Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 01-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Default Fake receipt printing

So i've read about people wanting to make fake coinstar receipts, and thats not a bad idea. But then you get greedy, and print a receipt for $100+ and get fucked by the long dick of the law.
heres a story most of you have probably already read, but if not, read up!
http://www.massmostwanted.org/index....aseID=20090624

But my idea is alot less risky.
I recently posted an idea about scamming can return machines. With no success with that idea, i started thinking about how to improve it, and thought..hey, why not just start printing fake receipts. There is a max of $7.20 per day here, so I could only make each receipt 7.20 at most. but go in twice a day=$14 per day, and over a small period of time it will pay off printer and paper needed to make the fakes.
Only problem, I couldnt find any guides on printing fake receipts. I mean like a fake walmart receipt itsnt to complicated, but the receipts that have value are all fancy and shit. I know id need a receipt printer, paper, and some software to design the receipt. I looked at receipt printers, and found a cheap one, but i dont know if it will work for this..
http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CHsQ8wIwAQ#

and same with the paper. will any thermal paper work? like this?
http://www.manuf-apps-estore.com/MAX..._p_229301.html

Please share what you know, this has potential to be a good scam
Old 01-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Default Re: Fake receipt printing

come on, someone has to know something about this? lets hear it guys..

Last edited by Tmm Verett; 01-18-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Baron

Didn't you used to post as 313?
Old 01-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam_Me_Up_Scotty View Post
Didn't you used to post as 313?
haha no. Not the same person, bro. Although I did used to be know by another account.. but bad shit happens, and you gotta go dark for a while, then re-appear with a new identity.

But enough meaningless babble, someone share SOMETHING related to the post, please.
STD (02-03-2012)
Old 01-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmm Verett View Post
haha no. Not the same person, bro. Although I did used to be know by another account.. but bad shit happens, and you gotta go dark for a while, then re-appear with a new identity.

But enough meaningless babble, someone share SOMETHING related to the post, please.
I actually know quite a bit about this, but I think you're 313, and I think he's a retard and refuse to help him.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Banned

http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=77183

Last edited by Computer; 01-18-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson View Post

You use a regular printer and basically you have to tape the receipt to a sheet of paper so that it lines up with it exactly, it may take you a bunch of tries to do it, you can use photoshop to get rid of shadows that may have been printed
lolno
Old 01-18-2011, 07:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
lolno
if you arent gonna help him out then why are you still reading this thread and posting, gtfo douchebag
Old 01-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Baron

Quote:
if you arent gonna help him out then why are you still reading this thread and posting, gtfo douchebag
Your posts are hurting him more than helping him. If he did what you told him to, he'd get arrested for fraud.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Your posts are hurting him more than helping him. If he did what you told him to, he'd get arrested for fraud.
wtf are you talking about??? its taken from another thread!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Baron

Quote:
wtf are you talking about??? its taken from another thread!!!
And that means it's correct?
Old 01-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
And that means it's correct?
omg you're an idiot
Old 01-18-2011, 07:57 PM

i can see where this is going! please turn this around. you have been warned!
Old 01-18-2011, 08:01 PM
Credible Source

I'm probably the one here who has been the most active with receipt fraud.. with that said, feel free and ask me any questions you may have.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravan View Post
I'm probably the one here who has been the most active with receipt fraud.. with that said, feel free and ask me any questions you may have.
Maybe you can start by answering the questions in the op, Mr Expert.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
I actually know quite a bit about this, but I think you're 313, and I think he's a retard and refuse to help him.
No, I assure you I'n not him. Theres several posts where he has actually gone against me. And in one case, someone posted some stupid ass comment along the lines of "this idea sucks, your fucking stupid" and he thanked it. I never quite understood 313..But I can promise you, I'm not him.

Quote:
Please answer the questions in the first post. I gave the link to a printer and to a roll of paper. I want to know if it would get the job done. And how to use the software..and what software To use for that matter. If you would be so kind, would you write a sore of guide to receipt scamming? It would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:49 PM
Knight

Quote:
But he's the king of Detroit!..

Also, FWIW, those receipts contain barcodes referencing a particular transaction in most cases. I'm pretty sure they cross check it with a database in order to update it so you can't keep using that receipt.. which would really fuck up your plan.

These people that design these systems.. they're not complete morons.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:54 AM
Credible Source

Quote:
Maybe you can start by answering the questions in the op, Mr Expert.
I had to skim the thread and I saw so many replies I figured SOMEONE must've answered him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmm Verett View Post
Please answer the questions in the first post. I gave the link to a printer and to a roll of paper. I want to know if it would get the job done. And how to use the software..and what software To use for that matter. If you would be so kind, would you write a sore of guide to receipt scamming? It would be greatly appreciated.
First of all, the receipt printer you chose has waaaaay crappy stats (203 dpi x 203 dpi, Roll (3.15 in), USB ). 203 dpi will look like shit, and no retail would use that low quality of printers. I'm thinking 300dpi minimum.

Second, the return paper you chose to buy is OK but the size is too small. Most retail receipts use 3.15 inch paper.

As for a guide... in short, how this guy whose biography I'm writing does it is this:

1. Go to safeway (or any retail store that doesn't have barcodes that keep track of the receipt)
2. buy $60 worth of items (usually 2 inexpensive items and one expensive)
3. go home and scan the receipt, use photoshop to fix it up and make it pretty
4. print out the receipt using your thermal printer. practice this until it looks almost identical to the original at least. it took him awhile to get it right.
5. go to the store, steal the items on your receipt.
6. go to a different safeway or wait a day and go to the same safeway, and return the items.

The guy I'm talking about would do this about once a month with about 8 total returns to about 6 - 7 different safeways with the same receipt. You only need one, after all, just keep restealing the items and printing the receipt out. Easy $350-$450 in 2 hours
Old 01-19-2011, 04:08 AM
Serf

Is there a list of stores where they don't have barcodes on the receipt?
Old 01-19-2011, 05:01 AM
Credible Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
Is there a list of stores where they don't have barcodes on the receipt?
I made a thread about it before but no one really cared to contribute. Safeway/Vons (or whatever its sister company is called) is the only one I know of so far
Old 01-19-2011, 07:24 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.060.mm View Post
But he's the king of Detroit!..

Also, FWIW, those receipts contain barcodes referencing a particular transaction in most cases. I'm pretty sure they cross check it with a database in order to update it so you can't keep using that receipt.. which would really fuck up your plan.

These people that design these systems.. they're not complete morons.
Quote:
I had to skim the thread and I saw so many replies I figured SOMEONE must've answered him

First of all, the receipt printer you chose has waaaaay crappy stats (203 dpi x 203 dpi, Roll (3.15 in), USB ). 203 dpi will look like shit, and no retail would use that low quality of printers. I'm thinking 300dpi minimum.

Second, the return paper you chose to buy is OK but the size is too small. Most retail receipts use 3.15 inch paper.

As for a guide... in short, how this guy whose biography I'm writing does it is this:

1. Go to safeway (or any retail store that doesn't have barcodes that keep track of the receipt)
2. buy $60 worth of items (usually 2 inexpensive items and one expensive)
3. go home and scan the receipt, use photoshop to fix it up and make it pretty
4. print out the receipt using your thermal printer. practice this until it looks almost identical to the original at least. it took him awhile to get it right.
5. go to the store, steal the items on your receipt.
6. go to a different safeway or wait a day and go to the same safeway, and return the items.

The guy I'm talking about would do this about once a month with about 8 total returns to about 6 - 7 different safeways with the same receipt. You only need one, after all, just keep restealing the items and printing the receipt out. Easy $350-$450 in 2 hours
Im not talking about regular receipts man, im talking can recycling machine receipts. They are alot nicer than a normal receipt
Old 05-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Archduke

Thought I'd share this. I was at the grocery store the other day at the self checkout. On top of each receipt printer was 2 rolls of receipt paper. Would have been so easy to grab one but I've been shopping at this grocery store every week for the past few years & the employees know me.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Credible Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyLady View Post
Thought I'd share this. I was at the grocery store the other day at the self checkout. On top of each receipt printer was 2 rolls of receipt paper. Would have been so easy to grab one but I've been shopping at this grocery store every week for the past few years & the employees know me.
I know how that is
Everyone knows me at the safeway I most frequently get free groceries from. They know me by a different name, of course... but most of the employees recognize me and are really friendly with me. Really makes the whole thing so much more difficult. That, and I look really recognizable

My friend Ai (pronounced "I") wanted to get back into receipt printing. But Ai feel paranoid now that two places have alluded that they know what Ai was doing. Ai knows if he does it with less expensive items and more infrequently, nothing will go wrong. $50 bucks for 20 min of work every so often is just... really hard to not take advantage of.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Archduke

I have a similar problem. I have to be careful with my main money maker b/c people can recognize the pattern. I'm getting really paranoid. Not too happy with what I've been doing so looking to get into something else.

Curious if it would be possible to replicate the coinstar paper since it's damn near impossible to get a hold of the original. The downside with doing the coinstar scam is those who have previously done it have their pictures posted all over since the authorities are looking for them.

What about doing something like this? The only issue is finding stores that don't use barcodes on the receipts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAbagnale View Post
Id appreciate some Rep points for this one

SWIM Does this all the time, and never gets old or caught on.

I havent the time to search through your hundreds of posts but I really like this website and really want to contribute some ideas.

Places that this has worked according to SWIM.
(bare in mind, SWIM is from Canada)

Futureshop
Bestbuy
london drugs
Grocery stores that offer free membership card discounts

(stores that do not have a barcode left on the receipt for future transaction history lookup)

Ok So your shifty. Great. Wanna make a quick $300-1000/day?

Even better right? Perfect. Time to learn.

Step 1

Which ever store you wanna Hit, you need to steal their Till Paper, (a roll of receipt paper)
Not a hard task, most stores have empty and unattended terminals all the time, simply walk over to them, reach to the till paper lid, open it, and remove it. Easy.

Step 2

Secondly, Know your store's Sales cycles.

For example, Futureshop's Sales always start on Fridays. Flyers come in the mail on my door step on Thursday, Great way to start the day.

Step 3

What am I doing with it?
What you want to look for, is Items NOT ON SALE TODAY, but on sale in the flyer.

Lets say, $150 printer on sale tomorrow for 99.99.
GREAT!! thats a savings of 50.01!!

Step 4

Go to the store TODAY and buy it for $150.(ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS PAY WITH CASH) get the receipt, take it home and scan it at 400dpi. Done. thats all you need from the original, You can head back the same day and RETURN the item.

Step 5

Sometimes the receipt paper is fairly long, like 12-13"s so using Legal 8.5"X14"
paper works the best.

(USING AN INKJET ONLY)
Print the Original Document onto the paper so it shows up original size.

Now you have a legal 8.5"x14" paper with a colour printed version of the receipt you just returned. Nice your on your way.
On the side of the Paper you just printed, Take a marker and Draw a directional Arrow down the page so You know which way to feed the paper back into the Inkjet and the way it prints (saves you alot of time because you will be using this 8.5"x14" over and over again Not a just once)
The reason why I ask you to print it off, is you now have a layout where the printer prints onto the paper exactly.

Step 6

Photoshop. I like the magic wand tool, to erase all the slightly shaded areas in the background, any specks in the scan, and to bring up the contrast.

If there are any Logos that are already printed on the till paper, make sure you erase them from the scan. DO NOT CROP the pic, ONLY ERASE Areas. Clean up everything on it, so all it is, is just Words with clear and legible Font.

So you will have left over, a bright white pic, with Good Black font for all the words.

Step 7
Take your Stolen Till paper, Make sure you Cut it 1" longer that the original receipt ( compare with scanned and printed version) Take some Scotch tape, and tape all four corners of the new receipt to the 8.5"x14" scanned and printed copy. DIRECTLY OVERLAPPING WHERE THE RECEIPT SHOULD PRINT. (normally a scanner will produce very slight shadows at the edges of your document) well erase the edges during the final print, but having the edges on the First print that is already on the paper, will provide you with PERFECT width guidelines where to tape the Till paper against the scanned version. Make sure you leave 1/2" more on top and bottom. Now I also add tiny strips of tape along the edge.. so around the whole receipt I might have 8-10 tags of tape, holding it exactly in place.

AN EXTRA NOTE:
Some Stores have Door verifiers, ( Someone who waits at the door to check your receipt and make some marks on your receipt with a yellow or pink highlighter)

If you want to go the extra mile, ONCE THE TILL PAPER IS TAPED TO THE PAPER GRAB A HIGHLIGHTER AND CIRCLE OR MARK THE AREA BEFORE YOU PRINT YOUR BLACK FONT.. If you use a highlighter after, it will smear the black ink. even if you wait until it dries

Step 8
TURN YOUR PRINTER ON TO BLACK INK ONLY!!!!!!!!!

No Colour for the receipt prints. I REPEAT NO COLOUR.

I dont care if all your font looks black, there is tiny specks of purple and brown etc... YOU MUST PRINT IN BLACK INK ONLY MODE. Easy to do in your printer prefernces settings.

Step 9

Feed this Newly modified paper back into your printer.
Print,

You will see that the inkjet will print directly overtop your Till receipt, and look identical to the original receipt. The Hard Part is done.

carefully remove the tape without tearing the receipt, and cut off the access 1/2" up top, and 1/2" on the bottom With a "special trick".

Grab a long sheering scissors or cutting machine, and cut 95% across, and pull tear that last 5%. that simulates that same tear that most till papers get when the cashier pulls it from the machine and hands it to you.

Step 10 (the last step)
Walk into any location of that store lets say Futureshop.

Grab the sales flyer, and walk directly to customer service.

When you get an agent, say, "I bought this yesterday, and its on sale now. I would like a price protection."

So they grab the receipt, check the item number, check the date ( the date is important cause they only honour the price protection with 14-30days depending on the store )

Then they hand you over a new receipt, showing your new price, and you get 50.01 + taxes back CASH. with No product whatsoever. No return, No stealing (technically)

The best thing about this is, You are portraying a paying happy customer, and they want to please you. There is no sketch, or manipulation really with this.

Do this x10 different locations in a day, maybe a week or two apart and your bank roll definitely picks up.

Also, as you get better at it, and becoming a better deal finder, you will find and confidently do 100-200$ per store cash backs.

(I will post another version below with a less security type store)
Old 05-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Wealthy Merchant

We don't have can returns around here. How do they work? Is it a deposit state where they pay per-can, or are they actually weighting what you dump in for aluminum scrap weight?

I couldn't imagine it'd be by weight... loading recycling up with cheap lead shot to increase the weight has been a scam for decades.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:03 AM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmm verett View Post
so i've read about people wanting to make fake coinstar receipts, and thats not a bad idea. But then you get greedy, and print a receipt for $100+ and get fucked by the long dick of the law.
Heres a story most of you have probably already read, but if not, read up!
http://www.massmostwanted.org/index....aseid=20090624

but my idea is alot less risky.
I recently posted an idea about scamming can return machines. With no success with that idea, i started thinking about how to improve it, and thought..hey, why not just start printing fake receipts. There is a max of $7.20 per day here, so i could only make each receipt 7.20 at most. But go in twice a day=$14 per day, and over a small period of time it will pay off printer and paper needed to make the fakes.
Only problem, i couldnt find any guides on printing fake receipts. I mean like a fake walmart receipt itsnt to complicated, but the receipts that have value are all fancy and shit. I know id need a receipt printer, paper, and some software to design the receipt. I looked at receipt printers, and found a cheap one, but i dont know if it will work for this..
http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0chsq8wiwaq#

and same with the paper. Will any thermal paper work? Like this?
http://www.manuf-apps-estore.com/max..._p_229301.html

please share what you know, this has potential to be a good scam
did you get the printert and the software?
I am interesting in the same than you. I need what can of printer and how can i get the same type of letter
Old 05-09-2011, 03:05 AM
New Arrival

Did you get the printer and the software to make the exact recdeipt with the logo and the same type of letter?
Old 05-09-2011, 03:35 AM
Baron

go to walmart, buy whatever it is you want... Return later with the receipt, grab item off shelf, take it to customer service and receive refund... oldest scam in the book.. if you bring in the empty box and switch it up it looks more legit..

you can also hand off the receipt right after you buy something, n you're friend can grab the same thing & walk out with it...

Takes balls but it works...

be carefull though yo...

Last edited by Danger; 05-09-2011 at 03:37 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:42 AM
Baron

This is some crack head shit
Old 05-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetMagic View Post
This is some crack head shit
Crackheads usually just snatch & run
Old 05-24-2011, 12:36 AM
New Arrival

wut about the receipt fonts...its a very important factor
Old 02-03-2012, 06:07 AM
Mud Farmer

Lightbulb Re: Fake receipt printing

okay here it is! you don't need a receipt printer to print receipts. I once did the whole scamming thing at walmart and many other big retailers. H.P. makes a thermal inkjet printer which costs about $49.99 at walmart. you can purchase thermal receipt tape at STAPLES, OFFICE MAX and OFFICE DEPOT. I have used many different software and programs that were very expensive. Since then i have fell in love with a certain software that can work wonders for not only creating receipts but altering documents(birth certificates, s.s.cards,W-2's). This software is totally free and can be downloaded for free at www.gimp.com or look up GIMP 2.6. free download. all you do is place document or receipt face down on glass scanner. Through the GIMP program create an image through scanner. the image of the receipt or document will appear on the screen. all you do is cut and paste the original numbers and letters moving them around to say or appear exactly the way you want. GIMP is an image manipulation program which allows you to manipulate photos documents and receipts. print out the image on to a plain sheet of white paper. once that sheet prints out you place a strip of thermal receipt tape on the sheet aligning the image on the sheet with the receipt tape. use tape at the top and bottom of receipt tape to hold it perfectly in place. take that sheet and place back in the printer. reprint the same image that was printed out before. when it prints out the printer will now print on the receipt tape looking just like a receipt from a store. there you go! now you can make walmart receipts for anything in the store and walk out with it free of cost. all you have to do is show the people greeter the receipt and then you can take you 50inch flatscreen t.v. home. Remember this is just for educational purpose only! my very good friend is currently in prison for this same scam GOOD LUCK!
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
rustyshackleford420 (03-05-2012)
Old 02-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Archduke

^ Edit your post to include paragraphs, please. I couldn't read that, too hard on the eyes.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyLady View Post
The only issue is finding stores that don't use barcodes on the receipts.
It's still a fail because even if the store has no barcode on the receipt, the receipt will have a transaction ID number.

When customer brings receipt to returns, they scan barcode or enter transaction ID.

Every store nowadays has at least transaction ID numbers.

I have worked retail and even operated shit 10 year old POS systems, and they even have transaction ID.

Might get away with pulling this scam at a newsagent. Lolz.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:11 AM
Mud Farmer

Does anyone know if this works in australia.
At my local supermarket like woolworths (similar to safeway) one day i returned acouple bag of chips with NO RECIPT! and got my $5 back!!

So this might be working but im just double checking. I am gettin reciept paper from a freind who works at the store because the reciepts have advertisements at the back. So all i need is details on a good cheap thermal Printer??

Can i have some help guys! But i really like this idea props to whoever thought of it
Old 03-05-2012, 11:30 AM

most places worldwide its up to $20 with no receipt.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:28 AM
Mud Farmer

Anyone know a good thermal printer to buy
?
Old 03-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Serf

Removed, went against forum rules.

Last edited by bitterlogic; 03-20-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Serf

Removed, went against forum rules.

Last edited by bitterlogic; 03-20-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:41 AM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfromdownunder View Post
It's still a fail because even if the store has no barcode on the receipt, the receipt will have a transaction ID number.

When customer brings receipt to returns, they scan barcode or enter transaction ID.

Every store nowadays has at least transaction ID numbers.

I have worked retail and even operated shit 10 year old POS systems, and they even have transaction ID.

Might get away with pulling this scam at a newsagent. Lolz.
If this is true, then... whats the point? But then again lets say you buy a polo for $90 and return it after you get the receipt. Then just copy and print exactly what's on that legit receipt to a homemade one. Then when they bring up the transaction, it's legit...