Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 04-02-2012, 12:11 AM
Duke

Question Persistent tremor, drug induced, why?

So, for the past month or two I've had a persistent tremor that seems to be getting slowly but surely worse. It actually started out late last year, but would only last for an hour or so and only after a night of heavy drinking. I've been getting drunk on average 4 nights per week for the past 9 or so months now, initially I was at about 7-8 shots of vodka per night, now it's around double that.

For the past month the tremor has been persistent, i.e., I have it all the time, and it seems to have slightly worsened. I've also been taking about 200mg of sertraline per day for 6 weeks and occasionally I binge on ~10mg of diazepam or 1-2mg of alprazolam, and probably half the time I do that I mix it with alcohol.

I have not felt sick at all because of drinking in months and even on benzos the tremor is still there. I can't even take a non-blurry photo to save my life. I recently had to use a screwdriver on some tiny screws and I could barely do it because of the tremors.

I'm thinking this is because of the extended abuse of alcohol... apart from the tremors though, I'm feeling quite and and in good general health.

So yeah, what up with that?
Old 04-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Duke

Send a message via ICQ to a334jv2df Send a message via AIM to a334jv2df Send a message via Yahoo to a334jv2df
Default Re: Persistent tremor, drug induced, why?

It's DEFINITELY the alcohol dude. I had that shit for over a month when I was drinking a liter of vodka a night. For me it went away after about 10 days of not drinking. The only thing that would stop me from shaking was about 6 shots of vodka or 3mg of xanax. 1mg of kpins wouldn't even help it.

It was so annoying that I decided it was best for me to just stay drunk all day. But, that's obviously not sustainable. Just find a new drug to stay fucked up on for a few weeks.

Also, if the tremors persist even after you're shitfaced, it's something more serious and you should either see a doctor or just live with it / forget about it
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
kingOfCrash (04-03-2012)
Old 04-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Archduke

Judging by the thousand other posts I read of your drunk adventures I'd say you should slow down the alcohol. Friend told me guys in rehab had it pretty bad, even though they stopped drinking for a few weeks or months their hands would shake a lot.

at least you aren't getting fucked up physiological side effects of seeing or hearing things, a lot of longterm alcoholics get this and it sounds fucked.

why is this shit legal again?
Old 04-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Duke

Send a message via ICQ to a334jv2df Send a message via AIM to a334jv2df Send a message via Yahoo to a334jv2df

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirana View Post
For the same reason we're alive, consciously floating on a giant rock through space. It's just a total accumulation of everything that has happened up until now and makes absolutely no sense, or perfect sense depending on how you view it.

We could very well be doing heroin right now, asking why that's legal but alcohol isn't. Or, we could have 6 arms and 4 legs and reproduce asexually... but that's just not how it is.
i poop in your cereal (04-02-2012), Mordisk (04-04-2012)
Old 04-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Count

i dont know maybe because it's all the dumb shit you do because you don't have connections or the money to get real drugs? by dumb shit I mean the thread in my signature

all in all, go to a fucking doctor if you're so worried about it, none of us can truly help you, maybe they'll give you some more whack drugs to abuse
Old 04-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze View Post
i dont know maybe because it's all the dumb shit you do because you don't have connections or the money to get real drugs? by dumb shit I mean the thread in my signature
LOL i'm honoured to have made it into your signature <3
Old 04-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Marquis

When you're drunk, the 'shakes' stop. That's not it.

Here: Zoloft and tremors
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Anxiety...ct/show/518998

Your Friend,
Google
Old 04-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboneger View Post
When you're drunk, the 'shakes' stop. That's not it.

Here: Zoloft and tremors
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Anxiety...ct/show/518998

Your Friend,
Google
yeah I've read up on that, it'd explain the ringing in my ears too, though i reckon that both the sertraline and liquor exacerbate each others' tremors
Old 04-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Marquis

Phenazepam is a well-documented cure for this condition. I advise you use it liberally to alleviate your symptoms and resolve this pressing issue permanently and with great success. It really is a wonder-drug on so many levels.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Lister View Post
Phenazepam is a well-documented cure for this condition. I advise you use it liberally to alleviate your symptoms and resolve this pressing issue permanently and with great success. It really is a wonder-drug on so many levels.
i c wut u did thar
Old 04-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Marquis

just ease off the ssri's...
Old 04-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Howie Hubler

Thanked 1,089 Times in 659 Posts

Its the booze; the longer you drink, the longer the the tremors will linger after you stop. They will keep becoming more persistent the longer you continue to drink. Eventually you'll be walking around like Muhammad Ali whenever you arent shit-faced
Old 04-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Duke

Thanked 1,258 Times in 843 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Ph0x

Sounds like you need a shot of B12 to me.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:31 AM
Baron

Try taking 40mg of DXM and see if it helps.

Listen to aa334jv2df.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:11 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by a334jv2df View Post
Also, if the tremors persist even after you're shitfaced, it's something more serious and you should either see a doctor or just live with it / forget about it
Well, I've never actually paid attention when I'm properly drunk, I guess I should give that a go next time I get drunk. Which will be within the next 24 hours. Hopefully within the next couple. herp derp
Old 04-03-2012, 06:13 AM
Grander Duke

Thanked 1,737 Times in 1,303 Posts

Could be side effects from high doses of SSRI's, that shit is not exactly safe
Old 04-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Duke

OK, 1/4 of a litre of vodka down and still no change in tremors. FML.

edit: yeah, I know 1/4 litre isn't much. i'm not going anywhere tonight though so i don't plan on going past the mid-way mark, i.e. 1/2 litre
Old 04-03-2012, 01:05 PM
iLumminati Puppt in a box

Thanked 3,283 Times in 2,270 Posts
Thumbs Up Re: Persistent tremor, drug induced, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirana View Post
Judging by the thousand other posts I read of your drunk adventures I'd say you should slow down the alcohol. Friend told me guys in rehab had it pretty bad, even though they stopped drinking for a few weeks or months their hands would shake a lot.

at least you aren't getting fucked up physiological side effects of seeing or hearing things, a lot of longterm alcoholics get this and it sounds fucked.

Because alcohol is pretty much impossible to control considering how fucking easy it is to make. Alcohol is most likely responsible for civilization and agriculture. So fuck you, alcohol is awesome. People are dumb.

STD:

You probably are malnourished from drinking so much. I doubt you take care of yourself. Tremors might be related to a vitamin B deficiency - which incidentally if you were drinking Mead made like it was hundreds of years ago you wouldn't have this problem at all.
Vizier (04-07-2012)
Old 04-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMagiNation View Post
So fuck you, alcohol is awesome
Cannot disagree with this logic. <3
Old 04-03-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STD View Post
Cannot disagree with this logic. <3
Seriously though, what's your diet like?

I'm able to sustain being an alcoholic because I'm fairly careful with my micronutrition and try to eat a fairly decent amount of protein.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Duke

Quote:
Seriously though, what's your diet like?

I'm able to sustain being an alcoholic because I'm fairly careful with my micronutrition and try to eat a fairly decent amount of protein.
~90g protein, ~100g carbs, not that much fat. pretty good, except the times i binge (then... regurgitate )
Old 04-03-2012, 01:49 PM

okay yeah but those 90 gs of protein could be like 90 grams of soy protein powder which isn't going to help you much, or it could be a wide variety of things including meats and nuts and eggs and fish and even some vegetables(bean sprouts!) or grains. 100 grams of carbs could be nothing but refined sugar which lol, will not end well.

and no fat?

fuck dude.

here are a few things that should help you out that you can eat and that taste awesome while drunk: nuts of just about any kind, salt is alright but don't bother with all the honey roasted fucking MSG up the wazoo nonsense; seeds of many sorts including sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, and pumpkin seeds; mother fucking HONEY - go for raw, and local if possible. the honey will be the most expensive but the most worth it, and it has plenty of b vitamins. try chasing a shot of vodka with a big mouthful of some amazing honey. mmm. or a wine & cheese & honey tasting party! that's always fucking orgasmic.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:21 AM
Duke

Quote:
okay yeah but those 90 gs of protein could be like 90 grams of soy protein powder which isn't going to help you much, or it could be a wide variety of things including meats and nuts and eggs and fish and even some vegetables(bean sprouts!) or grains. 100 grams of carbs could be nothing but refined sugar which lol, will not end well.
nah it's mostly meat fat, like chicken and steak... and bacon, so there's enough fat there, carbs are mostly complex with the exception of the times i binge on candy. plus the vodka
Old 04-07-2012, 07:25 AM
Archduke

Thanked 1,245 Times in 851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by STD View Post
For the past month the tremor has been persistent, i.e., I have it all the time, and it seems to have slightly worsened. I've also been taking about 200mg of sertraline per day for 6 weeks and occasionally I binge on ~10mg of diazepam or 1-2mg of alprazolam, and probably half the time I do that I mix it with alcohol.
If the tremor persists even when alcohol and benzos are present, then it's likely something else. My first guess would be some kind of Parkinsonian syndrome brought on by RC use; either because some dopaminergic RC is actually neurotoxic, or because it contained neurotoxic impurities.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:30 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroponichronic View Post
If the tremor persists even when alcohol and benzos are present, then it's likely something else. My first guess would be some kind of Parkinsonian syndrome brought on by RC use; either because some dopaminergic RC is actually neurotoxic, or because it contained neurotoxic impurities.
Well, 9 shots down and it's improved a little... but it only really started after I increased the drinking and started taking the sertraline daily. I guess we'll see how the months go... and tonight after much moar vodka and benzos.