Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 12-24-2009, 01:11 AM
Marquis

Confused How can I get prescribed Adderall

...while having a minor heart condition? I'm on some pills for blood pressure, so I think a psychiatrist would be reluctant to prescribe Adderall.

Quote:
Because Adderall has a powerful effect of increasing blood pressure, it carries the same risk of sudden death, stroke, and heart attack in patients with pre-existing heart conditions
Am I just shit outta luck? I'm not seriously hypertensive, so if need be I can get off the pills or see a new doctor and get a new diagnosis... but I don't know if even that will help, and I'd rather find some way to convince the doc anyway/lie and get the pills/something like that.

If I claim not to have any pre-existing conditions, maybe that will work? But I'm sure my medical history would be checked, although why they always bother to ask in that case I'm not sure. Do you think if I was diagnosed as having severe ADD, they'd be willing to increase my BP meds while I'm on Adderall?

Help guise.

Edit: I know this may seem like a bad idea, but I'm otherwise healthy and have used amphetamine before with no ill effects. I think I may have been misdiagnosed, actually; but either way, I feel like I truly need this chemical... especially now, when I'm trying to get my degree.

Last edited by AdMech; 12-24-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:26 AM

Default Re: How can I get prescribed Adderall

It's simple just read up on ADD/ADHD and act like that with the doctor and they might try other drugs at first but if you keep telling them that it's not helping you out in your daily activities than they'll eventually make there way to prescribing you the drug.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:28 AM
:<

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOM-Mr-ight View Post
It's simple just read up on ADD/ADHD and act like that with the doctor and they might try other drugs at first but if you keep telling them that it's not helping you out in your daily activities than they'll eventually make there way to prescribing you the drug.
Did u even read the OP lol, he says he has a BP condition.

OP: I have no idea, but all information on amphetamine says not to take adderall if you have moderate to high hypertension, so I guess u may be alrite.

Last edited by Cliche Guevara; 12-24-2009 at 01:33 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Marquis

Thumbs Up Re: How can I get prescribed Adderall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOM-Mr-ight View Post
This is the plan. I'm just worried that even if I seem to have ADD they won't prescribe due to my blood pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliche Guevara View Post
Did u even read the OP lol, he says he has a BP condition.

OP: I have no idea, but all information on amphetamine says not to take adderall if you have moderate to high hypertension, so I guess u may be alrite.
Good to know it's workable with mild hypertension... perhaps it's not hopeless. Thanks!
Old 12-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Thanked 4,479 Times in 2,895 Posts

Sorry to come in here like a dick with no evidence to back me up but I think you're gonna be ass-out trying to land an amphetamine script with any type of preexisting heart or heart-related condition(s). Yeah, of course it's possible, but it's something you'd probably want to attempt with a doctor you perceive to be either shady or under the thumb of Big Pharma. Offices covered in coasters/tissue boxes/wall clocks/pens/mousepads for whatever drug is "popular" right now is a good sign of a doc who is nice and tight with the drug reps.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Marquis

Curses.

Well, it's only to be expected; I was hoping I could tell them I haven't been diagnosed with anything. I suppose they always check anyway, just in case someone tries to pull something like this.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Grand Duke

I'd expect them to put you on every non-stimulating ADD med first. If they put you straight on amps knowing you had a heard condition and something happened, they would be liable for malpractice. I don't know how bad your heart is or how much amps affect pre-existing conditions, though. I'm fairly certain the only way they could get any of your medical records from any clinic they don't work at is with your express, written permission (and theres a space to withhold any part of your records you want).
Old 12-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractals View Post
I'd expect them to put you on every non-stimulating ADD med first. If they put you straight on amps knowing you had a heard condition and something happened, they would be liable for malpractice.
Makes sense to me, unfortunately.

Quote:
I'm fairly certain the only way they could get any of your medical records from any clinic they don't work at is with your express, written permission (and theres a space to withhold any part of your records you want).
Very nice, thanks! I didn't know this. So basically, as far as they will know (unless I tell them), I have no pre-existing health conditions?
Old 12-24-2009, 11:59 PM
New Arrival

just get any appointment to a phsyciatrist. i went to get a depression evalution. walk out diagnosed with adhd. the dr. will ask questions that will be self explainable for you to answer correctly/
Old 12-25-2009, 12:05 AM
Marquis

Attempt to play "squirrel tag."
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
jator (12-25-2009)
Old 12-25-2009, 07:48 AM
Grand Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdMech View Post
Very nice, thanks! I didn't know this. So basically, as far as they will know (unless I tell them), I have no pre-existing health conditions?
Yup. They monitor you BP and heart rate when they put you on amps. I don't know anything about the heart, but they might discover your heart condition and possibly find out you lied to them and get .
Old 12-26-2009, 12:02 AM
Knight

Send a message via MSN to Miluardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdMech View Post
...while having a minor heart condition? I'm on some pills for blood pressure, so I think a psychiatrist would be reluctant to prescribe Adderall.

Am I just shit outta luck? I'm not seriously hypertensive, so if need be I can get off the pills or see a new doctor and get a new diagnosis... but I don't know if even that will help, and I'd rather find some way to convince the doc anyway/lie and get the pills/something like that.

If I claim not to have any pre-existing conditions, maybe that will work? But I'........
I told a psych I had ADD. She gave me Adderall XR. Give that a try.