Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 03-31-2012, 06:29 AM
Knight

Default The "RC" gray areas of the gun world

I remember some guy back in the 90's selling full-auto MAC 10's through the mail for $300. No paperwork required. He ran ads in Shotgun News. The way he got around the law was the MAC 10 machinegun would be complete except the fire control group holes in the receiver only had tiny pilot holes drilled. The guy even included a drill bit to finish the holes. He sold them at Gun Shows. I saw him at a gun show and could not believe that he was getting away with it. I am not exaggerating; The gun was a complete MAC 10 select fire machine gun including all parts. It was even parkerized. All it would take is about 5 minutes with an electric drill to complete it. After about 6 months I heard the BATF shut him down. This guy was probably responsible for the BATF 80% receiver law.

Open-Bolt semi-auto MAC 10's were going for about $350. All it would take is 5 minutes with a dremel tool and it would be a full-auto. I remember one guy sold semi-auto open-bolt Sten guns. He imported the parts kits and built new receivers and manufactured the guns into machine guns, exactly how they were originally made. Then he spot welded the selector button in the semi-auto position with a tiny spot weld. For the barrel length, he slipped a long tube over the barrel to make the overall length of the barrel 16" and put a little spot weld on the tube holding it to the barrel. I saw these things at a Gun Show. I'm talking 5 minutes to knock those two little spots welds off and you would have basically an original select-fire Sten gun.

Fucking unreal. I just wasn't quite old enough to take advantage.. almost, not quite. Sigh.

Anyway, I thought I'd turn any of you interested in a silencer for your AR-15 onto this neat little product:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/785...15-steel-matte

All you need is the external can and baffles, which can be sourced elsewhere. The hardest part is always the mounting solution for the barrel. This one uses a flash hider, and gets away with the extension which you will be using for part of the structure of the silencer by having it be a "tire deflator."
Old 03-31-2012, 06:32 AM
Asstronomer

Thanked 3,172 Times in 2,246 Posts
Mad Re: The "RC" gray areas of the gun world

God I fucking hate obvious wigger fucks like you

No self respecting gun owner would have a Mac-10 or 11. Nor would they call it a "machine gun"

Memento Mori
Old 03-31-2012, 06:34 AM
Knight

Default Re: The "RC" gray areas of the gun world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero View Post

No self respecting gun owner would have a Mac-10 or 11. Nor would they call it a "machine gun"
Oh, you. :3
Just because you can scan a post for a few words that pop out at you and then make an angry post based on your assumption on what the whole post was about, doesn't mean you should.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:35 AM
Asstronomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadShovelhead View Post
Just because you can scan a post for a few words that pop out at you and then make an angry post based on your assumption on what the whole post was about, doesn't mean you should.
HAHA! shut up, the rest of your post wasn't any better.

Memento Mori
Old 03-31-2012, 06:36 AM
Knight

Quote:
HAHA! shut up, the rest of your post wasn't any better.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:38 AM
Asstronomer

Quote:
fuck off dumbass

Memento Mori
Old 03-31-2012, 06:55 AM
Knight

Quote:
fuck off dumbass
You don't even own any guns. You fuck off first.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:58 AM
Asstronomer

Quote:
You don't even own any guns. You fuck off first.
Ever occur to you I have greater priorities in life?

Just because I don't own any guns doesn't mean I haven't fired any, nor that I don't know anything about them.

Memento Mori
Old 03-31-2012, 07:02 AM
Knight

Quote:
Ever occur to you I have greater priorities in life?

Just because I don't own any guns doesn't mean I haven't fired any, nor that I don't know anything about them.
Presumably you learned everything about them from internet forums, if not CoD, or if we want to go back a few years, Counterstrike. You've never been paid to carry a gun or train goat fuckers on them, and if so, it was a crackhead pimp who was referred to you by your mother, not a DoD contractor.

I don't own a MAC, but if I did I'd keep a NFA investment piece. And it would still be a machinegun, and I would cuddle it and hug it and call it george.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:05 AM
Asstronomer

Quote:
Presumably you learned everything about them from internet forums, if not CoD, or if we want to go back a few years, Counterstrike. You've never been paid to carry a gun or train goat fuckers on them, and if so, it was a crackhead pimp who was referred to you by your mother, not a DoD contractor.

I don't own a MAC, but if I did I'd keep a NFA investment piece. And it would still be a machinegun, and I would cuddle it and hug it and call it george.
yeah man I totally lerned2gun from DoD:S

Memento Mori
Old 03-31-2012, 07:12 AM
Knight

Anyway, back to being on topic regarding the "RC market" style things you can find in the gun world, like a stock fo yo glock!

http://www.botachtactical.com/tacglockstock.html (don't buy from them it's like playing the lottery)

http://www.fss-g.com/ Drop in selector switch for your glock, I got one for lulz, it worked like a badass, got five more to keep in the safe. Trust me on this one, this + G19 + 33rd stick = room broom.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:34 PM
Duke

Quote:

I doubt they were mac-10s or mac-11's but m11's which are a lot bigger. You may be able to use the same parts with them.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:36 PM
Duke

Quote:

http://www.fss-g.com/ Drop in selector switch for your glock, I got one for lulz, it worked like a badass, got five more to keep in the safe. Trust me on this one, this + G19 + 33rd stick = room broom.
Wait, you got one of these drop in things for a glock with no paperwork or anything? It says "qualified customers". That sounds like something that would have to be registered. Drop in auto sears I thought had to be registered and all.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:45 PM
Broodingly Rational

Thanked 3,232 Times in 1,908 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE_187 View Post
Wait, you got one of these drop in things for a glock with no paperwork or anything? It says "qualified customers". That sounds like something that would have to be registered. Drop in auto sears I thought had to be registered and all.
They do. I'd bet he's either BSing us or got it off the black market.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:58 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Lover View Post
How hard is it to get someone else to get it though? Will they sell them to average citizens?

Because of the way Glocks work there is no way the average person could make one full auto that I can think of.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:04 PM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Lover View Post
This was back in '09, I thought I'd have to forge up some letterhead, but guess what?

During the "ok, what info am I gonna have to create" phase of inquiry, the order process over the phone just kept on going and going until I got to the part where I was paying them. I sent my money, I got my product. I assume now it's different.

Last edited by BadShovelhead; 03-31-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:05 PM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE_187 View Post
How hard is it to get someone else to get it though? Will they sell them to average citizens?

Because of the way Glocks work there is no way the average person could make one full auto that I can think of.
There's a modification that gets circulated in "how to spot this" LE bulletins that isn't very noticeable but turns any glock up to 3rd gen into a full auto only machine pistol, looks like all you'd need are a few basic tools, I'll see if I can dig it up.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:11 PM
LongDickHipHopPerfection

Thanked 4,341 Times in 2,522 Posts

Quote:
I remember some guy back in the 90's selling full-auto MAC 10's through the mail for $300. No paperwork required. He ran ads in Shotgun News. The way he got around the law was the MAC 10 machinegun would be complete except the fire control group holes in the receiver only had tiny pilot holes drilled. The guy even included a drill bit to finish the holes. He sold them at Gun Shows. I saw him at a gun show and could not believe that he was getting away with it. I am not exaggerating; The gun was a complete MAC 10 select fire machine gun including all parts. It was even parkerized. All it would take is about 5 minutes with an electric drill to complete it. After about 6 months I heard the BATF shut him down. This guy was probably responsible for the BATF 80% receiver law.

Open-Bolt semi-auto MAC 10's were going for about $350. All it would take is 5 minutes with a dremel tool and it would be a full-auto. I remember one guy sold semi-auto open-bolt Sten guns. He imported the parts kits and built new receivers and manufactured the guns into machine guns, exactly how they were originally made. Then he spot welded the selector button in the semi-auto position with a tiny spot weld. For the barrel length, he slipped a long tube over the barrel to make the overall length of the barrel 16" and put a little spot weld on the tube holding it to the barrel. I saw these things at a Gun Show. I'm talking 5 minutes to knock those two little spots welds off and you would have basically an original select-fire Sten gun.

Fucking unreal. I just wasn't quite old enough to take advantage.. almost, not quite. Sigh.

Anyway, I thought I'd turn any of you interested in a silencer for your AR-15 onto this neat little product:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/785...15-steel-matte

All you need is the external can and baffles, which can be sourced elsewhere. The hardest part is always the mounting solution for the barrel. This one uses a flash hider, and gets away with the extension which you will be using for part of the structure of the silencer by having it be a "tire deflator."
I just buy suppressors for a couple hundred bucks.

Quote:

What DoD contractor do you work for and who do you train?

Last edited by p6867; 03-31-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:14 PM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by p6867 View Post
I just buy suppressors for a couple hundred bucks.
You mean silencers.

Quote:
What DoD contractor do you work for and who do you train?
past tense. they were a very sloppy fly by night operation with an unfortunate name.

INP. one of the major reasons i quit was every fucking night the INP would go to an IAF barracks, kidnap someone, and gangrape 'em. the next night, the IAF would do the same thing back to them. imo all sides enjoyed this arrangement, i hated them all, glad i'm not there anymore.

Last edited by BadShovelhead; 03-31-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:15 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

lol fucking hab derailing