Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Alternative Living & World Travel

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-30-2012, 03:28 PM
WAN WAN is offline
Slightly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 197
Thanked 508 Times in 421 Posts
Default "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

spoken by Blance Dubois.

I wonder, what is the significance of this uttering? I have not read the book/play and do not intend to (micro-attention span, what can I say?) but am wondering if there is any kind stranger here who has, and who might be willing to explain to me the significance of it.

If I were to guess, she was saying that she had faith in the inherent goodness of humanity, and that every stranger she has, and will have, ever met all possesses kindness within him/herself, so that she has very good reason to be trusting.

Am I correct in thinking this way? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-30-2012, 03:42 PM
LegalizeSpiritualDiscovry's Avatar
LegalizeSpiritualDiscovry LegalizeSpiritualDiscovry is offline
Significantly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Thanks: 1,709
Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,408 Posts
Send a message via AIM to LegalizeSpiritualDiscovry
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

No.
__________________
Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-30-2012, 03:52 PM
WAN WAN is offline
Slightly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 197
Thanked 508 Times in 421 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalizeSpiritualDiscovry View Post
No.
Then what is it, then?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-30-2012, 04:00 PM
crimsonsmoke's Avatar
crimsonsmoke crimsonsmoke is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brighton, UK
Thanks: 103
Thanked 154 Times in 108 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Watch the film / read the play. Learn something.
__________________
All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason -- Immanuel Kant
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Psych (03-30-2012)
  #5  
Old 03-30-2012, 04:01 PM
felonious_monk's Avatar
felonious_monk felonious_monk is offline
Archduke
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Thanks: 685
Thanked 920 Times in 648 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

the ppl who depend on the kindness of strangers are basically freeloaders is what it comes down to

i once met this guy who's been traveling for months and all he does is go around and ask for free places to stay, free rides, and free food and then goes on facebook and complains when nobody gives him a ride somewhere
__________________
Hayley Williamz
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-30-2012, 04:07 PM
WAN WAN is offline
Slightly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 197
Thanked 508 Times in 421 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonsmoke View Post
Watch the film / read the play. Learn something.
See the part where I explained my micro-attention span?

Quote:
Originally Posted by felonious_monk View Post
the ppl who depend on the kindness of strangers are basically freeloaders is what it comes down to

i once met this guy who's been traveling for months and all he does is go around and ask for free places to stay, free rides, and free food and then goes on facebook and complains when nobody gives him a ride somewhere
So it is a bad thing to be depending upon the kindness of strangers then?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-30-2012, 04:12 PM
crimsonsmoke's Avatar
crimsonsmoke crimsonsmoke is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brighton, UK
Thanks: 103
Thanked 154 Times in 108 Posts
Thumbs Down Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by felonious_monk View Post
i once met this guy who's been traveling for months and all he does is go around and ask for free places to stay, free rides, and free food and then goes on facebook and complains when nobody gives him a ride somewhere
Yeah, I've known people like that: I believe they're called cunts.

And to Wan(ker), if you can't sit there and read / watch a play you're too stupid to understand the meaning of those ill-fated words anyway. Seriously, laziness is not an excuse for stupidity.
__________________
All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason -- Immanuel Kant
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-30-2012, 04:22 PM
crimsonsmoke's Avatar
crimsonsmoke crimsonsmoke is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brighton, UK
Thanks: 103
Thanked 154 Times in 108 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Ironically enough, in this thread the OP is doing precisely what Blance is suggesting in her lines.
__________________
All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason -- Immanuel Kant
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-30-2012, 04:32 PM
WAN WAN is offline
Slightly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 197
Thanked 508 Times in 421 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonsmoke View Post
Yeah, I've known people like that: I believe they're called cunts.

And to Wan(ker), if you can't sit there and read / watch a play you're too stupid to understand the meaning of those ill-fated words anyway. Seriously, laziness is not an excuse for stupidity.
Attention span that verges on the nano-seconds equates not laziness. It's called, *GASP*, short attention span. Seriously, can you not read, or comprehend the English language, stupid? secondly, even if I WERE lazy (which I aint), how the heck does that translate to stupidity?

Lastly, you are an ill-bred person, calling people stupid for no good reason. It shocks me that you actually hail from England, I thought the people there were all gentlemen? Apparently you are an exception to the rule. A VERY big exception.

Last edited by WAN; 03-30-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-30-2012, 04:33 PM
WAN WAN is offline
Slightly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 197
Thanked 508 Times in 421 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonsmoke View Post
Ironically enough, in this thread the OP is doing precisely what Blance is suggesting in her lines.
wow, you can see a joke, arent you a clever chap

p.s. your sig makes you sound like a pretentious cunt
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-30-2012, 04:36 PM
crimsonsmoke's Avatar
crimsonsmoke crimsonsmoke is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brighton, UK
Thanks: 103
Thanked 154 Times in 108 Posts
Thumbs Up Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAN View Post
wow, you can see a joke, arent you a clever chap

p.s. your sig makes you sound like a pretentious cunt
I studied Kant at degree level. I guess you could call me a pretentious Kant.
__________________
All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason -- Immanuel Kant
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-30-2012, 04:40 PM
WAN WAN is offline
Slightly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 197
Thanked 508 Times in 421 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonsmoke View Post
I studied Kant at degree level. I guess you could call me a pretentious Kant.
hur hur you r so funneh!

But I am not letting you off the hook, just because you made an unfunny joke. like I asked you earlier, how does short attention span equate laziness? secondly, how does laziness translate into stupidity?

Lastly, I am waiting for an apology from you, for calling me stupid. go on, I am waiting.

p.s. oh, you are studying kant at degree level you say? Must be an extremely shitty school then
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-30-2012, 04:45 PM
WAN WAN is offline
Slightly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 197
Thanked 508 Times in 421 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

lol, everybody time this: look at how long it takes crimsonsmoke to come up with a comeback (if it can be called THAT)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-30-2012, 04:53 PM
crimsonsmoke's Avatar
crimsonsmoke crimsonsmoke is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brighton, UK
Thanks: 103
Thanked 154 Times in 108 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Dude, I was just sexing my girlfriend. It was like a fucking porn flick in my flat. I haven't got time for you.
__________________
All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason -- Immanuel Kant
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-30-2012, 04:55 PM
WAN WAN is offline
Slightly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 197
Thanked 508 Times in 421 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonsmoke View Post
Dude, I was just sexing my girlfriend. It was like a fucking porn flick in my flat. I haven't got time for you.
You know, if you would just admit defeat and apologize, I would have a teensy bit of respect for you.

p.s you certain have time to compose a post telling the world (well, almost) that you are sexing your gf. if you WERE truly sexing you imaginary gf, you would not be responding to my posts, or even be in this thread in the first place. loser
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-30-2012, 05:16 PM
crimsonsmoke's Avatar
crimsonsmoke crimsonsmoke is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brighton, UK
Thanks: 103
Thanked 154 Times in 108 Posts
Thumbs Up Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAN View Post
You know, if you would just admit defeat and apologize, I would have a teensy bit of respect for you.

p.s you certain have time to compose a post telling the world (well, almost) that you are sexing your gf. if you WERE truly sexing you imaginary gf, you would not be responding to my posts, or even be in this thread in the first place. loser
Riiiiight. Not sure I need your respect, thanks. And with regards to your stupidity, I think your posts say more than mine ever could to support the fact.

So, U MAD?
__________________
All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason -- Immanuel Kant

Last edited by crimsonsmoke; 03-30-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-30-2012, 08:42 PM
WAN WAN is offline
Slightly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 197
Thanked 508 Times in 421 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonsmoke View Post
Riiiiight. Not sure I need your respect, thanks. And with regards to your stupidity, I think your posts say more than mine ever could to support the fact.

So, U MAD?
No. In fact, I was and still am deeply amused by how you disappeared for some time to give the boards the illusion that you were indeed having hot sex with your imaginary gf. but we all know that it was a lie; you were off somewhere thinking HARD for a clever comback. sadly for you, you have NOT succeeded.

Also, why have you still not answered my questions? I will repeat them here, 1. how does having a short attention span equate laziness? and 2. how does my supposed laziness () translate into stupidity? and no, saying something along the lines of "lol you sooooo mad" does not hack it as answers.

Finally, where is the apology that is due me?
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
King of the world (04-03-2012)
  #18  
Old 03-30-2012, 08:50 PM
crimsonsmoke's Avatar
crimsonsmoke crimsonsmoke is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brighton, UK
Thanks: 103
Thanked 154 Times in 108 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

__________________
All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason -- Immanuel Kant
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-30-2012, 08:57 PM
WAN WAN is offline
Slightly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 197
Thanked 508 Times in 421 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

wut
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Psych's Avatar
Psych Psych is offline
Comrade Question
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: ☵☵☵☵
Thanks: 1,582
Thanked 1,056 Times in 722 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

this thread.

Your attention span is too short to read a play, but fine enough to follow everything that people on zoklet are doing??
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-30-2012, 09:05 PM
WAN WAN is offline
Slightly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 197
Thanked 508 Times in 421 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych View Post
this thread.

Your attention span is too short to read a play, but fine enough to follow everything that people on zoklet are doing??
uhm, yes?

dude, a play is LONG. but a thread on zoklet, especially one of my own, is usually short and HIGHLY captivating (owing to the fact it is my own thread)

besides, a play is not interactive, hence boring. A thread, on the other hand, is interactive.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-30-2012, 09:10 PM
Psych's Avatar
Psych Psych is offline
Comrade Question
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: ☵☵☵☵
Thanks: 1,582
Thanked 1,056 Times in 722 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Blanch is a crazy bitch who lives in her own fantasy world where everything is all hunkydorey, compensating for her shitty life where she got raped. When she is getting taken away to an insane asylum that's what she says to the doctors. She's basically just fooling herself further since it's apparent she will be labotimized.

So she's a crazy bitch who is just living in lalala land where she can depend on the kindness of others.

Happy?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-30-2012, 09:13 PM
WAN WAN is offline
Slightly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 197
Thanked 508 Times in 421 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych View Post
Blanch is a crazy bitch who lives in her own fantasy world where everything is all hunkydorey, compensating for her shitty life where she got raped. When she is getting taken away to an insane asylum that's what she says to the doctors. She's basically just fooling herself further since it's apparent she will be labotimized.

So she's a crazy bitch who is just living in lalala land where she can depend on the kindness of others.

Happy?
yeah, slightly. question, though. so that statement, is actually ironic? as, there would be no kindness on the part of the doctors?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Sir Cornwell Sir Cornwell is offline
Grandest Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 1,908
Thanked 2,033 Times in 1,574 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

WAN = Blanch

A lobotomy candidate.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Psych's Avatar
Psych Psych is offline
Comrade Question
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: ☵☵☵☵
Thanks: 1,582
Thanked 1,056 Times in 722 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Yes. In fact no strangers have ever really been nice to her, she just pretends that her life is going great when it's not. She doesn't realize it's ironic when she is saying it though. She's delusional.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Sir Cornwell Sir Cornwell is offline
Grandest Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 1,908
Thanked 2,033 Times in 1,574 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Delusional = WAN
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-30-2012, 09:18 PM
WAN WAN is offline
Slightly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 197
Thanked 508 Times in 421 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych View Post
Yes. In fact no strangers have ever really been nice to her, she just pretends that her life is going great when it's not. She doesn't realize it's ironic when she is saying it though. She's delusional.
I see...thanks a lot, lil dude. You are the only one that's been truly helpful in this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-31-2012, 11:02 AM
crimsonsmoke's Avatar
crimsonsmoke crimsonsmoke is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brighton, UK
Thanks: 103
Thanked 154 Times in 108 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

WAN(ker).
__________________
All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason -- Immanuel Kant
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-31-2012, 11:18 AM
whocares's Avatar
whocares whocares is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: College of Life
Thanks: 18
Thanked 762 Times in 492 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Wait 'til you get into the real world, people aren't as nice as you think.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-31-2012, 01:07 PM
WAN WAN is offline
Slightly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 197
Thanked 508 Times in 421 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonsmoke View Post
WAN(ker).
nice...nice comeback.

Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 03-31-2012, 03:48 PM
crimsonsmoke's Avatar
crimsonsmoke crimsonsmoke is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brighton, UK
Thanks: 103
Thanked 154 Times in 108 Posts
Thumbs Up Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAN View Post
nice...nice comeback.

Dude, no one uses that facepalm any more. It's all about the
__________________
All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason -- Immanuel Kant
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-31-2012, 04:08 PM
WAN WAN is offline
Slightly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 197
Thanked 508 Times in 421 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonsmoke View Post
Dude, no one uses that facepalm any more. It's all about the
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-31-2012, 04:29 PM
-Fuck- -Fuck- is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Coast, USA
Thanks: 312
Thanked 456 Times in 305 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

No, the world is a cruel, sex, money and drug obsessed unkind place these days. Not that all those things are bad, because they aren't, but if you aren't playing your own game, and finding your own balance of the above, you're basically living in a fantasy if you think people are here "to be kind" to you. You don't even know your own violence until you experience true sexuality, and will fight for your right to keep it sacred from those who seek to use your energy for their own selfish reasons. Even the food you eat isn't meant to keep you alive. This is a chaotic, free willed universe. Get over it. Even good people are so overwhelmed with the shitty people around them, they say "why bother being a good person" and just blend back in.

I feel the electrical revolution in terms of getting energy for free will change certain aspects of society though in terms of that nervous tick most people in their 30s-50s have of losing their job, money, and possessions. It's kind of hard to lose things with the ability of fast downloads, torrents, backup data, etc. and how easy it is to get another tv, part, etc, the world of money is "overkill" these days. (I'm not talking about the people who have 20 porsches in their garage)

The other thing is when it comes to inedia, most older folks pretty much have a coffin and a nursing home to shit the bed in as their future plan. They feel when their money's up, no more electricity, no more freedom, no more life. This is such a backwards planet that I really cannot understand most people. Kindness? More like "take care of myself for now and never think of the bigger questions."

Money should be for fun, you know, a movie, a snack. Not for survival. Not with the mental state of people these days. Your living situation shouldn't be determined by your race or if you think your boss is sexy or not. This is a terrible, shitty world and I never expect it to change, I pretty much am only interested in society's push to get electricity by any means off the grid, erase the existence of energy companies because energy is provided by the universe, not the faulty dollar system and the retards who "control" things, grow up, and then maybe communicate with other, more evolved planets and their citizens. They don't even use money up there, can you believe it? A species that is thousands of years technologically advanced has to have the concept of money explained to them repeatedly and all they can say is "I don't get it... why do you have to pay to live on a planet you were born on" - yes I am quoting Alex Collier, I do believe him so call me nuts but Andromedans to me sound like future humans or future "potentials". Apparently humans are the only ones who allow for homelessness and have a "pyramid power" structured society.

Kindness is there.
Above it, thousands of layers of absolute filth. I blame it all on the fall of Atlantis, our ignorance of clean, free energy, our mess of a world we've created, but I feel much of it will change due to necessity one day or just us admitting it to ourselves and making change. And yes a lot of it has to do with off the grid energy evolution. Your car, the money system that buys you gas, and the "kindness" of your manager are all extremely unstable things based on dreams and lies, and hopes that hard work always pays off and that people don't want to fuck your life up along the way as you strive to be great. You take that into account, sometimes it's relying on being secluded from people that gets you far in life, not being smiley, happy, and nice.

This world sucks. I however do believe society will understand ancient sciences soon, they're already finding things out about the pyramids, and the internet is very powerful. I wish we could evolve into a kinder world, but I refuse to waste time hoping for it. I just make sure I make everyday as enjoyable as possible and completely ignore people who try to waste my energy to feed their own negativity (some people are so sexually perverted that they actually enjoy this - making you flip on them so they have some kind of emotional high) Besides, they say in the time of Gods they only died because of envy. Some things are just coded in the universe that are eternal.

You just can't escape it, so long as you exist.

Last edited by -Fuck-; 03-31-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-20-2012, 01:37 AM
Struwwelpeter Struwwelpeter is offline
Slightly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 1,359
Thanked 3,177 Times in 2,084 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

What she is saying is that she depends on the good-will of strangers to go to work everyday, to participate as productive members of society, so that the system does not break down and lead to chaos which is an environment in which she might be held down and scraped, yes literally scraped to death with a wire brush such as the one you use to clean a barbecue pit with.

Last edited by Struwwelpeter; 04-20-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-21-2012, 02:06 PM
WAN WAN is offline
Slightly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 197
Thanked 508 Times in 421 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim "fuck latinos" Carrey View Post
What she is saying is that she depends on the good-will of strangers to go to work everyday, to participate as productive members of society, so that the system does not break down and lead to chaos which is an environment in which she might be held down and scraped, yes literally scraped to death with a wire brush such as the one you use to clean a barbecue pit with.
dude, welcome back. haven't seen you for a while.

question, what is the difference between a barbecue and a barbecue pit?

thanks
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-21-2012, 02:12 PM
yawanur yawanur is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: wandering
Thanks: 458
Thanked 759 Times in 523 Posts
Mad Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by felonious_monk View Post
i once met this guy who's been traveling for months and all he does is go around and ask for free places to stay, free rides, and free food and then goes on facebook and complains when nobody gives him a ride somewhere
Fucking parasite. I have a friend like that, made the mistake of lending him $40 and it's been a month.... If I didn't ask he would straight up never pay me back. He's an alright dude but I've been avoiding him cause he just brings me down with shit like this or "oh I picked you up two miles away give me $5 for gas"
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Ph0x Ph0x is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Big Empty
Thanks: 2,179
Thanked 1,258 Times in 843 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Ph0x
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Smells like stale piss in here.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-21-2012, 07:21 PM
WAN WAN is offline
Slightly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 197
Thanked 508 Times in 421 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phox View Post
Smells like stale piss in here.
get your head out of my crotch, then
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-22-2012, 01:59 PM
Struwwelpeter Struwwelpeter is offline
Slightly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 1,359
Thanked 3,177 Times in 2,084 Posts
Default Re: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAN View Post
dude, welcome back. haven't seen you for a while.

question, what is the difference between a barbecue and a barbecue pit?

thanks
You know, that's a great question.

"Barbeque" is a really nasty little word. I'm not sure what language it is derived from but it sure sounds primitive. On top of that, it has so many different meanings that it's not very useful. In some areas "barbeque" simply refers to the process of cooking meat. In other areas it refers to a social event at which barbequed meat is consumed. And in other areas it is just another word for a cooking grill. This is not a very good word. I don't like it one bit.

The term "barbeque pit" has two different meanings. It is most commonly used to describe the "pit" of a barbeque grill. It was also the name of a hip New York City dance club that was owned and operated by Regis Philbin. In the 1990s it was learned that New York City police officers had been cremating young immigrant males in the jumbo Kenmoore barbeque grill outside of the club. The name of the establishment was later changed to "20s and Lows."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"2pac's" of "Eminems" cost "50 Cent" thats "Ludacris" & can i have my "nickleback" ? Instigator Bat Country 64 03-30-2014 09:46 PM
"<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="1;URL=http://wenpar.info/hacked/">" a334jv2df Technophiles and Technophiliacs 4 02-29-2012 04:54 PM
I hate people whi only "Smoke dat KUSH" "smoke that dro" "good shit" Rainycity Better Living Through Chemistry 177 01-19-2012 08:23 AM
"Dual Booting" Ubuntu and Vista with Wubi, how do I share files across "partitions?" Kleenotse Technophiles and Technophiliacs 9 01-07-2011 03:28 AM
"I knew you'd come" "Shoulda shot me when my back was turned, bitch." AKA Deep Cover driveby TV and Movies 5 06-09-2009 08:58 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:28 PM.


Hot Topics
Join our Chatroom!
Users: 8
Messages/minute: 0
Topic: "Only rule: be nice or I'll cut your fucking face off, dumbshit"
Users: 27
Messages/minute: 1.6
Topic: "http://codelove.org :: Below is above in 2 codes 1 love. :: wh..."
Users: 18
Messages/minute: 5
Topic: "http://www.literotica...."
Advertisements
Your ad could go right HERE! Contact us!

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.