PDA

View Full Version : Getting blood diamonds in Africa, smuggling them to the US or another country?

.it
05-22-2009, 02:56 AM
So i was watching a documentary and some places in africa have millions of dollars worth of diamonds. One guy was selling a decent sized stone for $2000, the stone would be worth about 100 grand here, give n take.

thats a lot of profit, but it's illegal to smuggle these stones due to their bloody nature.

but they are easy to transport, no smell, no metal. so its not like its a drug or weapon.

kirby
05-22-2009, 03:33 AM
So i was watching a documentary and some places in africa have millions of dollars worth of diamonds. One guy was selling a decent sized stone for $2000, the stone would be worth about 100 grand here, give n take.

thats a lot of profit, but it's illegal to smuggle these stones due to their bloody nature.

but they are easy to transport, no smell, no metal. so its not like its a drug or weapon.

You're right, teir easy to transport. Thats why only you have gotten the idea of doing so.

Border patrol aren't idiots, they know people try to smuggle diamonds and will efficevley look all over and a majority will not take bribes for one.

#2 I suggest watching Blood diamond.

Afterwards, it'd be very hard to establish you've gotten it legitmaley, it wouldn't be from a main "manafactuer" and etc.

You wouldn't be abnle to sell it

.it
05-22-2009, 04:08 AM
You're right, teir easy to transport. Thats why only you have gotten the idea of doing so.

Border patrol aren't idiots, they know people try to smuggle diamonds and will efficevley look all over and a majority will not take bribes for one.

Afterwards, it'd be very hard to establish you've gotten it legitmaley, it wouldn't be from a main "manafactuer" and etc.

the documentary i watched showed how they smuggled it, and they usually got away with it.

you can totally shove a diamond in your butt or swallow it if you're disparate.

what i would do is pose as a journalist then make a pot or figurine with clay or jewelry, shove dismonds in it and then let it harden and say it was its an african antique. then break it when you got home.

Skater14
05-22-2009, 04:15 AM

It wouldn't be that hard to hide... I don't know how big these things are. But a few ideas off the top of my head:

Take apart a Xbox 360, hide it in there. Put the xbox back together, put it in its box. I seriously doubt they would open up the xbox.

Same can be done for Wii or PS3, or a stereo system.

Shove it up your ass.

In your shoes.

NTP
05-22-2009, 04:19 AM
Hell yeah that would be nice. Especially if you found some poor guy trying to sell a blue diamond for very cheap.:p

ObsidianZ
05-22-2009, 04:32 AM
You wouldn't be able to sell it. Not to anyone reputable at least. Diamonds require certificates and documentation.

I doubt you have the connections, resources, or balls to make a profitable underground sale. You're liable to get hit by the mob.

*ObZ

Zip
05-22-2009, 04:47 AM
This guy Lokil, old mod on totse, had a very detailed thread on this about 6 or 7 years ago. It was in the archives under UBB though I doubt anyone still has it saved. One of the best threads BI ever had, if not the best.

sexualjesus
05-22-2009, 08:15 AM
this is interesting, because i know a few people in zimbabwe... selling it seems the hardest part.

so to help get an answer i will ask you another question, how do synthetic diamonds get certified, sell the fucker to a place that makes synthetic diamonds for half the price?

.it
05-22-2009, 09:10 AM
It wouldn't be that hard to hide... I don't know how big these things are. But a few ideas off the top of my head:

Take apart a Xbox 360, hide it in there. Put the xbox back together, put it in its box. I seriously doubt they would open up the xbox.

Same can be done for Wii or PS3, or a stereo system.

Shove it up your ass.

In your shoes.

they would xray it, and you dont wanna go thru out africa carrying a 360, it's heavy and you have to cross a big chunk of terrain to reach better diamond buying cites.

.it
05-22-2009, 09:16 AM
You wouldn't be able to sell it. Not to anyone reputable at least. Diamonds require certificates and documentation.

I doubt you have the connections, resources, or balls to make a profitable underground sale. You're liable to get hit by the mob.

*ObZ

the thing about smaller loose diamonds is that it's very hard to pass off. this is why i posted this on bad ideas, i prob wouldnt make the trip to africa for no reason, but mainly kuz i dont know where i'd sell these stones.

but say you get a real big stone, maybe worth 100 grand or a few hundred grand, and you only paid thousands for it? i sure you could line up a few buyers, and some shady jewelry shop will want to buy it, polish it and cut it. now they'd have something real proud to display in their shelves or something to sell to a private collector. you may only get a third or half of what you bought it for, but the entire trip shouldnt cost much along with the stone, lots of profit, but also danger.

there are tons of illegal diamond smugglers and diamond trading businesses in africa who do the exact same thing to make money.

ObsidianZ
05-22-2009, 09:22 AM
there are tons of illegal diamond smugglers and diamond trading businesses in africa who do the exact same thing to make money.

Which is why they won't let some small-time punk muscle in on their business.

Diamonds is srs bizness.

*ObZ

Agent 008
05-22-2009, 09:37 AM
Read "Diamonds Are Forever" by Ian Fleming.

All your answers are in there.

sexualjesus
05-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Read "Diamonds Are Forever" by Ian Fleming.

All your answers are in there.

"you expect me to talk?"
"no mr agent, i expect you to die"

Vox Ducis
05-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Jewellers in Antwerp would be glad to hear from you. They handle tons of diamonds over there.

It's very easy to sell them diamonds as they can make several stones out of one.

eardor
05-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Smuggle them by sticking them in the tip of your dick. No one will look there.

Windows
05-22-2009, 04:00 PM

There's ONE guy running the whole diamonds industry... He worth approx 20.3billions

.it
05-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Which is why they won't let some small-time punk muscle in on their business.

Diamonds is srs bizness.

*ObZ

they wont muscle you out, people generally hire them to smuggle or help them smuggle the diamonds.

overall it will be worth it if you get enough big stones.

samguy700
05-22-2009, 10:44 PM
i read an article posted here about a abnk robberie is prague or somewhere in the diamond district basicaly it said 80 percent of sales are done under the table basicaly if you got the contacts your set

samguy700
05-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Jewellers in Antwerp would be glad to hear from you. They handle tons of diamonds over there.

It's very easy to sell them diamonds as they can make several stones out of one.

antwerp, that was it, ok somebody please post the article.
you know if you realy wanted it to become a profitable business making serious money in the long term not just a quick few hundred grand (buys you a house then what? it isent that much money) then start a small diamond dealers, learn about the trade, the truth is shady diamond dealing is a murky world we've all seen blood diamond truth is it wasent bullshit, that did happen, the bullshit bit was at the end when it says XXXXX major companies have signed the agreement saying thy wont sell blood diamonds this was about as usefull to stopping blood diamonds as the shutting down of ls was to cp.
its not a dirty bloody business, its a crooked business, they dont kill eachother they push eachother out shut eachother down.

diamond smugling, dealing, etc isent for quick cash, you have to know what your buying, you would have to take a course and work at a diamond dealers for a while to be able to see the quality of the diamond and find out who buys what and who wants what and how much it actualy works out as and not just on paper, then you could go to africa and bring back a few diamonds but by this point it wouldent be worth the time for a few diamonds, you would have to figure out a more eficient way of smuggling them in and out of the country, maybe have an insider working at the airport, two identical suitcases with a gap between the outer material and the inner material. replace the emty suitcase with one with the gap lined with diamonds then have someone pull it out and deal with it at the other end, problem with dealing with something this high value is that people will kill you to get at it if they find out, so i would go to extreme lenghs to make them untraceable, like taking the diamonds off in a car and stopping at lights dropping them down to an acomplice in a sewer who passes up a case full of fake ones, which are then smuggled out of the country in a much more obvious and patheticaly badly hidden operation these fakes would be guarded by a few butch looking and mean looking men, basicaly the diamonds and the glass stones would be switched, the glass stones smuggled out as an ineficient ganster style operation in a sotof yes i m doing it fuckyou you cant prove shit style, the real diamonds would be smuggled out in a much more discreet and incospicuous way.

td lr you need a few years experience in the diamond industry market whatever to know what your doing and so after that you might aswell be in it for the long haul, and if you are and do get caught you would be so fucking rich you could afford plastic surgery, a new identity, bribes, to live comfortably in exile, to buy silence, and if you can buy a huge estate with beach etc in india if you make it into a sortof resort village if you have had plastic surgery you can live in it like they did in "the business" quite comofrtably, and the truth is if you did get caught it wouldent be prison it would be huge fines in which case you could take your money and jump ship

samguy700
05-22-2009, 11:50 PM
dude i been thinking, this is a fucking gold mine if your know the right people. but its in the wrong forum, this isent a bad idea, not even a good bad idea its a business, a shady one at that, but this place is for robberies and scams and carding etc.
i mean they are bad ideas, for example a robbery what do you get 2 years? for what 2000 bucks? chances of getting caught vary hugely, but pretty risky i m sure you'll all agree.
now lets jump the scale a bit, carding, between 2 and 10 years? depending on the amount, but max is probly 10 (i dont know shit about sentencing i m guessing completly for this) now diamond smuggling and dealing max is 20 years you will not get life (and i know about this one find oneperson who got more than 20 years let alone life) and what are the rewards? fucking millions, 30 million easy and you wont get 20 years you would probly get a big ass fine and maybe 3 years (with a top lawyer ofcourse) and for all the luxury and class, its well worth it.
international diamond smuggling is to a certain extent above the law, as it is more or less victimless or atleast the victims are hard to find and they arent gonna complain orif they do it wont be traced back to you, and its very hard to pin any wrong doing on you aside tax evasion etc.

i dont want to sound an expert i dont know much about this if anything. dont take any of the above as fact its just my first impressions from reading about human rights violations and company and copyrights laws and disputes, and also things read in this thread.

td lr this is a bad idea or a tactical organised ilegal trade you would be an idiot to do..... well the bad idea when it is so easy to make it a profitable enterprise.

its half term next week i willgo up to chancery lane in london and try and get work eperience there, i will problyfail epicaly but i l tell you howit goes and what i find out, if all else failsil get to ask afew questions about it

.it
05-23-2009, 12:52 AM
its not hard smuggling diamonds but you cant just toss them in a suitcase with hidden compartments, that what xrays and stuff will look for. but if you hide them on your orifices, like swallowing it, it's a dirty process, but it may be worth it.

and the potential danger is if you get caught in one of these countries during a genocide or rebellion. you will be killed or jailed and rot, thats the true extent of danger.

the government over there is pretty damn corrupt, they easily take bribes, my friend is from Ghana and paid off officers with a few bucks. it may cost you more if they know you're smuggling diamonds.

samguy700
05-23-2009, 11:26 AM
its not hard smuggling diamonds but you cant just toss them in a suitcase with hidden compartments, that what xrays and stuff will look for.

i said have two suitcases one goes through xrays which is empty then have someone working at the airport who switches the empty one with the one with diamonds in it, reapeat in reverse at other end

but if you hide them on your orifices, like swallowing it, it's a dirty process, but it may be worth it.

i d do it for 10 bucks hell i d do it for a dare, doesent phase me

and the potential danger is if you get caught in one of these countries during a genocide or rebellion. you will be killed or jailed and rot, thats the true extent of danger.

thats why you have someone else doing it for you

the government over there is pretty damn corrupt, they easily take bribes, my friend is from Ghana and paid off officers with a few bucks. it may cost you more if they know you're smuggling diamonds.

i ve never realy understood the problem with corruption althouhg:
if your a dumb theif and get caught a lot then stealing isentworth it because the bribes are expensive ie stops dumb shits stealing
if your a good thief you dont get caught much but if you do you have a get out of jail free card

Vox Ducis
05-23-2009, 09:20 PM
If you want to learn everything about diamonds, the HRD in Antwerp gives courses and you can obtain diplomas. They're probably the best.Then, you can choose between being honest or dishonest.

samguy700
05-23-2009, 11:28 PM
If you want to learn everything about diamonds, the HRD in Antwerp gives courses and you can obtain diplomas. They're probably the best.Then, you can choose between being honest or dishonest.

this.

constantinople
05-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Almost everyone in this thread is retarded. I'm willing to bet that 99% of you don't know jack shit about the diamond business other than what you saw DiCaprio doing, and what you speculate as to what they might be doing/

That, and all the plans I saw thus far have been fucking retarded in the maximum. You wouldn't smuggle them on a big fucking commercial airliner for one like everyone seems to think.

samguy700
05-23-2009, 11:55 PM
Almost everyone in this thread is retarded. I'm willing to bet that 99% of you don't know jack shit about the diamond business other than what you saw DiCaprio doing, and what you speculate as to what they might be doing/

That, and all the plans I saw thus far have been fucking retarded in the maximum. You wouldn't smuggle them on a big fucking commercial airliner for one like everyone seems to think.

i dont know jack shit and i made that clear in all my posts, seeying as your an expert tell us how its done, also give me one good reason why swallowing it and going on a comercial airliner is a bad idea? what are they going to do x ray everyone force feed you laxatives, sit you in prison and go throught your shit?

.it
05-24-2009, 12:56 AM

fuck you.

samguy700
05-24-2009, 12:59 AM
fuck you.

meh sometimes its just not worth the time..... someone shoud motivate it although i would use on of drivebys posts

#1 Stunna
05-24-2009, 12:55 PM
The international community has spent a lot of time and effort in developing the Kimberly Process and raising public awareness. Without Kimberly certification, you will not be able to sell the diamond for enough to make this endeavor worthwhile.

samguy700
05-24-2009, 12:57 PM
The international community has spent a lot of time and effort in developing the Kimberly Process and raising public awareness. Without Kimberly certification, you will not be able to sell the diamond for enough to make this endeavor worthwhile.

how/where do you get kimbrley certificates?
ps the article onthe antwerp safe robery said still about 80 percent of thediamonddealing is done under the table plus i msure you could forge a kimberly certificate or get one

Akagi
05-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Seems like the best option for moving smuggled blood diamonds is to just become a diamond expert and jeweler so you can just cut the diamonds yourself, socket them into jewelry, then sell the stuff with no certification required.

samguy700
05-24-2009, 01:42 PM
Seems like the best option for moving smuggled blood diamonds is to just become a diamond expert and jeweler so you can just cut the diamonds yourself, socket them into jewelry, then sell the stuff with no certification required.

exacly but i would just find some shady diamond dealer, i saw a guy on the tube with a nice chain, proper wigger but sorta less chavish, more like biker style anyhow i liked the chain so iasked him where he got it and he told me about "theres this place in ?????? square you know the diamond district, you walk down alleyways and then theres stairs and you think you get robbed and ting, yeah walk down there and theres shops and thats the makers and they sell it for cheap.
so how much was the chain? cant realy say you know what i m saying less than 200, he also said you needed to know the right people.
now i m sure if you went down there then you could easyly sell whatever you had.

keysersyze
05-24-2009, 09:14 PM
LMAO....HAHAHAHAhaHA!!!!! I deal in gems...this is the equivalent of saying "im a bounty hunter, lets raid afghanistan and find fugitives.for bounty.......sorry fellas.....but thats hilarous.......

.it
05-24-2009, 09:38 PM
i was seeing some of the certifications, and you may be able to bribe some of the licensed diamond jewelers into helping you. some of the certifications were basically an emblem on melted wax and ribbons..

Revvy
05-24-2009, 10:01 PM
Just melt the diamonds down and mould them into the shape of a car like Goldfinger.

samguy700
05-24-2009, 11:25 PM
LMAO....HAHAHAHAhaHA!!!!! I deal in gems...this is the equivalent of saying "im a bounty hunter, lets raid afghanistan and find fugitives.for bounty.......sorry fellas.....but thats hilarous.......

i dont get it

Vox Ducis
05-25-2009, 02:38 PM
i dont get it

Neither do I.

Enrapture
05-26-2009, 12:11 AM
The best way is to get some tape and tape them under your balls.
Even if you get strip-searched it isn't like they are going to make you lift your sack and show them your taint, as long as the tape isn't showing.

Meguiar
05-26-2009, 12:35 AM
I think getting the diamond to another country would be easy.

What im thinking is it wont be too easy to find someone selling them at all, never mind that cheap.

And then yeah, selling it. . .

.it
05-26-2009, 12:54 AM
I think getting the diamond to another country would be easy.

What im thinking is it wont be too easy to find someone selling them at all, never mind that cheap.

And then yeah, selling it. . .

actually, finding and buying a blood diamond will be mad easy.

most of the time they approach you because you dont look black, they can tell you're not from the environment. there isn't any other reason why outsiders show up to blood diamond territory.