Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Society > The Inhumane Condition

Old 03-06-2012, 02:00 AM
Peasant

Post Re: if vegetarians got their way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Julily View Post
Eating meat is not the real issue.
at least you got it half right. factory farming is an abomination, that much is true, but eating meat is also a very real issue. it is not really that difficult to comprehend. it is wrong. it is unethical. it is cruel. it is inhumane. meat is murder.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:40 AM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really Awesome Nickname View Post
stupidest shit of all is trying to turn the way nature designed shit to work. cruelty on animals is something else other than animals eating other aimals, prease dont be ridiculous veggiepussies
whole lotta' nothing there.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:19 AM
Marquis

Default Re: if vegetarians got their way

It would change the course of human evolution.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:24 AM
Duke

Thanked 1,047 Times in 719 Posts

http://encyclopediadramatica.ch/Vegan

/thread
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
is all mememememe with me (03-06-2012), King of the world (03-06-2012), The Pat-Man (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 03:27 AM
Peasant

Quote:
Innocents already are being hurt by the meat industry in a very real and direct way. Does no one care about the unhappy livestock?

Even if you only do care about humanity above all else, humans are being harmed by this disgusting practice. They are being harmed by the unhealthy food they eat. One may argue that it is an individual's decision whether or not to eat meat from unhealthy and often even sickly livestock, but children are being born into this world to be fed this meat without an understanding of where exactly their food comes from. These children are the true human innocents that are being harmed, raised on meat that contains harmful hormones, antibiotics and very low-quality protein. You literally are what you eat, and these children will grow up with emotional and physical problems because of terrible food their parents buy for them thinking it is frugal.

Look. Grain-fed cattle are not getting the nutrients their bodies require to be healthy. Many of them are coming down with diseases, and these ones are immediately separated from the rest and murdered before they can infect the others. These cows are injected with antibiotics to keep them from becoming ill. This is especially true of the cattle that are fed cheap, low-quality grains, such as corn. This meat is not nutritious, and this unnatural way of raising cattle (and other animals) for meat is resulting in meat that is actually toxic.

The more apathy we see from people about the issue of low-quality food, the worse things are going to get and the harder it will become to bring about positive change. The meat industry, much like the corn industry, is now so well established that they are armed to the teeth with lawyers and are churning out propaganda advertisements. The poor people in modernized countries are subjected to harmful foods, and the rich (as well as the informed lower-class who care about their children and their bodies) are purchasing their meat from better sources.

It is not wrong to eat meat. It is wrong to eat cheap meat from the meat industry. The meat industry is bad for the consumer, the livestock and the world as a whole. This industry, as with all industries, exists solely to make money. And with all the money that they have made, they are able to fund research into practices that will result in them spending less while making more. This results in them discovering ways to mass-produce low-quality and potentially harmful foods.

If a person truly cared about the innocents, and could afford to do so (if you own multiple computers or a big TV, you are not too poor), they would purchase quality meat.
I love my $1 McDoubles and my $1.29 Wendy's Chili. I eat these occasionally, and while I agree that they might be made of low quality meat, they fill me up and I haven't seen any side effects.
Irukanji (03-09-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 04:43 AM
Manliest Man Here <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinBieberz View Post
I love my $1 McDoubles and my $1.29 Wendy's Chili. I eat these occasionally, and while I agree that they might be made of low quality meat, they fill me up and I haven't seen any side effects.
You probably won't realize just how unhealthy and sickly you are, until you manage to become healthy. Try eating only foods from from the health food stores and local farmer/ranchers for a month. This does not mean not eating meat, just eating high quality meat and other foods.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:01 AM
Duke

One big global ultimate last 100% meat based supper.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrY View Post
It would change the course of human evolution.
yes.
Nelson - Ha Ha [Original] - YouTube

Old 03-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Peasant

Quote:
You probably won't realize just how unhealthy and sickly you are, until you manage to become healthy. Try eating only foods from from the health food stores and local farmer/ranchers for a month. This does not mean not eating meat, just eating high quality meat and other foods.
wrong. i went vegetarian cold turkey, world turning. going vegan was even easier, trust me i should know better.

Last edited by neon; 03-06-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Selfish Cunt

Thanked 2,392 Times in 1,641 Posts

there was a guy on the wright stuff(british chat/current affairs show) this morning. matthew had this meat pie and he passed it to this guy who was a guest and said do you wanna try some. he said

"i'm a vegan but i'll give it a go just for you"

then continued to have a bite of it. what a fucking hypocrite.
"I have gone through the mental exercise of spending a lifetime in prison and of dying for this cause. I have let the fear pass through me and with clarity commit myself fully to the mission and values outlined in the Silk Road charter". - DPR
Old 03-06-2012, 10:59 PM
Manliest Man Here <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
wrong. i went vegetarian cold turkey, world turning. going vegan was even easier, trust me i should know better.
I did not say that vegetarianism or veganism equates to good health. There are plenty of unhealthy vegetarians.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:25 AM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by is all mememememe with me View Post
there was a guy on the wright stuff(british chat/current affairs show) this morning. matthew had this meat pie and he passed it to this guy who was a guest and said do you wanna try some. he said

"i'm a vegan but i'll give it a go just for you"

then continued to have a bite of it. what a fucking hypocrite.
i don't believe you for one minute.
Quote:
if veggies got their way and everyone turned vegetarian?
at least you recognize that going vegan is the only humane choice and the only ethical thing to do, in the face of unbelievably brutal and sadistic modern day factory farming and feedlot operations, including unbelievably cruel methods. non-human animals should not be subjected to that kind of misery and day to day torture, only to be brutally and savagely killed. the whole idea repulses me.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:48 AM
Duke

Quote:
at least you recognize that going vegan is the only humane choice and the only ethical thing to do, in the face of unbelievably brutal and sadistic modern day factory farming and feedlot operations, including unbelievably cruel methods. non-human animals should not be subjected to that kind of misery and day to day torture, only to be brutally and savagely killed. the whole idea repulses me.
Have you even read the thread, you half witted mongoloid? Go back and find the post on the brutal and sadistic methods of the produce industry, and while you're at it look up the brutal and sadistic methods of the clothing industry, the mining industry and the tampon industry. Then kill yourself.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:56 AM
Selfish Cunt

Quote:
well i dunno where you're located or if you can watch this but see for yourself

http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-wr...esday-06-march

it happens right at the beginning in the first couple of minutes so you don't even need to watch much.

if not, can someone else in the UK watch and confirm for us?
"I have gone through the mental exercise of spending a lifetime in prison and of dying for this cause. I have let the fear pass through me and with clarity commit myself fully to the mission and values outlined in the Silk Road charter". - DPR
Old 03-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Peasant

Quote:
well i dunno where you're located or if you can watch this but see for yourself

http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-wr...esday-06-march

it happens right at the beginning in the first couple of minutes so you don't even need to watch much.

if not, can someone else in the UK watch and confirm for us?
well... it might be true, it might be false. but even so, that is not the point. totally. fecking. irrelevant.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Peasant

Facepalm Re: if vegetarians got their way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Have you even read the thread, you half witted mongoloid? Go back and find the post on the brutal and sadistic methods of the produce industry, and while you're at it look up the brutal and sadistic methods of the clothing industry, the mining industry and the tampon industry. Then kill yourself.
kinda' like they kill vegetables, don't they.. sorry dude but makes no sense at all. unscientific jargon and such.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrat View Post
fixed
unbelievable.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Communicate View Post
you haven't critiqued what I said at all.
saying 'herp derp' in response to a well-reasoned case says more about the failings of your argument than it does mine.

i'm not particularly fond of a resurgent anti-intellectualism on here, and I think it's rather funny coming from you, given your earlier claims to intellectual supremacy.
obviously these well heeled, mouthy contrarians don't have a sense of integrity or honesty, cannot do the moral calculus, or live in the real-world for that matter.

Last edited by neon; 03-07-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:23 AM
Duke

Quote:
obviously these well heeled, mouthy contrarians don't have a sense of integrity or honesty, cannot do the moral calculus, or live in the real-world for that matter.
Yeah buddy, you are defiantly well adjusted to reality
Old 03-08-2012, 03:32 AM
Archduke

Thanked 1,240 Times in 759 Posts

So it's Ryan1711 and Communicate. As usual for this topic.
typedthiswithmytits (03-08-2012)
Old 03-08-2012, 04:58 AM
Selfish Cunt

Quote:
there are no morals in the real world actually. those who think there are, are just living an illusion. morals as i said before are only good as long as you can afford to have them. as soon as fate takes you down a wrong turn those morals go quickly and quietly out the fucking window. and that applies to everyone of us.
Figure-8 (03-08-2012)
Old 03-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Grand Duke

Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,043 Posts

Yes, but some resist and have come to a conclusion. But that is an observation that goes against and above what mainstream society (media) would have you think.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Yeah buddy, you are [definitely] well adjusted to reality
so tell me... what moral high-ground are you reaching for? looks pretty lost and uncivilized to me.. even so describe this well adusted reality thing you are attempting to foist upon us here. so plox i must say.
Quote:
there are no morals in the real world actually. those who think there are, are just living an illusion. morals as i said before are only good as long as you can afford to have them. as soon as fate takes you down a wrong turn those morals go quickly and quietly out the fucking window. and that applies to everyone of us.
your adjustable morals and fractured DUMBYist moralizations belong in the garbage heap, and you know it baby. your crass morals and see-through ethics doesn't surprise me one bit... you see the bottom line here is that your tin-plated ethics are only as good as you make them. and to actually have a set of rules or morals, and to believe in them to begin with, is what makes a man outta' a boy. and not the semi-coherent, deformed macho man "i'm in tune" throw-away morals that you are attempting to pass off as the real thing.
but more succinctly, you only seem ready and capable of discarding your derelict and horribly twisted morals when it comes to the animals. that is faking it, so let's talk delusion here.
fact of the matter is, i know you won't seeing how you only have horribly insensible and irrational non sequiturs and childish asides to offer.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figure-8 View Post
Yes, but some resist and have come to a conclusion. But that is an observation that goes against and above what mainstream society (media) would have you think.
if my statements are too strong or wordy i do apologize. i just can't stand this see-through morals thing and the illiterate ballpark blather that goes along with it.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Selfish Cunt

these guys had morals. they were normal upstanding members of society. then one day in 1972 they went on a plane journey to play a rugby match for their team, the uruguayan national team in fact. so they could afford to have morals.

then this happened

then this happened

they were christians too. that would have gone against every single moral they ever had normally. but the situation presented itself where they could no longer afford to have those morals, it was simply that or face death. and we'd all do exactly the same fucking thing if we were in that position, whether we'd admit it or not.

and that's a fact !!

Dionysus (03-09-2012)
Old 03-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Peasant

Quote:
these guys had morals. they were normal upstanding members of society. then one day in 1972 they went on a plane journey to play a rugby match for their team, the uruguayan national team in fact. so they could afford to have morals.

they were christians too. that would have gone against every single moral they ever had normally. but the situation presented itself where they could no longer afford to have those morals, it was simply that or face death. and we'd all do exactly the same fucking thing if we were in that position, whether we'd admit it or not.

and that's a fact !!

nice hoax. so you are contradicting your own statement, i.e. that there is no such thing as morals. and beyond that how does this one example prove that vegetarians are pushy and arrogant about their ethics or that veganism is a bad thing.. fact is you can't. you ought to do some more homework or accept veganism at face value, instead of mindlessly repeating the mantra of the big box mass media outlets.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:15 AM
Selfish Cunt

Quote:
nice hoax. so you are contradicting your own statement, i.e. that there is no such thing as morals. and beyond that how does this one example prove that vegetarians are pushy and arrogant about their ethics or that veganism is a bad thing.. fact is you can't. you ought to do some more homework or accept veganism at face value, instead of mindlessly repeating the mantra of the big box mass media outlets.
care to elaborate a bit more on that?

read the fucking thread again muppet.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:18 AM
Duke

Quote:
so tell me... what moral high-ground are you reaching for? looks pretty lost and uncivilized to me.. even so describe this well adusted reality thing you are attempting to foist upon us here. so plox i must say.
My moral position is that you should be chopped up for dog meat. Like that other guy said; every thing on this planet has a blood price, everything sustaining your existence is at the cost of something else existence. Even if you spent the rest of your life making your own clothing, building your own shelter and growing your own food, you still would have left a trail of corpses in your wake. This is by no means a bad thing; it is simply just how an ecosystem works, and since you are part of it despite all your bullshit hypocrisy, you may as well stop pretending you are any more progressively humane than anyone else.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:04 AM
Banned

Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,338 Posts

I don't know what happened in this thread for the last 7 pages, but I get the overwhelming feeling that OP is a faggot.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:42 AM
Duke

Quote:

then this happened

then this happened

and that's a fact !!

why is it morally wrong to eat people who have died when you have no other food source?
Old 03-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33tz View Post
why is it morally wrong to eat people who have died when you have no other food source?
Because something something people think eating dead animals is ok, but then they think humans aren't animals and so it is wrong. Sure it is "wrong" from a biological/medical point of view(prion diseases and shit like that) but when it comes down to your own mortality, humans will happily eat another human. I mean, Africans and Asians and South Americans still practice it a fair bit. Admittedly the governments now prohibits it, but it still occurs just as it has for thousands if not tens of thousands of years.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Selfish Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33tz View Post
exactly the point, its not really. morals are a state of mind that we have only when we can afford to have them. i.e. when your living in civilized society amongst pussies and other food is plentiful, then we can all frown on how awful it is for someone to eat another human being. plus it doesn't exactly help to maintain the species if we are all killing each other for food. but when you suddenly find yourself stranded on a mountainside with nothing to eat but your dead comrades, suddenly you find you cannot afford to hold such finiky morals stances.

its the same with murder. pretty much anyone will tell you its morally wrong. yet tell me its wrong when you walk in on some nigga raping your wife and you just happen to have a large kitchen knife at hand. lets say you just got in from work to see this and the nigga is busy raping your wife, maybe even your underage daughter. he hasn't seen you but you have noticed he is holding a .38 to your loved ones head while he's doing the deed. you gonna stand there then and argue that its morally wrong to kill someone. you gonna just quietly back out the room and leave him to it, just so you can be a morally good citizen?

morals are just a product of circumstances. its the same with any veggie, if the situation arose where the only food on offer was meat, you can bet your life they ain't gonna sit there and starve to death with their morals. in fact lock them up with a pig and a knife and don't give them any food. then time how long it takes them to slaughter that pig and start munching down on it. even a muslim will be sucking on pork before the week is out, guaranteed.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
exactly the point, its not really. morals are a state of mind that we have only when we can afford to have them. i.e. when your living in civilized society amongst pussies and other food is plentiful, then we can all frown on how awful it is for someone to eat another human being. plus it doesn't exactly help to maintain the species if we are all killing each other for food. but when you suddenly find yourself stranded on a mountainside with nothing to eat but your dead comrades, suddenly you find you cannot afford to hold such finiky morals stances.

its the same with murder. pretty much anyone will tell you its morally wrong. yet tell me its wrong when you walk in on some nigga raping your wife and you just happen to have a large kitchen knife at hand. lets say you just got in from work to see this and the nigga is busy raping your wife, maybe even your underage daughter. he hasn't seen you but you have noticed he is holding a .38 to your loved ones head while he's doing the deed. you gonna stand there then and argue that its morally wrong to kill someone. you gonna just quietly back out the room and leave him to it, just so you can be a morally good citizen?

morals are just a product of circumstances. its the same with any veggie, if the situation arose where the only food on offer was meat, you can bet your life they ain't gonna sit there and starve to death with their morals. in fact lock them up with a pig and a knife and don't give them any food. then time how long it takes them to slaughter that pig and start munching down on it. even a muslim will be sucking on pork before the week is out, guaranteed.
That's a retarded absolutist strawman argument right there. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who said "killing someone in any situation is wrong". Also killing and murder are two different things, look them up. Some people, I swear .
Old 03-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Peasant

Quote:
care to elaborate a bit more on that?

read the fucking thread again muppet.
thanks for the drunken ad hominem strawmen, i knew i could count on you.
anyway... i have alluded to this point several times, the "now you see it now you don't" moralizations expressed here. in other words, you cannot say that there is no such thing as morals, or that they are easily discarded, then violate that premise by stating that these supposedly pure xtians broke some moral code. and how that proves that veganism is wrong is just not happening.
and two that is a very uncommon situation, if you would like to examine the situation where xtians who walk down the street just kill anybody they want when they are hungry, let's do that. otherwise i have to assume you have no critical thinking skills and are hiding behind bogus and see-through moralizations.
i still get the idea that you are just faking it, since you don't seem able to offer up anything more that crass, inept and moronic, feeble-minded generalizations.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Selfish Cunt

there are many people who will say its morally wrong to kill, under any circumstances. a lot of people oppose the death penalty for that very reason. but these are just meant as extreme examples to point out the fact that vegens will have morals about killing and eating animals only while they had afford to hold those morals. strand them on a desert island where the only thing to eat was animals, it would not be long till they started killing and forgot all about those pussy morals they had when living in the civilized world.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Peasant

Quote:
there are many people who will say its morally wrong to kill, under any circumstances. a lot of people oppose the death penalty for that very reason. but these are just meant as extreme examples to point out the fact that vegens will have morals about killing and eating animals only while they had afford to hold those morals. strand them on a desert island where the only thing to eat was animals, it would not be long till they started killing and forgot all about those pussy morals they had when living in the civilized world.
apple and oranges. actually you are proving veganism is morally correct, but i'm pretty sure you don't get it. this is by continuously invoking the plane crash/cannibalism example. you are proving that veganism is ethically correct, because vegans refuse to eat any flesh from human or non-human animals. such small minded hypocrisy, as it has revealed itself here, with these poorly chosen and totally unrealistic examples. besides you are choosing who gets to live under your absurdist and contrarian ad hoc moral codes. totally bogus.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Peasant

Quote:
aha. but once again you are on the wrong side of the looking glass, you keep hiding behind the implausible notion that morals don't exist, but sometimes they do, but only to add color to an otherwise idiotic and fruity non-assertion. in short nothing but colorless, speciesist doublethink. more to the point, you are hiding behind irrelevant double standards and crass "cheaper by the dozen" moralizations. i.e. supposed your pretended plane crash landed in a big field of pineapples or avocados, yes the dead still get buried but your plane crash/cannibals example is hardly shocking or even worthy of comment. in fact it is nothing more than a dull, insensible non sequitur, hardly reflective of the real world.

Last edited by neon; 03-09-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Here's some stats : http://euthanasia.procon.org/view.re...ourceID=000134

Among democrats (I'm going on the assumption that more vegans are democrats than republicans), a significant majority supported euthanasia. Same goes for the total population polled. Clearly we can establish that a majority of vegans don't oppose killing in any form.

But even then, that's besides the point. A person can be opposed to eating animals under normal conditions but still eat them when there is no other food source, and be totally morally consistent. If you value human life over lower animal life, and lower animal life over whatever joy you get out of meat, then that is exactly the behavior you'd expect out of a morally consistent person.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Selfish Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny View Post
But even then, that's besides the point. A person can be opposed to eating animals under normal conditions but still eat them when there is no other food source, and be totally morally consistent. If you value human life over lower animal life, and lower animal life over whatever joy you get out of meat, then that is exactly the behavior you'd expect out of a morally consistent person.
exactly !! ..its only fucking wrong, when it fucking suits you for it to be. thanks for clearing that up for me.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Grander Duke

Thanked 2,976 Times in 2,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny View Post
Among democrats (I'm going on the assumption that more vegans are democrats than republicans), a significant majority supported euthanasia. Same goes for the total population polled. Clearly we can establish that a majority of vegans don't oppose killing in any form.
thats like the biggest logical leap ive ever seen.