Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 03-20-2012, 03:00 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Grin Dried Poppy Tea

Anybody have experience with dried pods? I want to know how many of these things it takes to get descent strength for you and some good methods for making the tea.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:04 AM
Grander Duke

Thanked 1,738 Times in 1,304 Posts
Default Re: Dried Poppy Tea

It takes many, but it also depends on the strength, they vary from pod to pod
Old 03-20-2012, 03:09 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Zion View Post
It takes many, but it also depends on the strength, they vary from pod to pod
could i get some numbers on that please?
Old 03-20-2012, 03:11 AM
Grander Duke

you may want to test out to be safe, start off with 4, if that does not do anything double it, like I said it all spends on the batch...
Old 03-20-2012, 03:13 AM
Baron

I used alot of pods like half of my plantation it all
Depends on size and potency just try a couple. I would take the pods throw em in a coffee grinder then dump the powder in a water bottle with hot water then shake up once ever few hours add a lil lemon juice then I let it sit go to work for 6 hours filter it and drink. Poppy pod tea makes mushrooms taste like cupcakes the tea is extremely bitter and disgusting
Old 03-20-2012, 03:20 AM
Grander Duke

Cant you make some sort of extract from the pods and smoke it or snort, seems like it would be a easier and less disgusting way to go, but of course would take some time....
Old 03-20-2012, 03:26 AM
Peasant

Do an extraction with acidified isopropyl alcohol and evaporate it to make a nice smokeable substance or for easier oral dosing.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:16 AM
Wealthy Merchant

i heard that a french press can work pretty well - have any of you tried this?
Old 03-20-2012, 04:23 AM
Serf

I was addicted to pod tea for several years. Here's how I did it:

Start with two-four medium sized pods, grind them up using a weed grinder or mortar & pestle (or whatever else), steep them in hot (not boiling) water for 30 minutes, strain using a coffee filter or sieve and drink.

Leaving behind more of the grounds results in stronger tea. No need for any high-tech extractions, just make it the way you'd make regular tea. If you feel nothing, increase the number of pods until you feel something. (Hint: pods are not as euphoric as pills or heroin. The high lasts a long time and is more sedating than stuff like oxycodone, so don't expect a major rush or anything).
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Space Monkey (03-20-2012)
Old 03-20-2012, 04:34 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Smile Re: Dried Poppy Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirl Girl Inc. View Post
I was addicted to pod tea for several years. Here's how I did it:

Start with two-four medium sized pods, grind them up using a weed grinder or mortar & pestle (or whatever else), steep them in hot (not boiling) water for 30 minutes, strain using a coffee filter or sieve and drink.

Leaving behind more of the grounds results in stronger tea. No need for any high-tech extractions, just make it the way you'd make regular tea. If you feel nothing, increase the number of pods until you feel something. (Hint: pods are not as euphoric as pills or heroin. The high lasts a long time and is more sedating than stuff like oxycodone, so don't expect a major rush or anything).
Yeah, I am really lazy so I just smashed a few pods, threw them in a thing of warm water, and now I am starting to drink some of the water. We'll see how it goes.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:23 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Arrow Re: Dried Poppy Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by duder View Post
Yeah, I am really lazy so I just smashed a few pods, threw them in a thing of warm water, and now I am starting to drink some of the water. We'll see how it goes.
I didn't really feel much. I am going to try something more sophisticated tomorrow probably. Get some tools from down the street, etc.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:47 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Post Re: Dried Poppy Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by duder View Post
I didn't really feel much. I am going to try something more sophisticated tomorrow probably. Get some tools from down the street, etc.
gonn ge dem tools der
Old 03-21-2012, 12:57 AM
Duke

Send a message via ICQ to a334jv2df Send a message via AIM to a334jv2df Send a message via Yahoo to a334jv2df

Don't use a french press. Don't use boiling or even simmering water. Use warm, acidified water. I use lemon juice. Remove the seeds. Grind the pods in a blender. You want to pulverize them into powder to help break down the cell wall. Put them in your acidic water, freeze them, thaw them, freeze them, thaw them, etc. The more times you do this the better. After the freeze thaw process let them soak for as long as you can wait. Strain, drink.

As for how much to use.... the more the better. If you have a tolerance you will not even be able to afford to OD on them.

edit: yea, obviously you didn't feel much. You can just break that shit up into pieces and let the pieces sit in water for a few hours. You probably only got like 5% of the actives
Old 03-21-2012, 01:51 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by a334jv2df View Post
Don't use a french press. Don't use boiling or even simmering water. Use warm, acidified water. I use lemon juice. Remove the seeds. Grind the pods in a blender. You want to pulverize them into powder to help break down the cell wall. Put them in your acidic water, freeze them, thaw them, freeze them, thaw them, etc. The more times you do this the better. After the freeze thaw process let them soak for as long as you can wait. Strain, drink.

As for how much to use.... the more the better. If you have a tolerance you will not even be able to afford to OD on them.

edit: yea, obviously you didn't feel much. You can just break that shit up into pieces and let the pieces sit in water for a few hours. You probably only got like 5% of the actives
i was a lot more stimulated than i thought could possibly occur