Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > This Just In!

Old 04-06-2012, 02:47 AM
Baron

Default Re: Texas Hospital Won't Hire Obese People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych View Post
This goes to show how stupid the whole idea has become. Can't refuse to hire someone if you think they are dumb? Alcoholism is a disability? This is the logic that gets used when you try to regulate this kind of horse shit.
I don't see how it's horse shit though. Just because you think someone is "dumb" doesn't mean they aren't a good worker. Shit, I would hire a retard over an intelligent person if he did the job I need filled and did it better. I just don't agree with the idea of making a pool of undesirables just because the assumption that they would NEVER amount to anything if they got the chance.

I used to be a fuck up until I was forced to get a job. The job gave me a sense of responsibility, which eventually lead me back to college. I've been on the Dean's list since I've started college and will graduate as a dental hygienist next summer. If a bunch of employers told me to go fuck myself because I was "lazy" or "stupid", I wouldn't be here today. You can't just section off society as the "worth" and the "worthless". We're all people. If you don't have your brothers in this life, you have nothing. Don't want to contribute to the common good? Then you're part of the problem, not the solution.

Last edited by 33% God; 04-06-2012 at 02:50 AM.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Tachosomoza (04-06-2012)
Old 04-06-2012, 02:51 AM
Significantly Grander Duke

Thanked 2,278 Times in 1,745 Posts

Tell people to work hard, then cut them out of the job market. Beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33% God View Post
I don't see how it's horse shit though. Just because you think someone is "dumb" doesn't mean they aren't a good worker. Shit, I would hire a retard over an intelligent person if he did the job I need filled and did it better. I just don't agree with the idea of making a pool of undesirables just because the fact that they would NEVER amount to anything if they never got the chance.

I used to be a fuck up until I was forced to get a job. The job gave me a sense of responsibility, which eventually lead me back to college. I've been on the Dean's list since I've started college and will graduate as a dental hygienist next summer. If a bunch of employers told me to go fuck myself because I was "lazy" or "stupid", I wouldn't be here today. You can't just section off society as the "worth" and the "worthless". We're all people.
He essentially thinks that he should be able to express prejudice when deciding whether or not to allow someone to make a living the only way they know how. I don't like you, you're ugly. I don't like you, you're Native. I don't like you, you're Transgender. Then, he'll be in a state of shock when crime rates increase.

Last edited by Tachosomoza; 04-06-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:05 AM
Comrade Question

Thanked 1,055 Times in 722 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33% God View Post
I don't see how it's horse shit though. Just because you think someone is "dumb" doesn't mean they aren't a good worker. Shit, I would hire a retard over an intelligent person if he did the job I need filled and did it better. I just don't agree with the idea of making a pool of undesirables just because the assumption that they would NEVER amount to anything if they got the chance.
That's all well and good, and if you want to hire someone who seems stupid to you i'm cool with that. In the same regard, I should not be forced to hire anyone that I don't think would be a sound investment. Why should anyone be able to force me to pay for something I don't want?

And tacho, when people apply for a job what they are really doing is trying to sell me their time and/or labour and/or knowledge. If I don't think it would be worth it to me (for whatever reason) then I shouldn't be forced to buy. Of course you think everyone owes everyone everything, so you wouldn't understand.
p6867 (04-06-2012)
Old 04-06-2012, 03:12 AM

Quote:

And tacho, when people apply for a job what they are really doing is trying to sell me their time and/or labour and/or knowledge. If I don't think it would be worth it to me (for whatever reason) then I shouldn't be forced to buy. Of course you think everyone owes everyone everything, so you wouldn't understand.
Like I said, you urge people to work hard and sell you their labor so you can exploit them, and then pick only the biggest and strongest to be exploited. Then, you just let those you might give you a little less surplus suffer.

That's capitalism for you, I guess. And you wonder why many people are sick of it...
Old 04-06-2012, 03:14 AM
Cat Fucker

Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,899 Posts

Tacho, shut the hell up. Do you want me to put you in your place?
“Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.” - Carl Jung
Old 04-06-2012, 03:16 AM

Mad Re: Texas Hospital Won't Hire Obese People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice View Post
Tacho, shut the hell up. Do you want me to put you in your place?
Im not goin' back in no fuckin cage.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:51 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Wow you dudes can't hear a opinion you disagree with without getting butt-hurt and trying to make every one see you're right. This hospitals policy's have nothing to do with Communism VS. Capitalism. Iehovah clearly showed it also had nothing to do with federal laws. Debating word views that don't relate to the news posted by OP can be done in the humanity or politics forums.

Should a private corporation be allowed to have policy's that complies with the law even if that policy is offensive to the %60 of America that is obese?

IMO they should have just said that to their hiring managers without putting it on paper like they do with all the other (illegal) forms of discrimination.

Also some people do have glandular disorders that are a medical condition that as a side effect cause obesity. Most fatties that claim to have this are lying though.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:01 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Facepalm Re: Texas Hospital Won't Hire Obese People

I fear the direction this country is heading.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:07 AM

Thanked 1,466 Times in 984 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Rolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice View Post
No one owes you a job, unless they're contractually obligated.
That, proclaims Rolf.

Hospitals are supposed to encourage good health and cleanliness, if someone is so ridiculously lazy that they have a BMI of 35 then said someone is clearly not healthy and should not be working in such an environment, states Rolf. Understand, Rolf could, were the discrimination based on religion or race, but severe obesity should never be defended, proclaims Rolf.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:12 AM
Marquis

No one seems to have brought up the best point yet. Nurses are required to run and move quickly in many emergency situations.

/argument.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:12 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachosomoza View Post
It's prejudice, and it's discrimination to deny a job to someone based on that prejudice. That's like looking at an ex military person that had a bad day and deciding that they might go on a homicidal rampage.

I smell new laws coming.
Jesus fuck you do gooders are irritating.

If they don't want to hire fat people, FINE. It's not discrimination when your fat ass can interfere with your ability to perform your job at a level that other non-obese people can.

No different than taking a pre-employment physical for work. The company I work for won't hire you if you have high blood pressure or can't pass a heavy-duty physical. Is that discrimination against weak people and people with high blood pressure? Should they be able to sue the company for not hiring them because they're unhealthy or unfit to perform the required tasks?

God damn. As far as I'm concerned if someone is writing a check, they should be able to hire whoever they want, and deny whoever they want, for whatever god damn reason they see fit. If I'm ever running a hospital, I want people working who are healthy and can keep up in the workplace, not a bunch of BigMac chomping lardasses.

Last edited by Lucid; 04-06-2012 at 05:15 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:17 AM

This hospital apparently has a history of discrimination.

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-st...iscrimination/

Quote:
VICTORIA — The emails and memos written by administrators and doctors at Citizens Medical Center about three of their colleagues of Indian descent are, at best, derogatory. An operating room chief wrote of trying to force “the Indians off the reservation.” Others wrote about their “Indian troubles,” or labeled the hospital’s two rival cardiology practices as “the Cowboys” and “the Indians.”

At worst, they could be considered racist: “I feel a sense of disgust but am more concerned with what this means to the future of the hospital as more of our Middle-Eastern-born physicians demand leadership roles and demand influence,” David P. Brown, chief executive of Citizens Medical, wrote in a 2007 memo to himself. He continued, “It will change the entire complexion of the hospital and create a level of fear among our employees.”

But whether racial animus led Citizens Medical, a county-owned hospital, to close its cardiology unit to non-staff doctors — effectively revoking the privileges of Drs. Harish Chandna, Ajay Gaalla and Dakshesh Kumar Parikh to practice there — is the subject of fierce debate and a discrimination lawsuit filed by the three doctors in federal district court in the Southern District of Texas. The dispute has divided Victoria’s close-knit medical community, where many longtime doctors and hospital officials say that it is not about race — the city has long been home to doctors of all ethnicities and nationalities — but a struggle over egos and influence gone awry.

The Citizens Medical battle appears to have begun over operational disagreements between Chandna, Gaalla and Parikh and hospital administrators, and a lack of trust between the three Indian-American doctors and other cardiologists at CMC. Chandna, Gaalla and Parikh have their own cardiology practice and have practiced at CMC and the neighboring DeTar Hospital for many years.

In emails, memos and court testimony, Citizens Medical administrators and doctors, who declined to be interviewed for this article, describe fractious relationships between themselves and the three cardiologists as they debated on-call schedules, compensation and leadership roles. The arguments sometimes devolved into shouting matches and name-calling — often, CMC officials suggest in the documents, incited by the three cardiologists.

Chandna, Gaalla and Parikh say the emails and internal memos speak for themselves. Hospital administrators, including Brown, complained of their “Indian troubles” and spending “another year with the Indians.” In court testimony last year, other hospital physicians testified that Brown “did not want physicians of Indian origin in leadership roles at C.M.C.” In a December opinion on the defendants’ request for summary judgment, Judge Janis Graham Jack of Federal District Court wrote that there was “egregious evidence” to support the racial discrimination claim.

When the hospital’s chief executive “displays such overt racial animus toward plaintiffs,” she wrote, “this racial animus necessarily permeates throughout the rest of the hospital, and is strong evidence of discrimination.”

Last edited by Tachosomoza; 04-06-2012 at 05:23 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:52 AM
Baron

so many fucking teen anarchists in this thread.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:57 AM
LongDickHipHopPerfection

Thanked 4,300 Times in 2,504 Posts

Quote:
This hospital apparently has a history of discrimination.

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-st...iscrimination/
While i don't know any facts of this case, indian students and co workers have been the most selfish people i've ever interacted with.
Name's Taken (04-07-2012)
Old 04-06-2012, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p6867 View Post
While i don't know any facts of this case, indian students and co workers have been the most selfish people i've ever interacted with.
I like my Indian friends. Even though they smell like curry and babble in Hindi when they're mad.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:43 AM
Marquis

Quote:
Spoken like a true privileged individual...or a broken, beaten down, brainwashed slave.

I guess the McDonalds and wheelchair factory profits just materialize out of nowhere, then.
Neither of the above. Just another dude who recognizes that burger flippers are too often some of the fucking lowest forms of life, and certainly undeserving of anything for the unskilled labor they do. Seriously, there are few positions more likely to be replaced by robots, because what you do in McDonald's does not take skill. You push a damn button, something a customer could do themselves... and frankly, if McDonald's were thinking things through, is something they would have implemented long ago. You fucking drop a few ingredients on a bun, flash steam it, and it's fucking down. Throw some salad and prebagged ingredients that the company paid for, using equipment that the company paid for, maintaining standards that the company has paid for, and you think you're contributing that much? A fucking robotic arm can replicate that shit... and probably will in the future, with some college drop-out monitoring a process that used to require five college drop-outs and a high-school kid heading to college to drop out.

Don't tell me that shit is special, or hard work. I'm a customer, I can see your fat ass slopping those shitty, yet tasty ingredients into the fry basket. Not that I'd like to, if you're a Subway worker. Ugh.

Wheelchair factory is purchased, maintained, and equipped by the funds of others. Not by the laborers, and the laborer that pretends they set up that factory in the first place or could have afforded to is an idiot or a liar. Or both.

The only way your average laborer can get into the circumstances you want them to be is by stealing something they never bought nor worked for in the first place, and yeah, it would even be an ongoing act of theft, because you apparently expect the previous owner to pay to keep the company operating, rather than the people who won't have a chance of running it by themselves.

Last edited by Iehovah; 04-07-2012 at 03:46 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:46 AM

And the only reason your owner gets in the position they are in is by exploiting their workers by stealing from them. Which is why private ownership of non personal property should be abolished.

Last edited by Tachosomoza; 04-07-2012 at 03:49 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:52 AM
Marquis

Quote:
And the only reason your owner gets in the position they are in is by exploiting their workers by stealing from their workers.
Exploiting them how? They are doing shit work for shit pay, something any shithead high schooler can do, but isn't allowed to because of safety laws that exist in most states. Again, fatty, you aren't doing shit except throwing a bag of frozen fries that some other company shipped you into a fry basket, throwing them in a box, then throwing them out a window.

If you think you deserve something more than a paycheck for that, you're a goddamn idiot. You put nothing into buying the machinery, building the outlet, or any of the other necessary work that MADE the company what it is. The people that did that get paid real money. And yeah, they DID do more than your lazy ass. They built that fucking greasepit of a city.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:55 AM

^ spoken like a true elitist, classist, insensitive, blind deaf and dumb fuck, bought and caught. You assume that we all have equal opportunity to succeed and equal life chances, which is silly.

Last edited by Tachosomoza; 04-07-2012 at 04:11 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:21 AM
Marquis

Quote:
^ spoken like a true elitist, classist, insensitive, blind deaf and dumb fuck, bought and caught. You assume that we all have equal opportunity to succeed and equal life chances, which is silly.
I am not elitist. To be elitist, you have to actually be elite. No, I'm here.
I am not classist. Lazy ass burger flipper is not a class.
I am not insensitive. You are undeserving of sensitivity or sympathy.
I am not blind. I see the greedy unearned you type on my screen.
I am not deaf. I hear the whining of greedy lazy fucks like you every day.
I am not dumb. You see what I am writing, you just do not wish to do so.
I am not bought/caught. I'll accept handouts like your lazyass, but not b/c

In short, we do not all have equal opportunity to succeed, and giving people handouts that they have neither earned, done anything to deserve simply because they fucking exist, having been spat out of some dumb cunt's womb is irrational nonsense, supported only by those who don't wish to go out and earn the opportunities for themselves.

Seriously, if you are a burger flipper, it is because you choose to ignore better opportunities or are too goddamn stupid to find them. Fast food workers are some of the lowest jobs on the chain.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:06 AM
LongDickHipHopPerfection

Thanked 4,300 Times in 2,504 Posts

yeah, I got a shitty part time job in college. Now I make almost 100k a year at that job because I'm a kickass employee and they promote me a lot. By the time I'm 40, if I decide to make this my career I'll be a multi millionaire. I didn't get my job because of connections, I'm a stranger in this city. I didn't get this job because of a degree. I got this job because I'm ridiculously hard working. My boss had no college , they noticed he was smart and capable and promoted him, then sent him to school and when he finished that, they promoted him again. Options are out there, and if you don't have the intelligence, diligence and determination to take advantage of them, well, the world needs ditch diggers too.
mizled (04-07-2012)
Old 04-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Comrade Question

Thanked 1,055 Times in 722 Posts

You crazy fool! Ditch diggers should make as much as CEO's you capitalist pig!
Old 04-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Count

All people seem to be arguing for now, is that the market offers certain criteria that can make a few people very inordinately wealthy. Of course, this also comes at the expense of others and is played out through economic activities that are very harmful on the whole and usually irrational, from a pro-human perspective.

But anyway, the market offers criteria for a few. And what? Why should we respect market systems of allocation? We should not, especially when the market system is gobbling the world up, relying on a system of violence (and a past inheritance of it), and denying people a rational, fair, more harmonious, and happy existence.

Just because some people win the game, and some people lose the game, does not make those outcomes proper. Some people complain about the game outcomes, it's quite a short sighted analysis of the real issue. We won't complain about the game's outcomes. Fuck the game, we'll throw the board of the fucking table and start building something else, something that doesn't throw away human existence in some sociopathic attempt to find an (impossible) happiness through the acquisition of material goods.

Fuck your markets.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Grander Duke

Thanked 2,897 Times in 2,016 Posts

do us all a favor then and never buy anything again, especially food.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Grander Duke

Thanked 3,117 Times in 2,109 Posts

Why do people still argue with Tacho when he's clearly just a troll or a dumbass?
Old 04-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Grander Duke

But yes, you should be able to not hire anyone for whatever reason you want.

I'd never hire a fat person. Just like I wouldn't hire someone who smells, or has an incredibly greasy face and hair.

As someone else said, if you don't have the self respect to look after yourself, i don't want you in my business.

Plus in general they're lazier so per hour you'd get less work done by them.

I fucking hate fat people, we should burn them for fuel and solve the obesity epidemic and free up fossil fuels for transport. 2 birds in one stone.

Or we could attach fat people to cars and get them to run, ala Flintstones.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:01 PM

Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reject View Post
Why do people still argue with Tacho when he's clearly just a troll or a dumbass?
Quote:
Originally Posted by reject View Post
But yes, you should be able to not hire anyone for whatever reason you want

I fucking hate fat people, we should burn them for fuel and solve the obesity epidemic and free up fossil fuels for transport. 2 birds in one stone.

Or we could attach fat people to cars and get them to run, ala Flintstones.
I'm really sick of the anti human sentiment here.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Grander Duke

Fatties aint human.

And I was clearly joking anyway
Old 04-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Baron

I am glad they're doing this.

There is one reason you are fat. Calories eaten > Calories burned. It's not the same thing as race/age/etc. 99% of the time it's a choice, or more accurately a result of years and years of poor choices.
If someone is going to do such a terrible job of taking care of their body, why can't an employer take that into consideration when they are hiring? It is absolutely representative of the way they think and their mindset.
p6867 (04-07-2012)
Old 04-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Baron

Quote:
That's all well and good, and if you want to hire someone who seems stupid to you i'm cool with that. In the same regard, I should not be forced to hire anyone that I don't think would be a sound investment. Why should anyone be able to force me to pay for something I don't want?
I don't go to public school, why pay school taxes? I never used I-81 south, why should I pay taxes for that? My house never was broken into, why pay for the police?

I apologize on behalf of all of us that you can't turn down a black for a job because you hate niggers, so why should you have to pay to employ them? Women are weak and inferior, so why do I need to use my hard earned money to give them wage?

You're not ordering a $7.99 salad with your cash, you're changing the way an entire society operates by cutting entire populations and groups out of work that they could be eligible for and do a fantastic job as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
I am glad they're doing this.

There is one reason you are fat. Calories eaten > Calories burned. It's not the same thing as race/age/etc. 99% of the time it's a choice, or more accurately a result of years and years of poor choices.
If someone is going to do such a terrible job of taking care of their body, why can't an employer take that into consideration when they are hiring? It is absolutely representative of the way they think and their mindset.
How do you figure this? I treat my body like shit with alcohol, but I bust my ass at work. I cover shifts when asked, come in early, stay late, etc. The way I treat my body isn't a representation of how I live my entire life and make every single decision. Me picking cheese fries instead of the green beans doesn't change my work ethic.

Quote:
Hmmm...

That's basically the entire problem in this era. It's everyone walking around with thoughts of how they can fuck over/stab the next guy in the back any way they can to get ahead from themselves. Remember the people who voted for Bush on the sole fact that he promised a $100 refund? Fuck everyone else, as long as I get my $100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
Jesus fuck you do gooders are irritating.
Maybe if people thought about the impacts of their actions more there wouldn't be so many wars, murder, etc. But then who would be able to profit from their towers if no war? What a conundrum.

Last edited by 33% God; 04-07-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:14 PM

It's sad. We can build a whole new world, but we have to sweep this fucked up system to the dustbin and forget about it. Humanity depends on it.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pat-Man View Post
do us all a favor then and never buy anything again, especially food.
This is exactly the problem.

I cannot, nobody can. If I go out and do my own farming, build my own home and all the rest of it, I'm going to be violently assaulted by some agents of the state and then thrown into a small concrete cell.

Somebody who wrongly thinks they own the land is going to take exception, and get the state (who will always weigh in for the elite) involved. What kind of justice is it that we are born into a world where we consent to nothing, but if we don't play along in the game of wage slavery, scraping by in shitty lodgings and with shitty industrially-produced food, then some armed force (in the name of justice, hah) will physically assault you, brand you a criminal, and throw you in a cell.

It's ridiculous, and plainly injust. However, it's very real, and therein lies the impossibility between rejecting it and tolerating its continued existence. Of course, you could make the noble sacrifice and live your live extra-legally appropriating (our liberal double-speak would call this 'stealing') resources from those who unjustly control them, but it would be very difficult to accomplish and would be a very, very hard life.

You can't ask people to sacrifice themselves for positive change or as statements. Some will, which is commendable, but I don't want to die.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Cat Fucker

Land that isn't being put to use should be available for homesteading and there should be no taxes for the privilege of owning it.
“Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.” - Carl Jung
Old 04-08-2012, 12:35 AM
Count

Good on them. If I'm about to go into surgery I don't want no fat assed surgeon about to operate on my body. Or if I'm having a check up have my doctor examine me while eating some mcdonalds.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:08 AM
Marquis

Quote:
Hmmm...

You aren't human.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:23 AM
Cat Fucker

Old 04-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Knight

Quote:
It's sad. We can build a whole new world, but we have to sweep this fucked up system to the dustbin and forget about it. Humanity depends on it.
Yup, what have we been doing with ourselves allowing subhuman scum like your nigger brothers live amongst us, when we should have just whitewashed the planet long ago?

PS. I'm sure we would have figured peanut butter out for ourselves by now.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:28 PM

I think what Octovia said in that other thread holds a lot of weight.

Can't argue? Nigger. I feel sorry for your daughter, raised amongst such hatred of humanity.

Last edited by Tachosomoza; 04-08-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Knight

Quote:
I think what Octovia said in that other thread holds a lot of weight.

Can't argue? Nigger. I feel sorry for your daughter, raised amongst such hatred of humanity.
I feel sorry for everyone raised in a world where dumbshits like you are fighting for the freedom of pedophiles, those who refuse to take care of themselves, criminals, and generally anyone else who is rightfully shit upon by society. Fact is that there are a lot of people who aren't worth shit and don't contribute fuck all to society, and we got a bunch of braindead liberal twats fighting for their right to suckle at the teet of the rest of the working world? Get fucked nigger...
Old 04-08-2012, 08:50 PM

Define worth? Every human is valuable to me, in some way shape or form. Circumstances and unequal life chances cause them to do things that seem reprehensible to you, but the conditions that force them to do such things are reprehensible to me.