Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Official Bullshit > News > From M&A

Old 06-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Autonomato-noma-napoton

Thanked 1,096 Times in 407 Posts
Default June 2010

Sorry it's been so long guys. We've not all been here at the same time and other things came to the forefront in terms of importance. So!
  • I added a vbulletin mod which I know you all noticed...It was supposed to turn the standard URL string into showing the name of the thread in words. As you know, this was very buggy, users were redirected to completely random threads and it didn't work out so well, so it was removed.
  • We discussed deleting and undeleting of threads and posts by mods and users. We decided that users should be able to edit their posts and threads but not delete them.
  • Mods were reminded to be conscientious about what they say to or about other mods in public forums.
  • We're still in the process of discussing the permaban system – what alterations need to be made, and what mods suggest should be changed.
  • We discussed consolidation of forums - Paranormal and Conspiracy forums, for example. It was suggested that thread prefixes should be utilized here, to indicate what the thread content will be, but all in one forum.
  • I have contracted a new host for zoklet.net. In the next few days I will send out a mass PM alerting people of the upcoming downtime for the switch. The new server will be a dual 2.8ghz machine (instead of dual 1.6 POS) with a healthy 6gb of ram. This will drastically reduce the number of times you see DB errors. Because we will still be on a host with heavy DDOS firewalling and frequent botnet attacks, we may still experience some network lag.
  • We welcomed Lovecraft <3 and SilkySmooth to the mod team

That’s about it. Hopefully I’ll be able to update more regularly from now on
-SpectraL (06-18-2010), Chris Hansen (06-22-2010), Hammer Tank (06-19-2010), Joe Camel (06-18-2010), kfc v lot (06-18-2010), Miaow (06-20-2010), TheDarkRodent (06-19-2010)