Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Neurons & Needles

Old 03-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Duke

Default It takes a "sociopath" to do this?

There is this book "On Killing". I havn't read it but I was reading what someone else was saying about it.

With the Fight or Flight thing he adds submitting and posturing.

Posturing is pretending to fight, or wanting to fight in an attempt to scare your enemy into backing down. That could be anything from acting aggressive, or arguing with someone you could fight, to shooting at someone and missing on purpose.

Most of what people call a sociopath, or anti-social I think is normal. IMO anything else is social conditioning. But this guy says a "sociopath" is capable of going from normal interaction to violence. Again, I think that is normal. Most people don't, because they are stupid, but posturing should always be skipped to get an advantage. Posturing as for shooting and missing, what is the point? So they can live and kill you later? Idk, maybe that takes a "sociopath" meaning someone who's been deprogrammed.

I've learned the best thing to do is not think about things too much. Whether its a fight, or some kind of crime. If you think, you over-think. I wasn't always like this but I learned to. I can do anything, and it's easiest when I decide to do it right there and just kind of let my body take over.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Baron

Default Re: It takes a "sociopath" to do this?

so are you trying to say a sociopathic thing is to pretend to make amends with the person instead of posturing or w/e

btw you are very wrong about sociopathic things being normal.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Modicum of Madness

Thanked 2,258 Times in 1,616 Posts

Congratulations! You have sociopathic tendencies.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:51 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisfrankenstein View Post
so are you trying to say a sociopathic thing is to pretend to make amends with the person instead of posturing or w/e

btw you are very wrong about sociopathic things being normal.
I have had performance anxiety for sex. Crime and violence are the same thing. You take a simple thing and you build it up in your head. You imagine all of these little things that could go wrong and you get scared. I've learned it's best to do most things without putting much thought into them.

What is your definition of a sociopath though? Someone who feels no emotion? That is just apathetic. Or someone who doesn't feel compassion for strangers? I think that is very normal, not normal that it's very common, but normal that it wouldn't be like that if it wasn't for religion/social conditioning.

Or someone who can't love? What is love though? I feel like I "love" girls before I get tired of them. To me it's just the feeling of being attached or wanting to be with someone, but it seems very shallow, not this magical thing everyone makes it out to be.

Last edited by ACE_187; 03-14-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Marquis

"Thread automatically updated every 5 second(s)"

Da fuck?

Anyway, it is just basic instinct. A male peacock will stick all of its feathers up to scare away a predator by appearing larger. An animal who is threatened might turn sideways in order to appear larger so they don't get attacked.

Emotions are thrown around way too loosely these days anyway, people are starting to love inanimate objects and become obsessed/addicted to them. The world is going down the shitter, I swear.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
ACE_187 (03-14-2012)
Old 03-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irukanji View Post
"Thread automatically updated every 5 second(s)"

Da fuck?

Anyway, it is just basic instinct. A male peacock will stick all of its feathers up to scare away a predator by appearing larger. An animal who is threatened might turn sideways in order to appear larger so they don't get attacked.

Emotions are thrown around way too loosely these days anyway, people are starting to love inanimate objects and become obsessed/addicted to them. The world is going down the shitter, I swear.
Yeah, but it's saying only a sociopath can skip the posturing stage, and just go from normal to attacking someone, (for an advantage) and that is something I think anyone can train themselves to do
Old 03-14-2012, 06:05 PM
Duke

Send a message via ICQ to a334jv2df Send a message via AIM to a334jv2df Send a message via Yahoo to a334jv2df

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE_187 View Post
Yeah, but it's saying only a sociopath can skip the posturing stage, and just go from normal to attacking someone
I disagree with that completely. When we invade a country do we give them the exact date and time? I'm not much for barking, but when it's time to bite it's time to bite
Old 03-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Yeah, but it's saying only a sociopath can skip the posturing stage, and just go from normal to attacking someone, (for an advantage) and that is something I think anyone can train themselves to do
PSHHHH thats bs. People will attack without posturing all the time, but be perfectly normal. Their "fight or flight" reflexes kick in, and they just go into fight/panic mode and see the other person as blocking their escape and they go ape shit.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Archduke

For a long time now, when I have a normal conversation with people, I can't help but imagine punching them in the face...even if the conversation is calm and normal. I just imagine punching them in the face, or if I am working with them and talking, I imagine elbowing them in the face.

I never have done this though, but I just imagine it all them for some reason. I'm not trolling either. It's just some weird thought process that pops up in my head, dreaming of assaulting others for no reason.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:20 PM
Grandest Duke

Thanked 2,153 Times in 1,726 Posts

Quote:
Case and point: American military.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTlauien View Post
For a long time now, when I have a normal conversation with people, I can't help but imagine punching them in the face...even if the conversation is calm and normal. I just imagine punching them in the face, or if I am working with them and talking, I imagine elbowing them in the face.

I never have done this though, but I just imagine it all them for some reason. I'm not trolling either. It's just some weird thought process that pops up in my head, dreaming of assaulting others for no reason.
Same here. I get that urge a lot but never act on it unless I note a person coming at me. Then I'm ready to take action.

http://zoklet.net/bbs/showpost.php?p=2252485&postcount=34 - Where My Avatar Came From
http://bbs.zoklet.net/bbs/showpost.php?p=4601933&postcount=142 - Myers Being A Faggot
Old 03-14-2012, 06:22 PM
LongDickHipHopPerfection

Thanked 4,335 Times in 2,518 Posts

Quote:
There is this book "On Killing". I havn't read it but I was reading what someone else was saying about it.

With the Fight or Flight thing he adds submitting and posturing.

Posturing is pretending to fight, or wanting to fight in an attempt to scare your enemy into backing down. That could be anything from acting aggressive, or arguing with someone you could fight, to shooting at someone and missing on purpose.

Most of what people call a sociopath, or anti-social I think is normal. IMO anything else is social conditioning. But this guy says a "sociopath" is capable of going from normal interaction to violence. Again, I think that is normal. Most people don't, because they are stupid, but posturing should always be skipped to get an advantage. Posturing as for shooting and missing, what is the point? So they can live and kill you later? Idk, maybe that takes a "sociopath" meaning someone who's been deprogrammed.

I've learned the best thing to do is not think about things too much. Whether its a fight, or some kind of crime. If you think, you over-think. I wasn't always like this but I learned to. I can do anything, and it's easiest when I decide to do it right there and just kind of let my body take over.
You should actually read on killing because it's a great book that i reference all the time, but i'm pretty sure you're misunderstanding the topics at hand.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Archduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhunter View Post
Same here. I get that urge a lot but never act on it unless I note a person coming at me. Then I'm ready to take action.
It must be nature.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Grandest Duke

Thanked 2,153 Times in 1,726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTlauien View Post
It must be nature.
Wouldn't surprise me. Lots of stuff we are trained to do since birth conditions us to have behavior that society deems acceptable. Also consider the languages we are taught are nothing but conditioning too. It's all conditioning to be "civilized" which makes us further from our true nature.

http://zoklet.net/bbs/showpost.php?p=2252485&postcount=34 - Where My Avatar Came From
http://bbs.zoklet.net/bbs/showpost.php?p=4601933&postcount=142 - Myers Being A Faggot