PM

what? O_o

Joke about Beats/beets? Ouch. :rolleyes:

Area 11
11-30-2011, 08:35 PM
No, Im serious, why are they in the electronics section and why so much security?

ShadyLady
11-30-2011, 10:41 PM
No, Im serious, why are they in the electronics section and why so much security?

It definitely wouldn't be b/c it is a commonly stolen item.

Area 11
12-01-2011, 01:05 AM
It definitely wouldn't be b/c it is a commonly stolen item.

Why the hell are people stealing vegetables?

ace
12-01-2011, 01:09 AM

Well to answer seriously, their headphones and their over priced and shitty. They do it to prevent people from taking shitty headphones.

vovka351
12-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Well to answer seriously, their headphones and their over priced and shitty. They do it to prevent people from taking shitty headphones.

THEY'RE

Learn, you retarded nigger.

Cool shot
12-01-2011, 02:15 AM
Does anyone know if I open alarm 2 spider tag, would the alarm go off?
I really want to try with magnets from hdd to see if they do open up

Scizorist
12-01-2011, 02:23 AM
Does anyone know if I open alarm 2 spider tag, would the alarm go off?
I really want to try with magnets from hdd to see if they do open up

No the alarm wont go off

Cool shot
12-01-2011, 02:24 AM
what do you guys usually do with tags when they're off in walmart?

ace
12-01-2011, 02:31 AM
THEY'RE

Learn, you retarded nigger.

excuse me? thats what i thought peasant.

ace
12-01-2011, 02:32 AM
what do you guys usually do with tags when they're off in walmart?

People usually hide it behind other objects that aren't commonly bought.

Cool shot
12-01-2011, 02:34 AM
what if you put them in the garbage bin? lol

ace
12-01-2011, 02:37 AM
what if you put them in the garbage bin? lol

If theirs a garbage can nearby then go for it, its much easier to just hide it behind a shelf and then get out of their with your merchandise.

Cool shot
12-01-2011, 02:45 AM
Does the alarm go off when the "cleaning crew" clean the garbage bin? or no if they bring it to the back where there's no sensor tower?

Cool shot
12-01-2011, 05:18 AM
With magnet, how do you open alarm 2 spider wrap that looks like this
http://www.alphaworld.com/alpha-security-2-alarm-attack-spider.asp
Where do I place the magnets?

ace
12-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Does the alarm go off when the "cleaning crew" clean the garbage bin? or no if they bring it to the back where there's no sensor tower?

I think they exit through the backroom, also i think when you use magnets to remove spider wrap, it deactivates them

ace
12-01-2011, 09:09 AM
With magnet, how do you open alarm 2 spider wrap that looks like this
http://www.alphaworld.com/alpha-security-2-alarm-attack-spider.asp
Where do I place the magnets?

the magnet goes on the back of the small one

Cool shot
12-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Can I remove those by using harddrive magnets?
Also is it possible to cut through steel? because I want to cut some of those unnecessary parts of hdd magnets.

ace
12-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Can I remove those by using harddrive magnets?
Also is it possible to cut through steel? because I want to cut some of those unnecessary parts of hdd magnets.

Dont think that would work

vovka351
12-02-2011, 04:00 AM
Yes, you can. hard drive magnets are pretty small once you actually get them out... I don't see the problem?

Cool shot
12-02-2011, 08:34 PM
umm i tried to open the alarm 2 tag with hdd magnets. It doesn't seem like it's working since you have to stick those real alpha s3 hooks into them. Any idea how I can get a hold of real one or open alarm 2 spider tag?

vovka351
12-03-2011, 12:22 AM
If it's an alpha spider wrap, it doesn't use a hook, it uses the magnets. There's one correct configuration that opens it, perhaps you had something oriented wrong. Please try again.

Scizorist
12-03-2011, 05:20 AM
umm i tried to open the alarm 2 tag with hdd magnets. It doesn't seem like it's working since you have to stick those real alpha s3 hooks into them. Any idea how I can get a hold of real one or open alarm 2 spider tag?

You could make your own S3 key with 4 of these magnets:

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BX084-N52&cat=168

Or steal/buy your own S3 key.

OR you could make your own magic bag that way you can just bag the whole item instead of ditching the spider wrap in the store which basically tells them that someones stole their stuff

Cool shot
12-03-2011, 05:36 AM
You could make your own S3 key with 4 of these magnets:

Or steal/buy your own S3 key.

OR you could make your own magic bag that way you can just bag the whole item instead of ditching the spider wrap in the store which basically tells them that someones stole their stuff

have you tried opening alpha cases/spider wraps with the homemade s3 key?

ace
12-03-2011, 07:28 AM
Hey everyone, just a update I opened my hard drive and it only had 1 magnet instead of 2. Was able to open a special edition harry potter dvd out of the alpha case but it wasn't working on the micro sd and 2 alarm spider wraps. Do I need 2 magnets? And whats the correct configuration for the spider wrap to remove it? my friend tried rubbing the magnet around to find a sweet spot but it wasn't working. It was only able to work on the dvd alpha product.

Cool shot
12-03-2011, 02:58 PM
should have 2 magnets in hdd

ace
12-03-2011, 08:00 PM
should have 2 magnets in hdd

Mine didn't :o old 40gb harddrive, prob 10 years old

Scizorist
12-04-2011, 05:12 AM
have you tried opening alpha cases/spider wraps with the homemade s3 key?

My friend has used them successfully on every alpha case he's tried, it also works on most spider wraps but occasionaly getting them to unlock with the homemade key is tricky at times, especially on certain kinds of spiders. The real s3 key works every time quickly and easily.

ace
12-04-2011, 05:24 AM
My friend has used them successfully on every alpha case he's tried, it also works on most spider wraps but occasionaly getting them to unlock with the homemade key is tricky at times, especially on certain kinds of spiders. The real s3 key works every time quickly and easily.

Which registers at walmart have a alpha s3 key?(besides electronics)

Cool shot
12-04-2011, 03:34 PM
proably the manager lol.
anyone knows where to get the real alpha s3 key? i dont want a homemade one

ace
12-04-2011, 04:05 PM
proably the manager lol.
anyone knows where to get the real alpha s3 key? i dont want a homemade one
LLame, I don't know how people are lifting them. I think you can buy off home retail security or something

Cool shot
12-04-2011, 04:16 PM
yea but those sites you have to send them ur business license or something

ace
12-04-2011, 04:42 PM
yea but those sites you have to send them ur business license or something

Why not just use a homemade one? It's cheaper, it be like 20$ vs like $56. I think the real alpha detacher uses 1 magnet

Cool shot
12-04-2011, 04:59 PM
don't know if those work as efficiently as the real ones. I don't wanna struggle to open up stuff lol too much hassle

ace
12-04-2011, 11:32 PM
don't know if those work as efficiently as the real ones. I don't wanna struggle to open up stuff lol too much hassle

It's efficient but of course real detacher is easier cause it says where to put it. Get a homemade one and try it out

Cool shot
12-05-2011, 02:02 AM
4 of these will be same as alpha s3 key i heard?

ace
12-05-2011, 02:12 AM
4 of these will be same as alpha s3 key i heard?

Yes, 2 for alpha cases but for spider wrap you need 4. Then just wrap them up in some electrical tape

Cool shot
12-05-2011, 02:31 AM
-+ -+
+- +-
like that rgt?

Cool shot
12-05-2011, 02:34 AM
lol if it doesn't work i can't even return it can i?

ace
12-05-2011, 03:26 AM
Yea I think its like that, I currently don't own those magnets but I know it will work. Since my friend was able to open a dvd alpha case with just 1 hard drive magnet which is smaller then those magnets.

Im purty sure it will work, buy 2 and test them out and if you like it then buy the other 2 so you can open spider wraps

Scizorist
12-05-2011, 04:49 AM
If you guys want to buy a real S3 key I would check these places:

http://vpeasaccessories.myshopify.com/collections/products

Ask vinni if he has any spare S3 keys he's willing to sell

OR

www.easpark.com

Get the DIR key from that site...

Originally Posted by easpark View Post
You can purchase too in easpark web page,the name is DIR key, is same that s3 deacher hand key

OR

Check the trading pit: http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=91