PDA

View Full Version : Demon possesion when your drunk?

OnTheFringe
12-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Now at first this idea may seem laughable, if not outrageous compared to our modern day believes, but if we really take a closer look at the effects of drinking alcohol and the reality of spirituality and the fourth dimension, it doesn't seem like a far stretch.

Modern day science associates alcoholism with the sudden change of personality and blacking out when one is drinking. Does this not sound like demon possession? Think about it. The demon is in control so your not going to remember anything or have any memories, and the demon is going to have his/her personality and not yours.

In conclusion, I think theirs a strong possibility that getting drunk could possibly lead to getting possessed by demons. really think about it.

LiquidIce
12-09-2009, 11:30 PM
There is no fucking way you're going to throw away so much knowledge from the 20th century and up about alcohol being a nervous system depressant and causing many of these symptoms you describe as demon possession. :mad:
That is medieval thinking.

Paranormal_G
12-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Why is Marijuana illegal, yet auchohol legal?

Because auchohol is like a cell phone tower. It opens up the brain causing demonic temptation telepathy to turn into 100% total control.

Generic Box Of Cookies
12-09-2009, 11:56 PM

Because auchohol is like a cell phone tower. It opens up the brain causing demonic temptation telepathy to turn into 100% total control.

Causing a man to unwittingly copulate with Satan's legion of filthy harlots, spreading pestilence and discontent across the Earth!

AngryOnion
12-09-2009, 11:59 PM
I have often wondered the same thing,especially after reading some of the posts I have made while totally blanked out:confused:

Figure-8
12-10-2009, 12:04 AM

^ Yep.

Weed does that too, but then it's all like, "WOooah man, take it easy, I mean, just look at yourself, what are you doing? What's going on here? C'mon....roll up another one and forget about all this, then just vibe out, eat some fresh fruit and go to bed and have good dreams...it will all be ok..."

:)

Figure-8
12-10-2009, 12:05 AM
There is no fucking way you're going to throw away so much knowledge from the 20th century and up about alcohol being a nervous system depressant and causing many of these symptoms you describe as demon possession. :mad:
That is medieval thinking.

They were on to something, but they couldn't handle it.

Instead of saying, " Hey, you know something. I know something, let's join forces!" They just killed everyone that didn't have the same exact idea...

So it wasn't their intuition that was a problem, but their social interactions...

Figure-8
12-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Up until a couple hundred years ago people thought EVERYTHING abnormal was a result of demons/satan/evil spirits and you're just an idiot.

Still is.

Alcohol isn't the problem, it's the fact that altered states open the doors.

Now if you open the doors in a bad neighborhood....and your Uncle Sam is telling you there's nothing but fluffy rabbits out there, and then this guy comes and rapes you http://www.premiere.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/images/mallrats/594941-1-eng-US/mallrats.jpg

You're going to have problems without viable solutions.

So you must change your world view.

Even though it's not the drug that's doing it. It's the mind set.

FuckThatShit
12-10-2009, 12:15 AM
sounds like an elaborate excuse for an angry drunk.

Figure-8
12-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Elaborate yes, excuse, no. You take responsibility for your actions, including what happens to you.

LiquidIce
12-10-2009, 01:10 AM
Now at first this idea may seem laughable, if not outrageous compared to our modern day believes, but if we really take a closer look at the effects of drinking alcohol and the reality of spirituality and the fourth dimension, it doesn't seem like a far stretch.

Modern day science associates alcoholism with the sudden change of personality and blacking out when one is drinking. Does this not sound like demon possession? Think about it. The demon is in control so your not going to remember anything or have any memories, and the demon is going to have his/her personality and not yours.

In conclusion, I think theirs a strong possibility that getting drunk could possibly lead to getting possessed by demons. really think about it.

The bolded part is yer problem. Reality and spirituality have nothing in common, for spirituality is incorporeal or immaterial nature.
You also missed out many demon-possession fun thing like speaking in tongues, I've never heard a drunk man speak in tongues, only watch as his speech get more and more impeded. Also, no drunks that I've ever seen levitated and/or blew fire or made a helluva scary faces at me.

Of course, you could say that these are more subtle demons, the demons that make you blackout and the next day it turns out that you're a father now. How come is it that these demons only amplify our behaviors and don't introduce nothing new into them? And it also lowers our inhibitions?

Also, this "sudden change of personality" is a myth perpetuated by the western media. It's cool to get shitfaced now. Kids will drink energy drinks and say how high they are. Or take ibuprofen and say they're stoned. Hell, they'll even huff jenkem for fuck's sake!

I come from a vastly different drinking culture, where even the idea of being shitfaced means doing crazy and funny shit, things like making a disco in the elevator or riding down stairs on mattresses, not from a culture that applauds "making out" and having sex or playing beer games of any sort. Somehow, we have a lot less drunk sluts. We do, but no one turns a blind eye to the fact that they're sluts and not just making believe they are really drunk. I've had blacked out people sing folk songs with me. I've had them fall asleep in the ditch. I've had them continue as if nothing happens when all of the sudden they just snap back.

And let me tell you this my friend, singing a mix of folk, pop and rock songs at 2am while trying to catch a cab is not what these so called 'demons' do.

ArmsMerchant
12-10-2009, 01:20 AM
I have seen cases of entity attachment which started when the client was under the influence of alcohol; such cases are rare, but they DO happen.

It is much more likely that stupid behavior while drunk is a result of the distilled spirits in the booze, not some woo-woo stuff.

Figure-8
12-10-2009, 01:39 AM
And let me tell you this my friend, singing a mix of folk, pop and rock songs at 2am while trying to catch a cab is not what these so called 'demons' do.

Same thing, just weaker demon.

All mis-action is due to negative influence.

LiquidIce
12-10-2009, 01:43 AM
Elaborate yes, excuse, no. You take responsibility for your actions, including what happens to you.

Same thing, just weaker demon.

All mis-action is due to negative influence.

You contradict yourself.

ArmsMerchant
12-10-2009, 01:47 AM
I don't think so. "Influence" is not the same as "compunction."

In any case, our reality is the result of choices we make--often at a preconscious and/or collective level.

Figure-8
12-10-2009, 01:51 AM
^ I had to look up that word. Thanks.

: D

You contradict yourself.

Does mean you have to give into the influence? No. But you cannot pretend it's not there.

That just gives them time and space to set up a more elaborate influence.

But when you keep your problems at face level, everyday you wake up with new ideas on how to improve yourself.

Keep thinking, never forgetting.

It's when I finally decide that there are no demons and nothing to worry about that I feel a big problem coming...

Edit: The way I wrote that does make it confusing, but it really is. That's the whole idea, that's why it's the subject that it is.

Either way, here's a better one:

You are responsible for your actions, including whether or not you give into the influence of others around you.

If you do give into the influence, it doesn't mean that someone caused you to do it, but it doesn't mean that you wouldn't have done it without that influence.

So you see, it's kind of odd. Because if you're influenced, and you couldn't have done it without the influence, it's almost as if you were meant to attract that influence and do it anyway.

But see, this is why I didn't want to go on.

It's because you can be targeted by the one's who know how to affect your mind just the way they want...because they've been following and watching you.

Not a good subject though...everyone should know.

LiquidIce
12-10-2009, 02:05 AM
Does mean you have to give into the influence? No. But you cannot pretend it's not there.

Or you can pretend it's there. We can play pretend all we want. But it won't make your laptop work.

Figure-8
12-10-2009, 02:22 AM
No one's pretending, not even you, because you can't see what others can. In time though, if you become psychically or spiritually activated you will seek a higher path, and it will include seeking higher information.

When you do this, they will come for you, like a beacon popping up on the radar, and as they do this, if you're sure to practice and clear your mind, you will see them as well.

At the level you're at now, it's minor intentions, and a smaller cycle. Once you get out of it, the larger cycles open up, as well as the aspects of reality they include or incorporate.

Higher awareness or global ascension doesn't come from pretending. Pretending doesn't even exist as a logical assertion anymore, because any thing I put my focus, attention, or imagination to, expands, animates, and evolves.

What do you put your attention to? Things that are already around?

Or something that you genuinely experienced?

LiquidIce
12-10-2009, 02:34 AM
No one's pretending, not even you, because you can't see what others can. In time though, if you become psychically or spiritually activated you will seek a higher path, and it will include seeking higher information.
So only by accepting your words as truth can I seek this higher path? If I do not, I will remain on my own, low, level?

When you do this, they will come for you, like a beacon popping up on the radar, and as they do this, if you're sure to practice and clear your mind, you will see them as well.
So, only if my power level rises, will they come for me? Thus all the drunken hobos I've seen are either really spiritual people, or they're... drunk? Which one is it?

At the level you're at now, it's minor intentions, and a smaller cycle. Once you get out of it, the larger cycles open up, as well as the aspects of reality they include or incorporate.
Again, does this mean conmen, gypsies and hardcore alcoholics are on a higher level of spirituality, because they are overwhelmed by the demons?

You can't say it's because alcohol lowers their defenses, because there are absolutely sober men the will scam the shit out of you.

Somehow these demons only come for the drunk, high or gullible.

Higher awareness or global ascension doesn't come from pretending. Pretending doesn't even exist as a logical assertion anymore, because any thing I put my focus, attention, or imagination to, expands, animates, and evolves.
I should of course treat this as a metaphor, because I would love to see how you focus on my slim amount of cake and expand it? What does this mean without the metaphor?

What do you put your attention to? Things that are already around?

Or something that you genuinely experienced?
I am skeptical to my experiences, I compare them with the knowledge I've gained, and I also compare past experiences with freshly gained knowledge, revising my past and changing plans for my future. So far all things that I've experienced are perfectly explained by science and human nature and, of course, my own decisions. I don't see a need for introducing 'demons' into this world, because they are unnecessary.

Pile of Jews
12-10-2009, 02:35 AM
The reason you blackout when you get too drunk, is because alcohols natural poison, and certain parts of your brain shut off to prevent brain damage.

I do agree though. My Alcoholic grandfather who JUST got out of jail today for a 5th DUI, often gets voices telling him to do things when hes drunk. I'm not sure what causes them, but demon possession is possible. Or schizophrenia.

Its really hard to tell demon possession from schizophrenia.

Figure-8
12-10-2009, 02:42 AM
So only by accepting your words as truth can I seek this higher path? If I do not, I will remain on my own, low, level?

Nope, you speak your own truth.

So, only if my power level rises, will they come for me?

You are no threat to them.

Somehow these demons only come for the drunk, high or gullible.

You are vulnerable when intoxicated.

I should of course treat this as a metaphor, because I would love to see how you focus on my slim amount of cake and expand it? What does this mean without the metaphor?

You would realize you have all the cake in the world, already. It's already been eaten, and you're going to continue eating it for as long as you wish to. All you have to do is accept the possibilities of not being attaching yourself to the idea of "needing" "wanting" or desires.

I am skeptical to my experiences, I compare them with the knowledge I've gained, and I also compare past experiences with freshly gained knowledge, revising my past and changing plans for my future. So far all things that I've experienced are perfectly explained by science and human nature and, of course, my own decisions. I don't see a need for introducing 'demons' into this world, because they are unnecessary.

Keep doing that and you're on your way.. :) Now, work to be happy all the time and literally shoot people with love and you'll be there in no time.

Figure-8
12-10-2009, 02:42 AM

^ Same thing, different belief system.

LiquidIce
12-10-2009, 02:53 AM
You are no threat to them.
And drunken teenagers are a threat to them?

You are vulnerable when intoxicated.

Why? Because chemicals have this thing to them that they interact with our brains? If so, they could just as well strengthen, make us invulnerable? Or do they only work one way?

You would realize you have all the cake in the world, already. It's already been eaten, and you're going to continue eating it for as long as you wish to. All you have to do is accept the possibilities of not being attaching yourself to the idea of "needing" "wanting" or desires.

So, you can't expand my cake, but you can try to decrease my desire of cake with the use of words?

Keep doing that and you're on your way.. :) Now, work to be happy all the time and literally shoot people with love and you'll be there in no time.

I love humanity, believe me, I am quite the philanthropist. However, my love is greater than my conscience, thus I help where I can and obliterate where I'm powerless. For the greater good.

^ Same thing, different belief system.

Funny how we are able to treat schizos to some extent with chemistry. Of course, before we knew what defined a schizo, every schizo was possessed.

DJ Meaty Cheeks
12-10-2009, 03:03 AM
I lol'd hard.

rusty murder weapon2
12-10-2009, 03:11 AM

i think it is funny that you think demon possession exist

Figure-8
12-10-2009, 03:12 AM
And drunken teenagers are a threat to them?

Potentially, but I would say no.

Although drunk people are less inhibited and there for more vulnerable to suggestion....

Why? Because chemicals have this thing to them that they interact with our brains? If so, they could just as well strengthen, make us invulnerable? Or do they only work one way?

Now you're thinking. They work both ways, (or rather no way, it's up to how you use it) but it depends on their affects. Alcohol is a poison so along with the good feelings, it's generally a degrading affect.

On top of that, it's how you use it like I said.

Now...what about going out to the club and drinking so that you can get your dick wet (which is what they want, commercials, schools, partying etc) is disciplining and awareness inducing? Sure if you do it right, but at that point you're not fucking to reach higher states of consciousness, you're doing it because you feel urges that are pushing you to over come boundaries and the poison in your system is linking you to others doing the same thing and so everyone's then caught in a FUBAR situation where demon lust, greed and envy grows like foot fungus in the communal shower.

Which by the way would be cleaner if everyone washed their feet.

So if we were on another planet, where people were more responsible.

Alcohol would be less degrading, although it would take millions of years for our bodies to no longer view it as a poison and by that point it wouldn't make a difference because we'd be immune or not here.

So, you can't expand my cake, but you can try to decrease my desire of cake with the use of words?

Yes..

Basically. I could increase your cake.

But you'd have to let me take a bite.

I love humanity, believe me, I am quite the philanthropist. However, my love is greater than my conscience, thus I help where I can and obliterate where I'm powerless. For the greater good.

That's the idea.

Sometimes you have to keep walking.

No matter what the fuck you just saw.

:/

Funny how we are able to treat schizos to some extent with chemistry. Of course, before we knew what defined a schizo, every schizo was possessed.

Nah, no one's treated just covered up.

If they were treated, things would get better, not worse.

In other words.

Go crazy.

Then go to the doctors.

You will literally walk across the world to me if you thought I could actually help you. (Slightly irrelevant but,... Hence the city dwellers paying big bucks to go to the jungle for a cleansing...something's working...)

They will only condemn and weaken you, then you'll be all fucked up and confused.

Not every schizo was depressed/possessed, they still are. They just don't tell you know so you buy their medicines instead of pay their churches.

Haha.

not me
12-10-2009, 03:23 AM
The way I understand it, the effect of alcohol on the brain is that the alcohol impairs the brain's ability to take oxygen from the blood. The resulting deprivation of oxygen causes the symptoms of drunkenness. No demons are involved unless they are already present. The deprivation of oxygen is enough.

Figure-8
12-10-2009, 03:30 AM
No demons are involved unless they are already present.

That's the idea. I might not have made it clear.

It's like two potentials coming together to meet in the middle.

If you get drunk, demons will not chase you.

If you're a negative person (not to say anyone is directly or inherently negative) and your inhibitions go out the window....

Rizzo in a box
12-10-2009, 03:37 AM
Algol and Lillith sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g,

first goes inhibitions, then comes regrets, then comes...a lot of other stuff...!

lol.

"Wine corrupts."

Duelist
12-10-2009, 03:38 AM
didn't read responses but will respond anyway

if you define "acting outside the realm of 'normal' behavior" is demonism

then yes, demon=drunk
just as bunny=meatball

furthermore bad people go to hell, mary never had sex, the tooth fairy gave you a dollar, etc. etc.

rusty murder weapon2
12-10-2009, 03:40 AM
The way I understand it, the effect of alcohol on the brain is that the alcohol impairs the brain's ability to take oxygen from the blood. The resulting deprivation of oxygen causes the symptoms of drunkenness. No demons are involved unless they are already present. The deprivation of oxygen is enough.

ethanol acts on the GABA-A receptor, which is just a fancy way of saying the molecule shape of ethanol is close enough to something that would interact with that receptor and be present in the body naturally. once the molecule interacts with this receptor, an inhibitory effect is acted upon the transmission of messages brought about by the central nervous system. this is how people get drunk, a suppressed nervous system, not oxygen deprivation.
problems with oxygen deprivation will stem from heart rate, hemoglobin structure, exchange mechanisms. alcohol intoxication may cause oxygen circulation to go astray, but it is not the other way around. i dont know if that makes sense. it dosent when i read it. im pretty drunk ironically

Figure-8
12-10-2009, 03:43 AM
didn't read responses but will respond anyway

if you define "acting outside the realm of 'normal' behavior" is demonism

then yes, demon=drunk
just as bunny=meatball

furthermore bad people go to hell, mary never had sex, the tooth fairy gave you a dollar, etc. etc.

Mary was impregnated on board an ET craft.

Hahaha.

Rizzo in a box
12-10-2009, 04:04 AM
^^no she wasn't.

And we will never be able to sway one another. :p

Figure-8
12-10-2009, 07:03 AM
So where'd she get impregnated?

LiquidIce
12-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Now you're thinking. They work both ways, (or rather no way, it's up to how you use it) but it depends on their affects. Alcohol is a poison so along with the good feelings, it's generally a degrading affect.

What is not a poison? If you take a high enough dose of water you could die because electrolyte balance will be fucked, is water poison too? See, everything interacts with our bodies and either makes them better or worse, depending on the substance and on the dose. It makes no sense, because you said "Alcohol is a poison (wrong assumption) so it's bad", which is wrong.

On top of that, it's how you use it like I said.

Now...what about going out to the club and drinking so that you can get your dick wet (which is what they want, commercials, schools, partying etc) is disciplining and awareness inducing? Sure if you do it right, but at that point you're not fucking to reach higher states of consciousness, you're doing it because you feel urges that are pushing you to over come boundaries and the poison in your system is linking you to others doing the same thing and so everyone's then caught in a FUBAR situation where demon lust, greed and envy grows like foot fungus in the communal shower.

Or maybe it's our instincts that want your dick wet? And you just see the club as a mating ground because 3/4 of the people go there not to dance but to find a fuck for a night? Natural instincts + society = cleverly camouflaged mating grounds. Also, the lowering of inhibitions works not by bringing out the demon in oneself, it gives you the excuse of being drunk and giving into your vices. Why do we need demons in the explanation, since this one works well and allows us to predict other human behaviors too?

Yes..

Basically. I could increase your cake.

But you'd have to let me take a bite.

I'd rather do it on my own then, cake is one of the center figures of my divine faith and I have to protect it from infidels like you :p

Nah, no one's treated just covered up.

If they were treated, things would get better, not worse.

In other words.

Go crazy.

We started fixing this, someday all the demons will run before a few chemicals present in a convenient pill form.

Figure-8
12-10-2009, 07:36 PM
What is not a poison? If you take a high enough dose of water you could die because electrolyte balance will be fucked, is water poison too?

Try to live without water.

See, everything interacts with our bodies and either makes them better or worse, depending on the substance and on the dose.

There you go.

Or maybe it's our instincts that want your dick wet? And you just see the club as a mating ground because 3/4 of the people go there not to dance but to find a fuck for a night?

Well, I hope your instincts don't want my dick wet, but the idea is that where there's a groove for degradation, and a possibly poisonous substance, the mixture of the lowly mindsets and a poison which reduces inhibitions will only make things worse, and not because you are simply seeing things as they are. It will make things worse because it will poison you and cause you to lose control of yourself.

At the very least, if you don't lose control, you will simply get drunk and then go to bed. Then if you chose to drink more before you sleep, without losing control, you will simply lose consciousness.

Agent 008
12-10-2009, 07:40 PM
orrmQIjI-CQ

Im Bored
12-13-2009, 07:16 AM
Lol @ this thread

LiquidIce
12-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Try to live without water.
So, water is not a poison, because you can't live without while booze is poison because you can live without it? Well, technically speaking, most liquids contain water, so I have no idea what you're trying to argument here.

There you go.
So, it's settled, demons are imaginary.

Well, I hope your instincts don't want my dick wet, but the idea is that where there's a groove for degradation, and a possibly poisonous substance, the mixture of the lowly mindsets and a poison which reduces inhibitions will only make things worse, and not because you are simply seeing things as they are. It will make things worse because it will poison you and cause you to lose control of yourself.

It's not a poison, it's a depressant that has poisonous qualities in higher doses. And I'm happy we agree that it's only alcohol that makes you do stupid things, but losing inhibitions=/=losing control of yourself, it's actually bringing out the inner idiot in you. You know how you can spot a fun person to drink with? When they get drunk they are similar to when they were sober, except funnier or with more positive. If the person gets aggressive, starts being a douchebag, jerk, pukes on the floor or turns into a slut then it means he really behaves that way, thinks this way, only alcohol took down that brakes and you can see what kinda person he really is now.

At the very least, if you don't lose control, you will simply get drunk and then go to bed. Then if you chose to drink more before you sleep, without losing control, you will simply lose consciousness.
Yeah, I know what happens when you drink.

OnTheFringe
12-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Maybe it's the true person sometimes cause I see what your saying, but then there are other times when people get drunk, they black out and do something way out of character and get into a fight or whatever. They claim that they had "no control" over anything and don't remember a thing. Sure this is a side effect of alcohol poisoning, but what if these very symptoms that alcohol induce are very gate-way to demon possession?

I think there's a strong possibility for this when we consider the spirits stuck in the lower dimensional realms are sometimes claimed to be ghosts still longing for their earthly attachments and addictions. These ghosts (the spirits) linger in a lower fourth dimension of our reality and wait for host bodies to take over when the host bodies reach a certain level of drunk (blacked out)

LiquidIce
12-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Maybe it's the true person sometimes cause I see what your saying, but then there are other times when people get drunk, they black out and do something way out of character and get into a fight or whatever. They claim that they had "no control" over anything and don't remember a thing. Sure this is a side effect of alcohol poisoning, but what if these very symptoms that alcohol induce are very gate-way to demon possession?
Testimony. They're doing away with their guilt. A better and more plausible explanation would be that alcohol depresses the nervous system to the degree that higher brain functions become very sloppy; it depresses the neocortex and shifts power to the limbic system?

I think there's a strong possibility for this when we consider the spirits stuck in the lower dimensional realms are sometimes claimed to be ghosts still longing for their earthly attachments and addictions. These ghosts (the spirits) linger in a lower fourth dimension of our reality and wait for host bodies to take over when the host bodies reach a certain level of drunk (blacked out)
Your premise is that bad demons (exist and) make people do bad things when drunk and your conclusion is that demons exist (and thus make people do bad things when drunk). This is a circular argument, no?

Agent 008
12-13-2009, 06:51 PM
In a way, this is true.

Correct me if I am wrong, for I am no expert, but in Christianity, God stands for the "human" qualities and ideals of mankind, while Satan represents the "animalistic" sides of man.

The former is attributed to our consciousness, which effectively separates humans from other animals (for all we know). The latter is attributed to our instincts and to our subconscious mind.

When we consume alcohol, our conscious mind is getting suppressed. The good thing is that if you have some insecurities, they weaken along with your conscious mind. The bad thing, is that you are giving more control to your subconscious and to your instincts.

So, going by Christian metaphors, yes, when you get drunk, you weaken the "God" in you and give more powers to the "Satan".

I'm not a big fan of Christian mythology though.

OnTheFringe
12-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Depending on the degree of intoxication, demonic control can vary from thought transference (the mind thinks "go to the liquor store and get more beer") and outright physical control when the body is blacked out.

Depending on how strong the mind is, it will either comply or resist these demonic influences. Ultimately the goal is to subtly convince the host body-consciousness to loose complete consciousness through intoxication and this can be done through a number of ways, not just by encouraging the host to get intoxicated but to cause events in the hosts life to invoke a drinking or drug habit. Of course this would logically take some concentrated effort from the demonic influence...

LiquidIce
12-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Depending on the degree of intoxication, demonic control can vary from thought transference (the mind thinks "go to the liquor store and get more beer") and outright physical control when the body is blacked out.

Depending on how strong the mind is, it will either comply or resist these demonic influences. Ultimately the goal is to subtly convince the host body-consciousness to loose complete consciousness through intoxication and this can be done through a number of ways, not just by encouraging the host to get intoxicated but to cause events in the hosts life to invoke a drinking or drug habit. Of course this would logically take some concentrated effort from the demonic influence...
Way to go ignoring my arguments and posting the same thing twice :thumbsup:

So it is the aim of the demons to gather teenagers in one spot, get them drunk, dancing and having fun? Shit man, I should thank them for all the fun I've had through highschool. Sorry man, but I've been to a lot of parties that people were drunk off their asses and didn't have drunk sex, didn't vomit, didn't fight and just had plain old fun. No regrets the next day.

If you look at the broader picture, not just at drunks and jerks, you will see your beliefs don't hold water.

Agent 008
12-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Some of you guys really take mythology literally. That is so strange.

Uriah Heep
12-13-2009, 07:43 PM

I think Ozzy was a bit ahead of you when he wrote the song "Demon Alcohol". Good try though!

Mars
12-13-2009, 08:07 PM
This whole topic relies on Demon possession being real. I know it seems like a long-shot, but what if science is correct and logical thinking actually can lead to truth?
Logic can be applied to the currently unknowable without evidence, only if some established scientific fact is suspended and if unfounded conjecture is adopted.
Alcohol's effects on the brain are measurable. Activity in the brain as a result of biological reactions is likely to produce the aspect we regard as consciousness, and a change in biochemistry is likely to alter consciousness. Hypothetical Demons from the fourth dimension (time?!) are not going to enter your brain while you're pissed.

Agent 008
12-13-2009, 08:14 PM
This whole topic relies on Demon possession being real. I know it seems like a long-shot, but what if science is correct and logical thinking actually can lead to truth?
Logic can be applied to the currently unknowable without evidence, only if some established scientific fact is suspended and if unfounded conjecture is adopted.
Alcohol's effects on the brain are measurable. Activity in the brain as a result of biological reactions is likely to produce the aspect we regard as consciousness, and a change in biochemistry is likely to alter consciousness. Hypothetical Demons from the fourth dimension (time?!) are not going to enter your brain while you're pissed.

The whole "demon" thing is a metaphor. I am pretty sure nobody actually thinks that demons reach out from the fourth dimension and take over your brain.

LiquidIce
12-13-2009, 08:17 PM
The whole "demon" thing is a metaphor. I am pretty sure nobody actually thinks that demons reach out from the fourth dimension and take over your brain.

Maaaan, you'd be surprised at what people can come up with and believe, live by and try and force unto others.

OnTheFringe
12-13-2009, 08:21 PM
there was no circular argument, you distorted the interpretation, when it couldn't be more simpler and i just explained this to you in my last post. Demons (spiritual entities) can influence and make people do bad things to a certain degree, depending on what level of consciousness is lost. Not just when your "drunk". Look at it this way. say you have 3 beers. You are consciously more suspect to acting on impulse thoughts and ideas...these thoughts and ideas come from the environment, people, things, and demons. Maybe hearing your favourite song on the radio will make you start singing when you normally wouldn't; this is an occurrence of the self choice and not demonic influence. Negative behaviour can sometimes be accounted for self choice, but the complete loss of consciousness during intoxication it the catalyst for demons to control human beings.

Let's put it this way; not all cases of getting drunk have the potential to lead to demonic possession but drinking may lead the individual to be influenced by the thoughts of spiritual entities. I also think that theres a higher occurrence of these symptoms when a dependence is developed because it reflects the lifestyle of the departed spirits which will naturally be attracted to that scenario. (the ones longing for earthly desires)

think about it.

12-13-2009, 08:25 PM
I just drank 4 shots of listerine and now im watching A night at the roxbury.
:mad:

Im going places in life.

Resign the King
12-13-2009, 09:14 PM
think about it.

It appears that you have come up with these ideas based purely on speculation. Only thinking about it is the problem.

slm33d
12-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Real men turn reptillian when they drink.

Marijuanasaurus
12-13-2009, 09:23 PM
This might hold some truth.

Dont know if anybody remembers this, but i hit my head really hard recently, and it was while i was drunk.

Well when my friends brought me back to the garage, they said i was hysterical.
I was switching up moods every 10 seconds. First i was moaning in pain and complaining, then my friend said my eyes switched, and i started prophecizing about entities coming to attack us.

I would switch out between these moods every few seconds, and i kept rambling about this dark spirit looming over us, waiting for the right moment to attack.

It really was a weird experience, and i dont remember much, until the next day when i remember stints of what happened. But it was as if i dreamed it all.

One specific thing i remember when blacked out is being inside the womb again. I was a fetus, and just floating around not having a care in the world. It was almost as if i was reborn again.

I really dont know how i survived that night. The blood was pooled up pretty deep, but somehow i was able to manage to get up and walk to someones house and ask for help.

Maybe not so much being possessed by an evil spirit, but i think an angel was watching over me that night.

Headspin
12-13-2009, 09:33 PM
"...the reality of spirituality and the fourth dimension."

Dude.. come on.

LiquidIce
12-13-2009, 10:01 PM
there was no circular argument, you distorted the interpretation, when it couldn't be more simpler and i just explained this to you in my last post. Demons (spiritual entities) can influence and make people do bad things to a certain degree, depending on what level of consciousness is lost. Not just when your "drunk". Look at it this way. say you have 3 beers. You are consciously more suspect to acting on impulse thoughts and ideas...these thoughts and ideas come from the environment, people, things, and demons. Maybe hearing your favourite song on the radio will make you start singing when you normally wouldn't; this is an occurrence of the self choice and not demonic influence. Negative behaviour can sometimes be accounted for self choice, but the complete loss of consciousness during intoxication it the catalyst for demons to control human beings.

Let's put it this way; not all cases of getting drunk have the potential to lead to demonic possession but drinking may lead the individual to be influenced by the thoughts of spiritual entities. I also think that theres a higher occurrence of these symptoms when a dependence is developed because it reflects the lifestyle of the departed spirits which will naturally be attracted to that scenario. (the ones longing for earthly desires)

think about it.
:facepalm:

Nope, you're reasoning that B(malicious demons)->C(people being jerks when drunk), when we don't even know A (existence of demons). You're going the other way around, you're saying that since some people behave like jerks when drunk(C), and demons do this stuff(B) then demons exist(A).

You do not have a base premise to start your babbling, so you just go on about how it works, since all the rest you can just make up in your head. It's called fantasy and it makes for some good reading, but you can't base your weltanshauung on Lord of the Rings.

This.

And the problem is when some people come up with nice metaphor ("my inner demons were troubling me again!"), there are some people who are willing to take that as fact ("omg! he's possessed!").

12-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Uhh now my farts smell like eucalyptus and menthol

OnTheFringe
12-15-2009, 03:45 AM
It's because I believe in spiritual entities (both positive and negative entities, that includes demons) . You have to be stupid not to believe in spiritual entities. You know theres a lot of evidence that shows that we don't just disappear after we die. A lot of research goes to show that our astral body continues to live on after we die, either longing for the "after life" or "earthy desires" because the spirit never satisfied his "worldly desires" which more than often are addictions to intoxicants !!!

These spiritual entities, the ones we might consider demons because they try to manifest within our physical bodies but they are really just in desperation to feel what it's like to be human again, to feel the physical feeling of being high or drunk. This is what drives spiritual entities to possess us, the ones defined as demons. You can take the theory or reject it, because that's all it is.

But I've lived the lifestyle and I've done the research on spiritual influences and the nature of other worldly influences. It makes too much perfect sense and I don't doubt that spiritual entities have influence on people that are intoxicated.

LiquidIce
12-15-2009, 03:52 AM
It's because I believe in spiritual entities (both positive and negative entities, that includes demons) . You have to be stupid not to believe in spiritual entities. You know theres a lot of evidence that shows that we don't just disappear after we die. A lot of research goes to show that our astral body continues to live on after we die, either longing for the "after life" or "earthy desires" because the spirit never satisfied his "worldly desires" which more than often are addictions to intoxicants !!!

These spiritual entities, the ones we might consider demons because they try to manifest within our physical bodies but they are really just in desperation to feel what it's like to be human again, to feel the physical feeling of being high or drunk. This is what drives spiritual entities to possess us, the ones defined as demons. You can take the theory or reject it, because that's all it is.

But I've lived the lifestyle and I've done the research on spiritual influences and the nature of other worldly influences. It makes too much perfect sense and I don't doubt that spiritual entities have influence on people that are intoxicated.

Flat earth also made great sense when all the people believing it based their views on bullshit.

Care to provide verifiable proof of your premise? You'd have to be stupid to believe in something without proof, even more stupid to believe in false proof and the stupidest to willingly pull blinds on your eyes, because you're ashamed that you've been living a lie.

And how old are you? 13? Just because you say there's a lot of evidence, doesn't support your argument unless you care to provide mentioned evidence :thumbsdown:.

EveFailed
12-19-2009, 10:59 AM

I'm going to reject it, because claiming possession by spiritual entities as an excuse for erratic, self-harming behaviour seems like a convenient way for someone to shrug off accountability. The more power we give to outside forces influencing our actions, the more we put ourselves out of control of our own actions.

There are already too many cases (most of which are thrown right out of court) that claim demon possession as their defense when murdering their spouses or children. It was also the canned response from the Catholics when they had to answer the public's queries on how such good priests once so devoted to the cloth could turn out to be such fierce sexual predators towards children.

My response to that 'theory' is that it's nothing but a convenient scapegoat embellished to make it seem as though we shouldn't be 100% responsible for our own actions.

Sir Cornwell
12-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Wine corrupts.

Absolut corrupts absolutely.

Figure-8
01-17-2010, 02:20 PM
It's just desire.

Alcohol reduces inhibitions.

LiquidIce
01-17-2010, 02:25 PM
It's just desire.

Alcohol reduces inhibitions.

I find it refreshing to see such a rational reply from you, brah ;)

Rizzo in a box
01-17-2010, 08:50 PM
I find it refreshing to see such a rational reply from you, brah ;)

That has absolutely nothing to do with rationality, only common consensus. You've been found.

ArmsMerchant
01-18-2010, 07:37 PM
By the way, all the discarnate entities I ever encountered were spirits of humans who refused to pass over--usually due to anger, fear, or ignorance.

To me, a demon is what a ceremonial magician would call his or her helping spirit.

ilovechronic
01-18-2010, 07:42 PM

We have a good understanding of how alcohol affects the human brain. alcoholism doesnt cause black outs a high blood alcohol level does. if you shared this understanding then you would see why your theory is doubtful and unlikely.

I wouldn't trust a person who fails to put an apostrophe in "you're" to tell me about demons and whatnot.

Alcohol is fucked up, you do stupid shit when you get blind drunk (Sometimes, not always - depending on the person). If you're around positive people you won't end up doing stupid shit, if you're not welcome/liked at a party you might end up doing something stupid.

Some people however make fools of themselves whenever they drink, this is probably caused by underlying issues.

Just because people do not devote their lives to perfect grammar to please some random douche on the internet does not necessarily mean they dont know what they are talking about.

n3rdy_g3rty
01-19-2010, 12:24 AM
Flat earth also made great sense when all the people believing it based their views on bullshit.

^^ :thumbsup:
people used to think sneezing meant you were getting rid of demons.. this is why we say "bless you" when someone sneezes.. but we know the real reason why... so it seems kind of retarded now.

and so is your argument.

so by all means, bring us this "evidence" because the last time i knew, people who talk to ghosts and things that aren't real are C R A Z Y..

ilovechronic
01-19-2010, 12:49 AM
You don't have to devote your life to use an apostrophe. It does not necessarily mean they don't know what they're talking about, but it usually does.

Furthermore, this forum is full of dumbasses so most of the shit should be taken with a gram of salt, and a ton of skepticism.

Mkay?

never heard the "gram of salt one"

justanotherweirdo
01-19-2010, 11:42 AM

have a look at my thread about mind altering substances http://zoklet.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=92002

Figure-8
01-19-2010, 04:07 PM
^ Example.

LiquidIce
01-19-2010, 09:37 PM
That has absolutely nothing to do with rationality, only common consensus. You've been found.

Nope bra :p, you've been checked already.

Rizzo in a box
01-20-2010, 11:05 AM
Nope bra :p, you've been checked already.

Don't front, son.

LiquidIce
01-20-2010, 01:43 PM
Don't front, son.

Checked as in check mate, brah. Also, don't post offtopic.

ilovechronic
01-20-2010, 07:34 PM

You ever think that maybe people want to get more alc at the store because we live in a world full of advertising and that depends on impulse buying.

somethng that makes you feel good, you will generally want more of it.

Not only that but alcohol is an addictive substance and once you are drunk you feel like you can keep drinking. Lol at these demon people. I mean sure maybe there is demons but alcohol causing that? i doubt it. yeah maybe trhe ocassional drunk person becomes "posessed" or something but no everyone who gets drunk is going to be effected by "demons"

I think you underestimate the human brain and CNS. You make it sound like any person that drinks is just a puppet waiting for their demon puppeteer which is bs. There is not a demon convincing you to drink more YOU convince yourself to drink more. People convince themselves they havnt had that much and keep drinking.

how about you quit blaming alcohol and drug problems on anything other than the person. Demons dont cause these problems LLOLOLOLOL/

ilovechronic
01-20-2010, 07:36 PM
You have now bitch.

Well you can take your gram of salt, I will take what you said with a grain of salt. lol you are such a hard ass now, god you just seem like you think your such a badass. Mr.tough guy on the internet calling me a bitch, WOW Like I have never heard that one.

Edit: dont listen to this guy^ you have to take whatever he says with a grain of salt and a ton of skepticism.

Sargeras0000
01-21-2010, 12:49 AM
Well, you're right about one thing (only one thing): this is laughable.

BrokeProphet
01-22-2010, 08:22 PM
The idea behind this thread is entertaining, but ultimately nonsense. One could also surmise with all the logical empirical evidence presented to this case, that urination and defecation rid the body of evil spirits. Grab a leech and throw them on the necks of retards and madmen if you like, I will have no part of it.

ilovechronic
01-23-2010, 12:24 AM
Well, you're right about one thing (only one thing): this is laughable.

I am also right htat alcohol is addictive.

Nolte
01-23-2010, 12:52 AM
Alcohol is the demon. Addiction is the possession.

Sargeras0000
01-23-2010, 12:52 AM
I am also right htat alcohol is addictive.

Indeed it is. I, however, was responding to the OP, and you don't seem to be him.

dasveritas
01-23-2010, 09:31 PM
We would be best served to look back at one of the more significant implications of early philosophy in its endeavor to examine human behavior. This was the move from permitting for external causes of behavior (fiat of the gods, demonic possession) to trying to account for human behavior from an internal cause. Perhaps as a poetic conceit it is effective to call alcohol a 'demon', or a route for possession, but we have no reason to believe that an entity external to an individual's own consciousness is being permitted by the ingestion of alcohol.

If we think of a 'demon' as a force which tends to alter behavior for the worse then perhaps it would be appropriate to call alcohol a demon. It certainly is true that, at least in excess, alcohol consumption can lead to a variety of negative consequences. It is not only more well supported that behaviors while drunk are a symptom of diminished intellectual capacity, but it also saves us from the unnecessary multiplication of entities.

If we posit that behaviors are controlled externally, we risk endlessly compounding the structure of the universe to develop an admixture of divine and infernal agents warring over the soul of man. Each man must have enough of these unique entities to account for every action it is possible for him to make, every choice he made, and every choice he did not. So, while standing in line at a fast food restaurant:
A demon to guide him there; an angel to guide him to avoid the milkshake; a demon to want cheese; so on so forth, and at every stage an opposition to the prevailing view.

Of course, temptation can come in any degree, so we would need to posit a hierarchy of strength for both sides as well, angel of degree n, n-1, n-2; etc.

Our we can accept modern neuroscientific evidence that alcohol inhibits certain functions at high concentrations, leading to the symptoms you point to. The fact that these symptoms are consistent with historical descriptions of demonic possession indicate not that alcohol is a demon, but rather that 'possession' is likely a phenomena brought about due to some interruption in the normal function of the brain. This disruption is likely due to physical deformation of the organ, chemical interference, etc.

OnTheFringe
01-23-2010, 11:29 PM
ok I get what you guys are saying I mean some times it is self choice and demons can be a metaphor for drinking alcohol etc. but here's the stuff I'm talking about:

http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=798185

It's also known as spirit attachment and demonic possession. It happens when lost (disembodied) souls and, or dark energy interfere with or even take control of someone.

It often occurs after the abuse of drugs or alcohol (because these substances weaken your energy field), it can occur during abuse, and some people who are highly sensitive (e.g., Britney Spears, in our opinion), are more susceptible to it than others. Even a poor diet or high levels of stress can cause sensitive people to be more of a target. Those with addictions are almost always affected by it.

Taking responsibility yourself and your situation can be the beginning of healing and protecting yourself, but it can be more difficult for some to do this due to already existing, potent interference from dark energy. Ironically, even those who want to help themselves can be persuaded, frequently beyond conscious awareness, by dark energy or lost souls to avoid seeking help. The will to improve, along with effective methods, must be present to fully heal.

Why do lost souls or dark energy feed off of a host, you might ask? They remain earthbound and attach themselves, energetically, to those from which they can get the fix of alcohol, drugs, nicotine, food, sex, power, revenge, or whatever else they were addicted to before their physical bodies died.

TL;DR getting drunk and doing drugs and other negative things attract earthbound spirits to you who wish to posess you to feel human again. I don't think this happens to everyone, but it only happens to hardcore alcoholics and people who are heavy drug users or have other major negative habits.

Figure-8
01-24-2010, 02:56 AM
Yes, you will become "vulnerable", "possessable", "used", by your emotions, which is the gateway to the above.

It's natural, when you're so distracted and consumed, you'll be looking for ways to continue, this tosses up that you're looking for something, as that point, manipulation is possible by any form of desire or negativity.

Crazy-Mofo
01-24-2010, 03:01 AM
When my friend gets extremely drunk he yells he's a demon. Kind of interesting I think.

Figure-8
01-24-2010, 03:18 AM
Synonymous with the shroomer dawning a robe, and walking into nature, finding reason in that he is the second coming of Christ.

ilovechronic
01-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Indeed it is. I, however, was responding to the OP, and you don't seem to be him.
meh i saw your post was after mine some dont like to qoute if they can post right under.