thing is I'm dead serious.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Igor Deckman

Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,828 Posts
Default Re: i am

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pat-Man View Post
thing is I'm dead serious.
Why, faggot? I thought you were cool. I can never look at you the same way again, unless you explain some deeper philosophical reasoning for your need to see me physically destroyed. And do you think I'm lying about chi camp? Why do you think he's in jail?
Old 04-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderstar View Post
I was already beaten and raped daily during chi camp.
Male friends develop love affairs through antagonism, this comes from the competitive spirit since it always feels good to be challenged and succeed together.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Duke

He wants to see you destroyed because he knows you're God. We all do, we're so jealous although I myself am grateful to be speaking to you, my Lord.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Igor Deckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nshanin View Post
He wants to see you destroyed because he knows you're God. We all do, we're so jealous although I myself am grateful to be speaking to you, my Lord.
I had a feeling that was the case; that or he was angry that I discovered the truth.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Duke

We will all unite with God eventually and then share each others' experiences so there will be no room for jealousy or feelings of separateness. You are God-like but not quite yet God; individualized consciousness is not that special even when you are the one experiencing it. Awakening in a non-conscious state like a 4th plateau though... spectacular and God-like, although you have not penetrated the veil completely.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Duke

You're totally right though, it's important to understand that "the only conscious ones" are also all God whether we have realized this by stumbling upon ancient teachings or taking DXM and temporarily actualizing the purity of our souls (entering heaven, becoming more God-like). IIRC, you are more of a solipsist but the possibility of multiple aware souls comforts me because I think past life research proves the consciousness of others. Also, multiple "the only conscious one[s]" would help explain the possibility for experience transfer--our souls record it all, as I'm sure you have discovered.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Duke

Send a message via MSN to Ambient

Quote:
Sigma.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:48 AM
Archduke

Thanked 1,245 Times in 851 Posts

Quote:
2 physicists: Richard Hoagland and Dewey Larson understand dimensions. In fact, Dewey Larson's explanation of a dimension generally is much better than mainstream science's, but good luck trying to understand it! You'll dig this guy's research for sure, what with titles like "The Case Against the Nuclear Atom"
*does some googling*

wow, I have no intention of reading that much text since most of it will be redundant with my preexisting knowledge and there's a chance the rest is pseudoscientific hogwash. It now falls on you to summarize Larson's ideas on dimensions in 300 words or less. Go.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:55 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Je pense, donc je suis.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:56 AM
Grander Duke

Thanked 2,964 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Why, faggot? I thought you were cool. I can never look at you the same way again, unless you explain some deeper philosophical reasoning for your need to see me physically destroyed. And do you think I'm lying about chi camp? Why do you think he's in jail?
I think you're a narcissist. Now you are thinking "Oh no but I have terrible self esteem/ I'm a loser IRL", which proves my point that you give enough of a shit. A beatdown puts things in perspective.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:58 AM
Archduke

Thanked 1,245 Times in 851 Posts

Quote:
I think you're a narcissist. Now you are thinking "Oh no but I have terrible self esteem/ I'm a loser IRL"
Wait, so he's a bipolar narcissist?

Solipsism doesn't usually stem from narcissism; it's just a product of spending too much time thinking about epistemology.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:30 AM
Igor Deckman

Quote:
I think you're a narcissist. Now you are thinking "Oh no but I have terrible self esteem/ I'm a loser IRL", which proves my point that you give enough of a shit. A beatdown puts things in perspective.
I can't respond to this without sounding like a defensive faggot, so I'll say you're wrong and leave it at that. I really would like to experience a beatdown though, just to see how it could change my perspective and personality. Unfortunately, I'm only subject to drive-by insult fags and harmless drunks when walking through the bad areas of town late at night. How do I get people to beat the shit out of me?
Old 04-07-2012, 04:41 AM
Grander Duke

Thanked 1,752 Times in 1,310 Posts

Quote:
I can't respond to this without sounding like a defensive faggot, so I'll say you're wrong and leave it at that. I really would like to experience a beatdown though, just to see how it could change my perspective and personality. Unfortunately, I'm only subject to drive-by insult fags and harmless drunks when walking through the bad areas of town late at night. How do I get people to beat the shit out of me?
Old 04-07-2012, 04:54 AM
Sing me something soft...

I find athiests talk about god more than religious people do.

Its almost like they are trying to prove to themselves that he/she/it doesn't exist.

Anyway here is my two cents on god. As a kid I was for a lack of better words agnostic. Something happened at the age of 14 that really messed with my head and rocked my world but that's for another thread. Anyway I felt lost and as a last resort I prayed. The next day I got a phone call from my dad, my prayer came true. What everyone said was impossible happened. I don't call my self a christian, I don't believe in the bible (read it four times now) and I don't know for sure if jesus was god on earth. But I do know god answered me that day and I can without a doubt know he exists. I don't have to just merely believe, I know, and there is a difference to me.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:09 AM
Sex Cucumber

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,487 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Zanick

Quote:
Where's the proof that everybody else is a concious, self-aware being like I am? You all seem like robots to me. Why did you post that philoso-raptor meme? Do you really think that's funny? There's no way a concious being similar to myself would find humor in that. You're a fucking illusion. I'm the best being on this planet, whore to a chainsaw is my guardian angel, and pee vee is my joker.
Chi as an angel...

Also, this:

Quote:
I would like to see a congress of solipsists, arguing as to which one is really there.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:26 AM
Grander Duke

Thanked 1,752 Times in 1,310 Posts

Old 04-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroponichronic View Post
*does some googling*

wow, I have no intention of reading that much text since most of it will be redundant with my preexisting knowledge and there's a chance the rest is pseudoscientific hogwash. It now falls on you to summarize Larson's ideas on dimensions in 300 words or less. Go.
Knowledge demands sacrifice. Read some reviews of his books, perhaps Asimov's? Each book has an intro, and btw, you have no idea if the information is redundant since you've yet to read much, that is your bias that you created to try to place some sort of obligation on me. Larson's a cool fellow, but I cannot upload knowledge directly to your brain (like I used to ). If you do understand what he's saying, I challenge YOU to write that 300-word summary though

The Case of the Nuclear Atom begins with a novel analysis of the Rutheford experiment--what kind of education have you been getting if reading about skeptical theories of nuclear physics is redundant for you? If you've already read about them, why would you need me to summarize?

But I do have an idea to make this more entertaining--choose a book and post it to Sci. & Tech. as a book club thread so we can all fill holes in each others' knowledge. If you put for some initiative and make it sound a bit interesting, I am sure you will get some helpful feedback from both me and the others here.