PDA

View Full Version : Question on WD-40 (Not a "can I get high on this" thread)

Zee
01-04-2010, 04:36 AM
I know this differs a bit from the usual trend of drug-related topics here, but this is Not for Human Consumption, not a Druggie thread.

Ok, now that that is out of my system, here goes:

How much WD-40 could one inhale before death?
I know a friend who huffs the shit, I always look at him like hes a retard, but fuck, what do I know?

Exactly. Wanted to try it, my friend, who we will call Bob from now on, huffs the shit like good ol' O2.

Bob claims light headed, slight euphoria, and weightless.

In that order.

Thoughts?

el drewto
01-04-2010, 04:39 AM
Sounds like a dumbass.

Zee
01-04-2010, 04:40 AM
Is a dumbass.
Not the point.
Answer the fucking question, or GTFO of my thread.

kthxbai.

Prince Albert
01-04-2010, 04:48 AM

Thoughts?

Tell Bob to keep going. Once he is dead. Calculate how much he inhaled. There is your answer.

Eskorbuto
01-04-2010, 04:48 AM
Is a dumbass.
Not the point.
Answer the fucking question, or GTFO of my thread.

kthxbai.

Get the fuck out of my board.

Zee
01-04-2010, 04:49 AM
Get the fuck out of my board.

Get the dick out of your ass, and if none of you can seriously answer the fucking question, I'll look elsewhere, which I probably should have done anyway.

I forgot this place isn't nearly up to the quality of &T.

/thread

Uber_Apples
01-04-2010, 04:52 AM
lol wut?

Jeff The Hunter
01-04-2010, 04:54 AM
Get the dick out of your ass, and if none of you can seriously answer the fucking question, I'll look elsewhere, which I probably should have done anyway.

I forgot this place isn't nearly up to the quality of &T.

/thread

This is true...

It would probably take this kid like a year of doing it stable to kill him, but you'll start to notice him getting dumber (than he already is) way before then. Ether way he should keep it up, what a dumbass.

Lanny
01-04-2010, 04:56 AM
lol wut? X2

Rizzo in a box
01-04-2010, 05:16 AM
Ether way he should keep it up, what a dumbass.

inhalant puns ftfw. lol.

OP, find new friends.

might as well ask us, "how many times can I cut myself before I die?"

depends....

slowdown
01-04-2010, 05:54 AM
STODDARD SOLVENT (http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/s6588.htm)
Chronic exposure may lead to central nervous system complications, blood changes (aplastic anemia, a rare occurrence that is potentially fatal), and dermatitis. Animal studies have indicated the potential for liver and kidney damage.

Also there's always the Materials data safty sheets:http://www.wd40company.com/partners/msds/

Some relevant data excerpted from that source:

The major irritant information is:
Aliphatic Petroleum Distillates (Stoddard Solvent) lowest TLV (ACGIH 100 ppm.)

Symptoms of Overexposure
Inhalation (Breathing): May cause anesthesia, headache, dizziness, nausea and upper respiratory irritation.

First Aid Emergency Procedures:
Inhalation (Breathing): Remove to fresh air. Give artificial respiration if necessary.
If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Pre-existing medical conditions such as eye, skin and respiratory disorders may be aggravated by exposure.
DANGER!
Aspiration Hazard: If swallowed, can enter lungs and may cause chemical pneumonitis.
Do not induce vomiting. Call Physician immediately.

(from wiki) Precise statistics on deaths caused by inhalant abuse are difficult to determine, as it is considered a dramatically under-reported cause of death due to the common result of a cause-of-death determination being attributed to the side-effects of inhalant abuse, such as a blood vessel rupture in the brain or a heart attack, rather than to the abuse itself

Use of some inhalants can cause brain, nerve, liver and other damage to the body. In the short term, death from solvent abuse occurs most commonly from aspiration of vomit while unconscious, or from a combination of respiratory depression and hypoxia, the second cause being especially a risk with heavier than air vapors such as butane or gasoline vapor. Deaths typically occur from complications related to excessive sedation and vomiting. Actual overdose from the drug does occur, however, and indeed inhaled solvent abuse is statistically more likely to result in life-threatening respiratory depression than intravenous use of opiates such as heroin. Most deaths from solvent abuse could be prevented if individuals were resuscitated quickly when they stopped breathing and their airway cleared if they vomited. However, most inhalant abuse takes place when people inhale solvents by themselves or in groups of people who are intoxicated. Certain solvents are more hazardous than others, such as gasoline.

Find a safer drug, or if you must, at least find a better inhalant.

Hydroponichronic
01-04-2010, 06:58 AM
Well, that depends on the rate of huffing. If at you're talking about in one sitting, it's impossible to know. The stuff that one takes in when they huff WD-40 would be the low molecular weight alkanes present in the mix. Unfortunately, since each alkane has it's own activity and toxicity, and we also don't know how much of each is in there. Plus, it's not's like the rag/bag your buddy hits off of has mL markers to tell him how much he huffed, so there's no way of knowing how much to inhale. Now, if you mean over a lifetime, how much can one huff before dying, that is a lot. As it were, the real toxicity of volatile alkanes lies in long term exposure. As their metabolites build up in your friends system, both efferent and afferent neurons will begin to die resulting in a loss of motor control as well as sensation. Eventually after some time in a wheel chair, and later a hospital bed, when the nerves in his heart and or lungs give out resulting in cardiac arrest. See pentane toxicity, hexane toxicity, or heptane toxicity, as these will be the most common aliphatic hydrocarbons to be found and inhalable.

I know a friend who huffs the shit, I always look at him like hes a retard, but fuck, what do I know?
Not very much, apparently. :hrmph:

FireStarter
01-04-2010, 07:03 AM
Your buddy might as well be huffing raid. Its all going to fuck with you and not in a good way. Can he seriously not find better things than WD-40 to sniff?

Intoxicated Shaman
01-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Gotta tell him to try Raid next. Just tell him it's like WD-40 times 100.

Zee
01-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Lol.
Will do.
Finally, some fucking answers.
Raid, eh?
I'll be filming this one.

Intoxicated Shaman
01-04-2010, 07:35 AM
Hell yeah, record that shit, just make sure you throw the word Zoklet in it somewhere.

Rizzo in a box
01-04-2010, 07:39 AM
^^No, you fool, keep it subtle, we don't want to be implicated in any serious crimes...like murder/suicide.

zombo.com
01-04-2010, 08:25 AM
if he survives raid, show him the jenkem wiki.

Mantikore
01-04-2010, 08:54 AM
yeah, lethal dosages are one of the things that is highly variable

though im not sure about the lethality mechanism.
on one hand, the chemical is fairly inert and so wont damage your lungs. on the other, it would probably coat the lining of your lungs, causing suffocation

lol i dunno

slowdown
01-04-2010, 09:39 AM
Theres no way of measure how much it would take to kill you. End of story. Please fuck off now.

I would just like to point out the truth here. Doing inhalants is apparently very much like Russian roulette. I've had people from my school and schools around me just drop dead from various inhalants. It's all the same.

The only real inhalants are the ones medically produced for inhaling. Like laughing gas....but even those do not guarantee freedom from death.

Psynthetic
01-04-2010, 11:55 AM
My friends 40 year old schizophrenic acid casualty uncle huffs dust off like there's no tomorrow.

"It's nitrous man, give it a try."

"No it's not Jim, see here, 'Contains difluoroethane.' It's really bad for you."

"*HUFFFF* Whatever man I know what I'm talking about, I've been doing this since before you were born"

"Yeah we can tell, think ya just proved my point Jimbo."

Huffers are winnars.

CASPER
01-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Yeah DO NOT do shit with difluorethane

And OP, you can't get pissed at people for htinking this is ridiculous. Its hardly a legitimate question. Its like saying how many chunks can I blow out of my skull, and still survive? Just DON'T. If hes stupid enough to continue, thats his deal. And if you don't mind massive, noticeable, sustained brain damage- by all means try it out.

But who the fuck huffs WD? Ive never even heard of that before. God, kids are fucking stupid these days.

CASPER
01-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Oh...and with many inhalants, the lethality depends on whether you take in an equal amount of oxygen with it. Otherwise- depending on concentrations- you're just slowly suffocating yourself.

slowdown
01-04-2010, 01:17 PM
My friends 40 year old schizophrenic acid casualty uncle huffs dust off like there's no tomorrow.

"It's nitrous man, give it a try."

"No it's not Jim, see here, 'Contains difluoroethane.' It's really bad for you."

"*HUFFFF* Whatever man I know what I'm talking about, I've been doing this since before you were born"

"Yeah we can tell, think ya just proved my point Jimbo."

Like other hydrofluoralkanes and perfluorocarbons, 1,1-difluoroethane has very low acute toxicity.

Huffers are winnars.

That's not what wiki said, Man!

In a Du Pont Study, rats were exposed to up to 25,000ppm (67,485 mg/cu.m) for six hours daily, five days a week for two years. This has become the NOAEL for this substance. Prolonged exposure difluoroethane has been linked in humans to the development of coronary heart-disease. [3]]

And the dude is a schizo. I think if I was that crazy, I wouldn't worry about long term heart disease from use of all the fancy new environmentally "superior" toxins.

*huffs hufffington huffer* :hrmph:

Jeff The Hunter
01-04-2010, 04:31 PM
^^No, you fool, keep it subtle, we don't want to be implicated in any serious crimes...like murder/suicide.

We could use the publicity..