PDA

View Full Version : FBI SWAT team fires semi-automatic weapons at unarmed teenage girl

IIIII
11-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Maybe that FBI Swat gang member was looking to murder someone.

But we need to know WTF happened and why.

SWAT team fires semi-automatic weapons at unarmed teenage girl
Published: 17 November, 2012

Members of a SWAT team opened fire on an unarmed teenage girl this week when police officers outside of Washington, DC attempted to serve an early morning search warrant.

Myasia Hughley, 18, is recovering from flesh wounds following Thursday morning’s events in District Heights, Maryland. She was asleep in her bedroom at her family house when 15 FBI SWAT agents stormed the house with guns drawn.

“I’m shouting ‘Nobody is armed, nobody has a gun!’ and then all of a sudden I heard ‘She’s got a gun!’ and they just opened fire,” Emory Hughley, Myasia’s father, tells local station WJLA News.

Myasia didn’t have a gun, though, nor did any other member of the Hughley household. The authorities allegedly saw something, and in their minds had enough reason to unleash a barrage of bullets at the girl. Mr. Hughley tells Washington’s NBC News4 that he saw one agent even fire off around seven shots himself using a semi-automatic weapon.

“They almost hit my daughter, man,” he adds to WJLA. “If I hadn’t told her to go back in her room they probably would have shot her.”

“I’ve got eight holes in my wall. One bullet went past my head, almost hit me, ricocheted off my brick wall and some of the shrap metal hit my little daughter in the back of her neck, all for nothing.”

The Hughleys are now asking for answers from the FBI, but so far the authorities have stayed silent as to why they were raiding the home. Mr. Hughley says a day later that he has yet to be told why his house was visited in the early morning hours by more than a dozen heavily armed FBI agents other than they were executing a search warrant. The FBI’s Washington Field Office has deferred from answering pleas from the press to explain what the judge-approved order was for.

http://rt.com/usa/news/swat-teenage-girl-hughley-906/

Sir Cornwell
11-19-2012, 03:21 PM
I wonder if Scully and Mulder ever did that?

"X-Files: The Hidden Files-Cases Too Embarrassing To Air"

meateor
11-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Myasia didn’t have a gun, though, nor did any other member of the Hughley household. The authorities allegedly saw something, and in their minds had enough reason to unleash a barrage of bullets at the girl. Mr. Hughley tells Washington’s NBC News4 that he saw one agent even fire off around seven shots himself using a semi-automatic weapon.

Sensationalist reporting goes both ways, faggots. :muahaha: :thumbsup:

IIIII
11-19-2012, 03:31 PM
This is the Director of the FBI Field office that sent the FBI SWAT Team that shot up the Hughley's home.

He announced his retirement after the raid. I wonder if the raid was the reason for his decision to retire?

James McJunkin, FBI Washington Field Office chief, to retire
By Del Wilber

The head of the FBI’s Washington Field Office announced Thursday that he is retiring after serving 25 years in the bureau, officials said.

James W. McJunkin, who has served as the assistant director in charge of the District’s field office, is taking a corporate security job in Chicago. He announced his retirement plans in an e-mail he sent to colleagues, FBI officials said.

McJunkin, a 51-year-old former Pennsylvania state trooper, joined the bureau in 1987 and eventually came to specialize in counterterrorism investigations. Before being tapped to lead the Washington Field Office in 2010, he was the FBI’s assistant director of counterterrorism.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/crime-scene/post/james-mcjunkin-fbi-washington-field-office-chief-to-retire/2012/10/18/9d3c22a6-1965-11e2-aa6f-3b636fecb829_blog.html

I Kill Null Airtime
11-19-2012, 03:31 PM
I didn't read the article yet. Just wanted to comment on how stupid it is that a lot of articles like this point out that the guns were semi-auto. No shit they were semi-auto.

Also possible gender and age bias.

MAYOR
11-19-2012, 03:41 PM
It is easy for a person to see or hear something that isn't really there. Especially if you somewhat expect it or if it's happened before. It's the whole principle behind "the dangers of driving" and all this insurance and driving schools. As someone who's been in several high speed car accidents it's nasty but it's not like the schools tell you or the faggots at the insurance companies predict it's gonna happen. Also most people don't walk the streets with a gun in thier hand, but then BAM there's a motherfucker walking with a gun in his hand.

Turd_Smasher
11-19-2012, 04:05 PM
“I’m shouting ‘Nobody is armed, nobody has a gun!’ and then all of a sudden I heard ‘She’s got a gun!’ and they just opened fire,” Emory Hughley, Myasia’s father, tells local station WJLA News.

She's coming right for us!!

http://up-ship.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/itscoming.jpg

p6867
11-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Shit like this is what you get when you have a police force that's supposed to think like the military, but isn't doing that same job. The increased militarization of our police force isn't going anywhere until we end the drug war. Every time you guys vote for someone who isn't serious about ending the drug war, you're voting for this.

In the situations like this, if SWAT is serving the warrant, it's because they expect there to be gunplay. You think you see something out of the corner of your eye, waiting to check can get you or another guy on your team killed. People see what they expect to see, and if you expect to see a gun, you don't see a snow globe or whatever. Every high risk CQC team will always shoot first in that situation, no one wants to die.

komokazi
11-19-2012, 04:13 PM
They had to have someone to blame just in case. Took her out so in case things don't pan out well, they have a back-up plan to fall back on.

Sir Cornwell
11-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Is the girl hot? Maybe the FBI is trying out a new way to get laid.

"Give it up, bitch or next time I won't miss".

Snoopy
11-19-2012, 04:20 PM
That's some general tactilulz. Place a corpse on a landmine. Hilarity ensues every god damn time.

InspiredByMe
11-19-2012, 09:16 PM
I imagine these are the same kind of tacticool kids we used to make fun of.

And now they're all bitch nigga pigs shooting whatever their higher ups tell them to. Fucking pawns.

iMagiNation
11-19-2012, 09:44 PM
lol so they unleashed a barrage of bullets but didn't manage to hit her?

I don't know what's worse...that they were dumb enough to do this in the first place or not skilled enough to kill her.

Oct
11-19-2012, 09:49 PM
“I’m shouting ‘Nobody is armed, nobody has a gun!’ and then all of a sudden I heard ‘She’s got a gun!’ and they just opened fire,”

Sorry i had to laugh.

DJ Meaty Cheeks
11-19-2012, 10:26 PM
So they had one of these?

Family Guy - Minority Suspect - YouTube

-Fuck-
11-19-2012, 10:27 PM
My Chemical Romance - "Teenagers" [Official Music Video] - YouTube

Gun Lover
11-19-2012, 10:31 PM
Title is so fucking retarded

"FBI SWAT team fires semi-automatic weapons at unarmed teenage girl"

As if it matters whether they used a revolver or an M4 :facepalm:

p6867
11-19-2012, 10:37 PM
IIIII always mentions semi automatic weapons or really any gun he can in an effort to make all things sound as bad as possible

chilldo
11-19-2012, 10:38 PM
Title is so fucking retarded

"FBI SWAT team fires semi-automatic weapons at unarmed teenage girl"

As if it matters whether they used a revolver or an M4 :facepalm:

agreed

DJ Meaty Cheeks
11-19-2012, 10:40 PM
IIIII always mentions semi automatic weapons or really any gun he can in an effort to make all things sound as bad as possible

It sounds retarded I agree but in the writers defense a lot of people who watch/read the news know jack all about firearms.

TheRascalKing
11-19-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm pretty certain IIIII isn't a native English speaker, a troll, or both.

iMagiNation
11-19-2012, 10:42 PM

to be fair it is the title of the article he copy pasted

moron
11-19-2012, 10:44 PM
You think you see something out of the corner of your eye, waiting to check can get you or another guy on your team killed. People see what they expect to see, and if you expect to see a gun, you don't see a snow globe or whatever.

http://i.imgur.com/aqBAz.jpg

MAYOR
11-20-2012, 12:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/aqBAz.jpg

lol , but . 18 years old = up right adult posture / figure

IIIII
11-20-2012, 01:31 AM

Here is the list of weapons used by the FBI:

The MP5/10 Submachine gun
The M4 Carbine
The M1911A1 Springfield Professional Custom Pistol (.45 ACP)
The Glock 22 Pistol (.40 S&W)
The Remington 870 Shotgun
A Semi-Automatic or bolt action precision rifle (.308 cal)

I didn't post this news article because of the weapon used and did not originate the words 'semi automatic'.

I posted this because it is a news article.

You cry babies are such cry babies.

:facepalm:

TheRascalKing
11-20-2012, 01:33 AM
You post too many "articles". You're verging spammer status, man.

&Zenith
11-20-2012, 01:38 AM

You're a God-damned, veritable, cotton-picking negro.

constantinople
11-20-2012, 01:40 AM
Don't shout 'gun' during an FBI raid.

Don't shout bomb on an airplane.

Don't shout fire in a movie theater.

People never learn the basics..

IIIII
11-20-2012, 01:42 AM

No. I do not post spam.

Have you ever heard the phrase 'power corrupts'?

You are living it.

&Zenith
11-20-2012, 01:45 AM
Don't shout 'gun' during an FBI raid.

Don't shout bomb on an airplane.

Don't shout fire in a movie theater.

People never learn the basics..

Such as don't kick in other peoples' doors?

Fuck you.

constantinople
11-20-2012, 01:47 AM
Such as don't kick in other peoples' doors?

Fuck you.

That's what the SWAT/FBI do?

That's like telling an elephant to take small shits.

Gollum
11-20-2012, 01:56 AM
Really shouldn't have said gun at all when you have swat at your fucking door.

Glad nobody got killed though.

Gollum
11-20-2012, 01:57 AM
Also, it is a bit sad that (since I'm assuming they were shooting to kill?) they didn't even directly hit anyone, let alone kill them.

&Zenith
11-20-2012, 02:33 AM

Glad nobody got woken up to screaming and yelling in their own houses to find some narcissistic assholes with serious firepower invading their homes.

Oh wait, how is that any different from this?

Moreover, how is it different from any other home invasion?

Also, it is a bit sad that (since I'm assuming they were shooting to kill?) they didn't even directly hit anyone, let alone kill them.

Ugh.

That's what the SWAT/FBI do?

That's like telling an elephant to take small shits.

That's right. Lay down. Let it happen. Maybe if you're lucky I'll use lube.

p6867
11-20-2012, 02:36 AM
As in most things, the fault lies with the policy makers, not with the people doing their day to day job. Giving people the benefit of the doubt gets you killed in CQC. I'm personally opposed to the policy decisions that militarize criminals and police like this. Until that's changed you can't fault SWAT for being scared of people with guns, the high likelihood of people with guns is why they were called out in the first place.

iMagiNation
11-20-2012, 02:41 AM

That's fucking dumb. If someone has a gun during a raid, they're not going to talk about having it they're just going to fucking use it.

&Zenith
11-20-2012, 02:45 AM
As in most things, the fault lies with the policy makers, not with the people doing their day to day job. Giving people the benefit of the doubt gets you killed in CQC. I'm personally opposed to the policy decisions that militarize criminals and police like this. Until that's changed you can't fault SWAT for being scared of people with guns, the high likelihood of people with guns is why they were called out in the first place.

You'd rather shoot and kill a man by mistake rather than get shot and potentially killed yourself? When you literally could be in a position to deal death, I think giving the benefit of the doubt and trigger discipline are of the utmost importance. Otherwise, you quite aren't simply cut out for the job. I have never been a serviceman and probably never will, but I'd rather die with dignity than live with the guilt of a civilian's death in my opinion. However, I agree. It is the policymakers' fault. But the citizens don't give enough of a shit to change that fact, it seems. It disgusts me.

Sir Cornwell
11-20-2012, 05:37 AM
Saying "gun" is definitely a bad idea. Adrenaline makes you see more clearly but it also puts you in an altered reality. "We surrender" or "We's ain't movin', Officer", would be a better choice and get your hands out in plain sight too.

The Pat-Man
11-20-2012, 05:58 AM
wtf is myasia. srsly nigs get the shit together.

Psych
11-20-2012, 07:11 AM
Night time break in to shoot at innocent people for no declared reason.

This is not the schutzstaffel?

jheit8
11-20-2012, 07:24 AM
Night time break in to shoot at innocent people for no declared reason.

This is not the schutzstaffel?

There's a difference, these people are here to "preserve order".
:lol:

DiStOrTiOn
11-20-2012, 07:43 AM
ze constitutionz, zey do nofing

mexico
11-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Doesn't make sense. How do trained shooters firing high velocit rifles miss 8 times?

p6867
11-20-2012, 12:39 PM
You'd rather shoot and kill a man by mistake rather than get shot and potentially killed yourself? When you literally could be in a position to deal death, I think giving the benefit of the doubt and trigger discipline are of the utmost importance. Otherwise, you quite aren't simply cut out for the job. I have never been a serviceman and probably never will, but I'd rather die with dignity than live with the guilt of a civilian's death in my opinion. However, I agree. It is the policymakers' fault. But the citizens don't give enough of a shit to change that fact, it seems. It disgusts me.

No, you wouldn't. No one wants to die, and when the time comes EVERYONE is fast on the trigger, because you're scared of dying. I'm not saying you don't try, everyone tries, except for a couple sick fucks, no one wants to go around killing kids and shit. But at the end of the day, they're not you so if someone is gonna die, make it them. Also it's not just your life, you have your team to look after.

jheit8
11-20-2012, 12:45 PM
No, you wouldn't. No one wants to die, and when the time comes EVERYONE is fast on the trigger, because you're scared of dying. I'm not saying you don't try, everyone tries, except for a couple sick fucks, no one wants to go around killing kids and shit. But at the end of the day, they're not you so if someone is gonna die, make it them. Also it's not just your life, you have your team to look after.

http://www.cdc.gov/ViolencePrevention/suicide/statistics/suicide_map.html

p6867
11-20-2012, 12:47 PM
wam wam wamp

jheit8
11-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Also
http://www.freep.com/article/20121119/FEATURES08/121119019/Army-Navy-suicides-at-record-high?odyssey=nav|head

p6867
11-20-2012, 02:06 PM
When you get that nitpicky, and then run your joke even longer, I get pretty sure you have autism.

Sir Cornwell
11-20-2012, 02:23 PM
IDK. I'm always hearing of drug busts where all sorts of weapons are recovered, but how often are any shots fired against the popo in a residence bust? Cops get shot in NorAm all the time but it seldom seems to happen in a house.

Am I wrong? It always seems that shot cops are down on sidewalks or pavement not vinyl floors and carpet. Hitting residences sounds like scary action. In reality it's stopping vehicles that's statistically more dangerous innit?

Though suicidal people or domestic fights in homes can be dangerous, drug busts don't seem to be.

Gollum
11-20-2012, 03:26 PM
That's fucking dumb. If someone has a gun during a raid, they're not going to talk about having it they're just going to fucking use it.

Yea, SWAT isn't thinking about that when they kick down your door. They hear gun and the alarms go off in their head and they get into attack mode. Saying "nobody is armed" was smart. Saying "nobody has a gun" was not. Why would you mention gun at all after you said nobody was armed when you have a shit ton of stressed out and armed men and women at your door.

Sir Cornwell
11-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Even "armed" is a bad choice any way it's used.

Cops (people) have a habit of bending things to put them on top and you on the bottom.

benny vader
11-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Shit like this is what you get when you have a police force that's supposed to think like the military, but isn't doing that same job. The increased militarization of our police force isn't going anywhere until we end the drug war. Every time you guys vote for someone who isn't serious about ending the drug war, you're voting for this.

In the situations like this, if SWAT is serving the warrant, it's because they expect there to be gunplay. You think you see something out of the corner of your eye, waiting to check can get you or another guy on your team killed. People see what they expect to see, and if you expect to see a gun, you don't see a snow globe or whatever. Every high risk CQC team will always shoot first in that situation, no one wants to die.

bs excuse for sloppiness and in competencies. isnt it one of the reason they train and train is so that they could differentiate target and friendly ?????

or unarmed civilians / hostages in police bns ????

Sir Cornwell
11-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Most SWAT Teams are well trained and seldom fire shots outside their shooting range.

Other than to shoot people's dogs that is.

Gollum
11-20-2012, 04:58 PM
bs excuse for sloppiness and in competencies. isnt it one of the reason they train and train is so that they could differentiate target and friendly ?????

Good point.

Obviously they weren't well trained though, because they couldn't even kill these people (thank god)

IIIII
11-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Could it be that when training they are taught to start shooting when the word 'gun' is shouted?

Sir Cornwell
11-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Well "gun" is a

Trigger word.

:horse:

constantinople
11-20-2012, 05:21 PM

Um, as far as I'm aware most hostage situations are dealt with via sniper. There are hardly ever guys kicking in doors to apprehend a hostage on foot.

That's just like, common sense man.

benny vader
11-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Good point.

Obviously they weren't well trained though, because they couldn't even kill these people (thank god)

must be becos they've been absorbing a shit load of fucked vets returning from afgan/iraq into their ranks.

remember how that time ssgt pee said he was highly coveted by law enforcement agencies ?????

thats kind of how this is i guess.

constantinople
11-20-2012, 05:23 PM
IDK. I'm always hearing of drug busts where all sorts of weapons are recovered, but how often are any shots fired against the popo in a residence bust? Cops get shot in NorAm all the time but it seldom seems to happen in a house.

Am I wrong? It always seems that shot cops are down on sidewalks or pavement not vinyl floors and carpet. Hitting residences sounds like scary action. In reality it's stopping vehicles that's statistically more dangerous innit?

Though suicidal people or domestic fights in homes can be dangerous, drug busts don't seem to be.

I think most drug dealers have guns to protect themselves from stick up guys and other drug dealers.

Most have no intention of shooting a LEO, and usually spend most of their time trying to hide from LEO.

At least in the United States.

benny vader
11-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Um, as far as I'm aware most hostage situations are dealt with via sniper. There are hardly ever guys kicking in doors to apprehend a hostage on foot.

That's just like, common sense man.

well, the last time I attended a swat training they had this drill where they sneak into an airplane loaded with ''terrorists'' and their ''mission'' was to neutralize all of these ''terrorists'' among hostage passengers.

no snipers were actually involved. its all glock/berretta and mp5 shifting thru the hostages.

edit : no wait, i didnt actually ''attended'' a swat training, i just saw the movie with the same name.

trickster
11-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Had these guys been on duty, things might have gone differently...

Careful Commandos - The Whitest Kids U'Know on IFC - YouTube

Things like this end up being a big mess, because there are so many levels of "You fucked up" involved. I'd be interested to know what they were doing there that warranted such excessive use of force though. For some reason, that house was targeted. It might be that it was meant to be a different house, but that just shows (continuing) gross incompetence on their part. Were they actually watching the house for any amount of time? Apparently not. Did they double check the white pages to make sure the residents of that house were who they thought they were? Probably not.

You know, it occurs to me that when a pizza delivery guy fucks up, it comes out of his paycheck. When they fuck up, they tell us to look the other way... How is Papa John's going to be more accountable than our enforcement agencies? I... I'm gonna go do drugs now.

mizled
11-20-2012, 05:45 PM
Re: FBI SWAT team fires semi-automatic weapons at unarmed teenage girl

See? This is what happens when the ATF takes a day off.

is all mememememe with me
11-21-2012, 01:19 AM
what you need to consider before you try and defend these guys is why do we supposedly have law enforcement in the first place? ..answer is to protect civilians, innocent civilians at least anyway. how is shooting innocent unarmed civilians protecting them. do it properly or don't do it at all i say, because this isn't a game, getting this wrong has very serious consequences. going into wrong houses with weapons and shooting at people is hardly protecting people if you are going to get it wrong. these people are supposed to be professionals, they are paid to risk their lives to protect innocent civilians, so they should make damn sure before they fire at anyone, even if that means taking an extra second which may well risk their own life. if you're not prepared to do that then you have no business being a swat member. swat teams shouldn't even be allowed to take a weapon onto a bust until they can consistently score 100% using targets like these on the range.

http://i.imgur.com/3cpeA.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/5PsgU.jpg

its as simple as that !!

Darkhunter
11-21-2012, 01:33 AM
You're a God-damned, veritable, cotton-picking nigger.

Fix'd