Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Society > The Inhumane Condition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 04-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Xlite's Avatar
Xlite Xlite is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somewhere in the universe.
Thanks: 299
Thanked 423 Times in 324 Posts
Default Re: Catastrophic results of bad parenting. (No vid/pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny View Post
I don't know, it doesn't seem like there's really any need for parental input in education. Once we got internet in my home, I never needed help with homework again. I think that learning on one's own is one of the most important skills you can have now a days.
Yes, i believe experience is the best teacher.
But you still need the tools, and also someone to show/tell what you need tools for.

You don't grab a chainsaw and start chopping down trees without understanding how a chainsaw works.
You don't go to a party without knowing how to behave and if you do, then ye doin it wrong.
__________________
Nothing lasts
but nothing is lost.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Lanny Lanny is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tarth
Thanks: 1,377
Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,338 Posts
Default Re: Catastrophic results of bad parenting. (No vid/pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlite View Post
Yes, i believe experience is the best teacher.
But you still need the tools, and also someone to show/tell what you need tools for.
There's not a thing my parents have taught me that I couldn't read in a book.

Quote:
You don't grab a chainsaw and start chopping down trees without understanding how a chainsaw works.
You don't go to a party without knowing how to behave and if you do, then ye doin it wrong.
And you can read about both those things.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-09-2012, 12:35 AM
whocares's Avatar
whocares whocares is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: College of Life
Thanks: 18
Thanked 762 Times in 492 Posts
Default Re: Catastrophic results of bad parenting. (No vid/pics)

The most common one:

Example:
Daddy and Mommy divorces and doesn't pay attention to Jimmy.

Result:
Jimmy does hard drugs as a way to garner attention, while at the same time pleasure.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-09-2012, 01:56 AM
Xlite's Avatar
Xlite Xlite is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somewhere in the universe.
Thanks: 299
Thanked 423 Times in 324 Posts
Default Re: Catastrophic results of bad parenting. (No vid/pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny View Post
There's not a thing my parents have taught me that I couldn't read in a book.



And you can read about both those things.
...

How would you do that if no-one taught you to read?

Outside help is essential to learn how to learn.
__________________
Nothing lasts
but nothing is lost.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-09-2012, 02:18 AM
Lanny Lanny is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tarth
Thanks: 1,377
Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,338 Posts
Default Re: Catastrophic results of bad parenting. (No vid/pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlite View Post
...

How would you do that if no-one taught you to read?

Outside help is essential to learn how to learn.
Obviously parents need to be involved up until some basic learning foundation has been established. Kids need to show up to school with some basic skills (What is it? If your kid can sit still for 5 minutes they're ready for kindergarten?). I'm just saying that I don't think that lack of parental involvement in education is really that big of in issue in a lot of cases. In fact, seeing as some parents are really terrible influences on their children, it might be a good idea to encourage parental detachment when it come to public education.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-09-2012, 04:54 AM
Jerk.'s Avatar
Jerk. Jerk. is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bovine University
Thanks: 310
Thanked 242 Times in 184 Posts
Default Re: Catastrophic results of bad parenting. (No vid/pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny View Post
Obviously parents need to be involved up until some basic learning foundation has been established. Kids need to show up to school with some basic skills (What is it? If your kid can sit still for 5 minutes they're ready for kindergarten?). I'm just saying that I don't think that lack of parental involvement in education is really that big of in issue in a lot of cases. In fact, seeing as some parents are really terrible influences on their children, it might be a good idea to encourage parental detachment when it come to public education.
Parents need to ensure their children are doing the required home work and that they are not struggling. Teachers have 20-40 children in one class and possibly 3-6 classes to deal with. If you think that they can adequately be the sole educator and life supervisor to each and every child then you are deluded.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-09-2012, 04:55 AM
Jerk.'s Avatar
Jerk. Jerk. is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bovine University
Thanks: 310
Thanked 242 Times in 184 Posts
Default Re: Catastrophic results of bad parenting. (No vid/pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipohippo View Post
Idk, my parents have always been great parents, if strict.

Look at me now though...

Dropped out
No drivers liscence at 18
Depressed/ borderline suicidal
Compulsive liar
No 'real' friends
I am a blackhole for drugs

While my brother and sister are happy A+ students.

I mean, I've got some time to go yeah. But I feel I'm already fucked up. I can easily see myself becoming a homeless junkie. Easily.
Why do you say that your parents are good parents? Because of your siblings?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-09-2012, 06:54 AM
Lanny Lanny is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tarth
Thanks: 1,377
Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,338 Posts
Default Re: Catastrophic results of bad parenting. (No vid/pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk. View Post
Parents need to ensure their children are doing the required home work and that they are not struggling. Teachers have 20-40 children in one class and possibly 3-6 classes to deal with. If you think that they can adequately be the sole educator and life supervisor to each and every child then you are deluded.
That's not what I'm saying. Each person is their own sole educator, throughout life. A student should do homework on their own terms for their own reasons, not because their parents tell them to. And like I said before, after you can read and type (what is that? 6 nowadays?) there is no need of parents to help struggling students. If you can't learn grade school subject matter from a google search, then you have deeper problems than not grasping the specific material.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Lanny Lanny is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tarth
Thanks: 1,377
Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,338 Posts
Default Re: Catastrophic results of bad parenting. (No vid/pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipohippo View Post
They have always kept a good work ethic
"good work ethic" is just a nice way of saying "corporate drone mentality", maaaaaaaaaaaaaan...
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-10-2012, 05:59 AM
SoulButter's Avatar
SoulButter SoulButter is offline
Joint Chief of Soul
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Thanks: 677
Thanked 767 Times in 502 Posts
Default Re: Catastrophic results of bad parenting. (No vid/pics)

Corporerate drone mentality is doing hard work because someone tells you to.
Doing hard work on your own terms, for a purpose that you have interest in is totally different.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 04-10-2012, 06:00 AM
Lanny Lanny is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tarth
Thanks: 1,377
Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,338 Posts
Default Re: Catastrophic results of bad parenting. (No vid/pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipohippo View Post
Um, not really. Not in the slightest actually...

_
I'd say it is in a way. Or at least people who are described as having a "good work ethic" are very much "work hard, not smart" in my experience. Which to me is the last thing you want.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bad, catastrophic, parenting, results, vid or pics

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tampa police: Student planned 'catastrophic' school plot IIIII This Just In! 39 08-30-2011 08:40 PM
Are there really negative effects of gay parenting? dreiman The Inhumane Condition 74 06-15-2010 08:27 AM
Example of great parenting Silverfuck LOL, Internet 11 03-25-2010 08:50 AM
The definition of bad parenting (facepalm) i have to poop. LOL, Internet 1 01-13-2010 11:39 PM
Catastrophic Bug Found in Windows 7 RTM Build, Launch May be Delayed KillSwitch_J Technophiles and Technophiliacs 18 08-09-2009 02:57 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:06 AM.


Hot Topics
Join our Chatroom!
Users: 8
Messages/minute: 0
Topic: "Only rule: be nice or I'll cut your fucking face off, dumbshit"
Users: 27
Messages/minute: 1.6
Topic: "http://codelove.org :: Below is above in 2 codes 1 love. :: wh..."
Users: 18
Messages/minute: 5
Topic: "http://www.literotica...."
Advertisements
Your ad could go right HERE! Contact us!

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.