Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > This Just In!

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 01:41 AM
Duke

Send a message via AIM to Om Namah Shivaya
Default Nuclear engineers urging IAEA to create ôLevel 8″ on INES scale for Fukushima

http://enenews.com/nuclear-engineers...-for-fukushima

is this source legit?
Old 06-03-2011, 01:43 AM
Duke

Default Re: Nuclear engineers urging IAEA to create ôLevel 8″ on INES scale for Fukushima

In before the retards who think nuclear power is a gift from heaven and doesn't put the entire world population at risk.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Baron

Default Re: Nuclear engineers urging IAEA to create ôLevel 8″ on INES scale for Fukushima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoxicated Shaman View Post
In before the retards who think nuclear power is a gift from heaven and doesn't put the entire world population at risk.
In after retard.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Banned

Thanked 3,517 Times in 2,596 Posts

Most of Japan has just been literally saturated with lethal levels of radiation. All this time Iodine-131 has been pouring out all over the land, in their rain, in their food, in their water... I've been watching the live output ever since the disaster and it's just unbelievable... it has not stopped raining down radiation upon the entire area since Day 1.

http://www.zamg.ac.at/pict/aktuell/20110404_fuku_I-131.gifhttp://www.zamg.ac.at/pict/aktuell/20110407_fuku_I-131.gifhttp://www.zamg.ac.at/pict/aktuell/20110408_fuku_I-131.gifhttp://www.zamg.ac.at/pict/wetter/sonderwetter/fuku/20110602_I-131_FUKU.gif
source: http://www.zamg.ac.at/wetter/fukushima/

Last edited by -SpectraL; 06-03-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoxicated Shaman View Post
...........just seriously

Nuclear power is an incredibly safe method of producing energy, the only problem here is that the plant was hit by a fucking earthquake!! Burning fossil fuels and poisoning the atmosphere is a FAR bigger risk to a FAR higher percentage of the worlds population.

I completely agree with investing in alternative power sources, i'm all for renewable energy and i know full well if serious investment is put into it, it would be as viable as fossil fuels and nuclear power today.

The fact of the matter is, it isn't yet. Until then, nuclear power, while it may not be a gift from heaven, is the most viable, efficient and yes, cleanest method we have. Also it certainly does not put the entire world population at any major risk.

Once more for good measure
Old 06-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Archduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefer View Post
...........just seriously

Nuclear power is an incredibly safe method of producing energy, the only problem here is that the plant was hit by a fucking earthquake!!
And an entire country is fucked because of this. One unforseeable thing happens, and boom; you're shit out of luck.

It's too risky.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by i poop in your cereal View Post
And an entire country is fucked because of this. One unforseeable thing happens, and boom; you're shit out of luck.

It's too risky.
By entire country you mean, not the entire country. Also as if it wasn't already fucked by the earthquake and tsunami.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
By entire country you mean, not the entire country. Also as if it wasn't already fucked by the earthquake and tsunami.
Unfortunately, some people here take spectroll seriously......
Old 06-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Anyone gonna point out that bribes were paid to look the other way with the choice of location of the Fukushima plant. They knew it was a bad area and wanted to make money. Its not that nuke power is dangerous, greed is dangerous.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBum View Post
Anyone gonna point out that bribes were paid to look the other way with the choice of location of the Fukushima plant. They knew it was a bad area and wanted to make money. Its not that nuke power is dangerous, greed is dangerous.
No, because that would involve actually researching the situation and assessing the other factors involved.

Why would anyone possibly want to do this when we have spectroll to do it all for us.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Destroyer of worlds

Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,129 Posts

Not a News Article, sorry. It also sounds like fear mongering. Every website that claims this points to OPs article. Doesn't sound very legit. /thread

PM me a real source if you want it reopened.