Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 03-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Mud Farmer

Default Re: The Clothing Lifting Thread

My friend told me that his friend had a brainfart while shopping at heinz&mauritus. He was testing his new superloc detacher for the first time, my friend told. He apparently hid the hanger from the pieces he bought, to inside another clothing, hanging from the label. lol?! The friend is now ashamed about this rookie mistake he had made and is wondering how long should he wait before going to the same store? Good news is that it was out of town...

ps. first post

pps. thx for all the people who share knowledge!
Old 03-28-2012, 03:59 AM
Serf

Tried returning some shorts at Express, but apparently they didn't have enough cash in the registers to give me......so they said to come back...what a petty
Old 03-30-2012, 06:35 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Is she in jail? So sad...
Old 03-30-2012, 06:41 PM

no. Pm her instead of spamming the BI threads!
Old 03-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Belk - They have cameras and they do monitor them.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Mud Farmer

Confused Re: The Clothing Lifting Thread

Ok, my friend was wondering why Dillard's doesn't have security tags on their Miss Me jeans???? She is wanting some bad but is super worried they have some kind of hidden tag somewhere.... Anyone have any input???
Old 04-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Serf

For those that sell gift cards online.

Which is more profitable...selling on ebay or plastic jungle/gift card site?
Old 04-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Knight

alright who here works at or has very inside info on sports authority? beyond the shitty oldass store info posted earlier in this thread?

im talking stuff like...

does LP monitor cameras? (i dont think they do and i know they used to not)
how competent are lp and managers in reveiwing tape and informing other stores, etc
Old 04-04-2012, 05:58 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleenegill View Post
not a flagship! their LP walk around like normal customers and when they see someone fit the description of a "shoplifter" they follow them. They'll watch them go into the dressing room with items, they'll go in too to try things on, watch you walk out with less items and the item you concealed and arrest you. They've been arresting at Gap too she said.

"stupid" shoplifters are ruining perfectly good stores.
Not trying to be rude here but your posts doesn't make much sense. From my friends experience they never count clothing going in or out, so how would they be able prove you walked out less clothing? Additionally they have no proof of concealment. If real LP made stops like that people would make millions in false detainment lawsuits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derision View Post
Hmmm, this isn't good. My friend loves to lift at Gap.

Is there LP there all the time? Or do they rotate amongst a few locations? How many LP to each store?
I wonder rather or not the information is true about them having LP? They have never put much of anything put into there LP from what my friend can tell. At most of my friends stores they have just one single camera pointed at the door to see people walking in and out, and a bare minimum set of checkpoint towers.

Last edited by Define-Security; 04-04-2012 at 06:31 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:50 AM
Mud Farmer

When you go to a store where clerks ask if you want a room, and then take you clothes to that room. Grab a couple of things you don't want, when they ask to take the clothes say yes, and then quickly grab the clothes you want and then head to the dressing room, they won't take your clothes again.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:46 AM
Wealthy Merchant

This guy I know always enjoys the dressing rooms that are "modular" and might be located in the middle of the store; thus, there might be a spot where he could stash clothing near the bottom opening so he can snag the items once he is INSIDE the dressing room....The attendant will see you enter the room with one item and leave with one item. No ruse, no lying, no sweat....
Old 04-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Count

My friend went out yesterday and got a few items between 2 different stores. Stores were having Easter sales and were crowded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Katz View Post
This guy I know always enjoys the dressing rooms that are "modular" and might be located in the middle of the store; thus, there might be a spot where he could stash clothing near the bottom opening so he can snag the items once he is INSIDE the dressing room....The attendant will see you enter the room with one item and leave with one item. No ruse, no lying, no sweat....
Nice.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:48 AM
Serf

Anybody know what kind of tags they use at Urban Outtfitters,(Nevermind that first part, i missed it on the front page)
But, can someone tell me what the hell a "square tag" is? and how their security is?

Last edited by Taco; 04-09-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:01 AM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco View Post
Anybody know what kind of tags they use at Urban Outtfitters,(Nevermind that first part, i missed it on the front page)
But, can someone tell me what the hell a "square tag" is? and how their security is?
Square tags use a magnetic latching mechanism. You'll need a magnetic detacher.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Mud Farmer

Hi, would you be able to tell me about House of fraser? i live in the UK and i was going to try and shoplift from here using my superlock detacher i need to know about the changing rooms and stuff thanks

Last edited by skygear; 04-13-2012 at 05:48 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:35 AM
Count

Fucking Christ. You people need to stop page stretching by quoting long ass posts.
Define-Security (04-13-2012)
Old 04-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Mud Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinsmoke View Post
Firstly dont say "I was going to" Say "Your friend was going to"

never admit to crimes.

If you live in the uk my friend will check out House of fraser for you in the next several days and let you know ,what security they have and what the changing rooms are like.
Thanks for the info man and if you can check before the 20th friday april.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Mud Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinsmoke View Post
Firstly dont say "I was going to" Say "Your friend was going to"

never admit to crimes.

If you live in the uk my friend will check out House of fraser for you in the next several days and let you know ,what security they have and what the changing rooms are like.
Ok thanks man! really appreciate it if you can do that for me and if you can before the 20th april friday
Old 04-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
Is my friend the only one that likes to buy something to return later when lifting at a store?
my friend Chloe does that, Chloe actually opened up a credit card for purpose of just buying things(usually something that is expensive and only 1 of it) and then waits about a week and returns it to a different store. She thinks it helps to look less suspicious in nicer clothing stores.

Random fact: did you know that people who don't buy anything in a store are 6x more likely to be a shoplifter. So fake buy stuff.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nami_Swan View Post
Looloolemon
lala

Last edited by Derision; 04-21-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derision View Post
This, this this.

NEVER EVER pay with a credit card. If you buy something, cash ONLY.

For stores in an enclosed mall, I feel it is best to leave the store immediately after concealing in the dressing then go straight to the car to ditch the goods before going back into the mall to go to other stores.
This.

If someone was to get caught in one store, and LP noticed clothing from other stores. They could notify the other stores, and the person could be charged with multiple thefts . I'm not exactly sure about this but I think they could also add up all the value of the merchandise combined, and charge it as a felony depending on the amount.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Serf

I know what you can get charged with a felony for over $1000 and so does my friend. I'm just telling you how my friend does it, she has never been caught but almost all of her friends have. To her the buy one thing at 1 store in the mall works. She doesn't buy 1 thing from every store. But this is simply how she does it, she also lives in a wealthy community. It looks less suspicious on her part.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:02 AM
Knight

I need some new clothes. Time to go to check out West49
Old 04-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nami_Swan View Post
Spelt it wrong on purpose because no one had mentioned the store yet and didn't want their LP finding the thread based on a "LL shoplifting" google search- but oh well too late now.
Not really. I edited my post. Now, you need to edit out the post of mine that you quoted with the correct spelling and all is well.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:01 AM
Mud Farmer

I'm planning to get some jeans from Hollister and while I do see info about them in the OP I'm really paranoid and would prefer tips from someone who has done the store recently. Also what sets off the alarm, the paper price tag, the plastic security thing, or something hidden?
Old 04-23-2012, 03:14 AM
Serf

My friend Chloe is going on a vacation to a different part of the country. She knows she could bring the hook, but is worried about the magnet. If she checked it could they confiscate it? Or should she just go to a local hardware store and buy 6 small magnets so she can still lift while on vak?

Have any of your friends lifted in another city and brought the tools?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Define-Security View Post
My friend was told that magnets could interfere with the plane and could be confiscated. He's been wondering about this as well since he will be flying in a couple of months. He couldn't find magnets on the list of banned items from the tsa, but he really does not want his superloc or alpha key taken away either.

Chloe wonders if you would just have to buy 6 little N42 or N50's at a local Ace. Or if you guy buy packets of those and check them? Maybe they'd be okay since they're in packaging. My friend thinks lifting when on Vac is genius because you won't be back to that location for a very long time. She's going to a big city and worried everything will have pencil tags at places like J Crew, Ann Taylor, Loft those stores with only the sewn in RF tags in her location.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Mud Farmer

Just make sure to put it in the center width vice, so there will be no magnetic force thru your bag, then you should be ok ms.hairdresser.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.hairdresser View Post
Okay, so if you check it, you're fine? My friend is just worried they'll confiscate it! Which would be horrible. But if you can check it then that'll work.
Yes my friend tells me, she usually puts it in the bin with next to her laptop. She faces it downwards so it's not obvious what it is if someone sees it. Otherwise they will take it out of your backpack to inspect and rescan your bag, which wastes time.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Mud Farmer

Hypothetically of course....what if you were to lift something and then buy the same exact thing you lifted while you are there...then either go to another store or the same one like a week later with receipt in hand and return it...

1. This makes it look like you actually bought what you tried on.
2. Makes the return cash and a lot easier as well as less suspicious.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:22 PM
Mud Farmer

Better way for doing that imo is to first buy it. Then go with the bag(have something else in it) and reciept to another store pick the same item, if youre stopped you have a receipt to show and you can say "I was going to return this but then I tried it once again and changed my mind" ....voila...
Old 04-26-2012, 11:55 PM
Serf

Does anyone know if S-o-i-a and K-y-o coats have built in RFID tags?

And does T-h-e B-a-y (Canadian department store) have good lp and attentive staff? I went to that store with a friend a few weeks ago and she was going to steal a coat but I told her that would be a bad idea and she would probably get caught unless their lp sucks so I'm trying to look out for her >_<

hyphens added to brand names and store names cause it gives me a false sense of security.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Mud Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.hairdresser View Post
When returning items, since I used to work retail it'll say: return quantity available. If you returned it, it'll say: return quantity available(0) they won't return it or they'll grab a manager. It may work at some stores but not many
But you are returning the one you bought? The one you would have lifted is the one you are keeping. How can you not return something you actually bought for real? Am I explaining this wrong? Whether you lift the one you keep before or after the return I feel has no meaning. I guess doing it after is a little less risky since you already have the purchased piece. However if you are good at lifting the clothe in the first place it shouldn't matter
Old 04-28-2012, 02:07 AM

water will not do anything...
Old 04-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Serf

My friend got a detacher the big magnet round thing

after walking around with it and a detach hook on top of it, it was full with scratches

the magnet does not work anymore the magnetic power is too low to detach tags

is there something to do to get the magnetic power that it used to have?
Old 04-29-2012, 09:43 PM
Mud Farmer

does hollister count on your way out of a dressing room?
Old 04-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Serf

Also I fugured out that the senormatic hook key can take off tags at hollister lululemom and west49. U guys probably all new that thow. Also is there any techinques for a guy to steal girl clothes at lululemon? Noob question but what does SA mean?
Old 04-30-2012, 03:38 AM
Serf

Thanks for the reply
Old 04-30-2012, 08:30 AM
Serf

Don't admit to crimes on here, also don't say SWIM. Your friend went to the mall, and they told you all about it...

Last edited by ms.hairdresser; 04-30-2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: he deleted his original post
Old 04-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Serf

Deleted post sorry. My friend used to use that in the tools of
The trade thread.