Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 02-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Banned

Default Can't scam on eBay anymore? Try Amazon. Direct deposit, easy money.

This is going to be a little mini advertising. We all know how paypal + ebay used to be good money, maybe for some of you it still is (lucky you!)

But a great way to make some quick money if you don't mind killing any possibility of selling on Amazon is to create a merchant seller account. It's quite simple, just go to Amazon.com. Sign up. You'll need a credit card/bank account (metabank/greendot works great btw!)

Do not do any deviant stuff for a month, the first two deposits are heavily monitored to see if you're actually a real seller or just going to be a scammy scam. Actually sell shit you have, whether it be crappy books, games or trash you have laying around. Invest $30 in supplies, and sell them. Once they sell, print out shipping labels for fre through amazon and ship them through. Get about 5 items sold.

After the second dispersement, sell items which will go quick. I recomond one or two high value items, over numerous small priced items. Try to avoid electronics if possible (everyone scams on there.)

www.amazon.com/seller-account

Good luck, don't use your real name. Keep it under $1000 to avoid having to do a tax identity sheet.

If you can continually get new metabank account numbers, and one virtual cc with about $5 on it, you can continue on this escapade for quite some time.

Yes, I know this isn't that detailed. The reason being it's quite obvious to do, but still has not been abused to the level that eBay has.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Serf

Default Re: Can't scam on eBay anymore? Try Amazon. Direct deposit, easy money.

Is this like paypal where the policies pretty much protect scammers or do you need to actually go about properly securing yourself?
Old 02-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonymous View Post
Is this like paypal where the policies pretty much protect scammers or do you need to actually go about properly securing yourself?
Amazon is different, they will protect buyers over you. And with recent tax changes which require Amazon to grab every sellers Social security number or FEIN, you aren't actually able to go over 1k otherwise they'd temporaily block dispersement until you conviently donate this info. What you need to do is stay under $900 or so dollars, which is easily possible within 4 weeks, since first dispeserment is done in 14 days, and then you can request another one within 72 hours of the 14 days.

This means it technically is posisble to recieve up to $900 every 16-20 days, but do not abuse it, use proper anonmonity techniques and do not set yourself up for failure.

This means do not use your real contact information, use an IP address that is not tracable to you. Do not donate any factual information. Make sure that your name and the name on the metabank account MATCHES otherwise deposit will be rejected by the bank (as a measure to reduce fraud, dun dun thanks paypal users!)

This also means use a dedicated browser, delete cookies whenever, and run a secured, locked down operating system though a virtual machine. Also do not use popular email providers such as gmail/yahoo.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Archduke

Amazon allows dispersement of funds every 24 hours after the probationary period(was 2 weeks, but I heard it's 3 now) is over. Amazon raises it's velocity limits around Christmas time.

Amazon is very good at detecting multiple accounts.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTlauien View Post
Amazon allows dispersement of funds every 24 hours after the probationary period(was 2 weeks, but I heard it's 3 now) is over. Amazon raises it's velocity limits around Christmas time.

Amazon is very good at detecting multiple accounts.
Yes, they are quite excellent. This is why you need to clear cookies, flash cache data and be careful of your browser identity string, browser version number, operating system version, etc. It's best if it MATCHES each time. Probationary around christmas time in 2011 was 2 weeks and after you pass that you are free to list as many items you want and carry dispersments as you wish.

Do understand it takes 2-5 days for the funds to appear in your account. I HIGHLY recomond using tracking numbers for USPS since it is not as descriptive when compared to DHL/FedEx/UPS.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:18 AM
Serf

This post sparked my interest, but after researching it a bit more, seems like a dead end. From what it looks like, any payments you receive to your account are held for 21 days, then are "disbursed" 7-14 days later. In 4 weeks time, anything you sell and don't deliver will get an A-Z dispute opened and the funds held. Or is there something I'm missing?
Old 02-13-2012, 02:19 AM
Peasant

I remember the 1st couple of years when Ebay started, people were scamming fake Rolex watches on there & the buyers were falling for it & im talking $10,000 to $20,000 watches.

The seller was protected big time until late 2008 where it switched over to the buyer being protected & being able to scam sellers now. I almost got scammed for a $130 Sony handheld PSP game system but luckily I had a tracking number & insurance on it. The guy buying it ended up closing his account & as a 100% buyer rating, I had to prove I sent it to him.

After the guy took the PSP & got his money back through Ebay, I still ended up keeping the money the guy sent so Ebay was the loser in this spot.

Now a days it seems the buyers can scam easily.............
Old 02-13-2012, 06:10 AM
Baron

Amazon like ebay will take the hit at certain times for items.

I sold a book and this bitch stated it was the wrong one ( It wasnt trust me ) and after proving by matching the exact weight the item was listed at with the weight that was on the tracking number + the box amazon closed the order and she never gave me bad feedback so...
Old 02-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfire667 View Post
This post sparked my interest, but after researching it a bit more, seems like a dead end. From what it looks like, any payments you receive to your account are held for 21 days, then are "disbursed" 7-14 days later. In 4 weeks time, anything you sell and don't deliver will get an A-Z dispute opened and the funds held. Or is there something I'm missing?
This is why for the first month you operate as a legit seller. Then on the second-third month, you run off with a few thousand.

This isn't a overnight scam, this is one you build up over a period of time, more time invested = more payout. This is the number one thing scamers don't seem to understand.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:29 PM
Mud Farmer

has anyone done what the OP said? Make an account, operate as a legit seller for about a month until the settlement process has gone through and simply make about $900 off someone?
Old 07-16-2013, 06:03 AM
Archduke

A lot of you have no clue how Amazon works.

The goal is to legitly force an account into a review, pass the review, and then rip.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:11 AM
Mud Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTlauien View Post
A lot of you have no clue how Amazon works.

The goal is to legitly force an account into a review, pass the review, and then rip.
what if your amazon ghost account does not go into a review? you just operate as a legit seller 'til probationary period is up then post an item for 900 then sell.... what are the possibilities of what may happen?
Old 07-17-2013, 01:11 AM
Mud Farmer

if someone makes 10 stealth accounts buying and selling small stuff from eachother for the first month and getting a high rating.... then all of a sudden after the probationary period is up... BAM 1 big ticket item from each of the stealth accounts... we're talking close to 9 grand a month endeavor...

one problem someone might run into while lollygagging their way into a fuckton of money is which prepaid debit card accounts will accept amazon disbursement which doesn't match the name of the account holder? AccountNow? GreenDot?
Old 07-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Archduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by black-shores View Post
what if your amazon ghost account does not go into a review? you just operate as a legit seller 'til probationary period is up then post an item for 900 then sell.... what are the possibilities of what may happen?
All accounts my friend has had, go into a review after selling a certain amount of items. I've heard that some accounts don't though, but I'm not sure why.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:04 AM
qt 3.14

If I was going to do this, I'd have at least 10 accounts and made sure each one had mac spoofing and different IP with a VCC attached to it and a google voice number. That being said, after that, it'd probably be best to actually sell at least 400-800$ worth of real stuff on each account over time. After it goes into review, scam something decent, cashout, then leave. Repeat with each account.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:52 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbykirb View Post

This also means use a dedicated browser, delete cookies whenever, and run a secured, locked down operating system though a virtual machine. Also do not use popular email providers such as gmail/yahoo.
Will someone please explain what a "secured, locked down OS" is?

If I run an OS within a virtual machine, does that mean it is secured and locked down?
Old 01-31-2014, 05:33 PM
Serf

Investment = Time

More time = More Money.

Finally found a use for all of my information.

5 Stealth accounts with spoofed IP's created.

Time to sell some goosebump books and shit.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Knight

Why not just use fullz, sell legit for a few months and then scam. At least then it would be worth doing.

Same goes for ebay. Buy as much stock as you can afford.