Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 11-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Virus
Arrow The Number One Security System Weakness.

A while back I wrote a guide detailing how to bypass a variety of security systems and sensors they use. I decided not to post it anywhere because I'd rather keep my secrets and discuss them with people who have some intelligence. Luckily for me, my apartment has a deactivated security system in it, so I was able to take photographs of various methods.

Quite frequently I read see guides such as this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djaqaverlerron View Post
How to prevent the Call Center from finding out

This wont prevent the siren from going off but It'll prevent the "call center" from knowing the alarm has gone off.

Again THIS WONT PREVENT THE SIREN FROM GOING OFF but it WILL PREVENT THE 'CALL CENTER" from knowing the alarm has gone off.

Cut the phone line. Simple as that.

Cutting a phone is one method call centers use to determine if a crime is in progress because they loose contact with the system. The easiest way yo prevent the call center from knowing is to disable the alarm by making a call to one of many telephone conferences using a Beige Box

The first idea for you kids to consider is simply getting around sensors. The most common points of entry into a house are the doors or windows. Security companies such as Brinks or ADT use a magnetic switch to determine if these have been opened.

Now, to understand how to locate and create a method to bypass this, it's generally a good idea to research how a magnetic switch works. I gutted one, but will refrain from posting it to the public much like slim kept his knowledge private. To try to inspire minds, what I will give you is the following:

A magnetic switch uses lack of magnetic force to close a circuit (read: set off an alarm).

Because of the switch operating on lack of magnetic force to close, the bypass is simply using a magnet to keep the switch open (Fig. 1).

Fig. 1

The issue arises when you must locate a magnetic switch. The easiest solution is to use a compass to locate a magnetic switch. Notice the north arrow pointing towards the magnet (Fig. 2).

Fig. 2

How you decide to get the magnetic in place is up to you. If you ask a question, I'm more than willing to help answer it, but don't expect a concrete answer, it's up to you to figure that out. If there is anyone here who is in the know on forged passports that work, I'm willing to trade knowledge for yours.

See you there.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Malice (02-11-2010), SLIM (11-18-2009), The Ninja (11-17-2009)
Old 11-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Knight

Send a message via AIM to xannex Send a message via MSN to xannex
Default Re: The Number One Security System Weakness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus View Post
Fig. 2

How you decide to get the magnetic in place is up to you. If you ask a question, I'm more than willing to help answer it, but don't expect a concrete answer, it's up to you to figure that out. If there is anyone here who is in the know on forged passports that work, I'm willing to trade knowledge for yours.
Doesn't this defeat the purpose of posting a guide? Thanks for the compass tip.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xannex View Post
Doesn't this defeat the purpose of posting a guide? Thanks for the compass tip.
Nope, you can do it at least 3 different ways from my experience. If you can't figure out how to place a magnet, breaking and entering might not be your solution. It's really up to the end user to develop their own style, the figure states enough about magnetic placement as it is. I'm not quite sure how much more someone could ask for.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:09 PM
Duke

I've had some experience with this and without lifting up the frame or setting off the alarm putting a magnet in the proper place isn't that easy. In my experience if you get it just a few millimeters off the alarm will be set off when you test it. I can't think of any generally "foolproof" way. Maybe a super strong magnet? I don't know.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33tz View Post
I've had some experience with this and without lifting up the frame or setting off the alarm putting a magnet in the proper place isn't that easy. In my experience if you get it just a few millimeters off the alarm will be set off when you test it. I can't think of any generally "foolproof" way. Maybe a super strong magnet? I don't know.
Rare Earth magnets even work from the outside of the door.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:10 PM
New Arrival

Exclamation Re: The Number One Security System Weakness.

Uh, if I remember correctly I believe some security systems that are available to lots of familiar security companies have the ability to over-ride calls being made out, I believe that includes beige boxes as well.

Not saying that this doesn't work, but possibly with lower end security systems.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintJelly View Post
Uh, if I remember correctly I believe some security systems that are available to lots of familiar security companies have the ability to over-ride calls being made out, I believe that includes beige boxes as well.

Not saying that this doesn't work, but possibly with lower end security systems.
High end stuff does (rare in even gated communities, think something like a retail outlet), and they typically use the data lines (yellow+black) wires to check in with the system (still exploitable). The stuff you're specifically talking about just attempts to close the circuit to phones inside and fortunately for us, our beige box is acting like a lineman's handset, so it isn't affected. Here's why:

On systems like the one you're referring to, the telephone line goes directly from the TNI box to the Control panel, and then is routed around the house. This allows the Control Box to open the circuit after the box so any call in progress is hung up, and frees the line for the Control Box to send a signal to the security company. Because our beige box is before the control box, the control box can not close the circuit to it, so the call to the telephone conference remains un interupted.

If that doesn't make any sense, let me know.

If you're doing something that has a system like that in place, you're most likely going to have more exotic motion sensor set ups in conjunction with microwave sensors and Passive Infrared. You're just better off avoiding the sensors and hopefully getting to the control box where you can then jumper all of the circuits going to sensors so even if a sensor closes a circuit, the alarm system still thinks that nothing is going on. Best part is that most control boxes have a wiring diagram built in, so you know exactly where to look. The newer issue that aspiring thieves need to worry about are webcam based security systems that record video to a remote server.

Good point to make, however.

Last edited by Virus; 11-16-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:17 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintJelly View Post

It's called line seizure, accomplished through a RJ41X jack. The line seizure circuits are in the panel, which is past the TNI. If you make a call from the TNI it will override the line seizure. However the alarm company may or may not detect that somethings wrong when the communication fails.

Cellular and analog RF backup links are also common in high end residential and commercial systems.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:21 AM
Knight

Quote:
High end stuff does (rare in even gated communities, think something like a retail outlet), and they typically use the data lines (yellow+black) wires to check in with the system (still exploitable).
The yellow and black wires are the second pair in typical residential phone wiring. It's worth mentioning that they're not always used for data/alarms. Sometimes they'll be used for a fax or 2nd line.

Vary rarely you might encounter a line used just for the alarm without a dial tone called a dry loop.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:24 AM
Knight

Let me know if anyone wants me to get into the advanced stuff like the circuits, end of line resistors, tamper switches, how things work....
Old 11-17-2009, 01:26 AM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by totse View Post
Let me know if anyone wants me to get into the advanced stuff like the circuits, end of line resistors, tamper switches, how things work....
I'd be interested in learning some of that...

Anything you can add would be appreciated.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:28 AM
Knight

Send a message via AIM to xannex Send a message via MSN to xannex

Should this be merged into ysr2096's thread ? I think it would facilitate a more rounded discussion.

edit - http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=39179

Last edited by xannex; 11-17-2009 at 01:34 AM. Reason: added url
Old 11-17-2009, 03:00 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Very informative, I haven't broken into a house in a while, but I've been considering doing a few again so I could make some money for Christmas.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xannex View Post
Should this be merged into ysr2096's thread ? I think it would facilitate a more rounded discussion.

edit - http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=39179
Nope because all he did was rip from someone else:

http://www.preterhuman.net/texts/und...glarAlarm3.txt

Not to mention it has a few fatal flaws, nice try though.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
The yellow and black wires are the second pair in typical residential phone wiring. It's worth mentioning that they're not always used for data/alarms. Sometimes they'll be used for a fax or 2nd line.

Vary rarely you might encounter a line used just for the alarm without a dial tone called a dry loop.
I've yet to see voice wired to the yellow and black wires, and national codes reserve those for data specifically. Thanks for the tip though, I'll call Bellsouth/ATT up and get the scoop.

Quote:
You can if you want, I honestly believe the people here aren't thinking on the level you and I operate at. I'll take a look in the USPO and see what's changed. I remember when the patent for PIR sensors in between the acoustic tiles and the physical roof got patented. That was the one day I screamed FUCK, but it's still rare to find those in even high end retail outlets, when that patent expires, it'll make shit harder.

But damn this brings back memories of melting insulation of wires with my zippo and hooking a multimeter up to them.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninja View Post
Very informative, I haven't broken into a house in a while, but I've been considering doing a few again so I could make some money for Christmas.
You're better off scouting for cars to break into at an apartment complex around christmas. Parents hide the presents in their cars rather than their flat very often. I can post up with simple tools for that, If you're interested, but what can you offer me in return?
Old 11-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Archduke

Quote:
How you decide to get the magnetic in place is up to you.
I've had some experiences with burglary on alarmed homes in my early teens (13-15 years old) and dealing with ADT alarms.

To get the magnet in place I used a thin piece of sheet metal with a magnet on each side of it and wedged it inbetween. You could use a butter knife too, I suppose.

For the motion detectors I used tin foil. I have also heard stories of people using glass mirrors to bypass them, but they are merely stories and I've never tried it myself. It sounds plausable since infrared radiation doesn't go through glass too well.
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question238.htm

Do you have any knowledge about that?
Old 11-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Regular

This is turning into a great thread Virus and Slim. Perhaps Virus you can get a good BI guide going?
Old 11-19-2009, 03:29 AM

Send a message via MSN to MonkeyWithAKnife

Quote:
It's called line seizure, accomplished through a RJ41X jack.
Its actually a MODE3 jack, It can be either RJ45 or a 611 socket.

*Pulls out my ACMA book*

11.6.2 - 611 socket for an auto dialler (mode 3)

A 611 socket, to be effective, is wired as the first accessible socket on a line. The line actually works through the socket and any equipment plugged into it, so that it can seize the line and disconnect any other equipment ti allow it priority to dial out of the network.

Then it goes on to complain about starwiring...

The security panel physically disconnects anything downstream of itself. And in a comercial situation is 99% of the time on a seperate phone line than everything else anyway.

The best way to get around the monitoring company is to call them up and tell them you are doing work on the alarm panel. I do this at work all the time and often dont even get asked any company/personal details.

And you'll find any decent security system will have a PIR pointing in the general direction of every entry so even if you do get the magnet over the read switch it should set off an alarm.

*Hint* Lookup the installer codes for the model of security panel the building has and find the installer code in the user/programming manuals. I'm the only one in my company that bothers to change the master code...

The mastercode is quite often as easy as 0-0-0-1

*Personal observation* Alot of security-only-lines are locked to being able to only dial out to one number, which is set to the monitoring company.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim-0v-derby View Post
For the motion detectors I used tin foil.
I've yet to see anyone pull this off without setting off the alarm; Unless you do it before the system is armed... Then you've still got a 50/50 chance on it arming later.

The Glass mirror idea...

I hate to say this, but it doesnt work in practice.

Sorry for the double post... Any of you had experience programming lift over-rides on a concept or a protege panel?
Old 11-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Regular

Motion sensors are easy, hold up a bed sheet.

Sounds ridiculous, but behold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8vmd3DkzDg
Old 11-19-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhanded View Post
Motion sensors are easy, hold up a bed sheet.

Sounds ridiculous, but behold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8vmd3DkzDg
They've used the cheapest/shitest motion sensor known to man. Any half ok PIR is actually a PIR (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive_infrared_sensor).

Holding up a bedsheet does not work on these. You are free to try...
Old 11-19-2009, 06:24 PM
Count

Send a message via MSN to Raziel Send a message via Skype™ to Raziel

Great guide, thank you, I wouldn't dream of figuring this out for myself.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:18 AM
Count

Not to fuck up the whole topic, but recently, some friends of mine broke into a few places and got a shitload of computers to sell, and every single time they saw a magnetic stripe thing around the window or door, they still broke into it and the alarm did not go off.

In fact, they have never even set an alarm off doing this (but they did pick un-bait spots).

That was my first point.

Secondly, I've been thinking of a way to get around the sensors in more "secured" places and I thought of this one: What if I went inside the pace duing the day or before it closes, and put duct tape or just regular paper-white tape thingy over the sensor part. Would that prevent the sensor from detecting movement? (Of course, implying that the people who work there don't notice it).

And also, if there is a place with magnetic sensors around the window frames (as in, whenever any window or door is opened, the alarm should go off) but WITHOUT any sensors inside, would breaking the window and entering the place without opening the window work? Because the friends I know have never set off an alarm like that, so I'm guessing the alarm system was de-activated but I could be wrong.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:06 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Djaqaver Send a message via AIM to Djaqaver

Quote:

Cutting a phone is one method call centers use to determine if a crime is in progress because they loose contact with the system. The easiest way yo prevent the call center from knowing is to disable the alarm by making a call to one of many telephone conferences using a Beige Box.
You don't know what you're talking about plain and simple.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...utf-8&oe=utf-8

http://www.alarmforce.com/blog/home-...g-phone-lines/

Quote:
Phone Lines are an easy target for Burglars. They are well aware of the fact that cutting a phone line will not allow signals to be sent to the home security office or to the police. The owner or a neighbour has to specifically call the authorities in case of such break–ins.
Quote:
BEXAR COUNTY, Texas --- Westinghouse
Security Systems has been ordered by a Bexar
County jury to pay $1.7 million to a couple whose
1,500 pound safe was stolen after burglars cut
their phone wire, deactivating the alarm

system.

Now stop pretending that you know what you're talking about. I've broken into more houses then 99% of BI combined.

http://www.app.com/article/20100115/...eak-into-homes

Quote:
Police: Burglars cut phone lines, break into homes
Old 01-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Banned

Which is why I've got multiple people who actually deal with the stuff agreeing with me. But if you were competent, why were you sloppy enough to get arrested?

Granted, I don't expect someone like you to know what a siezer or tamper is, so take a look around the patent office before you speak.

Last edited by Virus; 01-20-2010 at 07:34 PM.