Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Entertainment > TV and Movies

Old 04-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Duke

Default Re: Game Of Thrones (TV Series)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Buster View Post
Hell if I know, but that's what it says on the torrent, and I've downloaded webrips many times in the past. There were actually webrips for some of the season 1 game of thrones episodes last year too. Note: Quality of webrips is typically worse than normal torrents.
Where a DVD rip means that the files were taken off a DVD a WEB rip means it was taken from someplace online.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Marquis

Ya another good point, pretty much every fantasy to date that has dragons or demons or whatever magical creatures - is totally dominated by said creatures. GRRM is probably thinking damn bitches tone that shit down. You can incorporate all of that into a story without going fucking nuts with it.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread_Lord View Post
Where a DVD rip means that the files were taken off a DVD a WEB rip means it was taken from someplace online.
That episode came from HBOGO, and was accidentally released by Danish or something. I lolled when I heard. They won't be making that mistake again. Hopefully another country does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neosade View Post
First I must say, GOT OWNS LOTR but... I cant believe im about to do this...*Puts on nerd glasses*

Gandalf didn't summon those Eagles. In the books, They talk about how animals stay out of the affairs of men, So it ends up being kind of a big deal when the eagles show up. It's to show that the animals themselves finally decided to help out men by helping take out Sauron and saving the Hobbits.
Ok then why do the eagles decide to help him in the first book when sauron has him trapped on the tower? They just pick and choose when they are suddenly gonna fly in to help at crucial moments?
Old 04-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Baron

Quote:
Ok then why do the eagles decide to help him in the first book when sauron has him trapped on the tower? They just pick and choose when they are suddenly gonna fly in to help at crucial moments?
THAT Eagle belonged to the Brown wizard, Who isn't in the movies, His Eagle is though. lol

That mistake goes to the makers of the film
Old 04-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Marquis

Quote:
THAT Eagle belonged to the Brown wizard, Who isn't in the movies, His Eagle is though. lol

That mistake goes to the makers of the film
Still stupid. Why would the eagles suddenly decide they need to help right at the end? I'd be fucking pissed if I was a human, like oh gee, thanks a lot, mighty eagles, for joining this epic battle at the very last possible second. You could have helped us end this in 5 minutes from the start, but 8 million corpses later you are like 'now is the time'.

It would be like if Mexico joined the WW2 European conflict in February 1945. Its like pfft just go fuck yourself at that point.

E: And wouldn't they just use that one eagle to fly to mordor? ...Still doesn't make any sense.

Shit Wizard: lol ya take my eagle for a few minutes... but bring it back right away. That shit is on 24 hour loan only. Fuck your war effort.

Last edited by Ghost Buster; 04-12-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Baron

Quote:
Still stupid. Why would the eagles suddenly decide they need to help right at the end? I'd be fucking pissed if I was a human, like oh gee, thanks a lot, mighty eagles, for joining this epic battle at the very last possible second. You could have helped us end this in 5 minutes from the start, but 8 million corpses later you are like 'now is the time'.

It would be like if Mexico joined the WW2 European conflict in February 1945. Its like pfft just go fuck yourself at that point.

E: And wouldn't they just use that one eagle to fly to mordor, still doesn't make any sense.
lol

Hey man, Im not defending it. Just getting the facts straight. I still agree that Game of thrones is ten times better that Lord of the rings and I just started it not too long ago.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:52 PM
PROOTS

Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,437 Posts

Quote:
lol

Hey man, Im not defending it. Just getting the facts straight. I still agree that Game of thrones is ten times better that Lord of the rings and I just started it not too long ago.
Have you managed to read "A Storm of Swords" yet?
Old 04-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Duke

Why doesn't the fire sword shimmer like it does in the book? It's supposed to be an epic sword.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Baron

Quote:
E: And wouldn't they just use that one eagle to fly to mordor? ...Still doesn't make any sense.

Shit Wizard: lol ya take my eagle for a few minutes... but bring it back right away. That shit is on 24 hour loan only. Fuck your war effort.
Actually, That WAS there plan. When they sent dudes to go look for him however, No one could find him. Tolkien never even says what happened to him though. My bet is he realised all this plot hole stuff after a few and wrote the dude out.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
Have you managed to read "A Storm of Swords" yet?
Yeah, Im about a quarter through "feast for crows" right now. Loved Storm, Some girl told me the series goes downhill in the middle of that one. I think she was definitely wrong.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Proots (04-12-2012)
Old 04-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Peasant

Could someone tell me if i have alot to look forward too in season 2? The trailers for it looked good but i have a weird feeling things just arent gonna be how i think they are. Ive seen Season 1 and season 2 ep 1 and 2 and plan to keep watching but is it gonna get better? They already announced season 3 and i plan watching it up to than but....i dont know the parts i only really like and really pay attention to are the ones with Jon Snow and the Knights Watch.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Baron

Quote:
Why doesn't the fire sword shimmer like it does in the book? It's supposed to be an epic sword.
In the book, I dont think it even mentions that it is shimmering during that ceremony. Maybe it's just that, A ceremony version or something? Or it takes time to gather power?

I think the first time it is mentioned as shimmering is when Stannis and Renly have that talk in the field where Renly gives him a peach. (It was a peach, Right?) Anyway, Yeah, I hope the show does have lightbringer in all it's glory the next time we see it.

edit:had to add tags. oops, lol
Old 04-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Ya I forgot about this, when I first saw that I was like... that better not be all lightbringer does. Maybe it will only start to glow after some of the more... appropriate... rituals.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:03 PM
PROOTS

Quote:
The sword is supposed to appear awesome, shimmering and brilliant. But, it is a fake. So, we can't put too much stock in it. Fucking Stannis! But, I haven't seen it in the show yet. It's a minor quibble, but upsetting that they didn't give Lightbringer it's due!

Quote:
Yeah, Im about a quarter through "feast for crows" right now. Loved Storm, Some girl told me the series goes downhill in the middle of that one. I think she was definitely wrong.
Good. Not many people feel that way. Reason being - the quality of the writing doesn't decline, just the action. Just think, man - after reading "A Storm of Swords" what the FUCK could possibly top that, action and intensity wise?

Nothing. Now, these last two books as you'll soon see, have slowed down the pace in order to set up for what's going to be an insane conclusion. He's layed down all the threads - it's impossible for him to fuck this up.
neosade (04-12-2012)
Old 04-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuck Shit View Post
Could someone tell me if i have alot to look forward too in season 2? The trailers for it looked good but i have a weird feeling things just arent gonna be how i think they are. Ive seen Season 1 and season 2 ep 1 and 2 and plan to keep watching but is it gonna get better? They already announced season 3 and i plan watching it up to than but....i dont know the parts i only really like and really pay attention to are the ones with Jon Snow and the Knights Watch.
The general consensus seems to be that book two is the best so far(I think I like 3 best). So yeah, alot of badass shit goes on, Alot more action for sure. Jon Snows portions are kind of weak in book two IMHO but pretty badass in book 3. I looks like they are combining them though, So dont worry.

Cant wait for some of the fights from book 3 in the third season. Oh my god I cant wait . You wont be dissapointed, Friend.
The Fuck Shit (04-13-2012)
Old 04-12-2012, 09:16 PM
Marquis

I read all the books in a row - whilst baked - so they all blend together in my mind. Its like one big cluster fuck of epicness.
Proots (04-12-2012)
Old 04-12-2012, 09:24 PM
PROOTS

Quote:
I read all the books in a row - whilst baked - so they all blend together in my mind. Its like one big cluster fuck of epicness.
Literally burst out laughing when I read that.

Thanks, I needed that.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Duke

GoT is the shit

Robb dies in Book 3 by the Freys, Catelyn get's supposedly killed but ends up being washed ashore and taken by the lightning crew or whatever their name is. She is now mute and terribly scarred from the whole thing.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:27 PM
PROOTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurpen View Post
GoT is the shit

Robb dies in Book 3 by the Freys, Catelyn get's supposedly killed but ends up being washed ashore and taken by the lightning crew or whatever their name is. She is now mute and terribly scarred from the whole thing.
Please, nobody click that who hasn't read the books. Even though it's in spoiler tags, it's still a dick move.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Duke

Quote:
Please, nobody click that who hasn't read the books. Even though it's in spoiler tags, it's still a dick move.
Click at your own discretion.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:29 PM
PROOTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurpen View Post
Click at your own discretion.
Understandable, it's just a dick move.
neosade (04-12-2012)
Old 04-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Marquis

I clicked it. I saw the word "dies" and immediately closed it. Yurpen, youse a dick.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pee Vee Herman, M.D View Post
I clicked it. I saw the word "dies" and immediately closed it. Yurpen, youse a dick.
Like it matters. In point of fact:

Every character that matters dies by book 4, which will probably roughly equate to season 4.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Significantly Grander Duke

Thanked 4,294,967,295 Times in 1,332 Posts
Send a message via AIM to LegalizeSpiritualDiscovry

Didn't she actually die, and that crew, whatever their name is, revived her somehow? Something to do with that [Name] The Red guy..? Fuck, it's been way too long since I've read any of the books.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Wealthy Merchant

It's a dick move by GRRM. I honestly dont really know why he feels like he has to kill off so many characters. Book Three had enough action as it was, and it was by far my favorite book. Despite what happened, it still is. I just think he went too far. Now he has to introduce even more new characters when he had too many as it was. Which is why Feast For Crows is dissapointing for me so far (im only about halfway thru).
Old 04-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Knight

Does the story carry on over a prolonged period? Like, doe sit ever reach a point where the kids are adults? Dow e ever see Arya as a warrior princess type deal? Does Brandom ever become anything of importance? Or does it stay within a relatively tight timeframe?
Old 04-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Acolyte

Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,251 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to constantinople Send a message via AIM to constantinople Send a message via MSN to constantinople Send a message via Yahoo to constantinople

Quote:
Yup.

Also this.

But really I'd say the main difference between the two is that LOTR is totally unrealistic, whereas game of thrones is painfully realistic. In LOTR everything works out perfectly, everything has a happy ending, all the pieces fit together and it unfolds under the religious pretense that god loves us all and good will always conquer evil. (Not to mention the huge plot hole that gandalf could summon fucking eagles the entire time and they spend the entire series walking... No one bothered questioning that?...) LORT is like GOT for prepubescent children who can only handle a very formulaic story with no real guts that has a textbook happy ending. Soft. Inb4 fan boys get mad as hell. I mean I like LOTR but GOT is way better.

I think that was one of the main differences GRRM tried to highlight. Ned stark getting his head chopped off was basically like GRRM going - Yea bitches, this ain't no Tolkien surreal happy fantasy story. This is the real world, its ugly, and its dark.
Gandalf can't summon the Eagles.

The Eagles don't exactly give fucks about the affairs of men, as they stated in The Hobbit. That's why they didn't help. Also, do you really think the eagles would have made it with all the fell-beasts flying around? Nuh-uh.

Since apparently no-one has even browsed any of Tolkeins works other than the big 4 it's really no use continuing this conversation. Suffice to say Tolkein wrote out a literal entire history of Middle Earth, beginning with it's Genesis style creation, all the way to the end of LOTR. There's a lot more to it than you people are giving it credit; it just has nothing at all in common with GoT. They are two entirely different approaches to epic fantasy. Neither was written for "kids" or even "teens" , they are written for adults, or people with adult reading and maturity levels.

Last edited by constantinople; 04-12-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:57 PM
PROOTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalizeSpiritualDiscovry View Post
Didn't she actually die, and that crew, whatever their name is, revived her somehow? Something to do with that [Name] The Red guy..? Fuck, it's been way too long since I've read any of the books.
Yes, Berric Dondarrion managed to resurrect her with the help of Thoros of Myr. Since Thoros brought Beric Dondarrion back to life seven times - Beric was able to give her the "kiss of life". His life force went into her, making him die the final time and bringing her back to life.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:57 PM

I think Feast For Crows was disappointing because of the lack of Jon Snow, Tyrion, and Daenerys, three of the most beloved characters of the series.

Then again, apparently that's covered in A Dance with Dragons, which is kinda the other half to A Feast for Crows (FFC being more what happens in the Western part of the world,
other than Arya, who's in Braavos
, and DWD supposedly covering things in the East). Unfortunately, when I read the books, Dance with Dragons wasn't out yet, so I haven't even read that one.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:13 PM

I wonder if Rickon ever develops into a significant role.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Duke

Quote:
he dies of old age
Old 04-12-2012, 11:26 PM
PROOTS

Quote:
It's doubtful, since Martin has already stressed how difficult it is for him to write children characters. But, he has stressed time and time again that Rickon has a "wild" nature - as well as his wolf.

It's possible when all is said and done, he'll be the final Stark and the King in the North.

He's at Skagos with Osha. What part Skagos and the cannibals that live there play with the general story, I can only guess.

Last edited by Proots; 04-12-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Marquis

Quote:
It's doubtful, since Martin has already stressed how difficult it is for him to write children characters. But, he has stressed time and time again that Rickon has a "wild" nature - as well as his wolf.

It's possible when all is said and done, he'll be the final Stark and the King in the North.

He's at Skagos with Osha. What part Skagos and the cannibals that live there play with the general story, I can only guess.
That's pretty stupid unless he's planning to kill off all his new characters in Winds of Winter.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Acolyte

Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,251 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to constantinople Send a message via AIM to constantinople Send a message via MSN to constantinople Send a message via Yahoo to constantinople

Fuck spoiler tags, and the ingrained human response to want to click the button
Old 04-12-2012, 11:51 PM
PROOTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iehovah View Post
That's pretty stupid unless he's planning to kill off all his new characters in Winds of Winter.
Not entirely, because - think. Bran obviously isn't ever going to return South of the wall in person. Even if Arya and Sansa both survive - that will still leave Rickon, the last male Stark.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:58 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Not entirely, because - think. Bran obviously isn't ever going to return South of the wall in person. Even if Arya and Sansa both survive - that will still leave Rickon, the last male Stark.
You -have- read Dance with Dragons, right? You know, the two child kings, the cast of child soldiers, Rickon, Arya. Hell, another chunk of the main cast are barely older than children, Daenerys and Bran, for example.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:11 AM
PROOTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iehovah View Post
You -have- read Dance with Dragons, right? You know, the two child kings, the cast of child soldiers, Rickon, Arya. Hell, another chunk of the main cast are barely older than children, Daenerys and Bran, for example.
Indeed - I think I might be confusing myself here, so bear with me. Rickon is still the last male Stark and thus, has more claim to the seat of Winterfell than any of the others. It's possible that any number of the current child characters that are currently in power can reinstate him.

Or, after all is said and done (Myrcella and Tommen will be killed) Rickon could possibly be reinstated.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:42 AM
Marquis

So... thoughts on the latest episode? Thought it was pretty good.

Bit with Jon getting caught by Craster seems kind of pointless, guess it was to show that he was sacrificing his sons to the others rather than just having people mention it as a rumour. Not really sure about making Renly so gay. It's something I didn't really pick up on at all in the books but have heard that it is hinted at apparently. I remember later on in the series people talking about how it was unlikely Margaery was a virgin after being married to him for months. Does make him a bit more interesting in the TV show, sure if I hadn't read the books I wouldn't mind.

And the woman who plays Brienne is fucking huge. Don't know if the scene with her leading Catelyn away was forced perspective but she was like a foot and a half taller than Catelyn.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:50 AM
PROOTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gith View Post
So... thoughts on the latest episode? Thought it was pretty good.

Bit with Jon getting caught by Craster seems kind of pointless, guess it was to show that he was sacrificing his sons to the others rather than just having people mention it as a rumour. Not really sure about making Renly so gay. It's something I didn't really pick up on at all in the books but have heard that it is hinted at apparently. I remember later on in the series people talking about how it was unlikely Margaery was a virgin after being married to him for months. Does make him a bit more interesting in the TV show, sure if I hadn't read the books I wouldn't mind.
Don't worry, there's lots and lots of hints about the relationship between Renly and Loras - but, it was very, very subtle. I had to back track a bit myself, just to make sure I got everything. Since Margaery and Loras are so close - it's been surmised that the marriage was arranged as a front that could work two ways and benefit both Loras and his sister.

Loras would be able to still carry on a relationship with his lover, Renly. And, Margaery wouldn't have to be forced to sleep with anyone she didn't want to and, she would always be close with her favorite brother.

It's very possible that she isn't a virgin - but, it's strongly speculated that while she's not a virgin, she didn't with Renly. Any information Taena Merryweather fed Cersei is highly suspect. One theory is, the most obvious - she was just getting close to Cersei for personal gain / power. The other is that she's a plant/mole working for Littlefinger, Varys or another great house.

Anyways, I digress. Sorry!
Old 04-18-2012, 04:00 AM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gith View Post
And the woman who plays Brienne is fucking huge. Don't know if the scene with her leading Catelyn away was forced perspective but she was like a foot and a half taller than Catelyn.
I'd forgotten she appears so early on in the series, but iirc, she's portrayed as quite the she-beast in the books. Maybe having a much taller actress for the part was their concession to not making her quite so fugly?