DrGoogfan
02-06-2010, 05:40 AM
Lol a hammer

SteamPunk
02-06-2010, 05:53 AM
Nice thread!

Trauntj
02-06-2010, 06:20 AM
thanks, the pictures and diagrams really helped.

Food Product
02-06-2010, 06:57 AM
Another thing for the spider wraps, check to see how loose the cables are. I've gotten paintball guns this way. Lazy employees leaving just a bit of slack and crushign the corners of the box means you could get it off easily.

busted
02-07-2010, 12:52 AM
Sometimes the spiderwraps are way too tight. That it's even too hard to open with the original s3 key. Damn those store workers!

Mutt225
02-13-2010, 04:54 AM
I know. That's why I'm asking how to quietly remove them. There is a detacher for it, but I don't wanna carry that thing around.

Hi, You can just use your hands for gator tags, they are the easiest tag to remove and dont need a tool for them. I have a sensormatic hook and when I go someplace and see gator tags Makes me happiper cause i know i can just pop em off with my hand, simple as that

busted
02-13-2010, 10:22 PM
In case anyone wants The real/original alpha s3 hand key:

http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=98705

no bs. Check out the pics. I have a ton of them. Only use 1. And 1 for back up in case u need to ditch mine out in the field.

redhanded
02-18-2010, 12:47 AM
In case anyone wants The real/original alpha s3 hand key:

http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=98705

no bs. Check out the pics. I have a ton of them. Only use 1. And 1 for back up in case u need to ditch mine out in the field.

You can buy them for $25 online from a legitimate non-security related retailer. What's your price?

Malice
02-18-2010, 04:27 AM
I've tried buying them online using a fake business name and the address of a business that I've had tied to my debit card, it didn't work. I haven't heard of any site that doesn't require this.

The_Ninja
02-18-2010, 09:36 PM
Another thing for the spider wraps, check to see how loose the cables are. I've gotten paintball guns this way. Lazy employees leaving just a bit of slack and crushign the corners of the box means you could get it off easily.

How to fuck do you walk out of a store with a paintball gun?

Chris Hansen
02-18-2010, 09:50 PM
How to fuck do you walk out of a store with a paintball gun?

you do exactly that. just walk out. if it doesnt go off they wont do anything. i have actualy gotten some airsoft guns.

ScumBag
02-20-2010, 02:38 PM
GONE

tbeezu
02-22-2010, 09:45 AM
The magnet link is invalid. Can I get an updated link goog?

Malice
02-22-2010, 09:55 AM
According to ScumBag this magnet will remove them:http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BX0X0X0-N52&cat=168

zzzzz
02-25-2010, 12:44 AM
I'm having issues with the Alpha 2 alarm tags that are just like these:

http://www.AmericanTheftPrevention.com/High-Theft-Hard-Tags/2-Alarm-Bug-Tag-Security-Tag-p115.html

but are attached to clothing. Anyone with any help on where the sweet spot is on those?

Food Product
02-25-2010, 12:07 PM
you do exactly that. just walk out. if it doesnt go off they wont do anything. i have actualy gotten some airsoft guns.

This.

The first time I was by myself, no issues. Uncrew the barrel, put into my(Deep) pocket, which a light sweater covered well. the actual gun is smaller than you'd think, and real thin which went into my wasit-band. No issues, walked out.

Second gun, I was careless and went in with a friend who also wanted a marker. I wont go into details, but the lift involved running as fast as possible behind a Home Depot.

Method of Madness
02-25-2010, 09:22 PM
When I used to jack shit with spider wires on it, i would take it to the bathroom. Go into a stall and submerge the spiders body underwater then clip the wires. It shorts out/makes no sound underwater. Then flush the bastard

Raziel
02-25-2010, 09:42 PM
When I used to jack shit with spider wires on it, i would take it to the bathroom. Go into a stall and submerge the spiders body underwater then clip the wires. It shorts out/makes no sound underwater. Then flush the bastard

Nice one, if there are no stalls try taking water in bottle and do it that way.

:thumbsup:

tbeezu
02-28-2010, 06:19 AM
From the updated link, which one would be strong enough? I remember the other magnet was around $40 but the other 3 is only 10 and less so I'm assuming it isn't as strong.

The_Ninja
02-28-2010, 06:18 PM
You can get an S3 key from Demco legally for $35. Here's the link:

http://www.demco.com/goto?BLK8957

Malice
02-28-2010, 09:11 PM
I may have tried it, it didn't work.

zzzzz
03-03-2010, 05:00 AM
take a picture of the back for me.

Customer is having trouble uploading her pictures--it's telling me I can't do an attachment. BUT, found a better pic of the front.

http://www.alphaworld.com/alpha-security-tags-2-alarm-hard-tag.asp

The back is flat. It attaches to clothing with a pin, just like the ones on SuperTags and gators. The sides are smooth, with no notches for the S3 key. Customer is baffled by this.

BONUS: However, while you are on the Alpha site, be sure to click on the "Video Instructions" tab. Here, you will find tutorials in exactly where to put your S3 for all of the tags they make!!!! (For some screwy reason, it doesn't have one for this 2 Alarm tag.)

Malice
03-03-2010, 05:12 AM
It's possible that i requires a magnetic detacher, like this:

xOaXO-VtnME

You could try emailing someone and asking them whether it's compatible with the Alpha S3 handkey:
http://www.alphaworld.com/alpha-security-products-contact-us.asp#1

ScumBag
03-03-2010, 07:01 PM
GONE

PEEPLUSEM
03-05-2010, 01:48 AM
has anyone bought the radial magentized magnets from that site and tried them?

TYL3R13
03-09-2010, 02:55 AM

I tried something almost EXACTLY like this.. i had a pioneer 1100 watt amp, it had a spider wrap, i took it to the lawn and garden (it was winter, so NOBODY was out there, yet the doors are still unlocked) There was little water cooler thing for employees to get drinks from, so i filled a cup up with water, and dunked the spider wrap in it and left it in there for about 20 seconds. i took it out, and the light was still blinking, so back into the water it went!!! after 30 seconds i pulled it out, and the light was STILL blinking :mad: so i figured the little fuckers were water-proof. There was also a tool bin right next to the water cooler, and i found a pair of wire cutters. since there was nobody around, i decided to just cut the damn wire and leave the wrap and get the hell out before somene found it. So i tried to cut the damn wire, but i couldnt!! Maybe the wire cutters were just dull as fuck, but for the life of me i couldnt cut through the litte fucker. So i went to plan C, took out my cutter tool, and started hackin away at the box, then after enough of the box was gone, the wrap easily came off, i buried the pieces of the box and the wrap in a box full of valentine pillows that was out there, bagged the amp, and left. the old greeter lady just smiled as i walked out, not knowing I had an amp in one bag and a 10" sub in another :D:D:D

And for every time i said "I" i meant SWIM XD

03-11-2010, 01:44 AM
I tried something almost EXACTLY like this.. i had a pioneer 1100 watt amp, it had a spider wrap, i took it to the lawn and garden (it was winter, so NOBODY was out there, yet the doors are still unlocked) There was little water cooler thing for employees to get drinks from, so i filled a cup up with water, and dunked the spider wrap in it and left it in there for about 20 seconds. i took it out, and the light was still blinking, so back into the water it went!!! after 30 seconds i pulled it out, and the light was STILL blinking :mad: so i figured the little fuckers were water-proof. There was also a tool bin right next to the water cooler, and i found a pair of wire cutters. since there was nobody around, i decided to just cut the damn wire and leave the wrap and get the hell out before somene found it. So i tried to cut the damn wire, but i couldnt!! Maybe the wire cutters were just dull as fuck, but for the life of me i couldnt cut through the litte fucker. So i went to plan C, took out my cutter tool, and started hackin away at the box, then after enough of the box was gone, the wrap easily came off, i buried the pieces of the box and the wrap in a box full of valentine pillows that was out there, bagged the amp, and left. the old greeter lady just smiled as i walked out, not knowing I had an amp in one bag and a 10" sub in another :D:D:D

And for every time i said "I" i meant SWIM XD

howd you get the amp and shit man? like what steps did you take to do that?:thumbsup:
sounds awesome!

LilLita
03-12-2010, 02:38 PM
You can get an S3 key from Demco legally for $35. Here's the link:

http://www.demco.com/goto?BLK8957

their site says they only sell to libraries - would they sell to a person?

that's way better price than i was quoted but i'd rather pay more for no trouble...

StainlessSteal
03-13-2010, 04:08 AM
USS Spider Wrap - anyone know if this can be opened with a standard s3 key?

IamMinsk
03-13-2010, 08:59 PM
their site says they only sell to libraries - would they sell to a person?

that's way better price than i was quoted but i'd rather pay more for no trouble...

If you make a homemade one...it can fit into your sock and no1 will have any idea wtf it is(electrical tape or plastidip as a coating) if something goes wrong as opposed to having the alpha logo sticking out...

Ben Katz
03-23-2010, 03:36 AM
I can remember seeing something about a "countersunk detacher" and I cannot find it anymore. I am looking for the kind of tag that they use at The Gap which merely requires a magnet to offset the pin mechanism.

I just bought a bunch of high powered magnets from my local science store...these magnets have to be powerful, because I just got a huge blister from a couple of the magnets pinching the hell out of my fingers. It hurt like a mother!!

Does anyone know of a link about how to make your own detacher (much like a countersunk)...Any tutorials would be great...

dagonxx
03-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Thanks DrGoogfan, the magnet does work on spider wraps. I have been practicing at home on a spider wrap I found in the Staples dumpster. I still haven't figured out the big plastic containers they hold PC software and ipods in. I hope to unlock one in the next couple days.

Imposter
03-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks DrGoogfan, the magnet does work on spider wraps. I have been practicing at home on a spider wrap I found in the Staples dumpster. I still haven't figured out the big plastic containers they hold PC software and ipods in. I hope to unlock one in the next couple days.

I just got my hands on a couple N52 magnets recently. When I went to check Wallyworld, it looks as if they have a newer model of the cases posted above (the ones for video games). It has the same slider in the right bottom, but a different looking coil. I couldn't read the model number off of the bottom of the case, sadly. Does anyone know anything about the newer models cases? Will the home-made magnet key still work?

¤Tømmÿ Ver¢ettî¤
03-24-2010, 07:17 PM
I just got my hands on a couple N52 magnets recently. When I went to check Wallyworld, it looks as if they have a newer model of the cases posted above (the ones for video games). It has the same slider in the right bottom, but a different looking coil. I couldn't read the model number off of the bottom of the case, sadly. Does anyone know anything about the newer models cases? Will the home-made magnet key still work?

I know exactly what you're talking about, the walmart closest to me took out the glass display cases and started locking ever game up individually with those alpha boxes.
I don't have an s3 key. or a homemade one :( so idk if it will work.

Imposter
03-25-2010, 04:30 AM
I know exactly what you're talking about, the walmart closest to me took out the glass display cases and started locking ever game up individually with those alpha boxes.
I don't have an s3 key. or a homemade one :( so idk if it will work.

The homemade one in this topic works.
When they say these things are powerful but brittle, they mean it.
I was putting them into the configuration shown above and one slipped from my hand and collided into the other breaking chunks off of them both.

dagonxx
03-25-2010, 07:53 PM

The new cases at my Walmart are easy. they are see thru so you can see where you have to put the magnet. I had God of War three open in 3 seconds but I think I had people following me on around the store so I just left it there.

Ben Katz
03-26-2010, 04:08 AM
Any help with my previous question? thanks!

ScumBag
03-26-2010, 11:09 PM
GONE

Ben Katz
03-27-2010, 11:33 PM
I realize it isn't rocket science. However I thought I remembered that the polarity had to be alternating and something else about having four of them.

ScumBag
03-28-2010, 04:51 PM
GONE

03-30-2010, 01:08 AM
I can remember seeing something about a "countersunk detacher" and I cannot find it anymore. I am looking for the kind of tag that they use at The Gap which merely requires a magnet to offset the pin mechanism.

I just bought a bunch of high powered magnets from my local science store...these magnets have to be powerful, because I just got a huge blister from a couple of the magnets pinching the hell out of my fingers. It hurt like a mother!!

Does anyone know of a link about how to make your own detacher (much like a countersunk)...Any tutorials would be great...

well i know that the magnetic detacher issue has been covered multiple times between here and the SL thread so im sure it wont be hard to find what magnet you need. you could always just go to vinipooh...:rolleyes:

Syphilis IV
04-02-2010, 04:06 AM
Good thread.

dagonxx
04-03-2010, 06:53 AM
Good thread.

The best. The homemade magnet key is unbelievable.

spiralds123
04-05-2010, 12:31 AM
A friend of mine used to work at Toys-R-Us. Over that time he collected probably about 40 box cutters, they are razor blades in a mounted piece of steel with a covering. These I find are very good for opening a package in a hurry, fairly silently as well.

http://static.www.odcdn.com/pictures/us/od/sk/lg/906890_sk_lg.jpg

You can buy them from Office Depot here:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/906890/Pacific-Handy-Cutter-Box-Cutter/

Do what you wish with this information, I am not liable for how you use it.

ataraxic
04-05-2010, 12:52 AM
awesome information thanks!

dagonxx
04-09-2010, 05:09 PM
A friend of mine used to work at Toys-R-Us. Over that time he collected probably about 40 box cutters, they are razor blades in a mounted piece of steel with a covering. These I find are very good for opening a package in a hurry, fairly silently as well.

http://static.www.odcdn.com/pictures/us/od/sk/lg/906890_sk_lg.jpg

You can buy them from Office Depot here:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/906890/Pacific-Handy-Cutter-Box-Cutter/

Do what you wish with this information, I am not liable for how you use it.

I prefer to use this x-acto knife I stole from Staples. It's scary sharp, vut myself pretty bad a couple times.

http://www.staples.com/X-Acto-Gripster-Knife/product_428854?cmArea=SC1:CG821:DP4141:CL162329

spiralds123
04-09-2010, 06:16 PM
I prefer to use this x-acto knife I stole from Staples. It's scary sharp, vut myself pretty bad a couple times.

http://www.staples.com/X-Acto-Gripster-Knife/product_428854?cmArea=SC1:CG821:DP4141:CL162329

Yeah, I have a few of those kicking around in my house as well. I haven't used them for anything since their my dad's and he uses them for his job, but I may try and see if they can cut things quickly and silently, the same way the box cutters can.

Another reason I don't use them is because I'm only home during the weekdays, and I'm in at at my friend's Thursday-Sunday, and that's the time when other people tend to shoplift, or so I hear.

FrY
04-09-2010, 06:20 PM
GONE
Good read thanks.

spiralds123
04-09-2010, 07:43 PM
So does anyone else have any slick inventions or devices they use to SL better?

Malice
04-09-2010, 08:49 PM
I used to have a scalpel with a retractaway handle I bought on Ebay, but lost it after conning the cops into thinking they had never arrested me(worth it):hrmph:. I still have a box of scalpels, I just need to get another handle. Just kidding, that never happened. I don't admit to crimes.
Now I use an exacto blade. The cap that came with it fucking sucks though. What I did was use a pen cap with the protrusion cut off. It works much better.

spiralds123
04-09-2010, 09:10 PM
I used to have a scalpel with a retractaway handle I bought on Ebay, but lost it after conning the cops into thinking they had never arrested me(worth it):hrmph:. I still have a box of scalpels, I just need to get another handle. Just kidding, that never happened. I don't admit to crimes.
Now I use an exacto blade. The cap that came with it fucking sucks though. What I did was cut off the protrusion off of a pen cap and use that. It works much better.

I would call that a fair trade.

vinipooh123@gmail
04-09-2010, 09:29 PM
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr47/vinipooh123/aa6.jpg

Ben Katz
04-12-2010, 01:03 AM
Well. Without much help regarding the countersunk detachers, I took matters into my own hand, went to ace hardware; bought some of their "super magnets" put about nine of them together and tried it out on one of those tags that requires a powerful magnet to open and it worked swimmingly. I didn't SL anything, but I treated it more like a reconnaissance mussion and I was totally surprised how easily it opened.

I noticed when I placed the magnet on the tag; it had a very powerful attraction, which is what I never had with previous attempts with less superior magnets. I am not too keen on the inner workings of these tags but it was obvious (from the noises I heard it make) that something was moving the mechanism inside the tag. (Success!!!!)

After I had a positive outcome; I was very tempted to try it out, but I just wasn't comfortable
with who saw me enter the dressing room at that time. I just bought a few pairs of jeans and went on my way.

If you want more info on the magnets; I just found them at Ace Hardware in my area. They come pretty small; however, I purchased the magnets that were about a centimeter in diameter (maybe bigger) and perhaps about 2 or 3 millimeters thick. There are smaller ones that I bought, but they just didn't have enough pull. They weren't expensive at all and they are (no hyperbole here) SUPER STRONG!! I can't tell you how many times I was pinched messing around with these things and now I have a few blisters to remember them by. I'm not exactly sure that you need NINE magnets to do the job, but that is what I bought. I stacked them 3 at a time with a spacer in-between every three. They were also SUPER FUN to play with. I could place magnets on top of my palm and place some underneath and they would attract each other as if there was nothing in between them. Very cool, indeed. Oh, btw, the magnets that I bought were in a clear plastic package labeled, "Super Magnets" and came in sets of 3. There are some that come in sets of 6, but those were too small; they were powerful, but just didn't have the surface area of magnetism; if there is such a thing?

Now, I have been asking about what works (and what doesn't) and I have heard nothing but "CONTACT VINNIPOOH!!!!" and guess what; I just heard back from him (via PM) telling me "not to be a cheapskate" and BUY his product. I wasn't in some small-time store either and these worked without ANY TROUBLE!!!! I will let you all know that if you are resourceful enough and have some ability to "think outside the box" you will NOT have to go through VINNIPOOH and buy his overinflated products to do your handiwork.

I am also having MUCH success with a skinny screwdriver that I fashioned into my own personal sensormatic tag detacher. Vinni's detacher: $50.....My screwdriver: $3.00 The drill attachment I used to grind it down: $2.00....Attempts to get it right: About 10. The satisfaction of knowing that I don't need to buy Vinni's products: PRICELESS!!!!!!

Sorry to be so negative on Vinni; I know that he has been super helpful and delivers the goods that do the job, but I am just here to tell you all that you don't need to go out and spend all that money on those proprietary items. Just use your head and you can do it....

ShadyLady
04-12-2010, 01:56 AM
Getting ink tags off- Can anyone verify this works?

==Ink tags==
A Sensormatic Ink Tag

These tags are often found in clothing stores. It is for what is called "benefit denial." What this means is if the tag is pulled apart it will spray ink all over the clothes as well as the person's hands. There are two ways to get them off, one is to try and protect the clothing as you rip it off, but it is not a good idea.
The other way you can get them off is with a radially magnetised NdFeB magnet. There is only one site that sells them. To use it, put it on the "cone" of the tag and it should come off.
Ink tags occasionally have rfid chips in them but in stores that do not have any towers and only rely on inktags, they can be removed from the store.

Ben Katz
04-12-2010, 03:05 AM
I didn't try this with an "ink tag" specifically. (I will tomorrow though) and I am guessing that it will be just as successful.

Malice
04-12-2010, 04:39 AM
Try to see what the minimum amount of magnets you need stacked is.

Ben Katz
04-12-2010, 01:18 PM
I need to amend my original measurements of the magnets I used.

Type: Neodynium (sp?)
Class: Unknown; it is not indicated on the package. It just says, "These magnets are super strong; not recommended for children!" Basically, there is no "N" number given; which is what I have noticed from a few descriptions of magnets on this site.

Dimensions:
Diameter: About 1.7 or 1.8 centimeters
Thickness: About 2 to 3 millimeters.

I have all my magnets with me right now and the particular brand that I bought had 3 sizes. One of which was about 7 cm (diameter) another that was 1.1 cm (diameter) and the one I just indicated above. They all have the same relative thickness of about 2 to 3 mm.

Again...there is no need to buy the countersunk magnets from vinnipooh; don't waste your money...you're not being a cheapskate; you are just being resourceful when you don't have to rely on buying overpriced security gear from him.

ScumBag
04-12-2010, 05:12 PM
GONE

Ben Katz
04-12-2010, 05:45 PM
yup, that is exactly it!!!!

Ben Katz
04-13-2010, 02:35 AM
Ok, I just went on another reconnaissance mission and this time I did a little research on "ink tags" (of ALL sorts) and the results were the same. I had NO PROBLEM opening ink tags.

I used the same number of magnets and it was super easy. I even got as bold as to "palm" the magnets and just hold it up to the ink tag as I pulled on the other end and it released as if there was nothing holding it in; as I was walking around the store. (No dressing room nonsense...)

As Darth Vader would say...."All too easy...."

Malice
04-13-2010, 03:15 AM
Try to find out what the minimum amount of magnets you need is next time.

Ben Katz
04-13-2010, 04:20 AM
Try to find out what the minimum amount of magnets you need is next time.

Yes, I tried the same number, but I forgot to mention that I used as few as four and it still worked.

Ben Katz
04-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Has anyone else out there tried it with their own magnets? I'd love to know if it isn't just a "fluke"....

ShadyLady
04-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Has anyone else out there tried it with their own magnets? I'd love to know if it isn't just a "fluke"....

I've gotten supertags off w/an N50 magnet but it didn't work on ink tags :(
Ordered the ring magnet listed in the main post to try on ink tags. Will see how that works.

Ben Katz
04-14-2010, 09:18 PM
I've gotten supertags off w/an N50 magnet but it didn't work on ink tags :(
Ordered the ring magnet listed in the main post to try on ink tags. Will see how that works.

I don't know if you are using the right kind...I was able to get ink tags off quite easily...

PEEPLUSEM
04-15-2010, 04:03 AM
harddrive magnets will work.

ShadyLady
04-15-2010, 02:16 PM
I don't know if you are using the right kind...I was able to get ink tags off quite easily...

In what stores did you get the inktags off? This N50 magnet:

http://www.magnet4less.com/product_i...roducts_id=160

didn't work on inktags in Macys but worked on Supertags in Gap. Ordered this magnet:

http://www.supermagnetman.net/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=914&osCsid=cb444d0bf0673cfb0bf1a371980572a7

which is listed on the first page of this thread as working with ink tags. With shipping it was only $7.50 Should be getting it in the mail tomorrow. Will post if it works on ink tags.

ShadyLady
04-15-2010, 02:16 PM

Is there a trick to it? I tried placing my magnet on different parts of the ink tag & that shit wouldn't come off!

AMSTERDAM
04-15-2010, 07:51 PM

I tried with a stack of 5 magnets (2 centimeter in diameter and 3 millimeter thickness each). Did not work on any kind of tags. :(

Ben Katz
04-15-2010, 08:47 PM
I tried with a stack of 5 magnets (2 centimeter in diameter and 3 millimeter thickness each). Did not work on any kind of tags. :(

What store were you at? I've had nothing but success...Are you using the same brand that I suggested?

AMSTERDAM
04-15-2010, 10:13 PM
At some stores in the Netherlands, since I live there. And no, not the same brand.

Malice
04-16-2010, 01:05 AM
What store were you at? I've had nothing but success...Are you using the same brand that I suggested?

Have you tried it on those UFO shaped magnetic tags they use at Macy's?

Ben Katz
04-16-2010, 03:33 AM
Have you tried it on those UFO shaped magnetic tags they use at Macy's?

I will go to Macy's tomorrow and check it out...I've tried it on a UFO-shaped tag from another store and it worked well...Perhaps you aren't using enough.

Malice
04-16-2010, 03:40 AM
I haven't tried it yet, I was just wondering. At the store I went to I only say them on 7 for All Mankind jeans. IIRC some of them were about $180.

ShadyLady
04-16-2010, 05:20 PM
I will go to Macy's tomorrow and check it out...I've tried it on a UFO-shaped tag from another store and it worked well...Perhaps you aren't using enough.

I'm dying to know if it'll work! I'm planning on doing most of my (hypothetical) lifting from Macys.

I haven't tried it yet, I was just wondering. At the store I went to I only say them on 7 for All Mankind jeans. IIRC some of them were about $180.

High end jeans like 7 for All Mankind, Citizens of Humanity, Jbrand, Joes, etc really sell! The ink tags are on other high end stuff like Ralph Lauren, etc. Get those ink tags off & you could prob sell those jeans for maybe $100 on ebay (not sure of the exact going rate).

ShadyLady
04-16-2010, 06:04 PM

Did you lift anything from Macys? Do they use RFID tags, too? Thanks.

Malice
04-16-2010, 06:16 PM
I've only seen inktags, supertags and supertags IIs at Macy's. I wasn't able to get the supertag IIs off. If it seems that your hook isn't working on any of the tags just focus on one item. Regular supertags are usually really easy to get off.

ShadyLady
05-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Finally ordered a vinni hook. I was being cheap, using a N50 magnet but stupid magnet would only take off Gap tags. I guess they used the easiest to open supertags. Tried magnet on tags in Express, American Eagle & Macys, did not work on any of them.

Learned my lesson not to be cheap. Vinni dropped the price of the hooks from $50 to $35. Hook will pay for itself quickly.

*NOT affiliated with Vinnipooh in anyway*

GreatToKnow
05-22-2010, 12:22 PM
I've tried buying them online using a fake business name and the address of a business that I've had tied to my debit card, it didn't work. I haven't heard of any site that doesn't require this.

My friend brought one seven days ago online from a retail security website she did not even put that she is a business owner and had it sent to her home and it took 48 hours to get there :eek:

There are websites that sell them to the public its knowing where and how to find them:cool:

ShadyLady
06-01-2010, 03:39 PM
To disable up soft tag (tags sewn onto clothing, usually in the inside of the garment, on the right side)- take a needle & poke it through tag but don't poke it through to the other side. You want the needle inside the tag & poke it all around to shred the metal threads. If you don't plan on reselling or returning the item, then you can shred the tag with a blade which is much quicker.

If you want to steal from Gap, Gap Oulet or Old Navy, 6 of these magnets (2 packs) stacked with remove their shitty supertags (no hole for hook): http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3633664&kw=magnets&origkw=magnets Can be bought at Ace Hardware so no ordering online & waiting crap.

bustymcbusted
06-22-2010, 03:06 AM
Countersunk detacher:
http://www.tootoo.com/s-ps/eas-antenna-eas-system-super-eas-hard-tag-magnetic-detacher-ed002--p-1348735.html

vnorberto
06-22-2010, 03:09 AM
Finally ordered a vinni hook. I was being cheap, using a N50 magnet but stupid magnet would only take off Gap tags. I guess they used the easiest to open supertags. Tried magnet on tags in Express, American Eagle & Macys, did not work on any of them.

Learned my lesson not to be cheap. Vinni dropped the price of the hooks from $50 to $35. Hook will pay for itself quickly.

*NOT affiliated with Vinnipooh in anyway*

did the vini hook work in macys

bustymcbusted
06-22-2010, 03:30 AM
USS Spider Wrap - anyone know if this can be opened with a standard s3 key?

You can use a strong magnet to pop the clutch on the winder part. Hold it upside down, so that the winder is on the bottom of the package, apply the magnet, and if it is strong enough, you should hear a little pop (or feel it) as the magnet is drawn out of the clutch. Might have to give it a little shimmy or shake your booty. The USS products are compatible with sensormatic systems. I think Toys R US has an agreement with USS and uses their products. The USS EAS gate has a booster bag detector.

As a warning to those considering tampering with the Alpha wraps, some have protected speakers and may not short when put in water. Their products are continually improved upon. I've seen LP reports where the speaker was disabled by being drilled through though. Don't think it isn't armed when the light isn't flashing. Some have accelerometers. The lights go dormant, but when moved will start flashing every 12 seconds. So if you pick it up because it isn't flashing, check later to see if it is flashing.

johnsuebarret
06-22-2010, 03:38 AM
Any tag that is rectangular and much flatter than it is high like:

http://www.securitytagstore.com/admin/uploadedfiles/Micro%20Gator%20Tag.jpg

will most likely contain one of these inside it:

http://www.timeaccessinc.com/eas/images/zldrs2.jpg

All of these can be disabled by attaching a strong magnet to them while going through the sensormatic towers. I believe that just rubbing it a few times may do the trick too, but it is safest to just keep it attached while walking out the door.

If you can get your hands on one of the copper coils that can be seen in the bottom left of the alpha case in this picture:
https://www2.corecommerce.com/~americanthef703/uploads/ACM202B.jpg
You can use this coil to keep other coils from setting off the towers by placing it right next to the coil that is in the case of whatever you want to get. However, you probably won't need this because most of the cases that contain these coils can easily be opened with magnets that you can buy on ebay.
Where the coils do come in handy is, if you have two of them, you can keep them separate as you walk into a store. This will cause you to beep and the shopkeepers will take note of this. When you have got your items you put the coils together so that they will not set off the alarm. This way, if the alarm does go off because you missed a tag on the merchandise, the shopkeepers will most likely just wave you through because you beeped on the way in...this gives you an extra layer of security.

cyko
07-13-2010, 10:31 PM
will the s3 key open all of the kinds of tags the manufacture. specifically this one. http://www.alphaworld.com/alpha-security-tags-3-alarm-extreme-tag.asp
Extreme tags... let me know please. thanks guys later.

cyko
07-14-2010, 01:46 AM
Just try it out lol but I would bring a circular magnet just incase lol.
well moneymadness, the reason i ask is because i do not have one. i was wondering if it would work. i am interested in buying one. thats why i am asking if it works. has anyone tried it before?

Pathfinder
07-14-2010, 01:54 AM
well moneymadness, the reason i ask is because i do not have one. i was wondering if it would work. i am interested in buying one. thats why i am asking if it works. has anyone tried it before?

The s3key will not work on those.

cyko
07-14-2010, 02:48 AM
The s3key will not work on those.

so pathfinder, what opens these tags? which of there detachers is it?

Malice
07-14-2010, 08:33 AM
will the s3 key open all of the kinds of tags the manufacture. specifically this one. http://www.alphaworld.com/alpha-security-tags-3-alarm-extreme-tag.asp
Extreme tags... let me know please. thanks guys later.

IIRC you need a countersunk detacher for those, like the Superloc that Vinipooh sells. Place it over the nub and you can take it off.

ShadyLady
07-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Just try it out lol but I would bring a circular magnet just incase lol.

Don't give shitty advice. You don't know what you're talking about.

IIRC you need a countersunk detacher for those, like the Superloc that Vinipooh sells. Place it over the nub and you can take it off.

THIS! Malice is correct. I have a detacher, too.

Pathfinder
07-14-2010, 05:57 PM
so pathfinder, what opens these tags? which of there detachers is it?

Im going to be totally honest i dont know 100% but i know its not an s3 key.

cyko
07-14-2010, 06:01 PM

ok, nice. thank you malice. but which one superloc are you talking about because theres 2 different superlocs and they both say they are used for ink tags...

edit. also i did some more research and came across the detacher for extreme tags. http://store.harrygs.com/alpha-extreme-detacher-s3.html
soo how do i get my hands on this detacher? or do you know what magnets it is utilizing?

Malice
07-14-2010, 10:26 PM
The homemade S3 key can remove the tags that the Extreme detacher can. Do more reading.

ScumBag
07-14-2010, 11:54 PM
GONE

ScumBag
07-14-2010, 11:58 PM
GONE

Kbigl24
07-28-2010, 12:01 AM
If I make an s3 alpha key at home, will it set off the eas towers at the door when I enter and exit?

Kbigl24
07-28-2010, 12:09 AM
I need a key to open the alpha 2 alarm cablelok tags. I saw that a few people posted that the s3 keys open most of those tags made by that manufacturer, but i need to be sure. Does anyone know how these work and what i will need to buy to open them?

audilover
08-01-2010, 01:39 AM
I just want to get this strait. So the 3alarm above can be removed with a superloc and nothing else correct?

johnsuebarret
09-02-2010, 09:19 PM
This is bad information … Please do not Post BullShit if you have no clue what you are talking about.
:devil:

Alright buddy, why don't you show everyone here why it is bad information instead of just spewing bullshit just for the sake of it? Everything I said here has been confirmed and proven to work many times over by myself and others.

GreatToKnow
09-02-2010, 10:26 PM
I need some advice. Alpha spider wraps that self alarm when you exit.
Would they alarm when you exit if they where wrapped up in lots of tin foi?

I figured they would need to be able to send a signal or get one in order to know to alarm.

so if you put them in a booster bag could you not just walk out with one without any alarms sounding?

johnsuebarret
09-02-2010, 10:37 PM
I need some advice. Alpha spider wraps that self alarm when you exit.
Would they alarm when you exit if they where wrapped up in lots of tin foi?

I figured they would need to be able to send a signal or get one in order to know to alarm.

so if you put them in a booster bag could you not just walk out with one without any alarms sounding?

May be possible, but I wouldn't try it. Just remove the wraps with a homemade s3 key, they are easy to make.

GreatToKnow
09-02-2010, 11:11 PM
May be possible, but I wouldn't try it. Just remove the wraps with a homemade s3 key, they are easy to make.

Already have one But How can you remove it when it does not have the two plastic teeth to put in the back of the spider wrap?.

johnsuebarret
09-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Already have one But How can you remove it when it does not have the two plastic teeth to put in the back of the spider wrap?.

The spiderwrap that you are talking about is round and has a little alarm speaker and a red blinking light on the frond right? The wires should wrap around and connect with another little rectangular thing on the back of the box. That rectangular thing should have two little indents where the teeth go. I just use magnets and have never used an original s3 key before so I'm not completely sure, but if that rectangular thing doesn't have those tooth indents then try moving the s3 key around on top of it and listen for a click. After you hear that click, it should just pull apart.

GreatToKnow
09-06-2010, 08:07 PM
The spiderwrap that you are talking about is round and has a little alarm speaker and a red blinking light on the frond right? The wires should wrap around and connect with another little rectangular thing on the back of the box. That rectangular thing should have two little indents where the teeth go. I just use magnets and have never used an original s3 key before so I'm not completely sure, but if that rectangular thing doesn't have those tooth indents then try moving the s3 key around on top of it and listen for a click. After you hear that click, it should just pull apart.

Might just invest in buying a genuine spider wrap and have a play around with it or bring one home using a booster bag

ScumBag
09-07-2010, 04:17 AM
GONE

johnsuebarret
09-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Just read my opening posts in the Shoplifters Thread.

Yeah, what about it. You think that if you post something it means that its true? I know for a fact that the gator tags in multiple stores in my area have permanently magnetized tags in them and not RFID like you said.

GreatToKnow
09-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Yeah, what about it. You think that if you post something it means that its true? I know for a fact that the gator tags in multiple stores in my area have permanently magnetized tags in them and not RFID like you said.

Lol Most tags are magnetized which has nothing to do with what RF it uses.
There is RF then there is RFID never seen any RFID tags for anti shoplifting.

Either way you can remove the tags with pointed pliers ; D or a strong magnet or sensomatic hook maybe?

its down to you to check out what system and tags your store uses and look them up and be sure its the correct one or there may be a serious fail :(

ScumBag
09-08-2010, 09:33 AM
GONE

johnsuebarret
09-09-2010, 11:16 AM
GONE

forum take my advice or not.

ScumBag
09-09-2010, 05:48 PM
GONE

johnsuebarret
09-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Thank you Scumbag. I wish all the posts in bad ideas were like this instead of just pointless arguing. You really do know your stuff :)

ShadyLady
09-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Macys uses a variety of tags/pins. I'll try to describe this the best I can: I've seen ink tags with a cone pin, black alarming tags that blink & an ink tag with a gator tag type pin. The side outside the garment was an ink tag, the part inside the garment was a gator tag. This type of tag is basically half gator tag, half ink tag. Does anyone know if a detacher will remove it?

Malice
09-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Interesting, gator tags at Macy's. They must have been too cheap to upgrade fully.

Both the gator tag and the ink tag part have a mechanism that holds the pin in place, so you'd actually need a magnetic detacher and a gator detacher, or you could try one of the other methods for the gator, such as a rubber band or pliers.

brendarocksxd
09-26-2010, 04:58 AM
http://akamai.globalsources.com.edgesuite.net/f/593/3445/5d/pdt.static.globalsources.com/IMAGES/PDT/SMALL/145/S1032586145.jpg

I saw this tag on F21 purses, is it ok to just snip them with regular scissors? Or will it alarm?

Malice
09-26-2010, 05:22 AM
You should be able to tell whether it has speakers, and if it does, it will alarm. I've never heard of pencil tags with speakers, so I doubt it. You can also use a magnetic detacher to remove it.

ShadyLady
09-27-2010, 12:28 AM
Does anyone know what they black blinking tags at Macys are called? Does that tag require an S3 key or a detacher? A picture would be appreciated. I need this info for a thread I'm working on so a response would be greatly appreciated.

Malice
09-27-2010, 12:36 AM
Shady, they're alarming super tags.

http://www.sensormatic.com/Products/EAS/HardTags/HardTagsFamily/AlarmingSuperTag.aspx

You need the standard hook AFAIK. If it has the hole to insert it, that's what it uses.
Be careful with them, if you pull on them too much they'll go off.

ShadyLady
09-27-2010, 02:55 AM
Shady, they're alarming super tags.

http://www.sensormatic.com/Products/EAS/HardTags/HardTagsFamily/AlarmingSuperTag.aspx

You need the standard hook AFAIK. If it has the hole to insert it, that's what it uses.
Be careful with them, if you pull on them too much they'll go off.

Thank you!

GreatToKnow
09-27-2010, 07:01 PM
I have several tools of the trade i would give away to anyone who would go shopping at sportsdirect ,lonsdale or sportsworld

Iv got two home made alpha keys & one 5000gs detacher

Shadowz0r
10-28-2010, 07:14 AM
Does anybody have information about the new Alpha XT Super detacher? SWIM was going to take one but didn't know if the alarm would go off because a sensor was inside, and didn't know if an alarm would sound if the wire was cut connecting the two pieces. Thank you for your response :)

Malice
10-28-2010, 08:25 AM
The homemade alpha detacher has enough power to remove the tags the XT removes.

Shadowz0r
10-28-2010, 09:49 PM
I just bought a regular alpha s3 key for myself :/
Can you link instructions on making your own alpha detacher? All the ones I find on it are deleted or junk. Thank you!

skygear
10-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Can you link instructions on making your own alpha detacher? All the ones I find on it are deleted or junk. Thank you!

i'll get it together here in a moment and will edit this out!

but for starters there are 2 different methods/ both require you to order the magnets 4 or 8 is the difference

skygear
10-28-2010, 11:06 PM
make an S3 key

If you can find N52 in 3/4 x 3/8 x 1/4 (length x width x height) thats the size an original alpha s3 key are
Prefered are N52 here http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BX084-N52&cat=168 <--- these are bigger than an original alpha s3 but work! thanks SHADYLADY!
http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?chs=375x400&cht=lxy&chco=000099,000099&chd=t:0,0.01,0.02,0.03,0.05,0.075,0.1,0.15,0.2,0.3 ,0.4,0.5,0.6,0.7,0.8,0.9,1|25.22,20.417,17.893,15. 987,13.142,10.61,8.747,6.179,4.515,2.567,1.542,0.9 61,0.616,0.404,0.269,0.182,0.125&chds=0,1,0,30,0,1,0,30&chxt=x,y&chf=bg,s,FFFFFF00|c,s,FFFFFF00&chm=c,000099,0,0,7&chxr=0,0,0.75|1,0,30
first go to http://www.magnet4less.com and lookup
Neodymium Magnets N42 0.75" x 0.375"x 0.25" Thick NdFeB Block Rare Earth Magnets or
Neodymium Magnets N42 Block 3/4 in x 3/8 in x 1/4 in

here the link http://www.magnet4less.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_5&products_id=27
you need 4 or 8 of these!
http://www.magnet4less.com/images/0.75x0.5x0.25_through_0.5.jpg

the spacing is 1/4" between the 2 sets of magnets

when you order your magnets either buy http://www.magnet4less.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_54&products_id=397
or ask them to kindly mark the poles with a marker or sticker for you... (the poles are important!)
http://www.magnet4less.com/images/pole.jpg

you need to align them in this config
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3417/img00003201010260004.jpg

and a metal plate behind them 1" 3/4" x 3/4"
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7131/img00004201010260006.jpghttp://img52.imageshack.us/img52/1294/imag0410p.jpghttp://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3851/imag0409k.jpghttp://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4172/imag0408y.jpg

Identifying The Poles Of Neodymium Magnets
There are 3 different ways in which you can identify the poles of Neodymium magnets.

The simplest way is to use another Neodymium magnet that is already marked. By virtue of magnetic properties, the North Pole of the marked magnet will attract the North Pole of the unmarked Neodymium magnet and repel the South Pole.
Take a compass and bring it close to the Neodymium magnet you want to mark. The North Pole of the compass will be attracted to the South Pole of the Neodymium magnet and repelled by the North Pole.
Take a magnet and dangle it by a string so that it is freely rotating. The North Pole of the magnet will be the one that points north.

A compass works too...

ShadyLady
10-28-2010, 11:44 PM
4 of these magnets (http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BX084-N52&cat=168) also work for an S3 key.

skygear
10-28-2010, 11:59 PM
4 of these magnets (http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BX084-N52&cat=168) also work for an S3 key.

your right and i prefer those... i'm going to update the links in my post with yours... n52 is always better! 26.2 lbs pull vs the 14lbs
do you remember the polarity config?
o o
[+]_[-]
[-]_[+]

Is this the one?

ShadyLady
10-29-2010, 12:00 AM
your right and i prefer those... i'm going to update the links in my post with yours... n52 is always better! 26.2 lbs pull vs the 14lbs
do you remember the polarity config?
o o
[+]_[-]
[-]_[+]

Is this the one?

IDK, sorry.

ShadyLady
10-29-2010, 12:06 AM
Here's the original tools of the trade from the first page. *Not written by me*

For informational purposes only. I cannot be held liable for anyone else's actions. This information does not reflect me in any way, and it is only here to entice idiots to do stupid things for lulz.

==Stickers==
http://www.timeaccessinc.com/eas/images/zldrs2.jpgSensormatic Stickerhttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/40/RFID_Chip_004.JPGRf Sticker

Stickers are the cheapest and cheapest system for a storekeeper to use. They are normally deactivated at the registers when one purchases items. sensormatic tags are demagnetized and rfid chips are fried by a low power EMP. When not deactivated, they alert the towers at the doors.
Fortunately, these are the easiest things to disable. With a sensormatic tag, it should be demagnetized but it is much easier to just peel it off. Rfid chips can be destroyed by ruining their spiral antenna. All it takes is one slice through the sticker with a razor blade.
"Source Tagging" is when these stickers are inside the package. Often they are inside small things like dremel bits. Electronics are nearly always source-tagged. Disks usually are as well. If you suspect a tag, the only way to remove the item is to pen the package. They have now started appearing inside battery compartments of electronics too so be observant.

==Ink tags==
http://sensortags.net/used-tags/images/sensormaticinktag3.jpgA Sensormatic Ink Tag

These tags are often found in clothing stores. It is for what is called "benefit denial." What this means is if the tag is pulled apart it will spray ink all over the clothes as well as the person's hands. There are two ways to get them off, one is to try and protect the clothing as you rip it off, but it is not a good idea.
The other way you can get them off is with a radially magnetized NdFeB magnet. There is only one site that sells them (http://www.supermagnetman.net/index.php?cPath=40&osCsid=cb444d0bf0673cfb0bf1a371 980572a7). To use it, put it on the "cone" of the tag and it should come off.
Ink tags occasionally have rfid chips in them but in stores that do not have any towers and only rely on ink tags, they can be removed from the store.

==Gator Tags==
http://www.securitytagstore.com/admin/uploadedfiles/Micro%20Gator%20Tag.jpgA sensormatic gator tag.

Gator tags are one of the few tags to be removed by force. They do not contain ink but do have a rfid inside them. To remove them, you need to take two pliers (not needle nose) and grab the "flares" on the tag and bend away from the pin. It will then come apart.
Most people just use snippets though, it is your choice because both methods are unwieldy. The good thing is that gator tags are being replaced by;

==Super Tags==
http://www.easetag.com/ProductPicture-china/th/RF-hard-tag-Super-Tag-Combo-Code-T064-337-0.jpg2 sensormatic Super Tags

Super tags are permanently magnetized tags that latch onto clothing with a pin. They are especially hard to remove from the store. They only work with towers so if you see them in a store you can bet your ass that they have towers, even hidden.
There are two ways to remove these. Novices often use pliers but they are large and unwieldy. Clippers make a loud pop when they cut. Therefore, the best solution is to use what is called a sensormatic hook. I'm not going to explain much about them here because Vinipooh does a great job on it in his video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6kmT-ApJ_c). He also sells them, email him at vinipooh123@gmail.com.

==Alpha Products==
Alpha products are opened with what is called an S3 key. Vinipooh sells "real" ones but they are very easy (and cheaper) to make. It is an essential tool.
To make a key you need four N50 NdFeB magnets in the size available here. (http://kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BX084%2DN52&cat=168) They are arranged in a 2x2 array. DO NOT LET THE MAGNETS SLAM TOGETHER; they are very fragile and will shatter like glass. Below i have a picture of a homemade key.
http://i47.tinypic.com/se6cfn.jpgThis key is wrapped in electrical tape to protect the magnets.
Alpha uses a locking system called s3. It is a magnetic latch and its operation is better explained by a diagram (http://i49.tinypic.com/51v9nc.png).

==Alpha Keeper Case==
https://www2.corecommerce.com/~americanthef703/uploads/ACM202B.jpgAn alpha disk casehttps://www2.corecommerce.com/~americanthef703/uploads/acm316be.jpgAn alpha keeper box.

Alpha keepers are often used to protect dvds and video games from walking away, but they are easy to remove with a key. They contain a little rfid that alarms the towers like the sticker tags. On the bottom of the case a little metal spring is easily visible. Putting the magnet flush under that allows the latch to side and the case to open. On the larger keeper boxes, the bottom is opaque so it is a little harder to find the "sweet spot" but slide the magnet all around the bottom while and when you find it, you will hear clicks.

Alpha Product Hooks
http://images.marketworks.com/hi/66/66285/112107_004.jpgAn alpha product hook

Alpha hooks are the locking hooks that products are hung on. The products cannot be removed without a sales associate. These are fairly easy to open too. Simply place your key flush to the flat spot atop the front of the hook. Slide it around a little bit to find the sweet spot. It isn't too hard to find and once it's found, the front lock slides off/open.

Spider Wraps
http://www.securitytagstore.com/admin/uploadedfiles/spiderwrap_1_.gifA 3 alarm Spider Wrap.

Spider wraps are another alpha product. There is one thing you should never do. DO NOT CUT THE WIRES. It will release a noise comparable to a smoke alarm. Spider wraps are often 3 alarm which means;

It will alarm if the wires are cut
It will sound the tower's alarms
The wrap itself will alarm when removed from the store

To remove these, place the key flush to the rectangle latch. When the sweet spot is found, the latch will slide open and the wrap can be disposed of. The product may still be source tagged, so don't get cocky.

Scizorist
10-29-2010, 02:52 AM

These are the magnets my friend uses for his S3 key http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BX084-N52&cat=168. Get four of them and align them in this configuration:

[+ -][+ -]
[- +][- +]

Then afterwords wrap them in a couple layers of electrical tape so the don't flip or break. Also optionally you can add a thin metal bracket onto one side for extra durability which is what my friend did but it's not mandatory.

This is what works and it's also very cheap, only about $14 bucks for the magnets + the cost of the electrical tape if you choose not to steal it :whistle:, it works on every alpha product.

skygear
10-29-2010, 05:13 AM
These are the magnets my friend uses for his S3 key http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BX084-N52&cat=168. Get four of them and align them in this configuration:

[+ -][+ -]
[- +][- +]

Then afterwords wrap them in a couple layers of electrical tape so the don't flip or break. Also optionally you can add a thin metal bracket onto one side for extra durability which is what my friend did but it's not mandatory.

This is what works and it's also very cheap, only about $14 bucks for the magnets + the cost of the electrical tape if you choose not to steal it :whistle:, it works on every alpha product.

what the steel does is direct the force of the magnets more efficiently, with the higher strength magnets your right its not too teribly important! the electrical tape is ok but after awhile it gets sticky and nasty!
do yourself a favor and get some 600 or 40 grit sandpaper and lightly scuff up the finished product then get some spraypaint in a close to fleshtone color and spray it! then you can clearcoat in a flat or satin
worstcase it looks like an earaser! bestcase its the color of the palm of your hand and less likely to be seen!

Shadowz0r
11-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Does it have to be N52 strength magnets to open the new Alpha XT Super Detacher or can it be a weaker grade? Im trying to replace the magnets inside my s3 key and so far i have only found N42 strength mag here http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BC64. Ive been researching forever and can't find out what type of magnet is inside the super detacher so i don't know if i can get away with a weaker strength. Please help me, Thank You!

skygear
11-02-2010, 07:25 AM
Does it have to be N52 strength magnets to open the new Alpha XT Super Detacher or can it be a weaker grade? Im trying to replace the magnets inside my s3 key and so far i have only found N42 strength mag here http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BC64. Ive been researching forever and can't find out what type of magnet is inside the super detacher so i don't know if i can get away with a weaker strength. Please help me, Thank You!

doesnt have to be n52 i just prefer them for strength! n42 is good... but this site has most things cheaper!
try http://www.magnet4less.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_122&products_id=674 and get 16 of them...

if i remember correctly when you stack them there pull force increases(multiplies)
or i see videos of people using a 3"x1" N52 disc and another using a 2"x1"
and you can go as big as you want, personally i have 2 N52 "2x"2 on standby that i retrofitted into a sodacan and use the bottom curvature as the detacher! a little expanding foam goes a long way! even made the top working, drop a little soda in it walk around and hold the tag under the can! someone walks in your area... "accidentally" spill the 1oz of soda in the top onto the floor... while there getting the tissues or wet floor sigh grab your shit and get out!

Shadowz0r
11-02-2010, 07:48 PM
So if i order the N42 mag will it be able to open the new 3 alarm alpha products? The soda can idea is awesome, ill prolly try that :)

skygear
11-02-2010, 08:39 PM
So if i order the N42 mag will it be able to open the new 3 alarm alpha products? The soda can idea is awesome, ill prolly try that :)

i use it in other applications too. but being able to carry around toyr big ass tools in plain view and have a distraction tool all in one AWSOME!

the 3 alarm ones should open with the S3 ! did you have an issue with it?

Shadowz0r
11-02-2010, 11:02 PM
The s3 key does not work an the New spider wraps because it needs a stronger magnet inside, so no it didn't work :( Could I somehow buy these http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BC61-N52&cat=168 and configure it inside my s3 key somehow?

skygear
11-02-2010, 11:38 PM
The s3 key does not work an the New spider wraps because it needs a stronger magnet inside, so no it didn't work :( Could I somehow buy these http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BC61-N52&cat=168 and configure it inside my s3 key somehow?

yes also you can just make a completely new key and use it to try....
have you used an s3 to remove a spider before? all the ones i've encountered including the 3 alarms worked with the s3 key sometimes pressing in on the back clip is what helped... samething though.... order 16 of them! and
stack 4 a piece in this config. and try to use the steel plate on the rear.
o o
[+]_[+]
[-]_[-]

http://www.alphaworld.com/video-spiderwrap.asp watch all the vids from them!

ShadyLady
11-02-2010, 11:59 PM
Will an S3 key remove no name generic spider wraps? I've seen grey ones & they weren't alpha.

Scizorist
11-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Will an S3 key remove no name generic spider wraps? I've seen grey ones & they weren't alpha.

Is this the wrap you're talking about? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOaXO-VtnME.

If so it's called Boxguard http://www.dragon-guard.com/boxguardalarm.html and it looks like he uses some sort of countersunk detatcher in the video to remove it.

ShadyLady
11-03-2010, 12:07 AM
Is this the wrap you're talking about? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOaXO-VtnME.

If so it looks like he uses some sort of countersunk detatcher in the video to remove it.

Yes, thanks.

Shadowz0r
11-03-2010, 12:19 AM
You know what.. i ended up buying the product that the spider wrap was in and it turned out that the employee couldn't get it off either because the clip was jammed. My bad! I will be trying the new configure of magnets in my old key so it will be able to open up products thats on the bottom of this page http://www.americantheftprevention.com/Alpha-Super-XT-Detacher-p172.html. Do you think i can stack these magnets inside my old s3 key instead? http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BC14-N52&cat=168
Because they are 1/2 the price :) im not sure if it converts (i hate math)

skygear
11-03-2010, 05:55 AM
You know what.. i ended up buying the product that the spider wrap was in and it turned out that the employee couldn't get it off either because the clip was jammed. My bad! I will be trying the new configure of magnets in my old key so it will be able to open up products thats on the bottom of this page http://www.americantheftprevention.com/Alpha-Super-XT-Detacher-p172.html. Do you think i can stack these magnets inside my old s3 key instead? http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BC14-N52&cat=168
Because they are 1/2 the price :) im not sure if it converts (i hate math)

nope! they'll fit but the pullforce is less... i think wee ned someone who works retail to take the sticker off and measure them!.. or a Balls to the wall individual to snag one cutting the cable. if someone got ahold of one i'd deffinately compensate them for the key!

i would dissassemble it and test the magnets/ dimentions/ pullforce/ polarity and find the appropriate mags to make a few! also once we check out 1 i could produce a bunch and comp anyone who contributed to the project...

so someone could get paid fro a key and i would send one in return to them once tested!

https://www.americantheftprevention.com/images/products/770.jpg https://www.americantheftprevention.com/uploads/image/Alpha%20XT%20Key%20in%20use.jpg https://www2.corecommerce.com/~americanthef703/uploads/alpha%20s3%20logo.jpg

skygear
11-03-2010, 06:07 AM
looking at the key from a few pics, it looks like they just cut an s3 down like i do, and that little tail on the right looks like it might contain a sensor tag. but for shure they used another stronger set of Magnets!

i'm going to post an add in the for sale/trade section

Shadowz0r
11-03-2010, 08:06 AM
Is there a way for me to rep you skygear? You went above and beyond to help me, which is very very very appreciated. I'm doing exactly what you did, which is cutting my s3 key down to just the magnet part so its in a case that wont let the mags flip or crack. Here is the final question im looking for.

s3 Alpha Key Magnet Dimensions = 3/4 x 3/8 x 1/4
Stacking Magnets #1 for 48c each = 3/4 x 1/16 x 1/4
Stacking Magnets #2 for 85c each = 3/4 x 3/8 x 1/16

Is it possible to convert both magnet sets #1 and #2 to create the s3 Alpha dimensions? If they both work could you please tell me which one would be cheaper please? I'm absolutely TERRIBLE with fractions. Thank You :D

Shadowz0r
11-03-2010, 08:13 AM
Alright I took my shot at doing these fractions and calculating and please correct me if im wrong because there are no return on these bad boys :P

I would need to buy 24 magnets for set #1, which would equal $11.52 (It looks like this is the practical choice and I heard more stacked mags are stronger, correct?)
or I would need to buy 16 magnets for set #2 which would equal $13.60

Now that that is settled, with all these magnets that would need stacking is it still possible to Configure them correctly with the poles to work inside a s3 Alpha Key?

skygear
11-03-2010, 08:22 AM
s3 Alpha Key Magnet Dimensions = 3/4 x 3/8 x 1/4
Stacking Magnets #1 for 48c each = 3/4 x 1/16 x 1/4
Stacking Magnets #2 for 85c each = 3/4 x 3/8 x 1/16

are you sure #1 is correct? remember (length x width x height)

theres a thanks button to the right hand of your screen next to the quote box...

personally i would go with the #2 case scinero and the poles wont be an issue ask these jokers your ordering from to mark the poles for you

are they N52? @ the prices you quoted those look more like N42

skygear
11-03-2010, 08:31 AM
Alright I took my shot at doing these fractions and calculating and please correct me if im wrong because there are no return on these bad boys :P

I would need to buy 24 magnets for set #1, which would equal $11.52 (It looks like this is the practical choice and I heard more stacked mags are stronger, correct?)
or I would need to buy 16 magnets for set #2 which would equal $13.60

Now that that is settled, with all these magnets that would need stacking is it still possible to Configure them correctly with the poles to work inside a s3 Alpha Key?

http://thesuperinch.com/ is your best friend when it comes to fractions

also if you are going to buy magnets just DOUBLE your order to get the better discount! and if your 16 isn't strong enough... you have more you can add later! or make a second one as a backup!

in the tut that shady quoted above http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BX084%2DN52&cat=168 those might be the best solution! you cant fit them in the s3 key but it appears they do all the alpha products! after getting a redirected by malice... i still like the idea of UPGRADING the S3 though!

REDUNDANCY is what the difference between living and dying

Shadowz0r
11-03-2010, 08:55 AM
http://thesuperinch.com/ is your best friend when it comes to fractions

also if you are going to buy magnets just DOUBLE your order to get the better discount! and if your 16 isn't strong enough... you have more you can add later! or make a second one as a backup!

REDUNDANCY is what the difference between living and dying
Yeah, im not afraid to put in a little extra money. It would be lame on my part to buy bulk extra magnets and have it not be able to fit in my s3 key you know? Now im trying to find the pull force between Set #1 and Set #2 magnets... God help me lol
I looked up on the bulk package if i bought more and it turns out i only save like 60c or something like that :/

skygear
11-03-2010, 09:02 AM
You dummy, the homemade S3 key with N52 magnets has enough power to remove the XT tags, ScumBag mentioned it before.

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/neomaginfo.asp

There's nothing special about it! The older tags could be removed with weaker grade neodymium magnets because the ones used in the detacher were weaker. You could use N42 magnets and they would still work on the old tags.

http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=142778 is where i listed a wanted add and heres the magnets http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BX084%2DN52&cat=168 again they say to use 4, i say order itleast 8

and the skin tone spraypaint imho is best it looks like an earaser when your done

Shadowz0r
11-04-2010, 02:24 AM
http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=142778 is where i listed a wanted add and heres the magnets http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BX084%2DN52&cat=168 again they say to use 4, i say order itleast 8

and the skin tone spraypaint imho is best it looks like an earaser when your done
I already bought those 4 magnets and am able to use them. Ill just buy set #2 i suppose and put it inside my s3. Its just for the extra protection and ease. SWIM would rather get in and get in .. seconds matter u know

ShadyLady
11-04-2010, 03:31 AM
Written by Scumbag:

johnsuebarret it is not my intention to be a Dick to you.
You have posted information that is not entirely correct so I will help you out by showing you the error of your ways.
Any tag that is rectangular and much flatter than it is high like:
http://www.securitytagstore.com/admin/uploadedfiles/Micro%20Gator%20Tag.jpg
will most likely contain one of these inside it:
http://www.timeaccessinc.com/eas/images/zldrs2.jpg

All of these can be disabled by attaching a strong magnet to them while going through the Sensormatic towers. I believe that just rubbing it a few times may do the trick too, but it is safest to just keep it attached while walking out the door.
You are correct with this info … the tags use Acoustic Magnetism to work. This is a simple understanding of the system { HERE (http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/gadgets/high-tech-gadgets/anti-shoplifting-device5.htm)}. Of course I suggest a Google on the subject to get a thorough understanding of how it works, but this web site gives you the basics.

An AM soft tag can be deactivated by rubbing a magnet over it. Not the hard tags like the Gator Tag you have pictured. You would have to rub the tag about 20 times to do this and then you would know if it worked until it was too late. The easiest way to deactivate the soft tag, other then removing it is to place a needle into and through the tag. Stopping inside the middle to scramble / tear the inside metal strips.

You are correct that holding / placing a strong enough magnet on the out side of a hard / soft tag with keep it from working.
If you can get your hands on one of the copper coils that can be seen in the bottom left of the alpha case in this picture:
https://www2.corecommerce.com/~americanthef703/uploads/ACM202B.jpg
You can use this coil to keep other coils from setting off the towers by placing it right next to the coil that is in the case of whatever you want to get. However, you probably won't need this because most of the cases that contain these coils can easily be opened with magnets that you can buy on eBay.
You are correct that the cases are easy to open with magnets placed over the locking mechanism. Where you fail is that by placing two coils together would nullify the alarm towers. If this was true then I could remove two of the cases from the store by aligning the coils in the case together and walking out … cant be done. The coils would have to make contact in order for this to work. That’s kind of hard to do with plastic between them.
Where the coils do come in handy is, if you have two of them, you can keep them separate as you walk into a store. This will cause you to beep and the shopkeepers will take note of this. When you have got your items you put the coils together so that they will not set off the alarm. This way, if the alarm does go off because you missed a tag on the merchandise, the shopkeepers will most likely just wave you through because you beeped on the way in...This gives you an extra layer of security.
This is of course a valid scam that I have written about in the Shoplifters Guide. (http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showpost.php?p=1815961&postcount=2)

Bag Alarm
This works best in Mall stores. You walk into a store with a bag of items from another store. Inside the bag is a concealed active security tag that will trigger the security alarm towers at the entrance of the store. Make a big deal out of it and make sure an employee notices that it was you that trigger the gates as you entered. Comment that there must be something from another store in their bag that triggered the gates. Ask them if they want to hold onto your bag while you shop and just pick it up on the way out. Find the items you want and conceal them on your body. If you still have your bag you may want to put items underneath the items you brought in. Remember though an alert staff may want to look into your bag as you leave. Before you leave find the employee that saw you come in tell them that as you go out you might set of the alarms again. When you trigger the gates again, just keep on walking.

False Alarm
Have a friend enter the store a few minutes before you do and act as if you do not know each. You collect the items that you wish to take while your friend gets a few low dollar items and purchases them. As they leave the store you will walk out right behind them. As they reach the alarm towers have them hesitate before you walk through setting off the alarm. You discreetly keep on walking while your friend stops and draws all the attention by looking confused with the bags. They should be very co-operative and happily opens all of their bags for the employee to see yet nothing they have will triggers the gates again. Give an explanation of the False Alarm by saying that it must be cell phone interference.
As I have said … I am not here to dog you, but if you post info that could get someone busted, I will call you out. I just failed at how I handled your post … I should have corrected you at that time.

Enjoy Retail Redistribution.!.

Malice is correct … a little more info.

The tag you are looking at does require a regular magnetic detacher.
https://www.americantheftprevention.com/images/products/544.jpghttp://www.catalyst-direct.co.uk/catalyst_french/products/OTD81.jpg
You can buy one or trade vinipooh (http://vpeasaccessories.myshopify.com/) for one of his SUPERLOC X2. (http://vpeasaccessories.myshopify.com/products/superloc-x2)

Your other option is THIS (http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=DX8C%2DN52&cat=168) from K&J Magnets.

I will warn you … this is one bad ass magnet. When you buy a detacher from Vinipooh it will be incased in aluminum and is a whole hell of a lot easier to handle. It is a little bigger and heavier then the raw magnet. I would recommend wrapping any high powered magnet in a copper or aluminum sheet to help with handling. You can acquire these sheets at any hobby store that sells doll house shit.

How does a ball clutch work … Placing the magnet onto the bump of the tag will pull the spring releasing the balls that were locking the pin in place.
http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad165/Scumbag_Pea/ScumBags%20Security%20Pics/Tools/InkTagBreakDown.png

How an Alpha Lock Works … Placing the magnet on top of the locking pins will pull them upward allowing you to slide the latch releasing and disabling the lock.
http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad165/Scumbag_Pea/ScumBags%20Security%20Pics/Alpha/alphalocks.png

What is the difference between an Alpha S3 lock and an XT Super lock …
Magnification - the XT needs a stronger magnet. This is why I recommend 2 of THESE (http://kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BX084%2DN52&cat=168) magnets when building your homemade S3 key.

The new XT Super Detacher
http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad165/Scumbag_Pea/ScumBags%20Security%20Pics/Alpha/s3-keys.gif

Alpha 3 Alarm Extreme Tag (http://www.gateway-portugal.com/ficheiros/catalogos_produtos/extreme_3_alarm_tag.pdf)
[CENTER]Does This Help.?.

skygear
11-04-2010, 03:35 AM
get some pics up of your process and if you need help let me know. remember ask them to mark the poles for you!

Shadowz0r
11-05-2010, 03:40 AM
get some pics up of your process and if you need help let me know. remember ask them to mark the poles for you!

the magnets were supposed to arrive today but didn't.. i suppose ill blame the mail carrier. the company emailed me on the best ways to find out the polarities. ill post what they sent a bit later for everyone else to utilize

Shadowz0r
11-05-2010, 03:45 AM
I tried searching but is there any word on the Alpha Showsafe removal or the things attached to Camcorders etc like at wal mart? It looks like there might be a funky screw to take out below but surely that's not the only security they have on a Camcorder to prevent its theft ><

skygear
11-05-2010, 03:46 AM
the magnets were supposed to arrive today but didn't.. i suppose ill blame the mail carrier. the company emailed me on the best ways to find out the polarities. ill post what they sent a bit later for everyone else to utilize

lol did they tell you to use the compas method? thats the way i always used but i dont remommend it for everyone...

Shadowz0r
11-05-2010, 03:34 PM
There are several simple methods that can be used to identify the (Scientific) North and South poles of neodymium magnets.
1) The easiest way is to use another magnet that is already marked. The North pole of the marked magnet will be attracted to the South pole of the unmarked magnet.
2) If you take an even number of magnets and pinch a string in the middle of the stack and dangle the magnets so they can freely rotate on the string, the North pole of the magnets will eventually settle pointing North. This actually contradicts the "opposites attract" rule of magnetism, but the naming convention of the poles is a carry over from the old days when the poles were called the "North-seeking" and "South-seeking" poles. These were shortened over time to the "North" and "South" poles that we know them as.
3) If you have a compass handy, the end of the needle that normally points North will be attracted to the South pole of the neodymium magnet.

Shadowz0r
11-05-2010, 03:35 PM
If you don't understand polarity etc about magnets go here http://www.kjmagnetics.com/blog/index.php/2010/02/02/which-pole-is-north/

Shadowz0r
11-07-2010, 05:18 AM
yay the magnets arrived late today and im ready to go to work! i cant seem to find adequate backing for the mags. the best thing i found was a piece of sheet metal from the home depot. and ideas guys/gals for the metal backing on the key?

skygear
11-07-2010, 07:27 AM
yay the magnets arrived late today and im ready to go to work! i cant seem to find adequate backing for the mags. the best thing i found was a piece of sheet metal from the home depot. and ideas guys/gals for the metal backing on the key?

go to your local cell phone store and ask for an old dummy phone... they will happily give you one for free. crack it open and get the metal sheets that they weigh them down with and toss the rest!

ShadyLady
11-07-2010, 02:22 PM

Scumbag used to use this sheeting material. He said he found it at stores that carried doll house shit.

Shadowz0r
11-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Awesome guys thanks! With your tool do you put two dots on there to align it up with the alpha stuff or it it easy to just forget the dots and do it? i found that a lot of alpha products do not have 2 dots to align the key up with anyway

Scizorist
11-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Awesome guys thanks! With your tool do you put two dots on there to align it up with the alpha stuff or it it easy to just forget the dots and do it? i found that a lot of alpha products do not have 2 dots to align the key up with anyway

You're right some don't like the alpha keepers, you'll know you've found the right spot once you start to hear the clicking. From there you just gotta keep playing with it till you find the right spot and it opens up. My friend made a magic bag and puts the entire keepers in it and found out at home the exact spot to put the key onto.

Shadowz0r
11-08-2010, 01:47 AM
You're right some don't like the alpha keepers, you'll know you've found the right spot once you start to hear the clicking. From there you just gotta keep playing with it till you find the right spot and it opens up. My friend made a magic bag and puts the entire keepers in it and found out at home the exact spot to put the key onto.

is there anyway that guy would like to upload some pics or give an explanation? ive done a spider before but any keepers. and yes.. i saw the video on the alpha website. i've seen a wierd mini spider wrap and both sides were round with a picture of the spider on one side and the other side was the one with a blinking light. any ideas on that one?

Floppy Ham Sandwich
11-10-2010, 10:18 AM
I remember seeing a couple of images on how to arrange the rectangular magnets to effectively make an s3 key a while ago. The jesusnacho photobucket account is banned, or unavailable or whatever now. Does anybody still have those images? It would be a really big help for me

Let me know if you still have the pictures

ShadyLady
11-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Do a search next time. There are tons of threads on that subject.

Floppy Ham Sandwich
11-11-2010, 06:19 AM
Do a search next time. There are tons of threads on that subject.

All the threads that I can find are old and the links are all broken. The image I'm talking about was so simple and easy to understand, and I can't find a mirrored copy.

Does anybody have it?

Shadowz0r
11-11-2010, 07:50 PM
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK MOTHER LOVING FUCKING FUCKER FUCK.....AHSWGLOASHLGENA;OGHAGH!!!!!!!
I bought the n52 mags and used them a few times but i took them out of the electrical tape i had to make a pic by pic guide on how to assemble and make a detacher with a metal backing and 2 of the magnets flipped and cracked in half... when magnets crack they cant be reassembled because those that cracked have their own polarity and will be repelled where it origionally was. FUCKING CRAP PEOPLE!!! last time i try to make a picture guide with magnets -_- ... the only good thing is that i just went ahead and bought a real s3 detacher from a guy in the US California inland empire for 60usd and cut it down to the essentials and now i have to say its a lot easier to open spider wraps but i still lost 15$ on magnets -_- fuck me....... :mad:
shoud i post pics for the hell of it?

Fuck "Fuck Fuck" Fuck
11-11-2010, 08:36 PM
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK MOTHER LOVING FUCKING FUCKER FUCK.....AHSWGLOASHLGENA;OGHAGH!!!!!!!
I bought the n52 mags and used them a few times but i took them out of the electrical tape i had to make a pic by pic guide on how to assemble and make a detacher with a metal backing and 2 of the magnets flipped and cracked in half... when magnets crack they cant be reassembled because those that cracked have their own polarity and will be repelled where it origionally was. FUCKING CRAP PEOPLE!!! last time i try to make a picture guide with magnets -_- ... the only good thing is that i just went ahead and bought a real s3 detacher from a guy in the US California inland empire for 60usd and cut it down to the essentials and now i have to say its a lot easier to open spider wraps but i still lost 15$ on magnets -_- fuck me....... :mad:
shoud i post pics for the hell of it?

You called?

skygear
11-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Sorry that happened... Remember I told you to get extra! Post it anyways just to get the practice in!

FUCK- you never cease to amuse me!

skygear
11-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Anyone still use BOLT CUTTERS for anything? I got a great method of making an 18" set pocket sized.... Will post picke from start to finish if interested!

Shadowz0r
11-11-2010, 10:52 PM
lol fuck
and yes sky i remember u said to get more but f me.. i already had the mags all in tape and whatnot and i try to share the wealth for the zok members and wham, the fucker broke! -_- last time i ever try to help anyone again.... (j/p)
looks like my camera cable is krusty krap and stopped working on me today.. oh well. looks like ill be taking pics from my 3 year old phone

skygear
11-11-2010, 11:12 PM
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6460/img2010111100039.jpg (http://img299.imageshack.us/i/img2010111100039.jpg/)http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/8757/img2010111100040.jpg (http://img600.imageshack.us/i/img2010111100040.jpg/)http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9991/img2010111100041.jpg (http://img10.imageshack.us/i/img2010111100041.jpg/)http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7302/img2010111100042.jpg (http://img221.imageshack.us/i/img2010111100042.jpg/)
simple process
get a drill
drill bit- larger than the indent on the back of the handle
take the boltcutters and drill out the 2 indents on the handles
remove the plastic contoure handles
dip them in tool dip and texture for a no print finish! you could also dip the wet handles in fine sand for a better grip

Scizorist
11-12-2010, 01:02 AM
Today my friend used his magic bag on a spider wrapped item, he left through the towers without alarming. When he got home to his surprise he noticed that it was actually a 2-alarm (self alarming + blinking LED) spider wrap. He assumed it was the 1-alarm one inside the store and wasn't paying attention. Anyways just wanted to share this info.

ShadyLady
11-12-2010, 01:06 AM
Today my friend used his magic bag on a spider wrapped item, he left through the towers without alarming. When he got home to his surprise he noticed that it was actually a 2-alarm (self alarming + blinking LED) spider wrap. He assumed it was the 1-alarm one inside the store and wasn't paying attention. Anyways just wanted to share this info.

Just an fyi, the 3 alarm spider wraps supposedly go off after going through towers even if taken out of the store in a magic bag.

Scizorist
11-12-2010, 01:22 AM
Just an fyi, the 3 alarm spider wraps supposedly go off after going through towers even if taken out of the store in a magic bag.

The only difference between the 2-alarm and 3-alarm is that the 3-alarm alarms if you tamper with it (tug and pull on it). I think it depends on how strong of a signal the tower gives off, I remember in one of vinni's posts he was talking about changing tower's sensitivity when he was doing magic bag tests.

Shadowz0r
11-13-2010, 09:47 AM
has anyone figured out what that material was called thats better than foil for a magic bag? i remember reading it earlier on tools of the trade but just stopped without resolution :/

so timmy figured he could make a jammer for the frequencies but will this for sure set off the alarm since its not hard to sense a jammer?

Shadowz0r
11-17-2010, 01:44 AM
Sorry shady but i have no clue where to put this so i'll let you remove it/place it wherever you want. I have been searching high and low on how to get hands on a Alpha Security XT key to open they new clothe tags they have. Granted that no one really has them that i know of other than Nordstrom by where i live. I was talking to my friend timmy and he said what the hell... wouldn't hurt to try the regular (REAL Alpha Security S3) key (that im selling btw) and it worked on this http://www.americantheftprevention.com/Extreme-Ink-Tag-p110.html. When you align the detacher up Timmy said to wiggle it a little and push/pull gently and it pops off ez... got it in less than 5 seconds. to alpha security... /fail

skygear
11-17-2010, 04:03 AM
good job! i agree with the statement... i had a few of the xt tags to play with and it seemed the new tags even after playing with them did nothing... now some that had been used a few hundred times with a little tug and pull came apart with a little help.

tRuEbLuELdY
11-17-2010, 01:50 PM
hello peepz... How can u find out if the magnets for s3 key are strong enough? I got some from home depot and i also have the one the you find on lil motors

theshadowfax
11-17-2010, 04:57 PM
simple process
get a drill
drill bit- larger than the indent on the back of the handle
take the boltcutters and drill out the 2 indents on the handles
remove the plastic contoure handles
dip them in tool dip and texture for a no print finish! you could also dip the wet handles in fine sand for a better grip

Forgive me if I'm incorrect and everything, but isn't the length of the handles what enables bolt cutters to be effective? The handles provide leverage to help close them harder on the metal of what they're cutting.

Idk I could be wrong I just know that in some instances, leverage is needed and is given by longer handles etc.

ShadyLady
11-17-2010, 05:44 PM
:) hello peepz... How can u find out if the magnets for s3 key are strong enough? I got some from home depot and i also have the one the you find on lil motors..

Please don't type in douchy fonts. It's hard on the eyes. Thanks.

skygear
11-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Forgive me if I'm incorrect and everything, but isn't the length of the handles what enables bolt cutters to be effective? The handles provide leverage to help close them harder on the metal of what they're cutting.

Idk I could be wrong I just know that in some instances, leverage is needed and is given by longer handles etc.

100% correct, the handles are what enable the effectiveness of bolt cutters the leverage you get to apply preasure on th cuttend head

I didnt say get rid of the handles. Once you drill the retaining pin they slide on and off. Slide them apart and put them in your pocket/kit/bag/box, when you need to use them REASSEMBLE! When the task at hand is finished, break them back down again, and conceal.

theshadowfax
11-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Ohhh, my bad, I just misread :D

Nice find then!

Logical
11-17-2010, 07:49 PM
If you want to be sure of your handmade s3 key, just test it on a alpha tag:

sold on ebay:http://cgi.befr.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250729118481&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Floppy Ham Sandwich
11-23-2010, 02:38 AM
good job! i think this should be merged with the clothing lifting thread! but i agree with the statement... i had a few of the xt tags to play with and it seemed the new tags even after playing with them did nothing... now some that had been used a few hundred times with a little tug and pull came apart with a little help.

No, please don't merge this thread with the clothing lifting thread. I love that there's different threads for different things, because when you merge all the shoplifting threads together, it makes it so fucking hard to find things.

ShadyLady
11-23-2010, 04:24 AM
No, please don't merge this thread with the clothing lifting thread. I love that there's different threads for different things, because when you merge all the shoplifting threads together, it makes it so fucking hard to find things.

skygear wasn't referring to Tools of the Trade. There was another thread that I merged into this one. The posts in it were really good so I also copied them over to The Clothing Lifting Thread. No worries. :)

Ben Katz
11-24-2010, 04:12 AM
I was just at a store today testing out my magnets with those "alpha keepers" and wasn't having much success...When I put the magnet on the lid, I was listening for a click and heard plenty of them; it actually sounded more like something was rolling around inside there; but I could be wrong. I didn't have any luck and I was just practicing.

I can faintly remember seeing a video posted where someone shows how to use a magnet to open an alpha keeper, but I have looked up and down on these forums and have had no luck. Does anyone have any vids or advice on how to use my magnets? (besides just buying an s3 key...thanks!)

Scizorist
11-24-2010, 04:19 AM
I was just at a store today testing out my magnets with those "alpha keepers" and wasn't having much success...When I put the magnet on the lid, I was listening for a click and heard plenty of them; it actually sounded more like something was rolling around inside there; but I could be wrong. I didn't have any luck and I was just practicing.

I can faintly remember seeing a video posted where someone shows how to use a magnet to open an alpha keeper, but I have looked up and down on these forums and have had no luck. Does anyone have any vids or advice on how to use my magnets? (besides just buying an s3 key...thanks!)

There's plenty of videos on the alpha site: http://www.alphaworld.com/alpha-security-products-video-home.asp

I can open them fine with my homemade s3. You can actually sorta see where to line your key up with if you look at the bottom part of the lid through the plastic, you'll see a rectangular indentation in it, that's where I line my key up with at the top. After you hear a bunch of clicks just slide the latch and open it.

I dunno maybe your magnet isn't sufficient. What magnets are you using?

Ben Katz
11-24-2010, 06:36 AM
There's plenty of videos on the alpha site: http://www.alphaworld.com/alpha-security-products-video-home.asp

I can open them fine with my homemade s3. You can actually sorta see where to line your key up with if you look at the bottom part of the lid through the plastic, you'll see a rectangular indentation in it, that's where I line my key up with at the top. After you hear a bunch of clicks just slide the latch and open it.

I dunno maybe your magnet isn't sufficient. What magnets are you using?

What exactly did you do for your "homemade" handkey?

I'm using neodynium magnets; however, I'm not sure about the strength....

Scizorist
11-24-2010, 06:40 AM
What exactly did you do for your "homemade" handkey?

I'm using neodynium magnets; however, I'm not sure about the strength....

[+ -][+ -]
[- +][- +]

skygear
11-24-2010, 06:38 PM
you got it with the magnets! those should open even the XT tags

breaker1294
11-24-2010, 10:59 PM
i just got done reading the replies on those spiderwrap screamers and i believe you guys are complicating your moves when you plan things like that. what i do and it never fails is i go in there with a tube or two of those little bitty super glue squirters and i just empty it inside those little bitty holes for the screamer speakers. then i put the item back in the shelf and somehow bury it with the others. i leave and come back the next day. that super glue is hard as a rock and not too many things vibrate in that condition. then just cut away with those cables.

Scizorist
11-25-2010, 03:40 AM
i just got done reading the replies on those spiderwrap screamers and i believe you guys are complicating your moves when you plan things like that. what i do and it never fails is i go in there with a tube or two of those little bitty super glue squirters and i just empty it inside those little bitty holes for the screamer speakers. then i put the item back in the shelf and somehow bury it with the others. i leave and come back the next day. that super glue is hard as a rock and not too many things vibrate in that condition. then just cut away with those cables.

I don't understand how this make it any easier than unlocking it with a magnet.

skygear
11-25-2010, 04:06 AM
the superglue method is leaving a trail! get poped in the act or on camera with that method and they will try to crucify you! unless your lifting those superglue packs, that gets costly., I can imagine an employee or LP walking down an isle while the glue is cureing. The smell from the superglue is unmistakeable. Mabey they found one before and now they smell another one. They would probably extra source tag it and then alert all employees or LP to monitor that item. When you return, not knowing the items being watched, they let you do your dirt, you walk out and old smokey's waiting for you!

Malice
11-25-2010, 05:44 AM
What's the superglue method?

skygear
11-25-2010, 06:53 AM
Malice

Floppy Ham Sandwich
11-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Malice

I was thinking, does anybody know if you could use a neo magnet to silence the scream on the spider wrap? If you put a neo magnet on a speaker, it holds the speaker to your magnet, so the speaker can't move. This might silence the scream, so you can lift the whole box with the spiderwrap on it. The only problem is that the eas gates would go off, but you can deal with that easily enough.

This would be useful if you're having trouble using a home-made s3 key and you need a bit of practice at home.

skygear
11-25-2010, 01:08 PM
no! the voice coil is copper so the magnet would have no effect on it...
http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~unvvu/speaker1.jpg
the piezo speakers have no moving parts
http://www.instructables.com/image/FQVSIZYF9056YL3/Piezo-speaker.jpg
piezo buzzers again have no moving parts
http://www.allproducts.com/manufacture100/kepo/product1.jpg

Ben Katz
11-25-2010, 06:03 PM

Do you put a pie on the window sill to cool as well?

Ben Katz
11-25-2010, 06:08 PM

[+ -][+ -]
[- +][- +]

obviously, you know what you are doing; however, does wrapping a magnet in electrical tape weaken its magnetism?

Also, is there a bit of space between the two pairs of magnets? From the pictures, it seems like there is about a 2 or 3 centimeter gap between the sets.

Thanks for your help, by the way.

Scizorist
11-25-2010, 06:50 PM
obviously, you know what you are doing; however, does wrapping a magnet in electrical tape weaken its magnetism?

Nope, magnets can't be weakened by material. The electrical tape is just for protecting the magnets from impacts with other objects, also makes it easier to handle.

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/FAQ.asp#shield
http://www.kjmagnetics.com/FAQ.asp#protect

Also, is there a bit of space between the two pairs of magnets? From the pictures, it seems like there is about a 2 or 3 centimeter gap between the sets.

Thanks for your help, by the way.

And no there's no space, they're completely stuck/touching to each other.

skygear
11-26-2010, 05:24 AM
A real S3 key does have a space between But this config works also!
[+]_[-]
[-]_[+]

wheras _ = space

Felony
11-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Would it be worth it for someone to jack the s3 key from where they work? An actual Alpha S3 Key nobody every uses?

gusboy
11-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Would it be worth it for someone to jack the s3 key from where they work? An actual Alpha S3 Key nobody every uses?

I don't recommend stealing SL equipment from your own employer because they will notice and they will try to find out who did it. An LP will go over every second of video footage of you for every day you ever worked in the store if they found out you took a detacher because they'll know you are a lifter.

skygear
11-27-2010, 01:58 AM

Just remember that there is SENSOR IN THEM THAT YOU CANT DEACTIVATE!.
so if you decide to get one make sure you bring the proper bit to open it and remove the coil! I'm sure you aren't going to work at the place for ever... Take advantage of the situation and look to the future! It can come in handy!

Floppy Ham Sandwich
11-27-2010, 06:36 AM
Just remember that there is SENSOR IN THEM THAT YOU CANT DEACTIVATE!.
so if you decide to get one make sure you bring the proper bit to open it and remove the coil! I'm sure you aren't going to work at the place for ever... Take advantage of the situation and look to the future! It can come in handy!

If you want to get it out of the store, just put your hands above your head and pretend to stretch, at the same time as you're walking out the eas gates, effectively carrying the key over the gate's rf field.

Can someone confirm if this would work?

Malice
11-27-2010, 07:42 AM
It depends on the towers. There are some that only have about a 4 foot vertical range. Go to Alpha's and Checkpoint's websites and check.

Cryptik
11-28-2010, 04:29 PM

Yes. Simply wrap it in many layers of aluminum foil before exiting. That, or remove the coil inside it while in the bathroom or something. Or, if you could make a booster bag [pouch of ~25 layers of aluminum] and get it inside the store, just take it out that way.

ShadyLady
11-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Yes. Simply wrap it in many layers of aluminum foil before exiting. That, or remove the coil inside it while in the bathroom or something. Or, if you could make a booster bag [pouch of ~25 layers of aluminum] and get it inside the store, just take it out that way.

A better way would be to put it in a tin container. You can lift one from Michael's.

Floppy Ham Sandwich
11-29-2010, 12:30 AM
A better way would be to put it in a tin container. You can lift one from Michael's.

I'm pretty sure a tin container wouldn't block rf signals...

Scizorist
11-29-2010, 12:36 AM
I'm pretty sure a tin container wouldn't block rf signals...

I use an altoid container, I'm not sure it it's tin or not but it blocks both rf and am signals.

Floppy Ham Sandwich
11-29-2010, 12:40 AM
I use an altoid container, I'm not sure it it's tin or not but it blocks both rf and am signals.

What is an altoid container, like a biscuit tin?

Scizorist
11-29-2010, 12:42 AM
What is an altoid container, like a biscuit tin?

It's the container that holds altoid mints. You can find them at CVS and almost any other store.

http://www.mediabistro.com/unbeige/files/original/altoids.jpg

ms. pickle
11-29-2010, 01:06 AM

They're both made out of the same thing, steel.

Cryptik
11-29-2010, 02:11 AM
If you want to get it out of the store, just put your hands above your head and pretend to stretch, at the same time as you're walking out the eas gates, effectively carrying the key over the gate's rf field.

Can someone confirm if this would work?

It is very unlikely that this would work.
If it were to work, It'd be safe to assume that the towers are either deactivated, archaic, or set to very low sensitivity. They tend to have a pretty far reach in my experience.
You have to remember: the towers' signals extend in every direction.

ms. pickle
11-30-2010, 06:28 AM
My friend stan is curious, his super loc x2 magnet didn't work on this clothing tag and it has no opening for a hook or anything of that sort, it looks a bit like a pencil tag but maybe newer?

Stan wants to know if anyone knows how to remove it? Stan tried the x2 on 3 different ones just to be sure it wasn't that tag.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/joven_azucar/jpg.jpg

Floppy Ham Sandwich
11-30-2010, 07:42 AM
It's the container that holds altoid mints. You can find them at CVS and almost any other store.

http://www.mediabistro.com/unbeige/files/original/altoids.jpg
How the fuck do you fit things in there to lift?

My friend stan is curious, his super loc x2 magnet didn't work on this clothing tag and it has no opening for a hook or anything of that sort, it looks a bit like a pencil tag but maybe newer?

Stan wants to know if anyone knows how to remove it? Stan tried the x2 on 3 different ones just to be sure it wasn't that tag.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/joven_azucar/jpg.jpg

It's sensormatic, go have a look on their website. It can most likely be removed with a countersunk detatcher or even a couple of stacked n38 mags.

big-tony
12-01-2010, 02:19 AM

[+ -][+ -]
[- +][- +]

I just ordered 5 of these from that link.
What creative casings have you all found to put these magnets in?
I need ideas so I don't accidentally break them if they connect together.

For those of you wondering how to tell the North and South poles for the magnets (since it's important) here's a guide I found:

How do you detect the poles of a magnet using a compass?

The painted end of a compass needle (or, if not painted, the end with an arrowhead shape) will always point to the south-pole of a nearby magnet. The non-painted end will seek out the north pole of a nearby magnet.

If this seems the wrong way round, then here's the explanation:
The needle of a compass is itself a small magnet. One end of the needle is highlighted with paint to show that this is the end that points towards a place in Canada referred to as "the Earth's magnetic north pole". The magnet points to this place, not because there is lots of metal there, but because the Earth itself behaves like a huge magnet.

The end of any magnet which, if allowed to rotate freely, points to the Earth's magnetic north pole is called "the north-seeking pole" of the magnet, or simply "the magnet's north pole". The opposite end is called "the magnet's south-seeking pole", or simply its "south pole". Therefore, a magnet's south pole gets its name because it points towards the Earth's magnetic south pole, which is in Antarctica.

Now here's the tricky bit: opposite magnetic poles attract and like ones repel. It follows that, because the north pole of a magnet is attracted towards Canada, there must be a huge magnet with its south pole in Canada. Similarly, when the south pole of a magnet points towards Antarctica, this is because there is a huge magnet with its north pole in Antarctica. This means the Earth's magnetic poles, despite their names, are the opposite way round to the Earth's geographical poles, around which it rotates. All the confusion comes about because of the way we label the seeking-ends of a magnet.

Note that the Earth's magnetic poles are currently close to, but not coincident with, the points where the Earth's axis meets the Earth's surface, called the geographical poles. The magnetic poles of the Earth change position slowly with time and are known to have completely reversed on many occasions during the Earth's history!

Shadowz0r
12-01-2010, 09:59 AM
I just ordered 5 of these from that link.
What creative casings have you all found to put these magnets in?
I need ideas so I don't accidentally break them if they connect together.
When the mags arrive you can easily just attach them with your bare hands and wrap it with electrical tape. If you align the magnetically up correctly all 4 will go right into place perfectly and hold its shape as is. Just make sure you dont bump it to make the magnets flip on you before you get the electrical tape around it. I was at first paranoid about them shattering but it actually takes a lot for those to break.

Scizorist
12-01-2010, 07:28 PM
The magnets will only stick to each other one way! Why does everyone try and find the poles! I don't know if I'm missing something here.

ms. pickle
12-03-2010, 05:28 AM
It's sensormatic, go have a look on their website. It can most likely be removed with a countersunk detatcher or even a couple of stacked n38 mags.

But isn't the super loc x2 my friend uses stronger than a countersunk detacher?

skygear
12-03-2010, 06:11 AM
there is a 5 magnet swtup in the x2 - like an s3 its a key! its not how strong the whole magnet is, its HOW it pulls

big-tony
12-03-2010, 06:18 PM
ok, I went to Walmart last night and looked at a package with the wrap on it.

The face of it looks like this:
http://www.securitytagstore.com/admin/uploadedfiles/Spider%20Wrap.jpg

BUT the locking part is not a rectangle like in the picture, it's a circular type. Anybody know about these and if it's any different to unlock them?

Edit:

Just found one that looks like it here: http://www.alphaworld.com/images08/wraps-2-alarm-attack-spider.jpg

Floppy Ham Sandwich
12-03-2010, 06:28 PM
ok, I went to Walmart last night and looked at a package with the wrap on it.

The face of it looks like this:
http://www.securitytagstore.com/admin/uploadedfiles/Spider%20Wrap.jpg

BUT the locking part is not a rectangle like in the picture, it's a circular type. Anybody know about these and if it's any different to unlock them?

Edit:

Just found one that looks like it here: http://www.alphaworld.com/images08/wraps-2-alarm-attack-spider.jpg

If you had a real s3 key, you'd put the two ears of the key in those two little holes on the back of the spiderwrap. You need to practice using your homemade key, it's a lot harder using it since it doesn't have the ears (so therefore you don't necessarily know how to position it). There are a whole bunch of videos on alpha's website, go educate yourself.

Shadowz0r
12-03-2010, 06:33 PM
The magnets will only stick to each other one way! Why does everyone try and find the poles! I don't know if I'm missing something here.

Actually (and i don't know how) but before I used my real Alpha s3 Key my n52 mags poles weren't in correct configuration according to the guy in Ace that helped me find the correct configuration.

skygear
12-03-2010, 07:34 PM

correct they will only stick one way when in that config, however there is a space between the 2 sets so they can be put in a different config... each set pulls on the piece of metal in a different way causing it to flex

Tachosomoza
12-04-2010, 01:49 AM
Thought this was pretty cool..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOieVKB_kJM&feature=related

big-tony
12-04-2010, 08:59 PM
When the mags arrive you can easily just attach them with your bare hands and wrap it with electrical tape. If you align the magnetically up correctly all 4 will go right into place perfectly and hold its shape as is. Just make sure you dont bump it to make the magnets flip on you before you get the electrical tape around it. I was at first paranoid about them shattering but it actually takes a lot for those to break.

ok I got the magnets today and I've noticed the north and south poles are the top and bottom of the magnet and not on the ends so how are you suppose to do this configuration that has been posted:

[+ -] [+ -]
[- +] [- +]

from that diagram, it looks like you are depending on the ends of the magnets for the diagram. Ive done the compass test to see what was the north and south poles and the ends were all the same.

and what's the + and - stand for anyway? which is the north and which stands for south?

Edit:
I followed the diagram here: http://i49.tinypic.com/51v9nc.png

and it explains it better to me I guess so I have assembled this and will test later. :)

ms. pickle
12-07-2010, 07:01 AM
Stan wants to know what can take off this tag sensomatic ultra tag AT
http://www.sensormatic.com/Products/EAS/HardTags/HardTagsFamily/UltraTag_AT.aspx

without using the required ultra tag basic decoupler
http://www.sensormatic.com/products/eas/HardTags/HardTagsFamily/UltraTag_BasicDecoupler.aspx

also, the super loc x2 doesn't work on these tags. Would some N52 magnets maybe work?

Malice
12-07-2010, 07:31 AM
Oh shit, I've never seen those before. Someone should get their hands on that detacher and see what's inside it.

Shadowz0r
12-07-2010, 09:29 AM
it looks like it functions as a regular countersunk detacher just with a stupid key hole that somehow will not let someone lean over the counter and be able to take off a tag. no biggie

Malice
12-07-2010, 01:52 PM
According to ms.pickle the superloc doesn't work.

ShadyLady
12-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Stan wants to know what can take off this tag sensomatic ultra tag AT
http://www.sensormatic.com/Products/EAS/HardTags/HardTagsFamily/UltraTag_AT.aspx

without using the required ultra tag basic decoupler
http://www.sensormatic.com/products/eas/HardTags/HardTagsFamily/UltraTag_BasicDecoupler.aspx

also, the super loc x2 doesn't work on these tags. Would some N52 magnets maybe work?

The superloc can't remove ultra tags. The tags it can remove are listed on Vinni's site: http://vpeasaccessories.myshopify.com/products/superloc-x2

I would try magnets.

skygear
12-07-2010, 03:10 PM
i havent seen these locally and have an x2 if i run across them. Don't forget a little push pull helps release even the toughest tags. if all else fails, USE SOME SNIPS! Klein Tools 1104
http://images.drillspot.com/pimages/139/13999_300.jpg

ms. pickle
12-08-2010, 05:04 PM
i havent seen these locally and have an x2 if i run across them. Don't forget a little push pull helps release even the toughest tags. if all else fails, USE SOME SNIPS! Klein Tools 1104

How loud is the sound when cutting a tag off?

ShadyLady
12-08-2010, 05:53 PM

The description for the tags says: ''Defeat resistant design. The new sleek shape minimizes the abiltiy to attack by hand or with tools.''

skygear
12-08-2010, 07:41 PM
the sound is a distinct 'snap'
shady - your right1 the only issue is most employees dont atach them all the way! if you dont press the metal pin all the way into the detacher, then a vulnerable area exists.
Also if you pull and bend the pin a little then you created an attack point.
I feel detachers have only recently become a part of my buddies 'tool bin' with in the last year. for clothes itleast.
remember you can have the best alarm system in the world! but if you only lock the front door and forget to arm it, Its USELESS

ShadyLady
12-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Some info written by Scumbag regarding magnets:

:nono: Sorry Malice … I am a grumpy bitch at 3:30am.!.

To answer your question no my S3 key can not open ink / circle tags. It is not strong enough.
I have used * THIS (http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=DX0X0%2DN52)* and another larger N45 2”x ¾” cylinder magnet. You do not need a countersunk magnet to remove the ball and clasp tags found on the magnetic removal tags.

Here are some videos I want you to watch.
Ink tag (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gou9Sjsxl7M) … I want you to notice his drawing of the tags inside. This is a gate latch. When you place your magnet onto the bulb part it pulls the metal up … releasing the pin. This type of latch does not need a strong magnet. What type I don’t know … I have always used a strong magnet.
Gator tag (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRIqwSOeVXU)… works the same way … it is a gate latch. You can use a strong magnet to remove or you use brute strength to open it.
Hook tag (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKlJS7bq8EI)… this is the home made hook key.
Ball & Clasp Latch (http://www.mrports.com/2007/03/how-to-remove-security-ink-tag.html) … if you will scroll down to the bottom pictures … pic 20 … this will show you the inside and explain how it works.
Ball & Clasp Break Down (http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad165/Scumbag_Pea/ScumBags%20Security%20Pics/Tools/InkTagBreakDown.png)… this is a cut-a-way view … you place your magnet on the top … this will pull the spring back releasing the balls that were being forced against the pin … pull the pin out.

You do not need a countersunk or ring magnet to remove these magnets. The store detachers are counter sunk because it speeds up the checkout process. There is a break down on a store detacher posted in thread 1 or 2 … I don’t have time to look for it. If its in 1 then look on the Links page at the beginning of the thread.

Will someone please find it and post it.!.

Alpha Lock (http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad165/Scumbag_Pea/ScumBags%20Security%20Pics/Alpha/alphalocks.png) … I had figured out a while back that the Alpha lock did not need all 4 magnets to unlock it. The Real S3 key is narrow … so why wouldn’t the homemade version be also ... I used 2 magnets with no issues. Then I saw Montenlair’s video … and was like fuck. I could have saved money and pocket space if I known that a single N45 would work.

My Ace store nor any other in my area carries neodymium magnets. I have to order them off the net.
Will someone get the link from “Tools” about the Ace magnets.

This is why I want to start this sharing information on magnets. So that we are all on the same page and we can have the best inconspicuous tools for the job.

:D

Well Hell … I was wrong.!.

Leatherlace bought the magnet I recommended … {* THIS (http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BX0X08%2DN52&cat=168) *}
I have used it on these types of tags … {* THIS (http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad165/Scumbag_Pea/ScumBags%20Security%20Pics/Ink/assortedinktags.jpg) *} … {* THAT (http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad165/Scumbag_Pea/ScumBags%20Security%20Pics/Sensormatic/Stylus-tag.jpg) *} … {* THEM (http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad165/Scumbag_Pea/ScumBags%20Security%20Pics/Checkpoint/RFDomeTags.jpg) *} with no problems, except a little sticky sometimes, but always worked.

She tried it on … {* THIS (http://sensortags.net/used-tags/images/sensormaticinktag3.jpg)*} … and it did not work. I do not know if it is because the cone is larger.?.

I am not a magnet expert … I rarely remove cloths or use a mall for that purpose anymore.
I gave advice that is apparently wrong. This is why we need to discus magnets.

To clear up my other post … I use 2 of these magnets for my S3 key … {* THIS (http://kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BX084%2DN52&cat=168) *} not had any issues.

TLDR/ Opps … I Fucked Up.!. :facepalm:

EDIT: V7SQdzTJkEE

Scumbag, can you reccommend a magnet to get tags off of shit at nordstroms? Thanks man.

Obviously my first response is to pay vinipooh the $110 for the Superlock Detacher. If you are wanting to do a lot of ‘shopping’ then you need the right tools for the job.

* VP EAS ASSCERORIES * (http://vpeasaccessories.myshopify.com/products/superloc-x-pocket-magnet)

With that said - for the rest of us poor smucks there is a cheaper alterative. You need to purchase 2 of these magnets at $20 each. These magnets are no joke and are very strong. They will need to be double stacked for the strength you need.

* K&J MAGNETICS * (http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=DX88%2DN52&cat=168)

You will need to shield the magnets on the bottom and sides. This is nearly imposable for the bottom because of the axial magnetization. When you buy 2 they will ship with a spacer between them. Use this on the bottom with lots of electrical tape to help. You will never stop the magnetic force, but reducing it will help with handling it.

The spring structure of a super tag needs the strong magnetic pull to compress it so that the ball bearings on the inside will become loose thus freeing the pin.

If you stick this magnet to a metal surface good luck removing it. It will hold up to 250lbs before breaking loose.
:D

EDIT: I wrote all this bullshit assuming that they are using the Sensormatic Super tags 1 & 2.
I should have asked first - what fuck’n tags do they use at your store?

ms. pickle
12-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Some info written by Scumbag regarding magnets:

So for a knock off super loc you need 2 of the 148 lb pull force magnets : / , now since the super loc doesn't work on the sensormatic ultra tag how many would stan need to remove this awful tag? :confused:

Yeah we do need a magnet thread

ShadyLady
12-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Yeah we do need a magnet thread

I tried getting one going but it seems no one really knows much about magnets. : / When I have time, I'll try to work on this thread to update all the info & what not.

secret_squirrel
12-11-2010, 03:10 AM
After larking for a while (and lifting a few things), I "found" my first Alpha S3 key(free of course, just look and you'll find them). Went to a few places and tested it and I was on cloud 9 just thinking of all things I might acquire.. I'll keep you posted:: ]

Gotenham
12-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Ok so iv been following this thread for awhile and decided to give it a shot, this was about a month ago so iv had quit a bit of experience since then, anyways just to sum up the whole s3 key thing..
First of all theres no need to risk getting caught stealing one so thats outta the question plus it easy as to just make one, ull need four block neodymium 1' x 1/2' x 1/4' (i use metric but these are rounder figures) n42 (thats the strength) magnets to make the key, you dont need to bother with n52's as they are pretty hard to find plus lose their magnetism much faster then the stabler n42's. this size of magnet is also a standard so its not hard to find them. i got a little confused with the magnet config at first but what you need to understand is that the poles arnt on the end of the magnets but rather on the faces, ie one of the large flat surfaces will be north and the other side south not end to end like i thought, they need to be put together in a 2x2 square with + being the north face and - being the south face:
"
+-
-+
"
in this config they should hold together but i find using MASKING tape helps hold them together and gives them some texture to handle them with..

This is for a spider wrap:
to use the diy s3 key ull find most alpha security product(the company that pretty much dominates the merchandise security scene) have two "indents" in them somewhere, this is where the actual s3 key's nodes would be placed to line up the magnets and unlock it. as a rough guide each of the two nodes on the s3 key is roughly where the magnets inside are located so use this when trying to line up your home made version. your magnet square should sit just under the indents, you will know when your close because ull hear two clicks, then while the diy s3 is still in place press the sides where the wire goes into the back and it should slide out, and your done..

i find taking the thing your trying to get out of whatever its in just incase there is a hidden rfd from the factory hidden inside somewhere (better safe than sorry)

iv been meaning to write up a summary of all the bits i put together from this thread 4 a while but i also have a question, ive been looking at the "media display stands" (where they display the cameras and phones etc), after some research i found they use keys to disarm the alarms, they come like this:

http://www.alphaworld.com/pdf-01/Keys%2012.17.08.pdf

is there a way to re-create the master key somehow? also from what i gather the alarms are set off by a button that is depressed in the middle of the sticker thing being released, could you maybe slide a razor blade or something between the sticker and thing your trying to get to keep the button depressed? dont know how correct i am in all of this but any help is good to understanding how to get around it :)
Cheers

Gotenham
12-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Ok so iv been following this thread for awhile and decided to give it a shot, this was about a month ago so iv had quit a bit of experience since then, anyways just to sum up the whole s3 key thing..
First of all theres no need to risk getting caught stealing one so thats outta the question plus it easy as to just make one, ull need four block neodymium 1' x 1/2' x 1/4' (i use metric but these are rounder figures) n42 (thats the strength) magnets to make the key, you dont need to bother with n52's as they are pretty hard to find plus lose their magnetism much faster then the stabler n42's. this size of magnet is also a standard so its not hard to find them. i got a little confused with the magnet config at first but what you need to understand is that the poles arnt on the end of the magnets but rather on the faces, ie one of the large flat surfaces will be north and the other side south not end to end like i thought, they need to be put together in a 2x2 square with + being the north face and - being the south face:
"
+-
-+
"
in this config they should hold together but i find using MASKING tape helps hold them together and gives them some texture to handle them with..

This is for a spider wrap:
to use the diy s3 key ull find most alpha security product(the company that pretty much dominates the merchandise security scene) have two "indents" in them somewhere, this is where the actual s3 key's nodes would be placed to line up the magnets and unlock it. as a rough guide each of the two nodes on the s3 key is roughly where the magnets inside are located so use this when trying to line up your home made version. your magnet square should sit just under the indents, you will know when your close because ull hear two clicks, then while the diy s3 is still in place press the sides where the wire goes into the back and it should slide out, and your done..

i find taking the thing your trying to get out of whatever its in just incase there is a hidden rfd from the factory hidden inside somewhere (better safe than sorry)

iv been meaning to write up a summary of all the bits i put together from this thread 4 a while but i also have a question, ive been looking at the "media display stands" (where they display the cameras and phones etc), after some research i found they use keys to disarm the alarms, they come like this:

http://www.alphaworld.com/pdf-01/Keys%2012.17.08.pdf

is there a way to re-create the master key somehow? also from what i gather the alarms are set off by a button that is depressed in the middle of the sticker thing being released, could you maybe slide a razor blade or something between the sticker and thing your trying to get to keep the button depressed? dont know how correct i am in all of this but any help is good to understanding how to get around it :)
Cheers

Ben Katz
01-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Does anyone know if this could be used for anything else? (besides keeper boxes?) The product description states:

"Hand key with lanyard for unlocking Alpha S3 security cases"

However, this sure looks like every other s3 key I've seen that can open spider wraps and other miscellaneous alpha products.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Here's a link to the site:

http://www.shopbrodart.com/supplies/security/media-cases/_/Alpha-S3-Security-Key/?q=alpha

Scizorist
01-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Does anyone know if this could be used for anything else? (besides keeper boxes?) The product description states:

However, this sure looks like every other s3 key I've seen that can open spider wraps and other miscellaneous alpha products.

http://www.shopbrodart.com/supplies/security/media-cases/_/Alpha-S3-Security-Key/?q=alpha

It can also open spider wraps, alpha hooks, and some lanyard wire clothing tags. Also you cant order the S3 key off that site.

mcdouble
01-03-2011, 07:05 PM

Tried going through them recently, and they emailed me asking for a copy of my business license before they would process the order.

----------------------------

Sorry, missed the point of this post. That will open all Alpha S3 products like Scizorist said.

Malice
01-03-2011, 07:46 PM
I wonder if they actually verify whether it's real. I'm sure you could find a picture of what a business license looks like online and photoshop it.

mcdouble
01-03-2011, 07:51 PM
It would make my life a lot easier, I'll tell you that.

But since I used real info to place the order, trying to fab one might not be such a good idea anymore.

Anyone have experience creating one of these in PS?

Tachosomoza
01-03-2011, 08:07 PM
It would make my life a lot easier, I'll tell you that.

But since I used real info to place the order, trying to fab one might not be such a good idea anymore.

Anyone have experience creating one of these in PS?

Here's a coupla real ones to play with, do google image search for more.

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa360/tacho6/business08.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa360/tacho6/Tramcar_transmission_Chicago_business_license.gif

Ben Katz
01-03-2011, 11:53 PM
It can also open spider wraps, alpha hooks, and some lanyard wire clothing tags. Also you cant order the S3 key off that site.

Thanks for the info regarding the key. Ordering it will not be a problem. I already have the means to procure this item with this company with my credentials. I just wanted to make sure before I put in my order.

ShadyLady
01-05-2011, 02:16 AM
Closing thread. Please see the Shoplifting Tools of the Trade II thread: http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showthread.php?p=2395792