Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Official Bullshit > Support and Suggestions > Rejected

Old 03-31-2012, 09:12 AM
President Of The Fragyard

Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,837 Posts
Default In light of recent events, I feel Zoklet needs major political restructuring

We all know RDProgrammer was PI fishing and the shitstorm has finally died down. I don't know how many people's PI was compromised, but I can say with full confidence that Zoklet needs major restructuring and members of the community will back me on my stance. In this post, I will outline some main problems and propose solutions to each of them.

Problems:
  1. We cannot trust the integrity of the mods and admins and therefore mud farmer posting restrictions are of no consequence to them in terms of making alts.
  2. Mud farmers can be created easily and quickly and, with the blessing of a mod, can function virtually identically to a regular account.
  3. Moderators and admins are given far too much control over their forums and have far too few checks and balances to keep them in line. The admins, most notably, simply don't give a fuck and the community never has any say in disciplining the admins. One needs only flash back to the Ate saga, where the community had to literally push harder than childbirth to get the schizophrenic power crazed mod off an otherwise perfectly fine forum.
  4. Feds can spectate sensitive forums with no account and can post and bait with no restriction as a mud farmer. Here's an example of a transparent attempt at baiting, regardless of whether it's a fed or a user, me via PM:

This is made obvious by this retardedly simple observation:

0 posts, no activity, here's a direct link to the profile.

http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/member.php?u=24658

Solutions:
  1. Create a system of limited registrations per month (we'll have a small quota and no more) and only during a the first week of each month. Each registering user has to fill out a short questionnaire to screen for quality, which includes a short essay to be written for Zoklet access.
  2. Create a Mud Farmer section where mud farmers can post and post a set number of posts per day till they get out of MF status. No validations, no bullshit.
  3. Let non-regs and Mud Farmers have limited viewing privileges, so forums like BI, BLTC and Trading Pit will be inaccessible. Contrary to popular belief, this will only build confidence in the site's security for non-members rather than driving them away.
  4. Finally, COMMUNITY REPRESENTATION. Let existing mods nominate candidates for each forum and let the community have at least 50% weightage in the decision via vote. Mods will conclude with a list of the top five or similar candidates and then look at the top 5 or so candidates from the community choice, add up their placing and the contestant with the lowest amount of points wins. For example, if Vizier is the #1 community choice and the #3 mod choice, he will have 4 points and if Snoopy is the #4 community choice and the #1 mod choice, he will have 5 points and Vizier beats Snoopy.

To add to this, the community will elect 1-3 community presidents or reps, who will act as a direct liaison between the community and the admins. We won't be able to see admin PI of any sort, but any decision we pass will be sent directly to the admin's email inboxes rather than just Zoklet, because the mods obviously lack the necessary fucks to give. Then the admins MUST consider our proposal. Of course we can't move past that because this site is a private show, but even Zok wants to see this site running like a well oiled machine.

Add ANY ammendments you want. I might not have everything pinned down, but I do know that the site needs major restructuring and that as a community, we can come up with the best solution.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Grander Duke

Send a message via MSN to pill popper
Default Re: In light of recent events, I feel Zoklet needs major political restructuring

That doesn't sound half bad but it's too bad the admin won't give a fuck and will ignores this because it will hurt sensitive feelings

Sent from my Blackberry
Old 04-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Baron

Default Re: In light of recent events, I feel Zoklet needs major political restructuring

Admins don't give a shit about this place. I'd bet they knew what was going on and were helping.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Duke

Facepalm Re: In light of recent events, I feel Zoklet needs major political restructuring

Old 04-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Bringer of Evil

Thanked 1,855 Times in 950 Posts

u mad bro?

It's not going to happen. Merely a dream, son.

http://www.panthraxnation.host.sk | Get Addicted.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Grander Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthrax View Post
u mad bro?

It's not going to happen. Merely a dream, son.

Lol, They will never want to improve this place at all
The butthurt will flow like never before if something good actually changed around here. I mean look at how closely guarded this twits are about Rdprogrammer

Sent from my Blackberry
Old 04-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Count

Terrible idea. No one will join the site then.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:53 PM
iLumminati Puppt in a box

Thanked 3,283 Times in 2,270 Posts

oh wee, more bureaucracy.

no dude we need admins that actually give two shits about this place.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoxomoxoA View Post

Old 04-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Marquis

Old 04-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Significantly Grander Duke

Thanked 2,278 Times in 1,745 Posts

Coup, anyone?
Old 04-01-2012, 07:59 PM
LongDickHipHopPerfection

Thanked 4,299 Times in 2,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
We all know RDProgrammer was PI fishing and the shitstorm has finally died down. I don't know how many people's PI was compromised, but I can say with full confidence that Zoklet needs major restructuring and members of the community will back me on my stance. In this post, I will outline some main problems and propose solutions to each of them.

Problems:
  1. We cannot trust the integrity of the mods and admins and therefore mud farmer posting restrictions are of no consequence to them in terms of making alts.
  2. Mud farmers can be created easily and quickly and, with the blessing of a mod, can function virtually identically to a regular account.
  3. Moderators and admins are given far too much control over their forums and have far too few checks and balances to keep them in line. The admins, most notably, simply don't give a fuck and the community never has any say in disciplining the admins. One needs only flash back to the Ate saga, where the community had to literally push harder than childbirth to get the schizophrenic power crazed mod off an otherwise perfectly fine forum.
  4. Feds can spectate sensitive forums with no account and can post and bait with no restriction as a mud farmer. Here's an example of a transparent attempt at baiting, regardless of whether it's a fed or a user, me via PM:

Solutions:
  1. Create a system of limited registrations per month (we'll have a small quota and no more) and only during a the first week of each month. Each registering user has to fill out a short questionnaire to screen for quality, which includes a short essay to be written for Zoklet access.
  2. Create a Mud Farmer section where mud farmers can post and post a set number of posts per day till they get out of MF status. No validations, no bullshit.
  3. Let non-regs and Mud Farmers have limited viewing privileges, so forums like BI, BLTC and Trading Pit will be inaccessible. Contrary to popular belief, this will only build confidence in the site's security for non-members rather than driving them away.
  4. Finally, COMMUNITY REPRESENTATION. Let existing mods nominate candidates for each forum and let the community have at least 50% weightage in the decision via vote. Mods will conclude with a list of the top five or similar candidates and then look at the top 5 or so candidates from the community choice, add up their placing and the contestant with the lowest amount of points wins. For example, if Vizier is the #1 community choice and the #3 mod choice, he will have 4 points and if Snoopy is the #4 community choice and the #1 mod choice, he will have 5 points and Vizier beats Snoopy.

To add to this, the community will elect 1-3 community presidents or reps, who will act as a direct liaison between the community and the admins. We won't be able to see admin PI of any sort, but any decision we pass will be sent directly to the admin's email inboxes rather than just Zoklet, because the mods obviously lack the necessary fucks to give. Then the admins MUST consider our proposal. Of course we can't move past that because this site is a private show, but even Zok wants to see this site running like a well oiled machine.

Add ANY ammendments you want. I might not have everything pinned down, but I do know that the site needs major restructuring and that as a community, we can come up with the best solution.
how about jackasses just stop giving PI to any unverified stranger on the internet promising free drugs?
Old 04-01-2012, 08:01 PM

lol. yeah random stranger actually turning out to be a MODERATOR ON THIS SITE. hrrm.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Marquis

Thanked 1,075 Times in 662 Posts

^OMG, ZOK PROTECT ME FROM MYSELF!

Protip: stop being idiots.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Ghost Buster (04-01-2012), p6867 (04-01-2012), Tachosomoza (04-01-2012)
Old 04-01-2012, 08:07 PM
LongDickHipHopPerfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMagiNation View Post
lol. yeah random stranger actually turning out to be a MODERATOR ON THIS SITE. hrrm.
how does it matter that he's a mod? Literally ANYONE could do that? It's not like RDP used the mods and admins forum or the moderator control panel, literally the only 2 things that differentiate normal users and moderators, to accomplish this task. He went through and collected the PI of all the users he didn't like in the stupidest way possible and morons fell for it.
You can try to make something idiot proof, but they'll always make a bigger idiot.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:25 PM

lol you fucking idiots, you don't even know how the service center worked

mods have to approve threads to be posted there

he used his power to deem that thread legitimate.

ergo, he abused his mods powers.

STFU you fucking hypocritical fucks. god, the entire administration is such a fucking failure it makes me almost think spectral's ramblings make sense. almost.

this forum, and especially the trading pit, relies on a reputation. up to this point there had really been no funny business in the service center. now everything is fucked up and the admin are doing nothing, the vendors are confused/pissed, the users are angry/bewildered, and the single mod there now really has no idea.

so FUCK YOU and stop trying to blame it on the fucking users.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
AoxomoxoA (04-01-2012)
Old 04-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Asstronomer

Thanked 3,049 Times in 2,162 Posts
Mad Re: In light of recent events, I feel Zoklet needs major political restructuring

Solution: Habanero as Zoklet dictator for life.

Memento Mori
Old 04-01-2012, 09:34 PM
LongDickHipHopPerfection

Guize i r vendor please to be giving me PI for which to be giving you samples. What does it take to become a 'legit' vendor on this site? Not a fucking lot. RDP always pissed me off, but you guys got bamboozled by a fat neckbeard.
I don't trust ANYONE on this site with my PI. I'm kind of almost convinced half of you are just spectral's alts and that there are only like 10 users on here. You guys need to decide for yourselves when to trust people and when not too. Also i'm part of the 'administration' of this site in the loosest possible terms. i mod the slowest forum on the site and don't usually get involved in site drama or policies.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Significantly Grander Duke

Thanked 2,278 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by p6867 View Post
Guize i r vendor please to be giving me PI for which to be giving you samples. What does it take to become a 'legit' vendor on this site? Not a fucking lot. RDP always pissed me off, but you guys got bamboozled by a fat neckbeard.
I don't trust ANYONE on this site with my PI. I'm kind of almost convinced half of you are just spectral's alts and that there are only like 10 users on here. You guys need to decide for yourselves when to trust people and when not too. Also i'm part of the 'administration' of this site in the loosest possible terms. i mod the slowest forum on the site and don't usually get involved in site drama or policies.
Thinking like this is why I wanted you for mod.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachosomoza View Post
Thinking like this is why I wanted you for mod.
:lovecat:
Old 04-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Badministrator

Thanked 2,622 Times in 1,659 Posts

ITT: In an effort to maintain anarchy we must oppress everyone.

--
Self loathing is the fate of all great iconoclasts.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMagiNation View Post
STFU you fucking hypocritical fucks. god, the entire administration is such a fucking failure it makes me almost think spectral's ramblings make sense. almost.
...Too far
Old 04-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Marquis

Quote:
This.

By the way OP all of your suggestions were fucking terrible.

Literally all 4 of your suggestions are totally retarded.

You want to fix this shit? Impose a rule stating that any mod will be removed if more than 70% of the user base desires it. Or something to that affect.

If that were imposed, RDP would never have remained a mod.

That seems a whole lot simpler than another 4 layers of bureaucracy.

But that will never happen, because wires doesn't care what the majority of the regulars think about this site, or her precious clan of moderators.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:04 AM
Loki

Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,746 Posts

Quote:
how does it matter that he's a mod? Literally ANYONE could do that?
I'm surprised it hadn't happened sooner.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
...you don't get it. it's okay though.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:54 AM
Duke

Political restructuring?

Call me a Zoklet Fascist

Oh, and since Pill Popper posted in this thead;

Sent from my iphone
Old 04-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,338 Posts

Yeah, OP is kinda, uhh, well it's just not going to happen. I don't even know what an "admin liaison" would do, bug the admins? That's what us mods are for
Old 04-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Baron

I believe we need to get rid of all user titles, both custom and post count-based, and begin equally distributing thanks amongst our comrades!
Old 04-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Archduke

omg op you've got to be kidding me

the answer is simple. ONLY ban ppl if they spam or do something obviously out of line. THATS IT. let zoklet be free, let anyone who wants to join, join WITHOUT BEING QUESTIONED

gosh what's wrong with you people. why, on a free speech site do you want to bring restrictions
Old 04-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh View Post
I believe we need to get rid of all user titles, both custom and post count-based, and begin equally distributing thanks amongst our comrades!
This is is the only political restructuring needed.

Anyway, on the mudfarmer cops, fuck em like always.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknickns View Post
Political restructuring?
Call me a Zoklet Fascist
Ok I'll call you a zoklet Fascist....FASCIST.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:53 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh View Post
Fuck you bitch. Now get down here and suck my dick!!

Sent from my iphone
Old 04-03-2012, 06:54 AM
Grander Duke

Thanked 1,737 Times in 1,303 Posts

Quote:
Fuck you bitch. Now get down here and suck my dick!!

Sent from my iphone
You need to be banned
Old 04-03-2012, 06:56 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Zion View Post
You need to be banned
Fuck you bitch, I'll come back as slicknicknsJR and haunt your bitch ass even harder and start an even better trend of rippin' on your punk, Paramore lovin' ass. Motherfucker.

Fuck you.

Sent from my iphone via Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2012, 06:56 AM
Pumped With Gravy

Hypno-HAI Re: In light of recent events, I feel Zoklet needs major political restructuring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus View Post
Lol at your Sig ..
Old 04-03-2012, 06:58 AM
Grander Duke

Thanked 1,737 Times in 1,303 Posts

Quote:
Fuck you bitch, I'll come back as slicknicknsJR and haunt your bitch ass even harder and start an even better trend of rippin' on your punk, Paramore lovin' ass. Motherfucker.

Fuck you.

Sent from my iphone via Tapatalk
Bring it on bitch
Old 04-03-2012, 07:42 AM
Count

No one is going to write a fuckin essay to join zoklet.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Grander Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny View Post
Yeah, OP is kinda, uhh, well it's just not going to happen. I don't even know what an "admin liaison" would do, bug the admins? That's what us mods are for
That's kinda funny

You twats don't seem to be doing anything except ignore users. Kinda the point the op was trying to make but you don't care and none of the admin do big fucking surprise

Sent from my Blackberry
Old 04-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
Feds can spectate sensitive forums with no account and can post and bait with no restriction as a mud farmer. Here's an example of a transparent attempt at baiting, regardless of whether it's a fed or a user, me via PM:[/list]

You do know that the person who sent you that PM is not in law enforcement, right? Some of us may be dumb, but gee-whiz, give us at least some credit here, that's Nigerian scammer material, not even close to FBI material.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pill popper View Post
That's kinda funny

You twats don't seem to be doing anything except ignore users. Kinda the point the op was trying to make but you don't care and none of the admin do big fucking surprise
Someone might take you seriously about that if you weren't the most pathetic troll on the site.