Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Gluttons & Gourmets

Old 04-02-2012, 08:44 PM

Thanked 2,850 Times in 1,739 Posts
Default edible fast foods

I went for, I dunno, maybe six years without eating fast food, but I recently got hooked on Carls Junior fish and chips. Love it. ("Hooked"-- "fish"--get it?)

Too bad their drink selection has nothing except plain water which contains neither sugar nor caffeine.

Any other edible fast food--that is, no trans-fat and not a shitload of salt?
Old 04-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,717 Times in 1,150 Posts
Default Re: edible fast foods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsMerchant View Post
I went for, I dunno, maybe six years without eating fast food, but I recently got hooked on Carls Junior fish and chips. Love it. ("Hooked"-- "fish"--get it?)

Too bad their drink selection has nothing except plain water which contains neither sugar nor caffeine.

Never tried the fish and chips at carls jr, I didn't even know they served that, although they are probably my favorite fast food. The food they serve seems to be of pretty high quality (for a fast food restaurant) and their locations always seem to be pretty clean and what not. Also I don't think I have tried anything there that I haven't liked and have never gotten sick from eating there.

I haven't eaten a lot of fast food in the last couple of years until recently because I have become a little bit lazy and its much easier to pay someone $5 to make you a hot lunch in minutes than it is to make and pack one at 7am when you are dead tired and just want to go back to bed or get some coffee in you.

They don't have an In 'n' Out in Alaska do they? That place is great!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Marquis

Send a message via Skype™ to Vox Ducis

What about making your own fish and chips or burgers at home ? This way you wouldn't have to wonder what's really inside your food.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
ArmsMerchant (11-05-2012)
Old 04-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,717 Times in 1,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Ducis View Post
What about making your own fish and chips or burgers at home ? This way you wouldn't have to wonder what's really inside your food.

also it will most likely be the same ingredients that would would get from a fast food place but cheaper and prepared for you.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:34 AM
Knight

Subwayyyy
Old 04-03-2012, 02:37 AM
Knight

KFC nigga
Old 04-03-2012, 02:39 AM
Duke

Send a message via MSN to Ambient

KimBap/Sushi
Old 04-03-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Not an option. All I have to cook with in my 10x12 dry cabin is a microwave.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:25 AM
Duke

Send a message via MSN to White Jesus

Kebabs
Mmmmmm
Old 04-04-2012, 05:40 AM
Selfish Cunt

Thanked 2,338 Times in 1,598 Posts

i'd love to try american fish and chips. i just know it'll be all fucked up, but just interested in how fucked up they will have done it. lol
"I have gone through the mental exercise of spending a lifetime in prison and of dying for this cause. I have let the fear pass through me and with clarity commit myself fully to the mission and values outlined in the Silk Road charter". - DPR
Old 04-04-2012, 05:46 AM
Significantly Grander Duke

Thanked 1,807 Times in 1,408 Posts

Quote:
You're tired of heating ready-to-eat meals? Most restaurant food is loaded with salt.

No room for a hot-plate?
Old 04-04-2012, 05:53 AM
Selfish Cunt

man i so got a hard on for some proper fish n chips now i read this. and you know what? where i live is so plagued by immigrants, there isn't a proper fish and chip shop for miles either. damn i can't wait to get to cornwall next month.

shit it's the month after, fuck it.
"I have gone through the mental exercise of spending a lifetime in prison and of dying for this cause. I have let the fear pass through me and with clarity commit myself fully to the mission and values outlined in the Silk Road charter". - DPR
Old 04-06-2012, 02:54 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by is all mememememe with me View Post
man i so got a hard on for some proper fish n chips now i read this. and you know what? where i live is so plagued by immigrants, there isn't a proper fish and chip shop for miles either. damn i can't wait to get to cornwall next month.

shit it's the month after, fuck it.
Pshhh. I don't think there is a single fish n' chip shop in Korea.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:39 AM
Selfish Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambient View Post
Pshhh. I don't think there is a single fish n' chip shop in Korea.
what do they eat in korea? is it anything like chinese or thai? you don't tend to hear much of korean cuisine.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:21 AM
Cat Fucker

Thanked 2,539 Times in 1,734 Posts

Quote:
and not a shitload of salt?
You don't have to worry about high sodium intake, the health consequences are a myth: http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.p...lt-on-science/

Just drink enough water.
“Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.” - Carl Jung
Old 04-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Duke

Quote:
what do they eat in korea? is it anything like chinese or thai? you don't tend to hear much of korean cuisine.
If there is anything distinctive about Korean food, it would be:

a) Side dishes- Everything comes with side dishes, anywhere between two and ten or so.
b)Chilli- Most food is really spicy.
c) Pickled/fermented- So much food is pickled/fermented.

There's more to it to that, but that's it in a nutshell.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Knight

Sadly I don't have Carls Jr Hardees or Chic fil a. The only fast food I can stand to eat would be Subway, and Wendys.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:54 AM
Archduke

Thanked 1,240 Times in 760 Posts

Quote:
If there is anything distinctive about Korean food, it would be:

a) Side dishes- Everything comes with side dishes, anywhere between two and ten or so.
b)Chilli- Most food is really spicy.
c) Pickled/fermented- So much food is pickled/fermented.

There's more to it to that, but that's it in a nutshell.
Friday night we had some awesome Ko-rean. (Me coming from a German background and a bit of love for gastronomical adventure) I had already eased her Australian self into a solid appreciation for the likes of sauerkraut etc, so kimchi with the bibimbap wasnt too far off the menu which we had planned on..

...hell two weeks prior we were eating big delicious bowls of brothy 'combination' Pho - tendon, stomach lining, lung, testicle, and the delicious cheek were included - with a hand of sliced fresh chilli cast over each and a generous bunch of thai basil and shoots for her (a little more susceptible to the heat)..

..upon arrival though we couldn't not order korean buffet bbq for two. A little barbeque plate right in the middle of the table with the highest marbled steak I had seen ANYWHERE this stuff LOOKED like F2 at LEAST!
Whole Banana Prawns, Beef Skirt, Pork Belly, Chicken thigh (soy sauce marinated and hot and spicy marinated), and of course this melt in your mouth sirloin cut.
As many dumplings (girls all seem to LOVE dumplings and goyza, what's the fucking deal?), fermented seaweed, kimchi and home made red soybean paste as you liked, of course.

Best thing about it? Tossing bite sized pieces of this steak around with your chopsticks until theyre half a shade less cooked than rare, ripping them off and smearing in the red soybean paste and then dipping delicately into the soy sauce before placing it upon your tongue for a divine fucking experience. Every single bite was like this. Couldnt get enough.

We <3 Korean food. Also watched Oldboy and a movie about a godzilla like creature in Korea for the first time last night and recently saw Psy, just as co-incidence. Not Korea-gay or anything. Just co-incidence.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:12 AM
Knight

Fast foods in US don't have trans-fats anymore. They outlawed that shit last year.

Quote:
i'd love to try american fish and chips. i just know it'll be all fucked up, but just interested in how fucked up they will have done it. lol
Don't worry, all the places that serve that have plenty of disgusting mayonnaise and malt vinegar for you to dip your fish and fat ass french fries in.

Last edited by Psychotogen; 11-04-2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:20 AM
Sea Cucumber

Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,450 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Zanick

Subway I can tolerate, and Wendy's has okay salads. Most if not all others I refuse to eat at.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:34 AM
Count

jack in the box tacos FTW OR GTFO!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:07 AM
Archduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotogen View Post
Fast foods in US don't have trans-fats anymore. They outlawed that shit last year.

Don't worry, all the places that serve that have plenty of disgusting mayonnaise and malt vinegar for you to dip your fish and fat ass french fries in.
Lol @ Ignorant American. Mayonnaise on fish & chips; What the FUCK?

Malt vinegar is the only kind of vinegar for chips. If I wanted a spray bottle full of water I'd go to the fucking hairdressers mate.
Number13 (11-06-2012)
Old 11-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Baron

Five Guys for burgers and the fries are good.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwinnie Bogan View Post
Friday night we had some awesome Ko-rean. (Me coming from a German background and a bit of love for gastronomical adventure) I had already eased her Australian self into a solid appreciation for the likes of sauerkraut etc, so kimchi with the bibimbap wasnt too far off the menu which we had planned on..

...hell two weeks prior we were eating big delicious bowls of brothy 'combination' Pho - tendon, stomach lining, lung, testicle, and the delicious cheek were included - with a hand of sliced fresh chilli cast over each and a generous bunch of thai basil and shoots for her (a little more susceptible to the heat)..

..upon arrival though we couldn't not order korean buffet bbq for two. A little barbeque plate right in the middle of the table with the highest marbled steak I had seen ANYWHERE this stuff LOOKED like F2 at LEAST!
Whole Banana Prawns, Beef Skirt, Pork Belly, Chicken thigh (soy sauce marinated and hot and spicy marinated), and of course this melt in your mouth sirloin cut.
As many dumplings (girls all seem to LOVE dumplings and goyza, what's the fucking deal?), fermented seaweed, kimchi and home made red soybean paste as you liked, of course.

Best thing about it? Tossing bite sized pieces of this steak around with your chopsticks until theyre half a shade less cooked than rare, ripping them off and smearing in the red soybean paste and then dipping delicately into the soy sauce before placing it upon your tongue for a divine fucking experience. Every single bite was like this. Couldnt get enough.

We <3 Korean food. Also watched Oldboy and a movie about a godzilla like creature in Korea for the first time last night and recently saw Psy, just as co-incidence. Not Korea-gay or anything. Just co-incidence.
Oldboy is a great movie.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Archduke

Food from small local pizzarias. I don't like McDonalds, Burger King or what have you, it's all shit imo. Pizzas and kebab sandwiches though, gawd daymn.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Wealthy Merchant

I like the fish tacos at Del Taco. I like their "Del Inferno" sauce too.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Baron

Quote:

None have trans fat but pretty much all of them have lots of salt. Salt and fat make shit taste good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zok Jr. View Post
Never tried the fish and chips at carls jr, I didn't even know they served that, although they are probably my favorite fast food. The food they serve seems to be of pretty high quality (for a fast food restaurant) and their locations always seem to be pretty clean and what not. Also I don't think I have tried anything there that I haven't liked and have never gotten sick from eating there.

I haven't eaten a lot of fast food in the last couple of years until recently because I have become a little bit lazy and its much easier to pay someone $5 to make you a hot lunch in minutes than it is to make and pack one at 7am when you are dead tired and just want to go back to bed or get some coffee in you.

They don't have an In 'n' Out in Alaska do they? That place is great!
Yes it's easier to pay $5. Fast food is all about convenience.

Quote:
This is, of course, better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .missblack. View Post
Subwayyyy
ew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherfucking_Toast View Post
KFC nigga
nooo Popeyes is the only halfway edible fried chicken chain
Quote:
KimBap/Sushi
lolwut that's not really fast food
Quote:
How are brit fish and chips done? I'd be interested in making them.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Knight

yo,it's all about some popeye's chicken
Old 11-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Duke

in n out
Old 11-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Baron

There aren't many fast food places I'll eat at but I will eat some spicy popeye's chicken, red beans and rice, cajun potatoes and a biscuit. Fuck that stuff is so awful but while you're eating it it feels so good.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Duke

Quote:
What kind of indian are you? You cant make a damn grill with cinder blocks? Living in your cabin in alaska I pictured you cooking wild game over fires a lot. Now I picture you raiding dumpsters for fast food.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
you need a deep fryer for that stuff..
Old 11-05-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Good idea. And now that I a living in an actual house, with a kitchen and bathroom and shower and all, I can do it.

Cheers.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE_187 View Post
What kind of indian are you? You cant make a damn grill with cinder blocks? Living in your cabin in alaska I pictured you cooking wild game over fires a lot. Now I picture you raiding dumpsters for fast food.
Brick ovens are easy to make too. Kind of like this if you slop it together: http://people.umass.edu/dac/projects..._BrickOven.htm
Old 11-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Procrastination Expert

Quote:
Can't really say much about fast food fish and chips (didn't know there was such a thing, LOL) but every time I've ordered it at local diners it's been pretty good. The diner near my hometown makes pretty good fish and chips, I've never been to England but it seems very much like what it should be. The place I'm talking about serves you a nice big hot plate of crispy batter fried fish and thick fucking potato wedges and whatever side and dipping sauce you want. I usually get cole slaw on the side and tartar sauce for the fish. Some places give you a pickle too... I haven't had it in a while since I haven't been back home though so I can't remember.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwinnie Bogan View Post
Lol @ Ignorant American. Mayonnaise on fish & chips; What the FUCK?

Malt vinegar is the only kind of vinegar for chips. If I wanted a spray bottle full of water I'd go to the fucking hairdressers mate.
I must be mistaken. I thought you put mayonnaise on EVERYTHING. Personally I think it's disgusting.

If you think someone who doesn't know the eating habits of the entire world is ignorant, I'll be that guy.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:33 AM
Archduke

Grin Re: edible fast foods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotogen View Post
I must be mistaken. I thought you put mayonnaise on EVERYTHING. Personally I think it's disgusting.

If you think someone who doesn't know the eating habits of the entire world is ignorant, I'll be that guy.
I was just giving you shit, for thinking tartare sauce is used by everybody and that it's simply mayonnaise.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Mud Farmer

Fried catfish and french fries is real popular where I live - and you seriously just don't know how good it is until you try it. I'd be willing to wager it's every bit as good as what you think of fish and chips.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Marquis

Send a message via Skype™ to Vox Ducis

Basically, how do you make a traditional fish & chips?
Old 11-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaLite View Post
Fried catfish and french fries is real popular where I live - and you seriously just don't know how good it is until you try it. I'd be willing to wager it's every bit as good as what you think of fish and chips.
Catfish are freaks of nature.