Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Vlad, King of all Vodkas's Avatar
Vlad, King of all Vodkas Vlad, King of all Vodkas is offline
Wealthy Merchant
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Clouds
Thanks: 54
Thanked 48 Times in 38 Posts
Facepalm I need help with bowl...

So just recently my bowl broke as I was getting out of the car it slipped out of my hand. So I went to a local head shop and and bought this vaporizer that is portable. It has to separate pieces. The top of it is where the stones are located and then the second piece is where I will place the product in. It looks like a torpedo. For the past 10 mins I have been torching the stones and Im getting nothing. But the stones are starting to turn black which I think is good? If anyone else could help me this would be great. Thanks!
__________________
Im Raining On The Inside.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-13-2012, 04:54 PM
InspiredByMe InspiredByMe is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 9th Dimension
Thanks: 174
Thanked 644 Times in 420 Posts
Default Re: I need help with bowl...

Wait wait what is the name of this?

I remember seeing something like this with specific instructions not to torch the stone but to hold the lighter above it so the flame goes down into the bowl yet doesn't touch it. I've never used one however.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Gun Lover Gun Lover is offline
Broodingly Rational
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: FL
Thanks: 1,921
Thanked 3,205 Times in 1,893 Posts
Default Re: I need help with bowl...

Post a pic or the brand of vape you have?

Never heard of what you've got.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Zok Jr. Zok Jr. is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: ☆ ★ ☆ ★
Thanks: 2,506
Thanked 1,719 Times in 1,151 Posts
Default Re: I need help with bowl...

Take it back get an MFLB instead.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-13-2012, 05:02 PM
InspiredByMe InspiredByMe is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 9th Dimension
Thanks: 174
Thanked 644 Times in 420 Posts
Roll Eyes Re: I need help with bowl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zok Jr. View Post
Take it back get an MFLB instead.
The $100 little piece of wood that short circuits a battery? Make one yourself for $20.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-13-2012, 05:13 PM
StephenLynch StephenLynch is offline
Serf
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Thanks: 9
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: I need help with bowl...

Buy an iolite like a true nigga
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Vlad, King of all Vodkas's Avatar
Vlad, King of all Vodkas Vlad, King of all Vodkas is offline
Wealthy Merchant
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Clouds
Thanks: 54
Thanked 48 Times in 38 Posts
Default Re: I need help with bowl...

Lets say this. Its like the VaporGenie. But take away the bowl on top. And let the neck be the whole piece for my Vaporizer. There is two screw able attachments. The top one is very small with a screen and rocks. The Second half which would be the neck has the bowl and the mouth piece, looks like a chillum.
__________________
Im Raining On The Inside.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-13-2012, 05:22 PM
yawanur yawanur is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: wandering
Thanks: 458
Thanked 759 Times in 523 Posts
Default Re: I need help with bowl...

have you vaped before? do you know what vapors taste/feel like?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Vlad, King of all Vodkas's Avatar
Vlad, King of all Vodkas Vlad, King of all Vodkas is offline
Wealthy Merchant
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Clouds
Thanks: 54
Thanked 48 Times in 38 Posts
Default Re: I need help with bowl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawanur View Post
have you vaped before? do you know what vapors taste/feel like?
Yes, 100%, I have smoked out of a Da Buddha Vaporizer countless of times.
__________________
Im Raining On The Inside.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Jzemeocala Jzemeocala is offline
Serf
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Elsewhere, USA
Thanks: 2
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: I need help with bowl...

I had a similar pipe that had a disk shaped piece of lava rock in the top part. I ended up having to take the rock out and carefully thin it down to about half of its thickness to get a good vape going. You may have to do the same thing. Also, a torch lighter works best with this sort of product.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Zok Jr. Zok Jr. is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: ☆ ★ ☆ ★
Thanks: 2,506
Thanked 1,719 Times in 1,151 Posts
Default Re: I need help with bowl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredByMe View Post
The $100 little piece of wood that short circuits a battery? Make one yourself for $20.
How could I make one for $20? Please do tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad, King of all Vodkas View Post
Yes, 100%, I have smoked out of a Da Buddha Vaporizer countless of times.
OK, have you ever smoked out of a real vape before, not some chinese burning machine?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Mordisk's Avatar
Mordisk Mordisk is offline
Count
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: So CaL
Thanks: 1,096
Thanked 204 Times in 167 Posts
Default Re: I need help with bowl...

If u can tell me how I will make one too.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-13-2012, 07:02 PM
StephenLynch StephenLynch is offline
Serf
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Thanks: 9
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: I need help with bowl...

Me too
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-13-2012, 07:06 PM
InspiredByMe InspiredByMe is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 9th Dimension
Thanks: 174
Thanked 644 Times in 420 Posts
Default Re: I need help with bowl...

http://www.instructables.com/answers...vaporizer-wor/

Really it's not that hard, if you short circuit the battery and have the current travel up a copper or copper coated steel rod then put some type of screen connected to that rod, ideally wrapped around it a bit so it stays on, then have another rod on the other side of the screen that goes back to the battery.

It works by using the short circuit to heat the screen up which in turn heats your product. The batteries used are those nimh ones, probably because the efficiency is so piss poor you will have to recharge it like 5 times a day if you use it regularly and regular rechargeable AAs would go by even quicker.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Vlad, King of all Vodkas's Avatar
Vlad, King of all Vodkas Vlad, King of all Vodkas is offline
Wealthy Merchant
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Clouds
Thanks: 54
Thanked 48 Times in 38 Posts
Default Re: I need help with bowl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzemeocala View Post
I had a similar pipe that had a disk shaped piece of lava rock in the top part. I ended up having to take the rock out and carefully thin it down to about half of its thickness to get a good vape going. You may have to do the same thing. Also, a torch lighter works best with this sort of product.
THANKS! This is the most usefull comment out of this bunch. Thanks for your advice.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Zok Jr. View Post
How could I make one for $20? Please do tell.



OK, have you ever smoked out of a real vape before, not some chinese burning machine?
I mean, does a light bulb count?
__________________
Im Raining On The Inside.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Jzemeocala Jzemeocala is offline
Serf
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Elsewhere, USA
Thanks: 2
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: I need help with bowl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredByMe View Post
http://www.instructables.com/answers...vaporizer-wor/

Really it's not that hard, if you short circuit the battery and have the current travel up a copper or copper coated steel rod then put some type of screen connected to that rod, ideally wrapped around it a bit so it stays on, then have another rod on the other side of the screen that goes back to the battery.

It works by using the short circuit to heat the screen up which in turn heats your product. The batteries used are those nimh ones, probably because the efficiency is so piss poor you will have to recharge it like 5 times a day if you use it regularly and regular rechargeable AAs would go by even quicker.
IMHO Nichrome wire is much better. It was designed to turn electricity into heat. If you are unfamiliar with it, it is the same substance that toaster coils, blow dryer coils and most every other heating coil is made of. I have had great success in the past making various smoking devices that get their heat from DC powered NiChrome wire.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Banned Banned is offline
Peasant
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Thanks: 30
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: I need help with bowl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzemeocala View Post
IMHO Nichrome wire is much better. It was designed to turn electricity into heat. If you are unfamiliar with it, it is the same substance that toaster coils, blow dryer coils and most every other heating coil is made of. I have had great success in the past making various smoking devices that get their heat from DC powered NiChrome wire.
This looks like a worthwhile candidate for a homemade vape project. Built in power thats rechargeable and a nichrome coil in a package the size of a thumbdrive.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rechargeab...item3a708afba2
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Jzemeocala Jzemeocala is offline
Serf
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Elsewhere, USA
Thanks: 2
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: I need help with bowl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
This looks like a worthwhile candidate for a homemade vape project. Built in power thats rechargeable and a nichrome coil in a package the size of a thumbdrive.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rechargeab...item3a708afba2
Yea. I actually got the idea from the previous generation of those electric lighters. It was powered by a AAA battery and it didn't have a usb charging option. From what I could tell, it was just a coil of NiChrome wire hooked up to a momentary switch (N.O.) and a battery. So after a quick search I found a company that sold a sample pack with 3 foot lengths of the different gauge NiChrome wire they had. This was plenty of wire to make lots of these sort of gadgets.

In the end I have found that the main tradeoff with different gauges and lengths of NiChrome is that the smaller and shorter you go, the less engery you need to produce X amount of heat, BUT, the sizes that were small enough to be battery operated were often fickle and did not last long before the coils burnt out and had to be replaced. I found that I preferred just having a wall-powered dektop setup with a maximum temp of roughly 1000F, that I powered with the base of a variable watt soldering iron. That thing could ignite stuff without even touching it.
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
rustyshackleford420 (03-15-2012)
  #19  
Old 03-15-2012, 02:55 AM
rustyshackleford420's Avatar
rustyshackleford420 rustyshackleford420 is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 1,357
Thanked 626 Times in 467 Posts
Default Re: I need help with bowl...

The mflb is $100 because its been crafted to perfection. I looked into making one as well, and decided not to bother (for now) because it would take a lot messing around with different wire guages. Good information ^^^^
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bowl

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If I ate out of a dog bowl would you like me more? Craigslist.org LOL, Internet 34 05-12-2011 02:15 AM
Bowl, before or after? SteveMcQueenFmousCarChase Bat Country 5 02-16-2010 10:35 PM
I smoked my last bowl CrazyJoe Bat Country 11 01-11-2010 08:28 AM
First bowl of the day. constantinople Bat Country 5 07-08-2009 04:16 PM
PRO BOWL Cliche Guevara Haiti's Sports Agency 7 02-08-2009 11:32 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Hot Topics
Join our Chatroom!
Users: 8
Messages/minute: 0
Topic: "Only rule: be nice or I'll cut your fucking face off, dumbshit"
Users: 27
Messages/minute: 1.6
Topic: "http://codelove.org :: Below is above in 2 codes 1 love. :: wh..."
Users: 18
Messages/minute: 5
Topic: "http://www.literotica...."
Advertisements
Your ad could go right HERE! Contact us!

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.