Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Entertainment > Haiti's Sports Agency

Old 03-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Banned

Default Let's talk boxing!

Do you think the Mayweather Pacquaio fight will ever actually happen? I don't get why gayweather is dodging him, he's even bigger than him! Manny is only like 5"5.

Now for the heavyweights, did you watch Vitali vs Chisora? Now compare that to Wladimir vs Haye...

Haye ran around for 12 rounds against Wlad where as Chisora took a Mike Tyson style approach against Vitali.

I would love to see Haye vs Chisora and it could easily happen, but I think Haye is scared of his aggressive style.

Oh and it's hilarious how they are going to delay Mayweathers prison sentance just because he has a fight coming up...
Old 03-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Thanked 5,441 Times in 3,475 Posts
Default Re: Let's talk boxing!

I don't think Mayweather/Pacquaio will ever happen, Mayweather is terrified of losing to him. Not saying he would lose to him, because I think it could go either way depending on how things play out, but he doesn't want to risk it because he knows it's a very real possibility.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Baron

Pacquaio is ducking Mayweather fucking idiot

Nobody even cares about that fight. It's not competitive. Floyd comfortable UD or late TKO after winning every round.

Ugly chink.

He is facing the undefeated Miguel Cotto in his next bout who is better than Pacquaio will ever be.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Thanked 5,441 Times in 3,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayweather View Post
Pacquaio is ducking Mayweather fucking idiot
They're ducking each other, really, but it seems like Mayweather won't stop going on about the steroid shit. Granted, I don't think it's asking a lot for Pacquaio to take a blood test before the fight-- it wouldn't be that dramatic of blood loss, or whatever he's bitching about.

I probably would give Mayweather the edge if I really had to pick, I don't think it would go to a TKO/KO though, it'd probably go the distance. Then again, Mayweather might have another good knockout in him if Pacquaio were to fuck up at the wrong time.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Duke

Mayweather and Pacquiao Mayweather is scared, but who cares. I could go to a middle school and see guys their size fight.

Vitali isn't nearly what he used to be. Adamek is the next great white champion. Vitali was the best in a long time though.

Wlad is overhyped he's boring because he knows his chin is weak (nothing like Vitali).

Chisora and Haye, who gives a fuck? I would have liked to see them in a tag team or something against Vitali in his prime and both would still get knocked out.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Wealthy Merchant

If the mayweather and pacquiao fight doesn't happen within a year of mayweather getting out of jail then it's not going to happen. Pacquiao has said that he has a couple more fights in him and then he is retiring due to some of his religious views. Mayweather HAS been ducking pacquiao and making it look like pacquiao don't want to fight. Mayweather wants more than 50 % of the fight purse knowing that pacquiao never takes less than 50%. After a while pacquiao agreed to take the lesser purse but mayweather kept on ducking him.
The only reason why mayweather is undefeated is because all the "top elite" fighters that he has boxed have been past their prime.
Don't take that as a "I'm a mayweather hater" because I'm not he is a damn good fighter for knowing when to fight but he is definitely not the best and he never will.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Duke

With Vitali past his prime, Adamek is still going to be interesting. I hope he beats Wlad and becomes the champion, but he will have to knock him out. They are going to give him any decision. Even his fight with Vitali I don't think should have been stopped. He is really the only person to ever knock Vitali down (even though I don't think it was counted). But besides that I think the super middle weights is still interesting.

I don't like Carl Froch. I was hoping Andre Ward would knock him out, but Andre Ward doesn't really knock out anyone. I think Mikkel Kessler is the best right now though.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE_187 View Post
With Vitali past his prime, Adamek is still going to be interesting. I hope he beats Wlad and becomes the champion, but he will have to knock him out. They are going to give him any decision. Even his fight with Vitali I don't think should have been stopped. He is really the only person to ever knock Vitali down (even though I don't think it was counted). But besides that I think the super middle weights is still interesting.

I don't like Carl Froch. I was hoping Andre Ward would knock him out, but Andre Ward doesn't really knock out anyone. I think Mikkel Kessler is the best right now though.
Ward beat Kessler easily you fucking spastic

Adamek never knocked Vitali down, in fact his performance was pitiful. He was hurt by Vitali's jab on several occasions

Adamek isn't fighting Wlad, Cristobal Arreola is

You don't know the difference between Adamek and Arreola

Haye would KO Adamek or Arreola in under 2 rounds
Old 03-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Banned

Old 03-22-2012, 10:14 PM
Baron

I hate boxing. MMA FTW.

Dairy farming is a way of life!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackhead View Post
I hate boxing. MMA FTW.
Go back to the energy drink section of your local grocer
Go back to sherdog or your local tap-out store with the rest of the guys with low self-esteem and chips on their shoulders
Go back to the nice tattto parlor with the skinny hipster and the thick dude who thinks he's hard that does ink that looks like you got it in prison, even though you didnt.

SENT FROM MY IPHONE
Old 03-22-2012, 11:03 PM
Selfish Cunt

Thanked 2,392 Times in 1,641 Posts

boxing these days

i used to like boxing back in the day, back when they used to really fight. not this pussy ass shit they do now. i mean back when they would punch the shit out of each other till one of them dropped. then the guy would jump up and they would carry on and punch the shit out of each other again till one dropped. they would literally keep doing that till one of them was actually unable to stand up again. now that was boxing, if you're not gonna conduct a fight like that, then don't bother i say.
"I have gone through the mental exercise of spending a lifetime in prison and of dying for this cause. I have let the fear pass through me and with clarity commit myself fully to the mission and values outlined in the Silk Road charter". - DPR
Old 03-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Duke

When was that, the '30's?
Old 03-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Selfish Cunt

Thanked 2,392 Times in 1,641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknickns View Post
When was that, the '30's?
hahaha, the 30s lol.

na just back to the 80/90s, before they started stopping fights the moment somebody got hit.

you know now a days, if you want to watch boxing you actually got to seek it out. back in them times, when a big fight was on, you couldn't avoid it, it would be everywhere. i mean like it would be on billboards, mainstream tv ads, you wouldn't need to get it on pay per view cause it would be on the major channels. all the pubs would show it on screens and it would be reported on the major news programs for the next 3 days after. you just couldn't avoid it, and you know why? cause when you had proper fights, everyone wanted to see it. now a days hardly anyone cares. not worth watching since they pussified it.
"I have gone through the mental exercise of spending a lifetime in prison and of dying for this cause. I have let the fear pass through me and with clarity commit myself fully to the mission and values outlined in the Silk Road charter". - DPR
Old 03-23-2012, 02:05 AM
Banned

why mine post ?
Old 03-24-2012, 01:05 AM
Duke

Send a message via ICQ to a334jv2df Send a message via AIM to a334jv2df Send a message via Yahoo to a334jv2df

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayweather View Post
Ward beat Kessler easily you fucking spastic

Adamek never knocked Vitali down, in fact his performance was pitiful. He was hurt by Vitali's jab on several occasions

Adamek isn't fighting Wlad, Cristobal Arreola is

You don't know the difference between Adamek and Arreola

Haye would KO Adamek or Arreola in under 2 rounds
just in case i didn't make you feel bad enough about yourself in my last thread
Old 03-24-2012, 08:36 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by is all mememememe with me View Post
hahaha, the 30s lol.

na just back to the 80/90s, before they started stopping fights the moment somebody got hit.

you know now a days, if you want to watch boxing you actually got to seek it out. back in them times, when a big fight was on, you couldn't avoid it, it would be everywhere. i mean like it would be on billboards, mainstream tv ads, you wouldn't need to get it on pay per view cause it would be on the major channels. all the pubs would show it on screens and it would be reported on the major news programs for the next 3 days after. you just couldn't avoid it, and you know why? cause when you had proper fights, everyone wanted to see it. now a days hardly anyone cares. not worth watching since they pussified it.
You make a great point man. The problem is there really hasn't been an electrifying fighter in recent years. Mayweather should have been a star in '97, not '07. De La Hoya did and does great things for the sport.

Winky Wright and Jermain Taylor should have immediately rematched. Cotto is a big name, but he's really central to New York and PRicans in terms of fan base. The sport's been carried by Mexican fans since the '90's.

There hasn't been an great black boxer (in terms of popularity, not just skill) since Tyson. Hopkins, Mayweather; Roy Jones came very close, and Evander Holyfield.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Howie Hubler

Thanked 1,089 Times in 659 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknickns View Post
You make a great point man. The problem is there really hasn't been an electrifying fighter in recent years. Mayweather should have been a star in '97, not '07. De La Hoya did and does great things for the sport.
I dont know, I think Pacquiao is pretty electrifying and a good face for boxing. Problem is: he's not American, and doesnt have the big name competition. Thats part of the reason why boxing interest continues to slide. Its tough to say a 6 time champ who fights out of his weight class isnt electrifying. He just hasnt had the Frazier/Foreman vs Ali moment in his career...

Mayweather shouldnt be a star, period. He exemplifies all that is wrong with modern boxing. He's publicly stated (many times) that he doesnt care about belts and is only concerned with money. He only takes on easy fights because he's afraid to lose his record. That is the worst attitude and is a reason why there are fewer and fewer quality, young boxers. Plus, a professional fighter who beats his wife doesnt reflect well on the sport...