PDA

View Full Version : Party popper bomb

upinsmoke
02-15-2010, 08:26 PM
As lame and as it sounds i used to turn party poppers in to bombs.

the detonators in them rule. You need a party popper
something to empty its contents with.

gun powder

string

blutack or putty

first empty contents of the party popper

cram as much gun power as you can in there

Then use blutack or putty and carefully push it at the end of the party popper "it acts as a compressor compressing the gun power in there which will have more impact.

You then use more string to tie to the end of the pull cord of the party popper thus extending the distance between you and the party popper.

pull the string from a distance and Bang.

When i first made one i used grind up matches for my gun powder i did not use to many as it took a lot of time to grind them up one by one.

I was being chased by a thug one day i pulled the party popper out on him he looked confused and he laughed. But i told him to stay back because the party popper is a bomb.

He laughed some more. But he would not come any closer i managed to get to my front gate then i lobed it at him.

He scratched his head Said "this is no bomb" He pulled the cord and the thing blew up in his hand he did not get hurt because i did not put enough powder in it but all that was left of the party popper was the handle that he was holding it from. The rest had gone. Made one heck of a bang too.

I used to love messing around with fire and things that went bang.

Once i made a flame thrower out of a ink cartridge i also made a rocket out of a ink cartridge.

Those where the good old days.

BungHole
02-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Damn, I was expecting a silver fulminate synthesis followed by a detailed plan for making impact sensitive explosive devices.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::m ad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Method of Madness
02-15-2010, 08:38 PM
That is possibly the gayest thing i have ever heard.

oone time a thug chased me and I threw a party popper at him, it wuz lyke a bomb dudez :rolleyes:

I hope you die

edit: ^^^ I was expecting those little snap poppers. Takes all the rocks out, putting them in a baloon with gunpowder or something

BungHole
02-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Seriously though, impact sensitive primaries and little rocks, wrapped in paper FTW!!!

nuclearrabbit
02-15-2010, 09:22 PM
ITT safe n' sane becomes dangerously insane with the help of mischievous hands.

One July 3rd (was using some stuff early) I was jumping through the fountain of sparks from some commercial thing I picked up. As I'm mid jump, directly above the whistling fountain the fucker explodes. It wasn't too loud or powerful but it scared the shit outta me. There were little bits of compressed whistle mix all over the street so I'm lucky it didn't all go up.

I used to love taking strings apart. Didn't matter it they were smoke crackers, fire crackers or jumping jacks. They're all so much more fun one at a time. :D

Estes engines can not be attached to Hot Wheels and stay on the ground. :cool:

The Savage
02-15-2010, 10:49 PM
I've actually thought of using the things out of party poppers as igniters, but to date i've haven't got around to it, E-matches give more control and are cooler anyway :D .

the detonators in them rule. You need a party popper
something to empty its contents with.
If you actually set off a real detonator you'd probably shit biscuits ;) .

InToXiCoLoGisT
02-15-2010, 11:07 PM
Estes engines can not be attached to Hot Wheels and stay on the ground. :cool:
QFT. 2xClass E + Tonka Truck = Hilarity ensues :thumbsup:

nuclearrabbit
02-16-2010, 02:01 AM
There was a vid a long while ago of someone pulling one of these http://budk.com/ProductImages/500/A35%20NS109.jpg underwater. Makes for a nice lil' flash. They've got I believe armstrong's mix in 'em. That or yellow powder, not the vitamin C black powder, it's got S and chlorate. Someone find a comp for that, ya?
Anyway, they've got enough oomph to start up black powder and can therefor be used for initiation of all sorts of things in all sorts of creative ways.

InspiredByMe
02-17-2010, 12:16 AM
Eh I can't make fun of your stupidity, I'm a fan of touch sensitives. Chlorate and sulfur..these chemicals are gonna be the death of me.

Dave
02-18-2010, 09:22 PM
:facepalm:

upinsmoke
02-19-2010, 11:10 PM
You may laugh at the party popper bomb but i invite any one of you to pull the cord up close and personal when it is compressed with gunpowder. Bet you would not try it. Why? because it would take your hand off.

Never under estimate the power of the exploited party popper

The Savage
02-20-2010, 02:03 AM
It would hurt for sure but i seriously doubt it would remove your hand. Switch the BP out for a compressed load of HTMD and it would be another story :eek:.

SHARP
02-24-2010, 10:01 PM
You may laugh at the party popper bomb but i invite any one of you to pull the cord up close and personal when it is compressed with gunpowder. Bet you would not try it. Why? because it would take your hand off.

Never under estimate the power of the exploited party popper

Ehh, no it wouldn't, the casing is way too thin to build up enough pressure, and remember that DBSP needs pretty good confinement to work like it's supposed to. And as long as the gun powder is compressed the deflagration speed will remain low like with just about any other LE I can think of, but I'd say there'd be a decent chance of getting a burn if someone was dumb enough to try a stunt like that...

Now, if it was filled with BP or whistle mix it should be able to produce a decent pressure although not one that'd blow your hand off, if you'd used FP instead I'd say there was a good chance to severely damage your hand beyond repair...

And yes, I was a stupid kid too once, so of course I've messed around with party poppers...

upinsmoke
02-24-2010, 11:35 PM
what about a candyfloss bomb?

nuclearrabbit
02-25-2010, 05:31 AM
what about a candyfloss bomb?

?_?

SKUV
02-25-2010, 10:47 AM
I used to make something even lamer with those party popper things. I tried to make "fireworks", but all I was basically doing was lighting the string on fire and waiting for it to set off the paper at the end. :facepalm:
Mind you I was in the 5th or 6th grade. :hrmph:

I still enjoy "trailer park fireworks" though. That's when you take an old lighter, remove the flint and spring. You wrap the spring around the flint, then stretch out the ends of the spring so you can hold on to it without burning your hand. Then to use it, you hold the flint over a flame until it's glowing, and throw it at a hard surface.

It's really only entertaining when you are heating one up, and someone asks you what you are doing. Then you just throw it at their feet.