Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Neurons & Needles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-12-2009, 09:19 AM
talonner talonner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 8
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Default Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

You are getting a chemical lobotomy on antipsychotics.

Quote:
Of all these findings, only the reduction in temporal areas seems to be distinctively associated with typicals.
Quote:
On the basis of our findings, we would like to suggest that, even after short term treatment, both typical and atypical antipsychotics affect brain structure
http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&q=c...6MQ6f7yg&pli=1

or

http://www-bmu.psychiatry.cam.ac.uk/...azzan05dif.pdf

Also:

Quote:
In a placebo-compared study of six Macaque monkeys receiving olanzapine between 17 and 27 months, a significant brain volume and weight decreases (8-11%) were detected.[31] In latter studies of the stored samples, the changes were attributed to astrocyte and oligodendrocyte loss,[32] with the neurons spared but positioned more closely compared to the controls.[clarification needed] However according to this study the neurons does not seem to be completeley spared. The gray matter shrinking found was 14.6%, but the neuron density increase was only 10.2% which corresponds to approximately a loss of 5% of the neurons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olanzapine

How can this be legal? They are 'helping' and 'treating' and 'curing' mental illness (of which biological tests there are none, yet are biologically treated!) by providing medications with cause brain damage and degradation! If you have a broken finger you do not get it cut off to 'cure' it, do you? Of course fucking not!
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
abusername (11-14-2009), Jamie "fuck constipation" Lee Curtis (11-13-2009), Lysergic Rain (11-15-2009)
  #2  
Old 11-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Valheru Valheru is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Thanks: 115
Thanked 134 Times in 82 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Lawl.... when I saw this in hot topix, my first thought was "That idiot talonner is at it again ".

Cha-ching! Right on the money.
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Rust (11-17-2009)
  #3  
Old 11-12-2009, 09:30 AM
talonner talonner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 8
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valheru View Post
Lawl.... when I saw this in hot topix, my first thought was "That idiot talonner is at it again ".

Cha-ching! Right on the money.
Well aren't you just a waste of fucking space. Go find somewhere else to troll.

In other news, the psychiatric profession are willingly and knowingly causing brain damage to patients. Do not forget that psychiatry is not neuroscience or neurosurgery.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-12-2009, 10:00 AM
Valheru Valheru is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Thanks: 115
Thanked 134 Times in 82 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Dude, tell that to your psychiatrist. BTW haven't you used up the internet allowance they give you in ward 3?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-12-2009, 10:13 AM
AtrainV's Avatar
AtrainV AtrainV is offline
Eunuch Provocateur
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Singapore
Thanks: 117
Thanked 259 Times in 205 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Oh god, here we go again...

Talonner, do you want me to give you a special sticky or something?
__________________
[URL="http://atrainv.wordpress.com/"]Cheers, lah.[/URL]
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Nero Nero is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Thanks: 1,564
Thanked 1,958 Times in 1,314 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Homo bitch fag.

Dick.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Guilty Cubicles Guilty Cubicles is offline
Serf
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: dirty jersey
Thanks: 6
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Guilty Cubicles
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

So its safe to say that after a weeks worth of seroquel, i've lost parts of my brain?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-12-2009, 02:26 PM
bobapanbeers bobapanbeers is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In the North
Thanks: 52
Thanked 110 Times in 67 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonner View Post
You are getting a chemical lobotomy on antipsychotics.





http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&q=c...6MQ6f7yg&pli=1

or

http://www-bmu.psychiatry.cam.ac.uk/...azzan05dif.pdf

Also:



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olanzapine

How can this be legal? They are 'helping' and 'treating' and 'curing' mental illness (of which biological tests there are none, yet are biologically treated!) by providing medications with cause brain damage and degradation! If you have a broken finger you do not get it cut off to 'cure' it, do you? Of course fucking not!
Are you working for the Church of Scientology or something?
__________________
After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Dog's Avatar
Dog Dog is offline
Archduke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colorado
Thanks: 372
Thanked 1,043 Times in 645 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Talonner, I don't think there's anyone on the planet who thinks that all psychiatric medications are safe. Taking the fact that some on the market are harmful to suggest that all meds are harmful (or in particular, more harmful than helpful), is absolutely retarded.

Do not post again.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Guilty Cubicles Guilty Cubicles is offline
Serf
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: dirty jersey
Thanks: 6
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Guilty Cubicles
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

If I was schizophrenic, I would rather sacrifice my brain to medicine then deal with auditory or visual hallucinations which would be driving me mad. Actually if I was schizophrenic, I would rather just be put out of my misery. I don't want to live a life without meaning or purpose.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Cytosine's Avatar
Cytosine Cytosine is offline
Count
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Harperland
Thanks: 350
Thanked 485 Times in 331 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

I think this obsession of yours borders on a psychotic delusion.

Do you think "they", the doctors, are out to get you?

There are meds for that, you know.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-12-2009, 08:18 PM
not me not me is offline
Count
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: house detective
Thanks: 163
Thanked 215 Times in 170 Posts
Default Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

You mean I got BRANE DAMEGE ? Shit.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Tommy Lund's Avatar
Tommy Lund Tommy Lund is offline
Marquis
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Norway
Thanks: 308
Thanked 268 Times in 195 Posts
Cool Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

I really don`t care about side effects.

I can`t live without my medicine, easy as that. Quitting is not an option.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-13-2009, 12:24 AM
slowdown slowdown is offline
lol, Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Inside a Care Bear
Thanks: 186
Thanked 148 Times in 104 Posts
Exclamation Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

I don't know why you guys are knocking the OP. Modern drugs for mental disorders are flawed at best and modern medicine (scientists) could produce much safer drugs that heal and have no side effects, but the don't because it won't make them money. (tianeptine is an example of this)

Doctors don't know jack about how to really help people. They just use us like rats forced to run on a wheel in a cage, and occasionally change up the list of prescribed medicines and ailments depending on what the drug reps bring to the office - thus why its called a "practice" And as a general rule they would rather us suffer, or just make us numb rather than really truly fix our problems.

Just look at this SSRE, Tianeptine as an example.

Quote:
Tianeptine (Stablon, Coaxil, Tatinol) is a neuroprotective antidepressant that reverses the neuronal damage and lasting misery caused by chronic, uncontrolled stress. Tianeptine acts both as a non-sedating anti-anxiety agent and a non-stimulating mood-brightener. Uniquely in clinical medicine, tianeptine acts as a selective serotonin reuptake enhancer Its puzzling efficacy as an antidepressant illustrates how little modern psychiatric medicine really understands about mind, mood and depression. .
http://www.tianeptine.com/
http://www.tianeptine.com/major-depression.html

Quote:
Tianeptine appears to have an original electrophysiological profile in agreement with an increase in serotonin uptake: this profile distinguishes tianeptine from classical antidepressants such as clomipramine.
http://www.tianeptine.com/electrophysiology.html
Seriously - I would rather be bat shit crazy than mentally numb!!!

Last edited by slowdown; 11-13-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Jamie "fuck constipation" Lee Curtis (11-13-2009), talonner (11-13-2009)
  #15  
Old 11-13-2009, 12:44 AM
sexualjesus sexualjesus is offline
Count
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jerusalem (i think)
Thanks: 77
Thanked 150 Times in 111 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to sexualjesus
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

SSRE,s are pretty good looking drugs, especially given the fact that SSRI's only have a 7% chance of vivid dreams, and tianeptime has 25% (which is fucking amazing, i managed to be in that 7% and it really was a life changer)

depression is actually something that can get you onto social security (maybe not in america because mentally deranged people are equal to hobo's) and they put you on the SSRI's so you can get a job and be a functional human being, problem is that fails hardcore and you turn into a zombie whos too lazy to get of his ass, SSRE's in the market everyone will be moving, goin out there and getting jobs, itd be a good fix to a bad situation.

personally id give depressed people a mix of valium and methamphetamine, most people who are depressed are depressed from there situation, cant find a job, sick of sitting at home all day, give em meth and theyll have a job by the end of the day, theyll have lost it by the end of the week, and have a new one after they crashed there car by the fortnite, that mixed with valium so they dont get board working would fix the shit out of them in like a fortnites worth of medication.

SJ
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Jamie "fuck constipation" Lee Curtis Jamie "fuck constipation" Lee Curtis is offline
Count
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Thanks: 349
Thanked 139 Times in 87 Posts
Confused Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonner View Post
You are getting a chemical lobotomy on antipsychotics.
^ yep.

Antipsychotics turned me into a very angry, bitter and disagreeable zombie-like entity. Even well after I stopped, I found my higher thinking functions noticeably compromised.

There is very little money to be made on happy functioning people.

Western medicine has it's head so far up its own ass right now. "durrr... treat da symptoms... durr... treat da symptoms..... durr... DURR!!!"

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-14-2009, 10:09 AM
i poop in your cereal's Avatar
i poop in your cereal i poop in your cereal is offline
Archduke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Noddington
Thanks: 370
Thanked 700 Times in 485 Posts
Thumbs Down Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdown View Post
Seriously - I would rather be bat shit crazy than mentally numb!!!
You should probably look into how it feels to be "bat shit crazy" before making that statement.

I suggest you start by reading Tommy Lund's post, in this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-14-2009, 10:23 AM
talonner talonner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 8
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by i poop in your cereal View Post
You should probably look into how it feels to be "bat shit crazy" before making that statement.

I suggest you start by reading Tommy Lund's post, in this thread.
Maybe he has it really bad. Not everyone who has a diagnosis that is deemed to be treated by this class of drug has it to the point of not being able to function.

I know a guy who is prescribed Olanzapine (Zyprexa) for sleep. Many antipsychotics are prescribed as such, because they do zonk you out. He isn't bipolar, psychotic or schizophrenic, yet he is prescribed such medications for other reasons.

It's causing him brain damage.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-14-2009, 10:30 AM
i poop in your cereal's Avatar
i poop in your cereal i poop in your cereal is offline
Archduke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Noddington
Thanks: 370
Thanked 700 Times in 485 Posts
Mad Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonner View Post
It's causing him brain damage.
Then he should probably stop fucking taking them.

What's your point?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Guilty Cubicles Guilty Cubicles is offline
Serf
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: dirty jersey
Thanks: 6
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Guilty Cubicles
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Not only that but in my experience of taking anti psychotics even for sleep. It would leave with you the worst side effects ever. When I was on seroquel, i had no motivation to do anything, it was so bad I had to build up motivation just to speak to people. All i wanted to do was lay down all day and my foggy mind would just wonder into space. Fuck seroquel and anti-psychotics.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Dumpster Slut Dumpster Slut is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: IT DOESNT MATTER
Thanks: 138
Thanked 510 Times in 421 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexualjesus View Post
SSRE,s are pretty good looking drugs, especially given the fact that SSRI's only have a 7% chance of vivid dreams, and tianeptime has 25% (which is fucking amazing, i managed to be in that 7% and it really was a life changer)

depression is actually something that can get you onto social security (maybe not in america because mentally deranged people are equal to hobo's) and they put you on the SSRI's so you can get a job and be a functional human being, problem is that fails hardcore and you turn into a zombie whos too lazy to get of his ass, SSRE's in the market everyone will be moving, goin out there and getting jobs, itd be a good fix to a bad situation.

personally id give depressed people a mix of valium and methamphetamine, most people who are depressed are depressed from there situation, cant find a job, sick of sitting at home all day, give em meth and theyll have a job by the end of the day, theyll have lost it by the end of the week, and have a new one after they crashed there car by the fortnite, that mixed with valium so they dont get board working would fix the shit out of them in like a fortnites worth of medication.

SJ
this is a fucking joke right?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-17-2009, 12:51 AM
Nolte Nolte is offline
Count
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Thanks: 213
Thanked 315 Times in 199 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty Cubicles View Post
Fuck seroquel and anti-psychotics.
I agree.

Then again, I don't like the racing thoughts that get so overwheliming that they deny me any sleep or relaxation.

It's a difficult situation when it's either one extreme or the other.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-17-2009, 01:06 AM
Rust Rust is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 586
Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,121 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

ITT: A moron takes one single study - which he doesn't even understand - and claims that proves something the study doesn't even say.

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-17-2009, 03:05 AM
Ivy Mike Ivy Mike is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Thanks: 34
Thanked 70 Times in 62 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
ITT: A moron takes one single study - which he doesn't even understand - and claims that proves something the study doesn't even say.

This, but he did find a possible neurotoxic drug. Give him a little credit for that.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Flex Rigid Flex Rigid is offline
Count
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Thanks: 27
Thanked 51 Times in 42 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Flex Rigid
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Altering brain structure is not brain damage.

But yeah, seems pretty unethical to market them before all this research is done.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-18-2009, 07:56 PM
slowdown slowdown is offline
lol, Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Inside a Care Bear
Thanks: 186
Thanked 148 Times in 104 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Rigid View Post
Altering brain structure is not brain damage.

But yeah, seems pretty unethical to market them before all this research is done.
There's plenty of information out there about how toxic these medications are.
Quote:
Antidepressant induced neurological and/or physical toxicity (body and/or brain damage) either as a result of prolonged inhibition of P450-2D6 liver-enzymes, or as a result of impairing serotonin metabolism, can take on many forms as described below. A few examples are: Hyperserotonemia, such as the lifethreatening condition the Serotonin Syndrome, Epileptiform Discharges, Epileptic Seizures and/or Epilepsy, Hypoglycaemia/Hyperglycemia (Low/Elevated Blood Sugar Imbalance), Stroke/Hemorrhagic Syndromes, Frontal Lobe Syndrome, Tardive Dyskinesia/Dystonia, Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Mania, etc...
http://www.antidepressantsfacts.com/...ain-damage.htm
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Rust Rust is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 586
Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,121 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

^ Sorry, but if you actually follow the rabbit hole of links that website has and you reach the actually studies themselves, you'll see a lot of them don't even begin to show causality ( and they admit as much, e.g. "the design of the study makes it difficult to draw conclusions about causality"), focus on symptoms not described in that list, or when they do they show that those symptoms are extremely rare. To use that as a way to claim that they are toxic is utterly ridiculous; the studies they ultimately cite do not prove the claims they are making.

Last edited by Rust; 11-18-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
AtrainV (11-19-2009)
  #28  
Old 11-18-2009, 11:38 PM
talonner talonner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 8
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

If it has Tardive Diskenesia as a potential side effect, then it is neurotoxic. And all antipsychotics have the potential to cause Tardive Diskenesia.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-19-2009, 12:45 AM
Rust Rust is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 586
Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,121 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Right, and so are peanuts and penicillin since they can cause nerve damage (through a severe allergic reaction).

You're hiding behind vague (e.g. "potential") terms in order to indict a whole set of medication - and have been quoting studies you apparently didn't read or understand in the process - ignoring the fact that those side-effects are rare and that the riskiest medication is prescribed to those suffering from terrible conditions that make the risk vs. reward worth it even for the risky medications.

I'll quote PN:

"Talonner, I don't think there's anyone on the planet who thinks that all psychiatric medications are safe. Taking the fact that some on the market are harmful to suggest that all meds are harmful (or in particular, more harmful than helpful), is absolutely retarded."
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-19-2009, 03:02 AM
talonner talonner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 8
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

The point that they can cause those permanent and unwanted side effects shows that they are toxic.

It doesn't matter that the doses may need to be prolonged or high to get the most glaring and obvious detrimental side effects to show they are neurotoxic.

It's like a recreational drug, a little bit will make you experience x, and a lot will make you experience y.

The fact is it still has effects, and these medications are neurotoxic.

I can't understand how medications which have an unknown mechanism of action, apart from knowing they work, can be given out legally, especially considering they are neurotoxic.

If you had a sore finger you wouldn't go and get it amputated.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-19-2009, 03:08 AM
Rust Rust is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 586
Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,121 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Apparently, your reading comprehension is awful, so I'll just repeat what I said again...

Right, and so are peanuts and penicillin since they can cause nerve damage (through a severe allergic reaction).

You're hiding behind vague (e.g. "potential") terms in order to indict a whole set of medication - and have been quoting studies you apparently didn't read or understand in the process - ignoring the fact that those side-effects are rare and that the riskiest medication is prescribed to those suffering from terrible conditions that make the risk vs. reward worth it even for the risky medications.


I'll quote PN:

"Talonner, I don't think there's anyone on the planet who thinks that all psychiatric medications are safe. Taking the fact that some on the market are harmful to suggest that all meds are harmful (or in particular, more harmful than helpful), is absolutely retarded."
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-19-2009, 04:44 AM
talonner talonner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 8
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Apparently, your reading comprehension is awful, so I'll just repeat what I said again...

Right, and so are peanuts and penicillin since they can cause nerve damage (through a severe allergic reaction).

You're hiding behind vague (e.g. "potential") terms in order to indict a whole set of medication - and have been quoting studies you apparently didn't read or understand in the process - ignoring the fact that those side-effects are rare and that the riskiest medication is prescribed to those suffering from terrible conditions that make the risk vs. reward worth it even for the risky medications.


I'll quote PN:

"Talonner, I don't think there's anyone on the planet who thinks that all psychiatric medications are safe. Taking the fact that some on the market are harmful to suggest that all meds are harmful (or in particular, more harmful than helpful), is absolutely retarded."
Apparently your logic and reasoning skills are atrocious so I'm not even going to bother trying to rehash the points I was trying to raise.

Can you not comprehend the fact that medications that are prescribed for treatment of issues regarding the brain are damaging to the brain and how that raises a whole lot of flags?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-19-2009, 04:57 AM
Rust Rust is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 586
Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,121 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonner View Post
Can you not comprehend the fact that medications that are prescribed for treatment of issues regarding the brain are damaging to the brain and how that raises a whole lot of flags?
Except what people have been trying to explain to you all this thread is that they don't all damage the brain and those that "damage the brain" (and that's not even really true, but I'll use that just for simplicity) do so only in very high dosages (or very prolonged use) and are prescribed to those individuals already suffering from serious problems which make the risks (i.e. those "flags") worth the reward of dealing with the serious problems.

You are trying to attack all psychiatric medication by citing that some drugs might be risky, while ignoring the fact that there are still legitimate situations where those risky drugs can be used for good. And you did all that by citing studies that didn't even support what you claimed. That's how wrong your argument is.

Essentially, it would be like me taking surgery and showing how it can kill you, and then saying "See?! Surgery is what doctors recommend as treatment, but it can kill you! Oh my!". Well yes, surgery has risks, but it's just recommend on cases that make that risk worth it. That's a good thing.

Last edited by Rust; 11-19-2009 at 05:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-19-2009, 07:03 AM
AtrainV's Avatar
AtrainV AtrainV is offline
Eunuch Provocateur
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Singapore
Thanks: 117
Thanked 259 Times in 205 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Talonner, you have got to be one of the worst arguers on Zoklet. When you present superficial evidence that is shot down by people who investigate the matter further, you neglect to actually respond to their rebuttals. Instead you seem to hide behind some sort of conspiracy-theory haze where you keep making blanket statements without regard to any sort of continuum of danger vs. efficacy or cost vs. reward.
__________________
[URL="http://atrainv.wordpress.com/"]Cheers, lah.[/URL]
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Valheru Valheru is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Thanks: 115
Thanked 134 Times in 82 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage



Can I get a , huh huh?
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
beergoggles (11-23-2009)
  #36  
Old 11-23-2009, 07:21 AM
talonner talonner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 8
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrainV View Post
Talonner, you have got to be one of the worst arguers on Zoklet. When you present superficial evidence that is shot down by people who investigate the matter further, you neglect to actually respond to their rebuttals. Instead you seem to hide behind some sort of conspiracy-theory haze where you keep making blanket statements without regard to any sort of continuum of danger vs. efficacy or cost vs. reward.
There is not an antipsychotic that is not neurotoxic. That much is certain, just because tardive diskenesia is a potential side effect from these drugs.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-23-2009, 08:15 AM
Valheru Valheru is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Thanks: 115
Thanked 134 Times in 82 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

I think most people don't give a shit.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Rust Rust is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 586
Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,121 Posts
Thumbs Down Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonner View Post
There is not an antipsychotic that is not neurotoxic. That much is certain, just because tardive diskenesia is a potential side effect from these drugs.
Wrong. At best you could say "There is not an antipsychotic that is not potentially neurotoxic"

And again, that's as meaningful as saying there is not a surgery that is not tissue damaging.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-23-2009, 02:50 PM
SLOWPOKE SLOWPOKE is offline
Peasant
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Cristobal
Thanks: 10
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

To sum this thread up, talonner is a moron.

Different people reactive differently to different medicines. Personally I'd rather not take any medicines because the problem can be solved other ways, but that's my choice.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-23-2009, 03:07 PM
beergoggles beergoggles is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Floriderp.
Thanks: 141
Thanked 103 Times in 58 Posts
Thumbs Up Re: Documented PROOF that psychiatric medications cause brain damage

What's even the point of this thread really? It's just talonner and Rust going back and forth, with talonner not budging when Rust has stated the facts.

Yes, some psychiatric drugs can cause brain damage, but in surgery when something is infected or damaged sometimes you have to remove some parts. Are these drugs possibly handed out too easily, and to the wrong people? I think so.

Should a heavily depressed teenager be put on an SSRI, or should alternative treatments such as changing the diet, adding in exercise, and social activities be used first? Of course if a teenager is pounding down sweets, sitting on the couch watching TV, compounding with the hormones during puberty, they are going to be confused, and possibly sad. I really think so, but the whole Western ideology works on the lazy principle.

IMO psychiatric drugs should be a last-resort option, and only after all other viable treatments have failed to work.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
brain, damage, documented, medications, proof, psychiatric

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DXM Year Long Tolerance and Brain Damage Is Bullshit AoxomoxoA Better Living Through Chemistry 95 07-25-2013 08:42 PM
What a surprise- Fort Hood, Orlando shooters both linked to psychiatric drugs i<3Shrooms This Just In! 30 11-15-2009 04:01 PM
Driveby's steps to meditation documented Treefingers.s LOL, Internet 5 11-04-2009 02:47 AM
DXM brain damage from binge AoxomoxoA Better Living Through Chemistry 1 03-23-2009 07:28 PM
Does blunderful actually have brain damage? OMGPLZDNTBAN Bat Country 13 03-16-2009 11:16 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:53 AM.


Hot Topics
Join our Chatroom!
Users: 8
Messages/minute: 0
Topic: "Only rule: be nice or I'll cut your fucking face off, dumbshit"
Users: 27
Messages/minute: 1.6
Topic: "http://codelove.org :: Below is above in 2 codes 1 love. :: wh..."
Users: 18
Messages/minute: 5
Topic: "http://www.literotica...."
Advertisements
Your ad could go right HERE! Contact us!

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.