Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 04-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Stratovarius371

Default Stealing from grocery stores

Is it easier then stealing from places like wal mart? Do they have Lp? What are some tips and techniques?
Old 04-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Archduke

Default Re: Stealing from grocery stores

I saw a girl get stopped by a plain clothed LP at a grocery store. He had a little badge and said "I saw you go into the bathroom with the items, come out without them, and we checked the bathroom and didn't find the items, so they are obviously in you bagpack"...
Old 04-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Archduke

Someone from this site(Raven?) got stopped at SafeWay as well.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Knight

I never have any problems jacking mad energy drinks, meats and DVDs
Old 04-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Archduke

i'll bet you anything you could just walk out with a basket full of stuff if you just acted casually and it was busy. either that or slip stuff into your basket at self checkout it would be so easy. not that i would ever do it, or that i HAVE done it, cuz i don't believe in stealing but like i cant believe how easy it would be. and also on my 21st birthday they didn't check my id for the beer i bought at the grocery store thru the self checkout
Old 04-04-2012, 02:38 AM
Count

You can't see the stickied shoplifting thread?
Old 04-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Archduke

^agree

Bad Ideas needs another mod.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Knight

The Safeway I once worked out was wide open. Management didnt really watch the cameras unless the place was slow and overstaffed or on special instances. At night they just threw shopping cards in front of one of the 2 doors so there would only be 1 exit, they thought that deterred people. Cameras werent even on many isles either. One or two cashiers were "good citizens" and would call 911 if they saw shoplifter leaving with a bottle or something.

All shopping carts except the children ones built like a race car had mechanisms to lock up the carts at the door if they didnt pass through the checkstand.

Do not pursue shoplifters, do not assault shoplifters, just tell management was the rule. 9/10 management did nothing because everyone was underachievers at this store.

For coupons, Safeway coupons can be copied because they have a different number each. However manufacturer coupons are taken without much thought, these are held and picked up with the cash at the end of the day.

For checks, Safeway uses on of those fraud detection companies, like chex systems or w/e. A lot of stuff for $300+ got declined

For credit cards its self swipe. Depending on the cashier you can do gift cards. If your card wont work some cashiers will punch in manually, likely with manager approval first.

If you feel like employees at Safeway are onto you because they say "Hi, how are you doing today sir" or "Can I help you with anything" dont worry because at Safeway the employees are told to greet EVERY single customer because corporate sends secret shoppers. We really didnt give a shit about you or how you are doing, in fact employees hate most of you asshole customers.

Courtesy Clerks run around a lot because they are the grunts doing dirty work. Every hour we did 1 sweep and 1 walk through, every isle; at the start of the hour and half way through.

Last edited by INEEDMONEY; 04-04-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:43 AM
Count

^ Safeway in my area employs uniformed security guards who monitor the cameras.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:01 AM
Knight

I knew this chick who went into Safeway every now and then with a couple reusable grocery bags. She'd go around and collect items in her arms, and when it became too much to hold she throw everything in one of the bags. She'd go around and grab more stuff and throw everything in the bags, kinda just using them like a grocery cart. Then she'd just stand in line for a minute or two, whip out a used receipt from a previous purchase, and then walk out the door. Golden. She only did this on very busy days, though. Walked out with 100-200 bones worth if shit every time. Solid.

Those reusable grocery bags are such a flaw in terms of shoplifting prevention. However, if she was just going to grab a few things, they were unessecary. Grocery stores usually have more than one place to check out at (they'll have a till at the deli, for instance), this makes it easy to jack off with something making it look like you payed for it somewhere else.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Just a question but what if you were to take a small item into the restroom, knowing you were being watched by lp, then flush said item down the toilet and obviously exit without the item. If lp assumed you stole something and have no evidence of it on you or in the restroom would you be able to successfully sue?
Old 04-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Significantly Grander Duke

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freegames&movies View Post
Just a question but what if you were to take a small item into the restroom, knowing you were being watched by lp, then flush said item down the toilet and obviously exit without the item. If lp assumed you stole something and have no evidence of it on you or in the restroom would you be able to successfully sue?
Probably not.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Knight

Just grab what u want and leave its when u hang around for 2 long is when they catch u I know this for a fact.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Archduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freegames&movies View Post
There are so many cameras...if they could prove that you didn't have the item when you came out of the bathroom, you could get in trouble for destruction of property or something.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Drunk Motherfucker

as a teenager i walked into a safeway and put a bottle of liquor in my pocket. i was walking out the door and two lp guys grabbed me from behind, handcuffed me and led me to an office and told me they should call the cops. but i guess they didn't wanna fuck with it so they made me sign this paper that i'd send safeway a $100 check plus the cost of the bottle. then they took my picture and told me i'm not allowed in there ever again. pretty cool story
Old 04-08-2012, 07:03 AM
Wealthy Merchant

My friend steals from Giant Eagle quite often. Now I consider that more of a grocery store than walmart. Last time he did so, I was with him. I needed to get a few things for the house. None of which he stole. On the way out of the store, the alarm at the door went off, and I kinda figured he lifted something, so we just kept on walking the fuck outta there. No one tried stopping him or anything, yet when the alarm went off, one of the cashiers said "oh caught someone shoplifting". Kinda funny
Old 04-09-2012, 01:38 PM

I know of a couple people that were caught up in a meat scam. Stealing lots of meat and then reselling it to people. I asked about their method and it was a "Bag n Walk" ... They got greedy and went after >$600 cart full and walked out. No issues there, but when he was loading the car, an employee blocked him in and a few minutes later the authorities showed up.

A word of advice. Don't steal from the places close to your house or the ones you frequent often. REAL BAD IDEA, eventually someone will take notice to your style.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Tachosomoza (04-09-2012)
Old 04-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
I know of a couple people that were caught up in a meat scam. Stealing lots of meat and then reselling it to people. I asked about their method and it was a "Bag n Walk" ... They got greedy and went after >$600 cart full and walked out. No issues there, but when he was loading the car, an employee blocked him in and a few minutes later the authorities showed up.

A word of advice. Don't steal from the places close to your house or the ones you frequent often. REAL BAD IDEA, eventually someone will take notice to your style.
I was able to do a "meat scam" legally when I worked at a slaughter house. I was getting shit for like 1-2 bucks a pound, but retailed for 3-4 a lb. But shit I got was so fresh I was selling for like 5 a lb, definately was a nice lil extra change.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Archduke

Thanked 1,240 Times in 760 Posts

Someone I know was curious about stealing via hdiing stuff in his jacket pockets. I tried his jacket on, and saw what he meant - there was a hole worn into the side of the pocket,, which meant small items could actually be deposited through and into the lining of the jacket itself, even macking it into the back of the jacket - far from any patting-down hands. Being that batteries are expensive - $15 for four AA rechargables, he put his jacket on and went into a store with me, I had a basket and assumed natural shopping behaviour. He separated and went to the battery aisle, placing a packet of AAs in his jacket pocket and making his hand look very full carrying a few other items. He made his way over to the other side of the shop and placed the bulk items in my basket then stuffed his hands into his pockets and muttered about the temperature, peering into the cold chilled vegetables section as I pointed towars it involving him in a discussion. As this disuccussion was going on he opened the packet of batteries subtley in his pocket using his finger nails to peel back the cplastic buble from its cardboard backing, and allowed the batteries to drop through the hole into his jacket lining.

After the discussion was over, made a shrugging movement then took his hand out of his pockets, with the battery packet in one hand plain to see - although the bubble side (now empty) was facing down from the cameras). He put it in the basket with the rest.

Later on in the shopping adventure, they sorted out whatethey really wanted and didn't want, placing the itmes on the ground to cont them out in one of the aisles. he accidentally kicked the empty packet under the dusty netherrealms of an aisle and they shoved the remaining unwanted items into the closest chself for stock pickers to fix up, then paid for their iced coffees and left.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:51 PM

That's tried and true. Make a slit in the lining of your jacket, or those layered athletic pants, and you've essentially got a new, huge pocket. All my jackets and coats are like that for some reason, I really should take better care of my stuff. Just be careful not to make bulges.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:59 PM

JNCO?

Theres your pockets... Alll the way from your ass to your ankles!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
JNCO?

Theres your pockets... Alll the way from your ass to your ankles!
Those look like something I'd put someone in for punishment.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:17 PM
Archduke

Thanked 1,240 Times in 760 Posts

Shuffling peaked in 2'06, '07 tops. Anyone who shuffles afterwards is a douche. a DOUCHE.

Like this one guy I know, who's fucking relaible on being 4 years behind the loop. Aviators, Flannos, shuffling, listening to Brooklyn Bounce, Liking MMA, getting a dirtbike, etc etc. 4 years behind the eight ball here, kid. He actually really shits me off - because he's a try hard know it all arrogant fuck.

(Whe he could easily drop the act and be a really funny cunt with unflawable morals).
Old 04-10-2012, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachosomoza View Post
Those look like something I'd put someone in for punishment.
just think of how much damage kids wearing those did to stores! With a little modification to them (like a gusset in the bottom of the pant legs) you could really walk away with a lot of goodies.

heres a great video of other attire and methods...
CURSO YOMANGO - YouTube

Old 04-10-2012, 02:24 AM

If I were LP, I'd instantly profile anyone who wore those.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:30 AM

Now you would, but when they were in style... you wouldn't stand a chance.

And this to keep you interested in the thread,,,

tits?ass? well... YES?
Old 04-10-2012, 02:38 AM

What you trying to say?
Old 04-10-2012, 02:39 AM
Drunk Motherfucker

Quote:
If I were LP, I'd instantly profile anyone who wore those.
i was wearing my arby's uniform and long dickies. one shaved head white motherfucker talked about working in a hawaii prison and pulling out young kids of their cells with ripped bleeding asses, trying to scare me about shoplifting and prison. doubt anything he said was true
Old 04-10-2012, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BITCH TITZ View Post
i was wearing my arby's uniform and long dickies. one shaved head white motherfucker talked about working in a hawaii prison and pulling out young kids of their cells with ripped bleeding asses, trying to scare me about shoplifting and prison. doubt anything he said was true
I seriously doubt you'd get yourself in the penitentiary for shoplifting as a low value first timer.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:46 AM

I'm saying, you can't profile everyone thats a kid - every kid in my area was wearing them - when they were in style. Now they aren't in style and are something out of the norm. Maybe now you could profile people wearing them but not 10 10-15 years ago.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:49 AM
Drunk Motherfucker

Quote:
I seriously doubt you'd get yourself in the penitentiary for shoplifting as a low value first timer.
he was just telling stories how he used to be a CO to scare me straight or some shit while we waited for my mom to pick me up.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:53 AM

Fair point. I don't remember seeing anyone wearing those ridiculous pants, though, so maybe that's why I'd be apt to profile. Plus, game recognizes game. Ex shoplifters would make excellent LP, if they weren't certain to be crooked.

Last edited by Tachosomoza; 04-10-2012 at 03:04 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:10 AM
Archduke

One time at the self service checkout in woolies I'd scanned $50 worth of groceries and bagged them up, got distracted by the express lane chick undoing her top button, thought I'd payed and walked out.

Didn't realize till I got home that I was $50 up so I bought a case of beer
Old 04-10-2012, 03:17 AM

At a grocery store chain here (Schnucks), they've got a salad bar and buffet style food setup where you can get hot food such as fried chicken (don't say a goddamn word), and a bakery where you get the doughnuts, croissants, and cookies you want and put them in a paper bag. People go to town on those. Same place I managed to get a bottle of Cutty Sark in my briefcase, I pretended I was having a heated discussion on my phone coming out, the uniform at the door just nodded and went back to flirting with some employee.

Last edited by Tachosomoza; 04-10-2012 at 03:21 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:21 AM

I have, in the past, walked around eating pastries in the stores. Seen plenty of others doing the same.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:26 AM

I'm more partial to bagels myself.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:36 AM
Duke

Quote:
At a grocery store chain here (Schnucks), they've got a salad bar and buffet style food setup where you can get hot food such as fried chicken (don't say a goddamn word), and a bakery where you get the doughnuts, croissants, and cookies you want and put them in a paper bag. People go to town on those. Same place I managed to get a bottle of Cutty Sark in my briefcase, I pretended I was having a heated discussion on my phone coming out, the uniform at the door just nodded and went back to flirting with some employee.
Can someone define "petty theft" for Tacho?

and lol @ niggas stealing from GROCERY STORES
Old 04-10-2012, 03:42 AM

It can be a good money maker, and a community service. People are always going to like something good to eat, and they don't like to pay full price for it. Why do you think people buy other people's food stamps/EBT benefits at a discount? Good meat, alcohol, razor blades, laundry detergent, medicine, baby formula, all expensive things that people need and don't like paying for. Do what the Black Panthers said...serve the people.

Last edited by Tachosomoza; 04-10-2012 at 03:45 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:15 AM
Duke

Facepalm Re: Stealing from grocery stores

Quote:
It can be a good money maker, and a community service. People are always going to like something good to eat, and they don't like to pay full price for it. Why do you think people buy other people's food stamps/EBT benefits at a discount? Good meat, alcohol, razor blades, laundry detergent, medicine, baby formula, all expensive things that people need and don't like paying for. Do what the Black Panthers said...serve the people.
Or a really good excuse for niggartry.