Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Love, Lust, and Relationships

Old 09-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Baron

Default Re: Help! I like my assistant manager at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by water bottle View Post
I read nothing of your post but I assume it was written on some sort of amphetamine

longtoasts
Shit, am I that obvious?

I guess its no coincidence that I have been told to shut the fuck up more times in the past few days than in my whole life up til now
Old 09-04-2011, 04:24 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmobster View Post
Hmm, Bulgarian. A year later he's still gonna thank you only for sending him bread
i dont know what you meant by this post
Old 09-04-2011, 04:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAN View Post
Hi.

My assistant manager is like, really cute and shit and I really like him. thing is, i am woefully socially inept, and I don't know how to approach a guy. Like I don't know how to make small talk, don't know how to flirt, in fact, when he's around, I am even too nervous to smile.

The only thing I can think of doing, is to bring him bread/pastry, see because I work in a bakery also and everyday I get 10 dollars worth of free products. I hope by keeping bringing him he will one day treat me to dinner as a form of saying thank you or something like that. Another advantage of this is that I can strike up a conversation with him asking him what kind of bread/pastry he likes. what do you guys think of this idea?

But the most pressing thing is how to let him know that i am interested but do it in a way that I can't be shot down/rejected because we have to work together and see each other. I have been considering picking up a few phrases in his native tongue (he's Bulgarian) to let me know I am interested but i read in this other thread this could be considered creepy. I am out of ideas. I don't know how to let him know I like him without putting myself in a vulnerable position.

Please help.
and i guess you assistant mamager is a 'hot whit boi'. looks like after nearly a decade you whill finally be smoking 'hot whit boi' poll

just show him your novel you been writing for a decade. He will jump on ur cock then. No creepiness at all.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:44 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMinster of the Piece View Post
and i guess you assistant mamager is a 'hot whit boi'. looks like after nearly a decade you whill finally be smoking 'hot whit boi' poll

just show him your novel you been writing for a decade. He will jump on ur cock then. No creepiness at all.
editted

Last edited by WAN; 01-09-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:49 AM
welcome to the machine

Keep working at it wan, give us updates
Old 09-04-2011, 04:52 AM
LongDickHipHopPerfection

Thanked 4,303 Times in 2,506 Posts

You: Hey, you want to go out after work?
Him: Sure, where?
You: How about (name of bar or other social setting near place of employment)
Him: Great.
Or
You: You: Hey, you want to go out after work?
Him: I'm not sure that's a good idea.
You: Ok, just trying to be social.

The only thing separating you from successful people is practice and self confidence.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:37 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Default Update on my Bulgarian assistant manager

Hi. so I like this assistant manager at work, who happens to be bulgarian. I talked about him incessantly with this girl at work, who happens to be very outgoing and talkative, and she told everyone, including him, that i like him. I think he likes me too, because he was trying to initiate a conversation with me the other day (but i just kept on walking past him; i am an idiot, don't ask me why i didn't stop to talk to him) and he gave me the eye when he walked out the door the other night.

today at work, he said hello to me, but i was too nervous to say anything back, so i LOOKED like i wasn't interested in talking to him. I think this discouraged him a bit, and he didn't try to have any contact with me today. I am thinking, I should do something about it. Maybe what I will do, is talk to that talkative girl again, and say, "You know, I think he has a girlfriend. I might as well give up on him", and she is BOUND to react to this, because I think she wants the two of us to get together. Hopefully she will run up to him and ask him for me if he has a girlfriend, and at the same time let him know that I am still interested in him.

what do you guys think of this idea?
Old 09-21-2011, 04:44 AM
Knight

Default Re: Update on my Bulgarian assistant manager

I think eventually you are going to have to talk to this gentleman yourself. Relying on others for this seems.... infantile.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:50 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuvius View Post
I think eventually you are going to have to talk to this gentleman yourself. Relying on others for this seems.... infantile.
this will the be last time, I promise.

He did try to start a conversation with me but for some reason I didn't stop and talk to him (instead I just kept on walking. i was on my way to the washroom). I still kick myself for it to this day. but i promise next time he tries to talk to me, i will respond.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:54 AM
Duke

Thanked 1,543 Times in 1,080 Posts

you could talk to your friend again, or you could bite the bullet and just ask him out. the only thing he can do is say no and even though that's embarassing it isn't the end of the world. maybe you can get a group of people at your job to go out after work and invite him along, it gives you the chance to talk to him in an environment where there's no pressure.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:59 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mandrake View Post
you could talk to your friend again, or you could bite the bullet and just ask him out. the only thing he can do is say no and even though that's embarassing it isn't the end of the world. maybe you can get a group of people at your job to go out after work and invite him along, it gives you the chance to talk to him in an environment where there's no pressure.
that's a good idea.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:59 AM
Knight

If you want to know what I HONESTLY think: I think you are attracted to the fantasy of this man. I think you have worked a relationship through in your head, you are attracted to aspects of this guy that may or may not exist only within your own mind. I think when you are approached with the reality of him face to face, you crumble inside because you fear it's not going to ever be like it is in the fantasy you have created, you are afraid that the fantasy man you have enjoyed so much in your thoughts may not turn out to be as glorious as you imagined.

So inwardly you are rejecting making a connection, as it's safer to your fantasy to keep this this person interesting to you. Sure you SAY you want him, you tell others you want him, but you are unwilling to make the step you have made in your fantasies.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:03 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

dude, i have no idea how you reached that conclusion but no, i entertain no fantasies in my head. i saw with my own eyes how he's made giggling like a little boy by those around him and this really drives me insane with desires for him.

Last edited by WAN; 09-21-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:14 AM
Knight

Now ask yourself what about him makes you feel this way. Is it not something you have thought about that is attractive and interesting? Is it his looks? His personality? The thought of sex with this individual? The position of power over you? What exactly is the nature of this attraction?

You've already worked out something that makes you attracted to him, this would be your fantasy. There is nothing wrong with visualizing the relationship with him you are after. I'm not trying to insult you at all.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:17 AM
LongDickHipHopPerfection

Thanked 4,303 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote:
Hi. so I like this assistant manager at work, who happens to be bulgarian. I talked about him incessantly with this girl at work, who happens to be very outgoing and talkative, and she told everyone, including him, that i like him. I think he likes me too, because he was trying to initiate a conversation with me the other day (but i just kept on walking past him; i am an idiot, don't ask me why i didn't stop to talk to him) and he gave me the eye when he walked out the door the other night.

today at work, he said hello to me, but i was too nervous to say anything back, so i LOOKED like i wasn't interested in talking to him. I think this discouraged him a bit, and he didn't try to have any contact with me today. I am thinking, I should do something about it. Maybe what I will do, is talk to that talkative girl again, and say, "You know, I think he has a girlfriend. I might as well give up on him", and she is BOUND to react to this, because I think she wants the two of us to get together. Hopefully she will run up to him and ask him for me if he has a girlfriend, and at the same time let him know that I am still interested in him.

Get rid of the part where he's a guy and your assistant manager and it sounds like the first time i liked a girl in 5th grade.

Not trying to be a dick, but nut up and flirt with the bro like an adult.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:44 AM
Baron

Quote:

Firstly don't ask questions through the gossiper (this annoys the shit out of me at least after the first few times), say how you like X about him and how shy you are when your around him (so the guy doesn't think your ignoring him, forget this if you want to approach him) and that is sure to be passed on.
If hes actively trying to talk to you, chances are he has no girlfriend. From what i can gather it seems like he wants to talk to you. So talk back! playing hard to get only works for so long... Just hang around one day until hes leaving and say you were going to grab a drink and relax after work, then ask if he would like to come. If hes any bit intelligent, and/or likes you he will go, even if he has stuff on. Then have a few drinks, it will help with the shyness and try to talk about stuff other than work. basically just enjoy your time with him and flirt a bit.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:19 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Default Why does my Bulgarian assistant manager act this way? What does it mean?

So I took the advice from zoklet and I mustered up the courage to actually talk to my Bulgarian assistant manager before he went home yesterday. Throughout the whole conversation (if you want to call it that. see reason below), he didn't make any eye contact with me whatsoever. But instead of leaving straight away, he walked over to this guy who was playing a game on his cell phone, and just stood there and watched.

I am suspecting he was being shy, and not actively trying to avoid me, for the following reasons:

1. He tried to initiate a conversation with me the other day, by saying, "how are you Jessica" whilst making steady eye contact. And it was late into the day, so it wasn't like I just started my shift.
2. He gave me the eye while walking out the door on the same day.
3. He already put on his hoody and was about to leave, but instead of leaving, he stayed a little bit and watched some guy play games. All the while my eyes were fixated on him, and I was about 95% sure he could see it in his peripheral vision (due to the way I faced him)

He actually looks at everybody in the eyes when talking to them. It was only with me that he didn't do that. This exception makes me wonder a little bit. He is an assistant manager, he should know better than to not look at someone in the eyes when talking to them. Also, before I started to like him, we used to talk about stuff outside of work, and he acted really naturally, looking at me in the eyes and everything.

ON the other hand, he is 32. I highly doubt that a guy who is 32 and is competent enough to be an assistant manager might get so shy around a woman that he is avoiding eye contact when she talks to him. so this makes me think that maybe he really doesn't want to talk to me outside of work.

I am all out of ideas. totse, what do you think? Is he being shy or does he simply not want to talk to me?

Last edited by WAN; 09-22-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Knight

Send a message via AIM to plehem12
Default Re: Why does my Bulgarian assistant manager act this way? What does it mean?

sounds like youre hideously ugly and while he may be able to look at other employees and customers in the face, yours is way above his pay grade
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Hydroponichronic (09-23-2011), panthrax (09-23-2011), T.K. Baha (09-22-2011), virgil caine (09-23-2011)
Old 09-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Default Re: Why does my Bulgarian assistant manager act this way? What does it mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plehem12 View Post
sounds like youre hideously ugly and while he may be able to look at other employees and customers in the face, yours is way above his pay grade
you know, if you don't have anything to contribute, you should just keep your mouth shut. your post was neither funny nor meaningful. nor did it sting like you probably intended for it to.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
plehem12 (09-22-2011), Star Wars Fan (09-23-2011)
Old 09-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Grander Duke

Thanked 2,283 Times in 1,493 Posts

Did you do that thing where you told someone gossipy that you like him?
Old 09-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Ugly Pile of Bones

Thanked 7,229 Times in 4,534 Posts

Quote:
does he simply not want to talk to me?
3char
Old 09-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Baron

Staff relationship is frowned upon, he was probably thinking he could lose his job.
FYI he is an asshole.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
I highly doubt that a guy who is 32 and is competent enough to be an assistant manager might get so shy around a woman that he is avoiding eye contact when she talks to him.
I worked in a camera shop and the assistant manager there was a fucking nerd.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Duke

ask him for his phone #then send him naked pictures
Old 09-22-2011, 06:56 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgil caine View Post
ask him for his phone #then send him naked pictures
Jeez, she doesn't want to blind the guy!
Old 09-22-2011, 06:59 PM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
Jeez, she doesn't want to blind the guy!
lmao
Old 09-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Count

Quote:

He actually looks at everybody in the eyes when talking to them. It was only with me that he didn't do that. This exception makes me wonder a little bit. He is an assistant manager, he should know better than to not look at someone in the eyes when talking to them.

ON the other hand, he is 32. I highly doubt that a guy who is 32 and is competent enough to be an assistant manager might get so shy around a woman that he is avoiding eye contact when she talks to him. ?
your doubts are based on?

i was a hiring and firing manager, as well as lead man in a sanitation company and worked mostly with people whos language i couldnt speak fluently. yeah, im that damned good. but i still have trouble keeping eye contact but i have adhd and my attention (eyes shift) but i communicate well.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Knight

Like the previous post said Superior/subordinate relations are HIGHLY frowned upon often to the point of termination. And it's usually not the superior that gets terminated.

So anyway, I'm proud of you for getting the courage up enough to talk to him. Good job!

So the way I see it, there are one of two things going on, and maybe both. First, he likes you as eye candy, doesn't want to date you or hook up with you, most likely because he wants to keep you around and not see you terminated (or himself).
Or second, he might already be in a committed relationship, he may not advertise his relationship status to everyone, he might be keeping his personal interests entirely separate from his professional interests.

Either way what you described sounds like he's avoiding you. If he had any intention of hooking up with you, he would have followed you out of the building at the end of the work day, and made small talk with you along the way. The fact that he was preparing to leave and delayed in doing so (also the avoiding eye contact) is an indicator that he doesn't want to lead you on.

I'm sure you hate my responses because they are not what you want to hear. But I'm just telling you how I see it from the information I'm getting from you. Don't shoot the messenger.

On a side note workplace romances in my experiences, very rarely turn our well. There is the gossip factor, the competition factor, petty jealousies, and a bunch of other factors that make these type of relationships have a low chance of success. You can keep trying if you want to, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. It's a nice fantasy for you (and even perhaps him) but I think some casual workplace flirting is about as far as you might be able to take this.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:18 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
So anyway, I'm proud of you for getting the courage up enough to talk to him. Good job!
thanks dude!

Quote:
Either way what you described sounds like he's avoiding you. If he had any intention of hooking up with you, he would have followed you out of the building at the end of the work day, and made small talk with you along the way. The fact that he was preparing to leave and delayed in doing so (also the avoiding eye contact) is an indicator that he doesn't want to lead you on.
but how does delaying leaving translate into him not wanting to lead me on? shouldn't it be the other way, as in, if he was in a big hurry to leave as i tried to have a small talk, that means he's not interested?
Old 09-23-2011, 04:45 AM
Knight

Well if he was delaying to talk with you, that's one thing, that would show intent. But he was delaying to see some game on a phone of one of the other co-workers, sounds like he was intentionally looking for an reason to excuse himself from the situation.

Sure it might have been an awesome game or something but we men are pretty simple in that possible sex trumps stupid phone game any day of the week.

Also the big thing here is the lack of eye contact, you have to assume that word has spread about your attraction. For a guy we'd consider this a sure thing ( as it likely is in your case) which should give him confidence to meet your adoring gaze, knowing you are all wet for him. Which to me would mean that he's either very socially inept (doubtful considering his position), or uninterested in taking the step from subordinate employee to lover.

I was also under the impression that he and you also end the work shift at the same time, though I see I could be wrong about that. If that's not the case I guess it's worth trying a second time, when he gets off his shift make an excuse to go to your car or something outside and try the small talk again.

"Oh you going home already? I was just going to head to my car to get XXXX, I'm headed that direction myself, I'll follow you out.."

It would be really hard to drop a line like that, and him still not get the hint that is implied.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:46 AM
President Of The Fragyard

Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,837 Posts

Quick, fuck him in the ass!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:56 AM
Duke

Grin Re: Why does my Bulgarian assistant manager act this way? What does it mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dephdiddy View Post
i was a hiring and firing manager, as well as lead man in a sanitation company and worked mostly with people whos language i couldnt speak fluently. yeah, im that damned good.
quoted for lulz
Old 09-23-2011, 05:17 AM
Archduke

Thanked 1,245 Times in 851 Posts

Quote:
you know, if you don't have anything to contribute, you should just keep your mouth shut. your post was neither funny nor meaningful. nor did it sting like you probably intended for it to.
No, it was funny. You just fail to see it.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:23 AM

Okay, don't be mean, faggot. WAN, you've gotta be more expressive.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Wealthy Merchant

i read one of your other stories, did you ever bring him the food from your other job?
Old 09-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
Well if he was delaying to talk with you, that's one thing, that would show intent. But he was delaying to see some game on a phone of one of the other co-workers, sounds like he was intentionally looking for an reason to excuse himself from the situation.
First of all I just want to say that dude you sound like you have a lot of experience and know what you are talking about, after having read your posts. Now, as for him looking at some game on a phone, the thing is, he already put on his hoody and was about to leave, if he really wanted to excuse himself from a conversation with me, he could have just said, "well, I am going home. see you tomorrow!!" but he didn't. Instead he stayed. The way I see it, though I could be terribly wrong, is that he wanted to have a small talk with me, but was reluctant to show interest, due to the way I acted earlier before (I will explain later). See on the day before, which was Tuesday, I just started work, and as he walked down the stairs, he called my name, "Jessica", in a tiny voice. Then I just froze, cause I was so nervous and didn't know how to act, and I didn't even make eye contact, didn't say his name back either, and just stood there. He must have taken this to mean a lack of interest.

I am not perceiving things how I wish them to be, though. Why i suspect he was delaying departure in order to talk to me is because last week, which was the Wednesday from the previous week, he gave me a look while on his way out. During the day, he also tried to initiate conversation with me, by saying "Jessica, how are you?" but both times I failed to respond (I know, I am stupid). He must have thought I wasn't interested.

Quote:

Also the big thing here is the lack of eye contact, you have to assume that word has spread about your attraction. For a guy we'd consider this a sure thing ( as it likely is in your case) which should give him confidence to meet your adoring gaze, knowing you are all wet for him. Which to me would mean that he's either very socially inept (doubtful considering his position), or uninterested in taking the step from subordinate employee to lover.
Yeah, I feel very unsure about the lack of eye contact, too. Right now I chalk it up to trepidation/hesitation on his part, due to my previous lukewarm reactions to his showing of interest.

Quote:
I was also under the impression that he and you also end the work shift at the same time,
dude, you are fucking good. Our shifts do end approximately at the same time. how did you know?

Quote:
though I see I could be wrong about that. If that's not the case I guess it's worth trying a second time, when he gets off his shift make an excuse to go to your car or something outside and try the small talk again.

"Oh you going home already? I was just going to head to my car to get XXXX, I'm headed that direction myself, I'll follow you out.."

It would be really hard to drop a line like that, and him still not get the hint that is implied.
I plan on making small talk with him again. I shan't give up, I really like this guy. If he is truly shy and inexperienced with women, so much the better, I will only like him more.

I will also include the conversation I had with him, just for your benefit, Masuvius.

Me: "going home?"
him: "yes"
Me; "I heard your mom's here (from Bulgaria)"
Him: "yes"
Me: "are you gonna take her sight seeing".
Him" Yes. it's been raining but it's supposed to be sunny on the weekend"
me: "when was the last time you saw your mother?"
him: "last year"
Me: "can I ask how long you have been in canada?"
him: "15 years"
Me" "how old are you?"
him: "32".

then he just stood next to some guy who was playing games on his cell phone. All the while I was looking at him.

Next time I talk to him, He is probably going to be avoiding eye contact again. Then I will say to him, "are you being shy or you just don't want to talk to me". this will force him to respond to me, then I will say, " you know, you should give me some encouragement. It takes a lot of courage for me to come up to you and talk to you like this". then depending on what he says, I hope to work in this:" I am intimidated by your good looks, you know". then take it from there. what do you think of this?

thank you so much for all your all very helpful responses, dude.

Last edited by WAN; 09-23-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
Okay, don't be mean, faggot. WAN, you've gotta be more expressive.
heh, thanks
can you give a more detailed response, as in, how to be more expressive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkem View Post
i read one of your other stories, did you ever bring him the food from your other job?
yep. I brought him cinnamon buns. he expressed his gratitude, then said I could have some if I wanted to. Then on the same night, after he had gone home, I checked the fridge, the buns were still there. it wasn't until some time later the second day that the buns were gone. I figure it didn't click with him that i liked him. but on the same night, as I walked past him, I looked at him, and for some reason, he looked up (he was helping a customer), and our eyes met. he looked a little surprised.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:52 PM

Cut the bullshit. Tell him you want to catch a coffee with him. Just step it up!
Old 09-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
Cut the bullshit. Tell him you want to catch a coffee with him. Just step it up!
that would be like moving too fast, given our dynamics. but thanks for trying to help
Old 09-23-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
that would be like moving too fast, given our dynamics. but thanks for trying to help
No, you're too timid. Trust me, I'm a pro.