Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Society > Conspiracies And The Paranormal

Old 02-07-2009, 07:01 AM
Marquis

Default Re: Conspiracy behind closure of ToTSE

Yeh, why would jeff suddenly close it and not tell us a few days before. Then suddenly Obama gets in, and totse is gone..
Old 02-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Is a motherfucking Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander224 View Post
It wasn't enough to save totse
if i knew i had to save totse id have spent everything i have at tshirt hell
Old 02-07-2009, 06:35 PM

i dont know why it was closed down but..! totse is/was a known '' terrorist website'' was on the australian terrorist watchlist banner that was on bus stops ect in australia
Old 02-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Regular

You're all wrong. Jeff somehow got himself invited to a party, and met a girl. He amazingly managed to not screw up and got to 2nd base. He realized what he had been missing all these years, so when he got home he shut down Totse, sold everything, and is now a raging alcoholic.
The end.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Banned

Thanked 1,402 Times in 833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTST9 View Post
Gay satanic niggers broke into jeff's home at gun point. They made him post that message and then forced him to have gay sex with them.
Not exactly this...

He was obviously bored with running it and he was sick of it, how is there conspiracy behind that?

I still miss the temple
Old 05-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Knight

harboring domestic terrorists?
Old 05-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Duke

The ads are still fucking up people, he could still be making money.

My guess is he got in trouble with the law and didn't what shit on totse coming back to him, so he shut it down. But he got greedy with the money and decided to keep it up, without all illegal activities etc on his site.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:32 PM

Whatever the reason, Jeff is an asshole.

There was so much wisdom, so much goodness locked up in all of the posts in the many different threads on the forum, and it all died when he closed totse. He could have given us some time to make archives or whatever, but he didn't. For this reason I think there must have been some government pressure on him to close Totse down, because a week warning to save the textfiles, the dlpa thread, and much, much, more would have been the normal and right thing to do.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Thanked 1,720 Times in 1,059 Posts
Lightbulb Re: Conspiracy behind closure of ToTSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanks View Post
Whatever the reason, Jeff is an asshole.

There was so much wisdom, so much goodness locked up in all of the posts in the many different threads on the forum, and it all died when he closed totse. He could have given us some time to make archives or whatever, but he didn't. For this reason I think there must have been some government pressure on him to close Totse down, because a week warning to save the textfiles, the dlpa thread, and much, much, more would have been the normal and right thing to do.
A month (!) before closing Totse, Jeff had no idea he would actually do that.

When I was making the 2009 Totse Calendar, I asked Jeff to make it somewhat "official" - since it was to be Totse's 20th Anniversary.

Jeff then posted in my thread, giving the exact time and date when the first post on Totse was made, and saying when exactly to celebrate Totse's 20th anniversary.
That was in December 2008. There was no sign of him even thinking about shutting down Totse.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:44 PM
SSSCCCRRREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW

well, guys. i guess we could mirror everything we like everyday on zoklet in case this happens again. ZOK is good and stable, but something could happen to him or this site that causes this website to go away and we would lose everything again. i never thought Jeff was an asshole but after reading this thread i am rethinking that. i still thank him for the 12+ years of info and fun from Totse though.

Print screen+Powerpoint=lots of saved information in a fairly small space. nothing a 300-500GB hard- drive couldn't handle.

anything that was saved from totse of value should be shared (i think that's already posted online from a mirror someone made of totse) and saved on you personal drive or a free website so we never lose it again.

anyway i am still hurt from the whole totse issue but what can we do, we did not own the site.

Good thing is now we have zoklet.net to fill that hole in our hearts and our lulz.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 008 View Post
That was in December 2008. There was no sign of him even thinking about shutting down Totse.
That's weird. Man, that's really weird. Nobody knows what made him do it?
Old 05-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Banned

Thanked 3,521 Times in 2,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanks View Post
That's weird. Man, that's really weird. Nobody knows what made him do it?
The reason he did it is because he knew he had NO CHOICE. The Totse Army gave him no other choice but to close. He wanted to keep saturating the site with hostile and malicious advertisements, he wanted to allow the kidiots to ruin the place, he wanted to leave the site with two-minute page loads and continual site-downs, and he wanted to to leave negligent administrators in charge. Well, he found out different. He found out that people will only be pissed on for so long before they take things into their own hands. He found out that once the administrator account and several moderator accounts had been compromised, and once site content had been deleted outright without hesitation, it would only be a hop-skip-and-a-jump away from a complete site closure.

He knew it would look better if he did it than the Totse Army, because that's exactly what would have happened anyways. He had loads of chances to turn things around, and he had been given endless warnings that what happened would happen, but he never took it seriously until the Totse Army made good on their warnings. He could have handed the torch over to someone who actually cared about its heritage, but no - he thought he could abuse the community, but in the end, he found out he was dead wrong, and he found out the hard way. Too bad people need to be so stubborn and senseless.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:07 AM
Duke

Wait, you guys didn't get Jeff's other message? The one that explained everything? I guess only the important people got it.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:13 AM
Imperialista yanqui

Thanked 1,572 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SpectraL View Post
The reason he did it is because he knew he had NO CHOICE. The Totse Army gave him no other choice but to close. He wanted to keep saturating the site with hostile and malicious advertisements, he wanted to allow the kidiots to ruin the place, he wanted to leave the site with two-minute page loads and continual site-downs, and he wanted to to leave negligent administrators in charge. Well, he found out different. He found out that people will only be pissed on for so long before they take things into their own hands. He found out that once the administrator account and several moderator accounts had been compromised, and once site content had been deleted outright without hesitation, it would only be a hop-skip-and-a-jump away from a complete site closure.

He knew it would look better if he did it than the Totse Army, because that's exactly what would have happened anyways. He had loads of chances to turn things around, and he had been given endless warnings that what happened would happen, but he never took it seriously until the Totse Army made good on their warnings. He could have handed the torch over to someone who actually cared about its heritage, but no - he thought he could abuse the community, but in the end, he found out he was dead wrong, and he found out the hard way. Too bad people need to be so stubborn and senseless.
Puff puff, pass the ganja

Seriously though, are you half-kidding, or could you elaborate more on this? PM me if you'd rather not post.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:21 AM
Regular

Spectral should not be taken seriously. As much as I enjoy reading his posts, the TOTSE army had nothing to do with it.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
A month (!) before closing Totse, Jeff had no idea he would actually do that.

When I was making the 2009 Totse Calendar, I asked Jeff to make it somewhat "official" - since it was to be Totse's 20th Anniversary.

Jeff then posted in my thread, giving the exact time and date when the first post on Totse was made, and saying when exactly to celebrate Totse's 20th anniversary.
He also posted in another thread discussing totse's next redesign.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Baron

Everyone's so butthurt.
We all valued &T for what it was, an interesting place where we could exchange our ridiculous ideas, and taking it so seriously is practically an insult to everything you claim to care about. We, collectively, can only ask for someone to contribute as much as they want to. After that, it's up to us to make things work. Jeff Hunter isn't Totse, we are. The name of the site and the sub forums or whatever are all pretty much irrelevant and people are bitching like children because they're afraid of change.

The site had issues- YES with the government: because our members harassed memebers of the international press and taugh eachother how to commit crimes all over the gammit of illegality. YES with technology- what site doesn't? Yes with money- because thoswe adds don't generate enough money to support someone, just to support the site (if that)
No one was afraid of Obama, because we'd been having governmental problems for as long as any of us had been around. Simply put, people get tired. No one wants to be told that they're lame for 20 years while they're doing everyone else favors.

Last edited by Tunicate; 05-05-2009 at 01:00 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Knight

Jeff Hunter and Zok are in fact the same person, Jeff didn't really like the direction that totse was going in; he was also under considerable pressure from governments, etc.
And so he started this site, and eventually orchestrated the mass exodus of &T members here, and built a new community, under everyone's radar.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander224 View Post
Lets hear all the crackpot theories you have.

Jeff isn't closing totse. Its been hacked before, it can be hacked again. Maybe this time, Jeff was locked out of all admin accounts and the hackers posted the message, knowing everyone would rush to archive everything putting extreme load on the server, effectively ending its life. And what if Jeff makes an email account at yahoo or whatever and tries to tell everyone what happened? No one is actually going to believe him.
Very conceivable, most likely what happened, or something VERY similar to it.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Banned

Would it surprise you to know that 90% of the time we thought it was Jeff Hunter speaking or doing something, it wasn't even him doing it? Like the plans for a new Totse and a new site design... why do you think Jeff would announce those intentions and then make a complete about-face?

Sometimes real life is stranger, and can be a whole lot uglier, than fiction.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Cool Re: Conspiracy behind closure of ToTSE

Quote:
Would it surprise you to know that 90% of the time we thought it was Jeff Hunter speaking or doing something, it wasn't even him doing it? Like the plans for a new Totse and a new site design... why do you think Jeff would announce those intentions and then make a complete about-face?

Sometimes real life is stranger, and can be a whole lot uglier, than fiction.
Jeff was actually John Hoyt, and worked for the FBI - with Totse being a FBI project that they had to cut funding on. The proof has been presented.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Banned

Thumbs Up Re: Conspiracy behind closure of ToTSE

Quote:
Jeff was actually John Hoyt, and worked for the FBI - with Totse being a FBI project that they had to cut funding on. The proof has been presented.
Special agent, -SpectraL, reporting for active duty.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Malkavian

Thanked 5,604 Times in 3,669 Posts

ITT:
Old 05-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Send a message via AIM to pengd0t Send a message via MSN to pengd0t Send a message via Skype™ to pengd0t

lol@thread
obama?
totse army?

That's just silly. If anything I always assumed that maybe money was getting tight and his embarrassing, expensive, shrine to himself was something that just had to go.

And I always figured that JH probably could manage totse better, he just didn't care to. How old is he anyway? In his 40s or so? There's probably a good chance he's just got more important shit to focus on that maintaining a large project that's nothing but a big financial drain with constant looming threats of legal action.

I believe zok even posted something to that effect after hearing from JH, when discussions were made about zok just taking over totse altogether.

Oh, and zoklet won't shut down without anyone knowing what's going on because zok actually posts here regularly. I doubt he'd ever come off the domain name anyway, he'll probably have a site of some kind here for quite a long time.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
The Totse Army gave him no other choice but to close.
This makes no sense. Its kinda funny that the totse army turned on totse itself. without totse there is no point in having a totse army. It would make a lot more sense if the Totse army was in actuality, created by the FBI to internally take down totse.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Banned

Exclamation Re: Conspiracy behind closure of ToTSE

The Totse Army was a rag-tag team of antique subversives, intent on preserving the dignity, might, and integrity of The Temple of the Screaming Electron. Jeff Hunter knew the end was near, and rather than admit his foolishness and come clean, he decided to commit suicide - taking all his followers with him, down into the dark fathoms of the legacy that was the dialup BBS scene. There's no mystery here, really. Move along now. Move along.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
The Totse Army was a rag-tag team of antique subversives, intent on preserving the dignity, might, and integrity of The Temple of the Screaming Electron. Jeff Hunter knew the end was near, and rather than admit his foolishness and come clean, he decided to commit suicide - taking all his followers with him, down into the dark fathoms of the legacy that was the dialup BBS scene. There's no mystery here, really. Move along now. Move along.
In fact, the Totse Army was founded in the XVI century.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Merchant View Post
The CIA canceled the website program. Other sites became more efficient in gather info. Or, he's just tired of running shit. I don't blame him. 20 years is a long time to be running anything. The only thing I'd like to see is him open up the archives so that it can be downloaded and kept in circulation.
CIA will burn in fire.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamisama View Post
i've been a member for five years.

I have a few theories:

1. Economic turmoil

let's say that jeff hunter was becoming a broke ass nigger because of the website. Regardless, i don't think he would have quickly shut down the website. I mean, jeff hunter has been an active member of the internet for a long time. As most active members know, you typically ask your members to donate money; and you make a big point about asking for money. I mean, if he was desperate for money, he would have advertised before he shut down the website.

I've seen some administrators not request money. But of the many handlings of semi-popular websites, i've about (80%) of the seen the administrator say, "i'm going to change...
Would anybody please tell me how much it would cost to host such a site? Consider the fact that there are many hosting services that offer unliminted disk space and banthwith like www.justhost.com and www.hostmonst.com woulden't it only make sense (If money was the issue) to swich to a different provider, after all I am sure that he didn't have the servers at his house.

Last edited by The_Table_File; 05-06-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Regular

I don't remember who it was at TOTSE that told me this, but they said that Jeff Hunter was also known as Enigma.

This also happens to have been the name of guy running the paradoxsector board. That board was supposedly setup to give TOTSE members an oasis away from all the kidiots and spammers at TOTSE. That board eventually bit the dust as well, and is now closed.

Strange coincidence don't you think?
Old 05-06-2009, 07:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to Nagasaki911

we need to mobilize and stake out his PO box until he goes to collect his mail. we then confront him
Old 05-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSwitch_J View Post
I don't remember who it was at TOTSE that told me this, but they said that Jeff Hunter was also known as Enigma.

This also happens to have been the name of guy running the paradoxsector board. That board was supposedly setup to give TOTSE members an oasis away from all the kidiots and spammers at TOTSE. That board eventually bit the dust as well, and is now closed.

Strange coincidence don't you think?
http://web.archive.org/web/200602061...x.php?act=home
http://web.archive.org/web/200502271...hp?showforum=5
http://web.archive.org/web/200510170...?showsection=6

Old 05-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Regular

Your point in posting those links?
Old 05-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Baron

Send a message via MSN to JREwing Send a message via Skype™ to JREwing

I bet his wife made him do it.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Agent 008 (05-31-2009)
Old 05-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Regular

There never was a Totse/Jeff Hunter. All this (including this thread) is just an elaborate mind control experiment being conducted by the CIA , in league with the Tri-Lateral commission and Elders of Zion. You're dreaming this right now.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
-SpectraL (05-07-2009)
Old 05-07-2009, 06:53 AM
Regular

jeff ran out of money to continue hosting the site
Old 05-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoo View Post
There never was a Totse/Jeff Hunter. All this (including this thread) is just an elaborate mind control experiment being conducted by the CIA , in league with the Tri-Lateral commission and Elders of Zion. You're dreaming this right now.
Thanks a lot seafoo. Now they know that we know what's going on. Way to keep a secret.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:23 AM
SSSCCCRRREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSwitch_J View Post
Thanks a lot seafoo. Now they know that we know what's going on. Way to keep a secret.
http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showthread...872#post473872

i beleive this is what really happened.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scepter of Love View Post
http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showthread...872#post473872

i beleive this is what really happened.
Very interesting article Scepter. Thanks.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Regular

Maybe he died? Or was arrested and the police diden't want to create an outrage of angry totseans.