PDA

View Full Version : why are my shits runny and water every time now?

Bitch Tits
01-07-2010, 08:12 PM
i used to have nice solid shits but recently they're always runny/watery. what can i do to change this?

serious question, runny/watery shits are annoying

ArmsMerchant
01-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Worse case scenario--dysentary or cholera.

More like, a bad diet or mild food poisoning.

Take some loperamide (available OTC) to suppress the symptoms, and stay hydrated.

Avoid alcohol and caffeine.

fuckbiscuit
01-07-2010, 08:28 PM

Take some heroin (available downtown) to suppress the symptoms, and stay hydrated.

Fix'd

Bitch Tits
01-07-2010, 08:28 PM

Avoid alcohol.

i've had the same diet for years. could alcohol be the cause? but i've been drinkin every day for years too and this is recent. oh well i'll try loperamide thx

ArmsMerchant
01-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Another possibility is a newly-developed food allergy, like to refined wheat or lactose. These are both common food allergies.

Vizier
01-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Drink water, and a lot of alcohol does make your shit watery if you don't eat well; especially solid food and protein, like MEAT.

Just go to the doctor if it gets worse or you continue with the problem...

Dave
01-08-2010, 11:35 AM
If I drink too much protein shakes it goes right through me :thumbsup:

Jerry
01-08-2010, 12:39 PM
If I drink too much protein shakes it goes right through me :thumbsup:

Yeah it's probably this. I destroyed a toilet before a match one day because I had 2 within 70 minutes. Bad idea.

hazmat
01-08-2010, 12:57 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irritable_bowel_syndrome

cheech
01-08-2010, 01:25 PM
tew mutch buttsecks

FrY
01-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Do you eat lots of baby food from a jar?

Or any laxitives?

ilovechronic
01-08-2010, 01:56 PM

Take some loperamide (available OTC) to suppress the symptoms, and stay hydrated.

dont take the loperamide(name brand imodium) for more than a few weeks or you will get a gut withdrawal syndrome where you have cramps and rebound shits.

It is a opioid agonist but it does not easily cross the blood brain barrier so it doesnt get you high.

You may want to see a doc if it lasts more than a few days,diarrhea can be really serious ifand can be fatal if it lasts a long time. or certain types can be fatal.

and the chronic ethanol use is probably to blame.

"Chronic diarrhea can be caused by chronic ethanol ingestion.[21] Consumption of alcohol affects the body's capability to absorb water – this is often a symptom that accompanies a hangover after a binge drinking session. The alcohol itself is absorbed in the intestines and as the intestinal cells absorb it, the toxicity causes these cells to lose their ability to absorb water. This leads to an outpouring of fluid from the intestinal lining, which is in turn poorly absorbed. The diarrhea usually lasts for several hours until the alcohol is detoxified and removed from the digestive system. Symptoms range from person to person and are influenced by the amount consumed as well as physiological differences."

if you are drinking daily you are never giving you body a chance to first of all replenish what you lose from alc, and you also are drinking daily so you never get a chance to let the diarrhea clear up because it is already the next day and you r are drinking again or whatever.

how do you test that?
well quit drinking for a few days, if it clears up you know then. I have a feeling it is going to come back everytime you drink excessively.

i am guessing you are using alcohol excessively everyday?

You are setting your self up for some really bad stuff to happen to you. You probably also have a kind of chronic dehydration if you are drinking as much or as often as I am assuming, i may be wrong though.
So lets go over all the ways you are fucking up your body shall we?
first of all your brain and nerves from the neurotoxic effects of alc
theres your stomach and intestines being inflamed and irritated from drinking alc and absorbing it. The toxic effects cause your intestines to not absorb water which causes...
the chronic dehydration from drinking daily will get you on the fast track to failing kidneys
then there is the good ol liver.
and dont forget the very tip of your disaster of an iceberg the chronic diarrhea

ColdWinterNights
01-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Eat more fiber. Drink more water.

HLC
01-09-2010, 01:20 AM
Get some oat bran.
eat it

Anima Mundi
01-09-2010, 04:03 AM
It could be constipation as well. I had the same thing happen, and apparently only the watery excretion can get past whatever solid blockage there is. Take some laxatives.

Jamie "fuck constipation" Lee Curtis
01-09-2010, 04:11 AM
If you're drinking every day I guarantee you it's the alcohol.

From one of the Decline of Western Civilization 3:
"Taking a solid shit is an alcoholic's dream."

01-09-2010, 04:14 AM
Eat more fiber. Drink more water.This is good advice; try to make sure you're getting enough fibre every day (whether through fibre supplements or changes in diet), and make sure you're drinking enough water.

And yeah, the alcohol probably isn't helping.

Madejyathink
01-09-2010, 05:05 AM
And if this keeps up be sure to stay hydrated. Gatorade, Pedialite, etc.

Bitch Tits
01-11-2010, 12:35 AM
You are setting your self up for some really bad stuff to happen to you. You probably also have a kind of chronic dehydration if you are drinking as much or as often as I am assuming, i may be wrong though.
So lets go over all the ways you are fucking up your body shall we?
first of all your brain and nerves from the neurotoxic effects of alc
theres your stomach and intestines being inflamed and irritated from drinking alc and absorbing it. The toxic effects cause your intestines to not absorb water which causes...
the chronic dehydration from drinking daily will get you on the fast track to failing kidneys
then there is the good ol liver.
and dont forget the very tip of your disaster of an iceberg the chronic diarrhea

this thread wasn't "what am i doing to my body by drinking an eighteen pack/fifthavodka a night"

i had a nice solid shit though 20 minutes ago thx for the advice gang but i didn't have to change anything

CrazyMotherFucker
01-11-2010, 11:38 PM
wow, didn't know alcohol causes runny shit. no wonder

HLC
01-12-2010, 04:34 AM
wow, didn't know alcohol causes runny shit. no wonder

doesn't for me

ilovechronic
01-12-2010, 04:39 AM
doesn't for me

excessive alc does.

HLC
01-12-2010, 04:57 AM
is 120 oz. of beer in an afternoon excessive?
cuz, that's a normal football tailgate intake, and the next day, my intestines are fine.

ilovechronic
01-12-2010, 05:28 AM
is 120 oz. of beer in an afternoon excessive?
cuz, that's a normal football tailgate intake, and the next day, my intestines are fine.

yeah a little but you have to remeber that has alot more water in it to replenish your dehydration.

fuckbiscuit
01-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Y'all should come see how the british binge drink, We drink like you americans eat.

HLC
01-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Y'all should come see how the british binge drink, We drink like you americans eat.

I've heard that.
Like, you go to a pub, and someone buys a round of drinks for their mates.
Then the next guy buys the next round.
By the time everyone buys a round ( proper etiquette ) , everybody has consumed way, way too much.

fuckbiscuit
01-12-2010, 05:37 PM
I've heard that.
Like, you go to a pub, and someone buys a round of drinks for their mates.
Then the next guy buys the next round.
By the time everyone buys a round ( proper etiquette ) , everybody has consumed way, way too much.

Yeah, by that time everyone is starting to do shots too. I have a friend that used to drink about 10 beers and a 700ml bottle of vodka before he even left his house.

HLC
01-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Yeah, by that time everyone is starting to do shots too. I have a friend that used to drink about 10 beers and a 700ml bottle of vodka before he even left his house.

well, that is a bit much , I must say

how runny is his shit the next day, might I ask ?

fuckbiscuit
01-13-2010, 08:48 AM
well, that is a bit much , I must say

how runny is his shit the next day, might I ask ?

Yes, severely excessive. Probably, diarrhetic i'd assume.