Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry > From Seed to Smoke

Old 10-07-2011, 02:35 AM
is baked

Thanked 1,267 Times in 954 Posts
Default might be scarce for awhile

I'm working with a local occupy group, and between their forums, various committees, recruiting at events, and a whole host of other balls i've currently got in the air, i might not be around daily like i usually am.

The regulars around here are some of the best posters zoklet has to offer though, adn i'm sure that if i don't see something quickly enough they'll hop in to help out anyone's questions....besides, it's the fall. unless your indoors i figure most people are harvested, or getting ready to.

i'm not stepping down or anything, and i'll still be checking in as often as i can get wifi reception on my phone,for that matter it could all fall apart next week and i'm back with you lot. we'll see.

there's a lot of angry people out there, not just college kids. last count as of three days ago had occupy groups in 160 cities and 5 countries.

I don't agree with all their principles, but i do agree the system needs a good kicking. we can hash out this anti capitalism nonsense later. besides, i can't see any revolution leaving the war on drugs in place, when ending it would cripple the prison lobbys, and the LEO's living off of forfeiture in one move.

so yeah, not looking to stir up debate, activisim comes from action, and i do hope that some of you go out and stand up for something you believe in, at some point in your life. whatever it happens to be. the important thing is getting out and waving a sign at traffic, while shouting a lot.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:41 AM
Archduke

Thanked 1,245 Times in 851 Posts
Default Re: might be scarce for awhile

Wait, occupy as in occupy wallstreet? Hm, well, I don't dig their other motives, but if it'll change america's drug policies, I'm in favor of it. Good stuff.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:44 AM
is baked

Thanked 1,267 Times in 954 Posts
Default Re: might be scarce for awhile

<shrug> i don't have to agree with their entire platform to know i like it better than a government blatantly owned by corps. with money now equaling speech we probably don't have all that long to do anything, if anyone even can. it's probably too far gone already. but their momentum is pretty exciting.