PDA

View Full Version : Impairing a car through the gas tank

Twin Gats
09-26-2009, 06:23 AM
Ive always wondered what can you really put in a gas tank to totally screw the car over? ive heard people say sugar or concrete, but that seems a bit impractical. does anyone know something you can put in the gas tank to mess up the internals of the vehicle? All hypothetical of course its not like im actually going to do this, lol

yawanur
09-26-2009, 06:37 AM
Meth, and it barely takes any!

Twin Gats
09-26-2009, 06:42 AM
Meth, and it barely takes any!

thats bullshit i want some real responses

Equinox
09-26-2009, 07:22 AM
Every rumour you hear about putting sugar in the gas tank, bleach, etc are false. Don't even bother with them. The best solution is also the simplest and cheapest - water. Gas floats on water, so if you put enough water in there, the engine will only take in water for a while, and you can fuck up the engine.

el drewto
09-26-2009, 07:25 AM
Put a fuse in the gas tank and light it.

slowdown
09-26-2009, 07:37 AM
Every rumour you hear about putting sugar in the gas tank, bleach, etc are false. Don't even bother with them. The best solution is also the simplest and cheapest - water. Gas floats on water, so if you put enough water in there, the engine will only take in water for a while, and you can fuck up the engine.

I was going to say this. In the least it will start knocking like crazy.

What would sugar in the tank do? I've seen people do it on tv and read about it, but ? Wouldn't it effect, at least, how the car handled?

The General
09-26-2009, 07:45 AM
put about a bottle of accrylic acid in there and I can promise you a new engine will be needed.

09-26-2009, 07:58 AM
Packing peanuts, styrofoam, stuff that will actually dissolve in gas. Have you ever tried that? It's "napalm" for 14 year olds.

I assume there are tons of things. You probably couldn't go wrong adding some packing peanuts, some water, some Hydrochloric acid, and maybe just a ton of hair? SOMETHING there has gotta fuck it up.

tim
09-26-2009, 08:08 AM
put about a bottle of accrylic acid in there and I can promise you a new engine will be needed.

This. Anything that is very acidic will fuck their engine over.

You could also dump a bunch of gravel in there, I dunno what that would do though.

Dfg
09-26-2009, 08:23 AM
After looking a bit hard I finally found the Mythbuster episode. I did see it and they tested different ways of fucking up an engine. Some of them failed hard while others proved quite effective.

http://mythbustersresults.com/episode15

Crashwangdoodle
09-26-2009, 08:56 AM
After looking a bit hard I finally found the Mythbuster episode. I did see and they tested different ways of fucking up an engine. Some of them failed hard while others proved quite effective.

dammit i was going to do that :mad:

Bakayar
09-26-2009, 09:17 AM
As mentiond earlier, puting any crude oil derrived product will cause the engin to gum up. the reason being that the seperation of the molecules isnt permanant, so when the materials come into contact with any of each other they try and turn back into crude oil.

some of thease materials are:
ping pong balls, polystyrene, road tar, bensene, kerosene and , to some extent, anti-freeze.

remember, to do this requires a larg quantity of thease materials, so its better to manufacture the recombinant substence before-hand, this also allows you to control the consistancy of the substance to better suit your needs as you can see what you are doing. this will compleatly gum up the engine and any connecting pipes, requireing and expensive cleaning, or, depending on damage made, compleate replacement of the engine.

Equinox
09-26-2009, 12:36 PM
I was going to say this. In the least it will start knocking like crazy.

What would sugar in the tank do? I've seen people do it on tv and read about it, but ? Wouldn't it effect, at least, how the car handled?

Well, the supposed effect of sugar was that the heat from the engine would cause it to caramelize - then harden, and completely fuck it up. But, for obvious reasons, it doesn't work.

As the link Dfg posted said, bleach works in the oil bit - but not the actual gas tank.

Dfg
09-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Oh and another thing. Read the comments!

Little Miss Sunshine
09-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Ive always wondered what can you really put in a gas tank to totally screw the car over? ive heard people say sugar or concrete, but that seems a bit impractical. does anyone know something you can put in the gas tank to mess up the internals of the vehicle? All hypothetical of course its not like im actually going to do this, lol

Do tell the story to *what* led to this inquiry?

Omnibus
09-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Water, then styrofoam stuffed with potassium. The styrofoam will dissolve, giving you time to gtfo before the potassium hits the water.