Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Carved Outta Wood

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #281  
Old 09-30-2011, 04:16 PM
password password is offline
Peasant
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: earth
Thanks: 12
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

thread should be 15 reasons to be a faggot
__________________
that feels nice
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
ayingerbrau (07-07-2012)
  #282  
Old 09-30-2011, 04:18 PM
water bottle's Avatar
water bottle water bottle is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Laramidia
Thanks: 1,372
Thanked 1,709 Times in 1,167 Posts
Thumbs Up Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by password View Post
thread should be 15 reasons to be a faggot
post of the year
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 09-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Darkhunter's Avatar
Darkhunter Darkhunter is offline
Significantly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hunting Ducks in Rolfheim
Thanks: 4,782
Thanked 1,886 Times in 1,519 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by water bottle View Post
Man you have to be retarded.
__________________
"I may cling to my opinions but i'm not an idiot" - psychomanthis
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 09-30-2011, 10:51 PM
water bottle's Avatar
water bottle water bottle is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Laramidia
Thanks: 1,372
Thanked 1,709 Times in 1,167 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhunter View Post
Man you have to be retarded.
Do I really have to explain this to you? I really can't tell if troll or just very stupid, so I will: I was joking.
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 10-01-2011, 12:10 AM
Darkhunter's Avatar
Darkhunter Darkhunter is offline
Significantly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hunting Ducks in Rolfheim
Thanks: 4,782
Thanked 1,886 Times in 1,519 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by water bottle View Post
Do I really have to explain this to you? I really can't tell if troll or just very stupid, so I will: I was joking.
__________________
"I may cling to my opinions but i'm not an idiot" - psychomanthis
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 10-01-2011, 05:47 AM
kayx kayx is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Texas
Thanks: 28
Thanked 43 Times in 39 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
OP, the primary problems would be solved by just eating humans. Solves space issues, CO2, starvation etc.
Your horror stories of how many babies die and your arguments on space, grain vs. meet and deforestation are all a result of over-population. Humans have canines (and molars) and have evolved to eat a varied diet of meat AND veggies/fruits/nuts and have actually not started farming (= eating grain) untill very recently seen in perspective.
okaywiththis.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 05-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Malice's Avatar
Malice Malice is offline
Cat Fucker
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SF Bay Area
Thanks: 572
Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,749 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Did I post this before? Too lazy to check.

Big Fat Fiasco pt. 1 - YouTube


Myths nuked out of existence.

Although I now believe his theory on obesity is wrong. Go here and search for "kitavan" and read this: http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.co...f-obesity.html

The advice he gave is still good, but root vegetables may be fine, starchy things, as long as your body is functioning properly.
__________________
“Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.” - Carl Jung
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 05-05-2012, 11:01 AM
slicknickns's Avatar
slicknickns slicknickns is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Analheim, opening of an Orange
Thanks: 350
Thanked 322 Times in 277 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

I've met plenty of fat vegetarians
__________________
"slicknickns I appreciate the content but dude, lay off the meth and give your dick a rest." http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showpost.php?p=3696966&postcount=2165
"Greatest thread ever! Never fapped so much." - Oct
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 07-07-2012, 08:21 AM
CarbonBV2 CarbonBV2 is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Thanks: 0
Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by is all mememememe with me View Post
didn't read your 101 reasons, i read the first 3 and immediatly noticed 1 and 3 were the same reason said in two different ways. i'm just gonna assume there is a lot of that going on.

and all i have to say is that eating meat is what you're meant to eat as a carnivore. we have carnivore teeth and carnivore eyes. if vegetation was supposed to be the sole diet of the human species then our eyes would have been on the side of our heads like all herbivorous species have the world over. our teeth would also have been different.

...oh, and have you ever smelt a vegi's farts?? there is a reason why cows produce so much methane. that's because all they eat is greens.
You're dumb, you do realize most carnivores can't distinguish between colors as humans can right? Which comes in handy for I don't know, determining when fruit is ripe? I don't really imagine panthers picking bananas, and last time I checked most apes diets consist of 2-5% meat and have eyes situated identically to our own. You are pretty full of shit.

P.S IF your dumbass didn't already realize, most cattle in the united states isn't fed greens, they are fed grains, and as to why cows produce more methane than a human, and why high protein farts are actually worse, use google, because you're a dumbass and no one has the time to explain all of this to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by :Evo: View Post
this thread is so fail. OP... please do everyone a favor and jump off a cliff.
You're stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary Duff View Post
All of the smart people on zoklet must be taking a day off today.
They were, but I am here now.

[quote=Figure-8;2977345]It costs less to grow, it costs more to buy.

Find a local farmer.

Quote:
2) You will be much less likely to get certain cancers and diseases.
.................................................. .....

But polenta's pretty good.

: D

That
Complete drivel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trix Are For Kids View Post
1. No.
2. Doubt it. Celery causes cancer.
3. No. Things die, get over it.
4. Higher in energy? Yeak OK.
5. You won't get the fats and acids your cardiovascular system needs.
6. Not if you cook it the right way.
7. Not really. It's because they eat too much.
8. That's not energy from food, it's inner will.
9. Not noticeable.
10. I don't fart anywhere that I can smell it.
11. I bet you also think skin creams are good for you.
12. Cow farming? Might as well blame interstate commerce.
13. So? Money is just an illusion anyway.
14. Not really.
15. Not at all.
Another moron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by is all mememememe with me View Post
OP, you need to understand the food chain and man's place within it. all life is eaten by something, whether its meat or vegetable(there are even plants that eat animals out there too). there is nothing wrong with it. why do you feel that you have to feel guilty for doing what you are meant to do. it keeps the world and life going, like a never ending circle. only a fuck-wit pussy could get this stupid idea that we should stop eating meat. and what if you did get man to all stop eating meat, what then? would you start trying to get lions and tigers to stop then too. sharks maybe? because to the animal thats being eaten it matters little whether its by a tiger, shark or human. its how the natural world works and it keeps the world going round(not in a literal sense tho obviously).
Shut up you incoherent idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Mass View Post
......
Another idiot, and "dear"? Why are you trying to be condescending when you're too fucking stupid to realize there are all vegan bodybuilders who look amazing and aren't "weak bitches". Oh yeah, another person comes to mind, Mac Danzig, UFC fighter is vegan, and pretty sure he would beat your pussy ass.
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 07-07-2012, 08:36 AM
CarbonBV2 CarbonBV2 is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Thanks: 0
Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by is all mememememe with me View Post
you stupid cunt !!

even when we learned to hunt using weapons and traps we still needed our canine teeth to bite off a mouthful of flesh. you will find that humans didnt evolve with the knowledge of fire already instilled. and even when we discovered it for warmth it was some time after that we learned to cook with it. and those canine teeth certainly aren't for ripping the flesh off a tomato.

but the true indication that we are a carnivorous species is in our eyes. they face forward for hunting. just like every other meat eating animal on the planet. whats more, if we were supposed to be a herbivorous species then we would be capable of eating the whole parts of plants. we cant because our stomachs are not designed for that. we are actually omnivorous which means we are only able to eat the fruit and vegetables produced by fruit bearing plants, this enables us to supplement our main diet which is meat and is one of the main reasons we were able to migrate to almost every part of the planet and have been successful in every area. try eating eating grass including the roots and all. try eating the branches of small trees like true herbivorous animals do, lets see how you get on being a true vegan.

personally i suggest doing this.

eat this:



while watching this:

GO VEGAN - Slaughter House - YouTube

while listening to this:

http://soundcloud.com/mejarrell/flower-duet-lakme

and then truly appreciate the brilliance and mechanical ingenuity that we humans put into our food. its awesome to be human. revel in it

Humans are not carnivorous, humans did not go around biting the faces of animals off, you are a moron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by is all mememememe with me View Post
nothing to do with social reasons. the most social animals on the planet are herbivorous and have side facing eyes.

your canine teeth are unnecessary only with cooked meat which is softened by the process. raw meat is very tough and needs that initial piercing to cause a weak point from which the meat is then able to be torn off. its not about chewing the meat, it is for that ripping motion. evolution obviously didn't realize that we would invent fire and learn that meat is tastier when cooked.

so you're the retard, and i'll use your own posts as sources.
Tastier when cooked? Then explain why real carnivores prefer uncooked raw meat to cooked meat? I really doubt you enjoy lapping up raw blood and swalling bone marrow. You are not a carnivore, be quiet already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dephdiddy View Post
Say you got it your way, and one day EVERYONE became vegan. Come up with a logical solution as to do with all the animals left that we would have eaten. Your turn, GO.
Wouldn't happen overnight idiot.
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Issue313 (07-09-2012)
  #291  
Old 07-07-2012, 10:24 AM
ayingerbrau's Avatar
ayingerbrau ayingerbrau is offline
Marquis
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Thanks: 764
Thanked 743 Times in 518 Posts
Arrow Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonBV2 View Post
Another idiot, and "dear"? Why are you trying to be condescending when you're too fucking stupid to realize there are all vegan bodybuilders who look amazing and aren't "weak bitches". Oh yeah, another person comes to mind, Mac Danzig, UFC fighter is vegan, and pretty sure he would beat your pussy ass.
Steroids, beer and meat > vegans.

Ben Johnson 1988 100m - YouTube


...and Lewis is not going to catch him! Johnson wins it!

Mac Danzig got knocked the fuck out trying to be tough.

Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 07-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Iehovah Iehovah is offline
Marquis
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Near Bethlehem.
Thanks: 155
Thanked 514 Times in 385 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonBV2 View Post

Another idiot, and "dear"? Why are you trying to be condescending when you're too fucking stupid to realize there are all vegan bodybuilders who look amazing and aren't "weak bitches". Oh yeah, another person comes to mind, Mac Danzig, UFC fighter is vegan, and pretty sure he would beat your pussy ass.
He might be marginally impressive in the Lightweight division, but he certainly doesn't look amazing. Still, he's got a marginally impressive record in the Lightweight division, so let's put this in the context of trained fighters and not fish-belly pale and milk chocolate Zokleteers: how many meat-eating UFC fighters would beat Danzig's ass into the ground?

Looking at his record, quite a few of them.
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 07-07-2012, 07:00 PM
CarbonBV2 CarbonBV2 is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Thanks: 0
Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayingerbrau View Post
Steroids, beer and meat > vegans.

Ben Johnson 1988 100m - YouTube

...and Lewis is not going to catch him! Johnson wins it!

Mac Danzig got knocked the fuck out trying to be tough.

Danzig gets knocked out for being jerk - YouTube
You didn't knock Danzig out, that was the point, you fucking moron. Also, the point was vegans aren't all weak bitches, which was proven with two examples, now please stop being a moron and go to school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iehovah View Post
He might be marginally impressive in the Lightweight division, but he certainly doesn't look amazing. Still, he's got a marginally impressive record in the Lightweight division, so let's put this in the context of trained fighters and not fish-belly pale and milk chocolate Zokleteers: how many meat-eating UFC fighters would beat Danzig's ass into the ground?

Looking at his record, quite a few of them.
Nice job being irrelevant. How many non-meat eating animals would beat the shit out of all UFC fighters. An elephant comes to mind, looks like the non-meat eaters win again. Biggest mammals on the planet are long living and non-meat eaters, check yourself moron.
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 07-07-2012, 07:11 PM
crazzyass crazzyass is offline
Archduke
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Thanks: 1,895
Thanked 1,058 Times in 687 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

I had a vegan Reuben in Asheville the other day. It was literally the best Reuben I've ever had.

Vegan is healthy and delicious. I eat it when I can. Still an omnivore though. Just slowly reducing meat consumption as I can. I seriously doubt I'll ever go full vegan, but ~80% of my diet being nonmeat would be cool.
__________________
"p.s. i better not call Cory something like a filthy liberal, otherwise crazzyass could accuse me of using a slur in an off-topic manner, and ban me" - WAN
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 07-07-2012, 11:06 PM
water bottle's Avatar
water bottle water bottle is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Laramidia
Thanks: 1,372
Thanked 1,709 Times in 1,167 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

That's a good target. Meat in moderation or your circulatory system pays later.
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
crazzyass (07-08-2012)
  #296  
Old 07-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Oct's Avatar
Oct Oct is offline
cunt
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Korova Milk bar
Thanks: 966
Thanked 1,122 Times in 843 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan



I'm sure this ass hole was a vegan.
__________________
"That man of loneliness and mystery.
Scarce to seem to smile, and seldom heard to sigh"

Last edited by Oct; 07-07-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 07-08-2012, 04:55 AM
Iehovah Iehovah is offline
Marquis
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Near Bethlehem.
Thanks: 155
Thanked 514 Times in 385 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonBV2 View Post
Nice job being irrelevant. How many non-meat eating animals would beat the shit out of all UFC fighters. An elephant comes to mind, looks like the non-meat eaters win again. Biggest mammals on the planet are long living and non-meat eaters, check yourself moron.
The biggest mammals on the planet are at the fucking mercy of meat-eating human animals far smaller and weaker than themselves, so it just goes to show you that your definition of "fighting" and "match ups" is pretty fucking ridiculous.

Learn relevancy, you fucking autistic piece of shit.

'Cuz yeah, putting a meat-eating fighter in a cage-match with a vegetarian whale or elephant makes complete fucking sense.
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 07-08-2012, 05:04 AM
crazzyass crazzyass is offline
Archduke
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Thanks: 1,895
Thanked 1,058 Times in 687 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by water bottle View Post
That's a good target. Meat in moderation or your circulatory system pays later.
Indeed, indeed. I've gone a little over a month without red meat. I've had a little bacon, but mostly chicken and salmon.

I have so much more energy. It's absurd.
__________________
"p.s. i better not call Cory something like a filthy liberal, otherwise crazzyass could accuse me of using a slur in an off-topic manner, and ban me" - WAN
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 07-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Malice's Avatar
Malice Malice is offline
Cat Fucker
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SF Bay Area
Thanks: 572
Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,749 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzyass View Post
I had a vegan Reuben in Asheville the other day. It was literally the best Reuben I've ever had.

Vegan is healthy and delicious. I eat it when I can. Still an omnivore though. Just slowly reducing meat consumption as I can. I seriously doubt I'll ever go full vegan, but ~80% of my diet being nonmeat would be cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by water bottle View Post
That's a good target. Meat in moderation or your circulatory system pays later.
Absolutely, absolutely untrue.

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/l...s/the-big-lie/

Big Fat Fiasco pt. 1 - YouTube


Go ahead, don't even consider that the information you've been given is wrong. Clearly that's what intelligent people do.
__________________
“Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.” - Carl Jung
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 07-08-2012, 12:33 PM
benny vader's Avatar
benny vader benny vader is offline
Count
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mæth Island
Thanks: 113
Thanked 453 Times in 326 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonBV2 View Post
....Biggest mammals on the planet are long living and non-meat eaters, check yourself moron.
arent whales eat other fishes ... which are just water-meats ????
__________________
This is Benny Vader, I AM YOUR GOTT DAMN JOHN CONNOR

if your reading this shit .... then your the resistance ...
Reply With Quote
  #301  
Old 07-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Irukanji Irukanji is offline
Marquis
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Perth
Thanks: 886
Thanked 353 Times in 272 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny vader View Post
arent whales eat other fishes ... which are just water-meats ????
This.

---------

Whales eat fish, squid, plankton(baby fish, crabs and squid), krill, etc. Killer Whales eat other whales, dolphins, seals, etc.

They have no teeth either, so you can't argue that "humans have teeth designed to eat plants", whales have no teeth(except toothed whales and killer whales) and they get along fine.
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 07-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Deadlock's Avatar
Deadlock Deadlock is offline
Wealthy Merchant
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Podunk, Texas
Thanks: 234
Thanked 71 Times in 42 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan



Just going to leave this here.
__________________
If you are a socialist country with a massive class division, you are shitty socialists.
If you are a capitalist country without a massive class division, you don't exist.
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Irukanji (07-16-2012), is all mememememe with me (07-10-2012)
  #303  
Old 07-08-2012, 01:27 PM
benny vader's Avatar
benny vader benny vader is offline
Count
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mæth Island
Thanks: 113
Thanked 453 Times in 326 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irukanji View Post
This.

---------

Whales eat fish, squid, plankton(baby fish, crabs and squid), krill, etc. Killer Whales eat other whales, dolphins, seals, etc.

They have no teeth either, so you can't argue that "humans have teeth designed to eat plants", whales have no teeth(except toothed whales and killer whales) and they get along fine.
i believe these neo-vegetarions are secretly advocating the extinction of non-plant eating animals.

and btw, teeth, or the lack of them have nothing to do what a species eats.

Many meat eating bacterias, maggotts, insects, eagles, penguins etc etc dont have fangs and canines at all, and they eat meat just foine.

The one thing that counts is : can we digest them ????

And apparently we do and so, on that sole basis we're native meat-compatible eaters.

Anyone who disagree is a coch munching phaggott/
__________________
This is Benny Vader, I AM YOUR GOTT DAMN JOHN CONNOR

if your reading this shit .... then your the resistance ...
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 07-08-2012, 07:20 PM
CarbonBV2 CarbonBV2 is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Thanks: 0
Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iehovah View Post
The biggest mammals on the planet are at the fucking mercy of meat-eating human animals far smaller and weaker than themselves, so it just goes to show you that your definition of "fighting" and "match ups" is pretty fucking ridiculous.

Learn relevancy, you fucking autistic piece of shit.

'Cuz yeah, putting a meat-eating fighter in a cage-match with a vegetarian whale or elephant makes complete fucking sense.
Haha, now you want to bring technology into the argument of physical superiority? HAHAHAHAHAHA, and I'm autistic? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What a fucking idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice View Post
Absolutely, absolutely untrue.

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/l...s/the-big-lie/

Big Fat Fiasco pt. 1 - YouTube

Go ahead, don't even consider that the information you've been given is wrong. Clearly that's what intelligent people do.
Buddy, when your only source is a blog, then yeah...and there are a lot of places to get healthy fats besides animal meat you dipshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irukanji View Post
This.

---------

Whales eat fish, squid, plankton(baby fish, crabs and squid), krill, etc. Killer Whales eat other whales, dolphins, seals, etc.

They have no teeth either, so you can't argue that "humans have teeth designed to eat plants", whales have no teeth(except toothed whales and killer whales) and they get along fine.
You must be apart of the American education system huh? Humans do have teeth designed to eat plants...damn you're fucking stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny vader View Post
i believe these neo-vegetarions are secretly advocating the extinction of non-plant eating animals.

and btw, teeth, or the lack of them have nothing to do what a species eats.

Many meat eating bacterias, maggotts, insects, eagles, penguins etc etc dont have fangs and canines at all, and they eat meat just foine.

The one thing that counts is : can we digest them ????

And apparently we do and so, on that sole basis we're native meat-compatible eaters.

Anyone who disagree is a coch munching phaggott/
We're talking about mammals you fag, and yes mammals teeth do play a part in what they eat. Holy shit are you people stupid.
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 07-08-2012, 07:28 PM
crazzyass crazzyass is offline
Archduke
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Thanks: 1,895
Thanked 1,058 Times in 687 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice View Post
Absolutely, absolutely untrue.

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/l...s/the-big-lie/

Big Fat Fiasco pt. 1 - YouTube

Go ahead, don't even consider that the information you've been given is wrong. Clearly that's what intelligent people do.
What's absolutely untrue? That I ate a vegan meal and enjoyed it? Or that red meat fucks up your body?

I'm sorry your blogger friend disagrees, but he's wrong.
__________________
"p.s. i better not call Cory something like a filthy liberal, otherwise crazzyass could accuse me of using a slur in an off-topic manner, and ban me" - WAN
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 07-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Mutant Funk Drink's Avatar
Mutant Funk Drink Mutant Funk Drink is offline
Grand Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 3,027
Thanked 1,799 Times in 1,122 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

The only reason to be a vegan is if you have a moral issue with killing animals. Which is fine, except I don't see a moral issue so long as the animal was killed justly and humanely.

Veganism is only good for you in the sense that your body is being fed filler for food, so of course you are going to lose weight because the only protein you are getting is from legumes. Vegans almost always have to take supplements from the grocery store to stay relatively healthy. Without grocery stores, vegans would be extremely unhealthy and anemic.

For the human body to properly function, it needs a regular source of saturated fat and animal protein. The idea that saturated fat is bad for the human body is almost entirely unfounded; no consistent trend between studies has come to show that it's bad for you. The studies that usually show that it's bad for you often used hydrogenated oils, which is trans fat!

The biggest problem with the modern human diet is the amount of carbohydrates and sugar that we eat on a daily basis. Not only are we not meant to eat so much nutritionally worthless plant material, but it raises our blood sugar significantly and can give us insulin resistance. And of course, make us fat and disgusting.

Human teeth are designed to eat both meat and vegetation, but our digestive tract is mostly designed to deal with meat. Compare our digestive tract with those of carnivorous animals and contrast them with those of herbavores, and you'll see what I mean. We are supposed to primarily eat meat(or protein) and supplement it with a smaller amount of vegetation. Just as wolves/coyotes/dogs primarily eat meat in the wild, but they will also eat a certain amount of grass and berries.

Also, there is nothing about red meat that makes it worse for us than any other meat. The only way one could think that is under the assumption that saturated fat is bad for us; but the data really doesn't back that up.
__________________
Aristophanes once wrote, roughly translated; "Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion, and he'll starve praying for a fish.

Last edited by Mutant Funk Drink; 07-08-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
helliotion (07-09-2012), Malice (07-09-2012), Vizier (07-08-2012)
  #307  
Old 07-08-2012, 08:22 PM
CarbonBV2 CarbonBV2 is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Thanks: 0
Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Funk Drink View Post
The only reason to be a vegan is if you have a moral issue with killing animals. Which is fine, except I don't see a moral issue so long as the animal was killed justly and humanely.
There are lots of reasons to be a vegan, you named one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Funk Drink View Post
Veganism is only good for you in the sense that your body is being fed filler for food, so of course you are going to lose weight because the only protein you are getting is from legumes. Vegans almost always have to take supplements from the grocery store to stay relatively healthy. Without grocery stores, vegans would be extremely unhealthy and anemic.
This is why you're just completely stupid, protein from legumes? I know lots of vegans who take no supplements, know why? Probably because vegetation has a lot of those things called nutrients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Funk Drink View Post
For the human body to properly function, it needs a regular source of saturated fat and animal protein. The idea that saturated fat is bad for the human body is almost entirely unfounded; no consistent trend between studies has come to show that it's bad for you. The studies that usually show that it's bad for you often used hydrogenated oils, which is trans fat!
What is "regular"? It definitely isn't 3 cheeseburgers a day, most people could easily get away with eating red meat once a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Funk Drink View Post
The biggest problem with the modern human diet is the amount of carbohydrates and sugar that we eat on a daily basis. Not only are we not meant to eat so much nutritionally worthless plant material, but it raises our blood sugar significantly and can give us insulin resistance. And of course, make us fat and disgusting.
No, it isn't the amount of carbohydrates it is the type of carbohydrate. There is nothing wrong with sugar, ever heard of fruit? Again, it is the type of sugar you are consuming, aka, the type of carbohydrate you are consuming. Dude, fruit and vegetables do not give insulin resistance, you don't know a fucking thing about biology or the mechanisms insulin uses to maintain blood sugar levels. Nutritionally worthless plant material? You are so stupid, look at any omnivore on the fucking planet, they are beasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Funk Drink View Post
Human teeth are designed to eat both meat and vegetation, but our digestive tract is mostly designed to deal with meat. Compare our digestive tract with those of carnivorous animals and contrast them with those of herbavores, and you'll see what I mean. We are supposed to primarily eat meat(or protein) and supplement it with a smaller amount of vegetation. Just as wolves/coyotes/dogs primarily eat meat in the wild, but they will also eat a certain amount of grass and berries.
Mostly designed to deal with meat? NO it isn't, we are omnivores and most omnivores on the planet have a diet that consists of about 5% meat. We have long digestive tracts, and two different digestive organs that allow us to breakdown plant material and uptake nutrients. We are a hybrid, duh. Wolves and coyotes and most carnivores eat grass to balance out the acids in their stomach, and to induce vomiting. Not because they are supplementing their diet with berries...Lord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Funk Drink View Post
Also, there is nothing about red meat that makes it worse for us than any other meat. The only way one could think that is under the assumption that saturated fat is bad for us; but the data really doesn't back that up.
I don't think anyone brought up any arguments comparing red meat to other meats and saying red meat is bad. I think overall what was said is that meat in general should be eaten in lower quantities because it is an inefficient use of resources on the planet. However you are a shallow thinker and this concept could never appeal to you.
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 07-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Vizier's Avatar
Vizier Vizier is offline
Ugly Pile of Bones
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Land of the Dead
Thanks: 2,251
Thanked 6,926 Times in 4,346 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonBV2 View Post
meat in general should be eaten in lower quantities because it is an inefficient use of resources on the planet. However you are a shallow thinker and this concept could never appeal to you.
I think people should exist in lower quantities.
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
helliotion (07-09-2012)
  #309  
Old 07-08-2012, 10:25 PM
CarbonBV2 CarbonBV2 is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Thanks: 0
Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizier View Post
I think people should exist in lower quantities.
Dumbass, thanks for reiterating what was just said...
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 07-08-2012, 10:30 PM
constantinople's Avatar
constantinople constantinople is offline
Acolyte
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: saythankyoubitch
Thanks: 1,831
Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,251 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to constantinople Send a message via AIM to constantinople Send a message via MSN to constantinople Send a message via Yahoo to constantinople
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

UUUUUUUUUAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG GHLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAFFFFFFfffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggg ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggkkkkkkkkkk
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #311  
Old 07-08-2012, 10:51 PM
CarbonBV2 CarbonBV2 is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Thanks: 0
Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.PAPADROPADOCALOPALIS View Post
UUUUUUUUUAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG GHLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAFFFFFFfffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggg ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggkkkkkkkkkk
You see? Even the doctor agrees...
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 07-08-2012, 11:07 PM
constantinople's Avatar
constantinople constantinople is offline
Acolyte
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: saythankyoubitch
Thanks: 1,831
Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,251 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to constantinople Send a message via AIM to constantinople Send a message via MSN to constantinople Send a message via Yahoo to constantinople
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Dont put words in my hunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhuguhguhgughuhguhguhguhguhguh fukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkdamninconti nence!!!!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 07-09-2012, 02:52 AM
Iehovah Iehovah is offline
Marquis
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Near Bethlehem.
Thanks: 155
Thanked 514 Times in 385 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonBV2 View Post
skreawwwwwwww
Be sure to bang your head against the padded wall and not the keyboard, kiddo.

Quote:
skreaww?!
Because you could damage the keyboard that way.

Quote:
skreawwwkaaaaaw!
If you break it, you'll have to get one for Christmas instead of the new Elmo.

Quote:
skreaghaklsjfasdfasg;asdjfkawlejtoiwengk/d,GA
I warned you.
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 07-09-2012, 04:07 AM
helliotion's Avatar
helliotion helliotion is offline
Wealthy Merchant
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In shades of gray.
Thanks: 202
Thanked 45 Times in 38 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

There is NO DOUBT that meat belongs in the human diet. There is NO DOUBT that plant matter belongs in our diet. The question we should be discussing is in what proportions these foods should be ingested while keeping in mind individual genetic predispositions.

My theory though for people who turn full on vegan is that they were probably deficient in vegetables in the first place so when they increase consumption they experience positive effects but then they go too far with that idea and reduce healthy meats and over consume vegetables.

On an egotistical note, vegans are silly geese just like religious people. Will they ever learn?
__________________
Balance is power. Practice Moderation.
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
  #315  
Old 07-09-2012, 04:27 AM
Zanick's Avatar
Zanick Zanick is offline
Sea Cucumber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bikini Bottom
Thanks: 2,089
Thanked 2,134 Times in 1,451 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Zanick
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Vegan cooking annoys me, I never did adapt properly and now I just eat straight veggies, fruits, etc. because it's just so easy. Raw veganism is nice that way, but people still try to make complicated dishes in that practice as well. Who the fuck wants raw cheesecake? I eat my food raw specifically to avoid preparation

... and health benefits too, or so I'm told. Mostly I'm just lazy and healthy, I don't know that the two are so closely related though.

. . . .

Who gives a fuck if it "goes against our biological disposition" if you can be healthy doing it anyway? If you truly believe veganism is for you for any reason, and have a balanced diet that satisfies your nutritive requirements then you're fine. It's a matter of balance, and being conscious of what you put in your body and why.
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
helliotion (07-09-2012)
  #316  
Old 07-09-2012, 04:38 AM
helliotion's Avatar
helliotion helliotion is offline
Wealthy Merchant
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In shades of gray.
Thanks: 202
Thanked 45 Times in 38 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanick View Post
Vegan cooking annoys me, I never did adapt properly and now I just eat straight veggies, fruits, etc. because it's just so easy. Raw veganism is nice that way, but people still try to make complicated dishes in that practice as well.

Who gives a fuck if it "goes against our biological disposition" if you can be healthy doing it anyway? If you truly believe veganism is for you for any reason, and have a balanced diet that satisfies your nutritive requirements then you're fine. It's a matter of balance, and being conscious of what you put in your body and why.
Hell yea. Cooking vegetables makes very little sense, nutrients are lost and it's not like it needs to be cooked to be made digestible like meat, vegetables are already easily digested by the body. I went raw vegan once. Good times. Currently I'm leaning more toward Paleo/Primal but I make a lot of individual adaptations to it. I value Very High Vegetables, High-Moderate organic Meats/eggs/fish, and then Fruits and nuts as a snacky food. I try to keep supplementation to a minimum because ideally a diet would fulfill all nutritional needs but realistically that's not going to happen. So I use AOR Omnicore or Multibasics as a Multi-vitamin. And take a Fish oil and Vitamin D supplement because I don't eat as much fish or go outside as often as I ought to.
I am wondering though what place grains have in a human diet, Paleo says to ditch them but I'm thinking just have it on a very lose dose, an introductory dose, because I think it is the staple of the future, currently our digestive system hasn't adapted to ingest them like we do but does that mean we should cut them out completely? I think not. We need to ease it into our diets. 5% to 10% to 15%....Over the generations.





http://www.iherb.com/Advanced-Orthom...gie-Caps/33054
http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Factors...-Softgels/4251
http://www.iherb.com/Healthy-Origins...Softgels/18335
__________________
Balance is power. Practice Moderation.

Last edited by helliotion; 07-09-2012 at 04:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Zanick (07-09-2012)
  #317  
Old 07-09-2012, 04:41 AM
Mutant Funk Drink's Avatar
Mutant Funk Drink Mutant Funk Drink is offline
Grand Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 3,027
Thanked 1,799 Times in 1,122 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by helliotion View Post
There is NO DOUBT that meat belongs in the human diet. There is NO DOUBT that plant matter belongs in our diet. The question we should be discussing is in what proportions these foods should be ingested while keeping in mind individual genetic predispositions.

My theory though for people who turn full on vegan is that they were probably deficient in vegetables in the first place so when they increase consumption they experience positive effects but then they go too far with that idea and reduce healthy meats and over consume vegetables.

On an egotistical note, vegans are silly geese just like religious people. Will they ever learn?
That seems plausible. It's kind of like how people who start a juicing diet experience the benefits for the first few days, and then they crash and totally feel like shit because they're eating nothing but plant juice.

I have no problem with people who actually understand nutrition and want to go on a vegan diet for weight loss reasons. It is one way to do it, and I've known such people who went vegan strictly because they wanted to get skinnier. I do, however, prefer a diet that is both healthful and sustainable; if civilization collapsed, I doubt vegans could stick to their diets for very long. Outside of the comfort of the first world, I don't think it's practical.

What I do hate are the vegans who put themselves on a moral pedestal. My sister is one such person. Because she thinks that animals shouldn't be killed, she wants everyone to be vegan just like her. When we're at a gathering, she has to say "ewwww" out loud and make comments on how animal meat is disgusting. But she's a bitch all around, so it's not atypical to her personality.

I think if you've brainwashed yourself into thinking that meat is disgusting, there's something seriously wrong with you.

Like I said before, I see nothing immoral about killing animals for food so long as it is done humanely. The problem comes with the human population. Killing animals humanely, for some reason, is difficult to do en masse. Slaughter houses are like death camps because so many people need meat. The vegan argument is that if we all ate plants then all that could be avoided. But I'd argue that there's no way that all the humans on the planet earth could eat plants and be healthy. It's just as much a fantasy as the idea that we could feed the entire human population with organic farming.

Now this is more of a subjective thing, but vegan cooking is usually piss awful. Many people fool themselves into thinking that throwing a bunch of random curry and spices on to tofu and chard is good food, but the average person looks in disgust. Not that tofu can't be made to taste good, but it seems to me like most people who are vegan think they are master chefs. Though quite a few of them realize this, so they end up buying vegan food from the frozen aisle at the grocery store(hence becoming more dependent).

What's worse are the vegans who cook seitan. YUUUUCCCKKKKK. That stuff is awful.
__________________
Aristophanes once wrote, roughly translated; "Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion, and he'll starve praying for a fish.

Last edited by Mutant Funk Drink; 07-09-2012 at 04:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
helliotion (07-09-2012), Vizier (07-09-2012)
  #318  
Old 07-09-2012, 04:52 AM
helliotion's Avatar
helliotion helliotion is offline
Wealthy Merchant
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In shades of gray.
Thanks: 202
Thanked 45 Times in 38 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Funk Drink View Post
That seems plausible. It's kind of like how people who start a juicing diet experience the benefits for the first few days, and then they crash and totally feel like shit because they're eating nothing but plant juice.

I have no problem with people who actually understand nutrition and want to go on a vegan diet for weight loss reasons. It is one way to do it, and I've known such people who went vegan strictly because they wanted to get skinnier. I do, however, prefer a diet that is both healthful and sustainable; if civilization collapsed, I doubt vegans could stick to their diets for very long. Outside of the comfort of the first world, I don't think it's practical.

What I do hate are the vegans who put themselves on a moral pedestal. My sister is one such person. Because she thinks that animals shouldn't be killed, she wants everyone to be vegan just like her. When we're at a gathering, she has to say "ewwww" out loud and make comments on how animal meat is disgusting. But she's a bitch all around, so it's not atypical to her personality.

I think if you've brainwashed yourself into thinking that meat is disgusting, there's something seriously wrong with you.

Like I said before, I see nothing immoral about killing animals for food so long as it is done humanely. The problem comes with the human population. Killing animals humanely, for some reason, is difficult to do en masse. Slaughter houses are like death camps because so many people need meat. The vegan argument is that if we all ate plants then all that could be avoided. But I'd argue that there's no way that all the humans on the planet earth could eat plants and be healthy. It's just as much a fantasy as the idea that we could feed the entire human population with organic farming.

Now this is more of a subjective thing, but vegan cooking is usually piss awful. Many people fool themselves into thinking that throwing a bunch of random curry and spices on to tofu and chard is good food, but the average person looks in disgust. Not that tofu can't be made to taste good, but it seems to me like most people who are vegan think they are master chefs. Though quite a few of them realize this, so they end up buying vegan food from the frozen aisle at the grocery store(hence becoming more dependent).

What's worse are the vegans who cook seitan. YUUUUCCCKKKKK. That stuff is awful.
Buy grass-fed free-range beef. Now that meat is good and definitely not digusting. Slaughterhouse meat, fuck that nasty Auschwitz beef. Not all meats are the same, remember that.
__________________
Balance is power. Practice Moderation.
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 07-09-2012, 05:35 AM
Mutant Funk Drink's Avatar
Mutant Funk Drink Mutant Funk Drink is offline
Grand Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 3,027
Thanked 1,799 Times in 1,122 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by helliotion View Post
Buy grass-fed free-range beef. Now that meat is good and definitely not digusting. Slaughterhouse meat, fuck that nasty Auschwitz beef. Not all meats are the same, remember that.
That is true. Grass-fed meat is very different, especially pork. Grass-fed pork is very different than normal pork; closer to being a red meat.
__________________
Aristophanes once wrote, roughly translated; "Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion, and he'll starve praying for a fish.
Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old 07-09-2012, 07:03 AM
CarbonBV2 CarbonBV2 is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Thanks: 0
Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts
Default Re: 15 reasons to be vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by helliotion View Post
There is NO DOUBT that meat belongs in the human diet. There is NO DOUBT that plant matter belongs in our diet. The question we should be discussing is in what proportions these foods should be ingested while keeping in mind individual genetic predispositions.

My theory though for people who turn full on vegan is that they were probably deficient in vegetables in the first place so when they increase consumption they experience positive effects but then they go too far with that idea and reduce healthy meats and over consume vegetables.

On an egotistical note, vegans are silly geese just like religious people. Will they ever learn?
I agree with pretty much everything said here. However, if the percentage of meat in our diets is comparable with other omnivores on the planet then vegans are a whole lot closer to a tailored diet than most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanick View Post
Vegan cooking annoys me, I never did adapt properly and now I just eat straight veggies, fruits, etc. because it's just so easy. Raw veganism is nice that way, but people still try to make complicated dishes in that practice as well. Who the fuck wants raw cheesecake? I eat my food raw specifically to avoid preparation

... and health benefits too, or so I'm told. Mostly I'm just lazy and healthy, I don't know that the two are so closely related though.

. . . .

Who gives a fuck if it "goes against our biological disposition" if you can be healthy doing it anyway? If you truly believe veganism is for you for any reason, and have a balanced diet that satisfies your nutritive requirements then you're fine. It's a matter of balance, and being conscious of what you put in your body and why.
Meat is essential, it helps to regulate chemicals in the brain and body. There is nothing wrong with eating meat, and most vegans have no scientific evidence for their diets. As someone pointed out earlier if their qualm is a moral one then they need to reexamine their priorities in the world. I agree though preparation is a pain in the ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helliotion View Post
Hell yea. Cooking vegetables makes very little sense, nutrients are lost and it's not like it needs to be cooked to be made digestible like meat, vegetables are already easily digested by the body. I went raw vegan once. Good times. Currently I'm leaning more toward Paleo/Primal but I make a lot of individual adaptations to it. I value Very High Vegetables, High-Moderate organic Meats/eggs/fish, and then Fruits and nuts as a snacky food. I try to keep supplementation to a minimum because ideally a diet would fulfill all nutritional needs but realistically that's not going to happen. So I use AOR Omnicore or Multibasics as a Multi-vitamin. And take a Fish oil and Vitamin D supplement because I don't eat as much fish or go outside as often as I ought to.
I am wondering though what place grains have in a human diet, Paleo says to ditch them but I'm thinking just have it on a very lose dose, an introductory dose, because I think it is the staple of the future, currently our digestive system hasn't adapted to ingest them like we do but does that mean we should cut them out completely? I think not. We need to ease it into our diets. 5% to 10% to 15%....Over the generations.





http://www.iherb.com/Advanced-Orthom...gie-Caps/33054
http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Factors...-Softgels/4251
http://www.iherb.com/Healthy-Origins...Softgels/18335
Yes bread is great but why do we need to ease grains into our diet? I can understand oatmeal but most bread is garbage. We receive everything we need from fruits, nuts, vegetables, and meat. Who cares about grains really? Might as well devote the land growing wheat to growing vegetables in my opinion. Also fuck corn too, corn can also be converted over to growing vegetables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Funk Drink View Post
That seems plausible. It's kind of like how people who start a juicing diet experience the benefits for the first few days, and then they crash and totally feel like shit because they're eating nothing but plant juice.

I have no problem with people who actually understand nutrition and want to go on a vegan diet for weight loss reasons. It is one way to do it, and I've known such people who went vegan strictly because they wanted to get skinnier. I do, however, prefer a diet that is both healthful and sustainable; if civilization collapsed, I doubt vegans could stick to their diets for very long. Outside of the comfort of the first world, I don't think it's practical.

What I do hate are the vegans who put themselves on a moral pedestal. My sister is one such person. Because she thinks that animals shouldn't be killed, she wants everyone to be vegan just like her. When we're at a gathering, she has to say "ewwww" out loud and make comments on how animal meat is disgusting. But she's a bitch all around, so it's not atypical to her personality.

I think if you've brainwashed yourself into thinking that meat is disgusting, there's something seriously wrong with you.

Like I said before, I see nothing immoral about killing animals for food so long as it is done humanely. The problem comes with the human population. Killing animals humanely, for some reason, is difficult to do en masse. Slaughter houses are like death camps because so many people need meat. The vegan argument is that if we all ate plants then all that could be avoided. But I'd argue that there's no way that all the humans on the planet earth could eat plants and be healthy. It's just as much a fantasy as the idea that we could feed the entire human population with organic farming.

Now this is more of a subjective thing, but vegan cooking is usually piss awful. Many people fool themselves into thinking that throwing a bunch of random curry and spices on to tofu and chard is good food, but the average person looks in disgust. Not that tofu can't be made to taste good, but it seems to me like most people who are vegan think they are master chefs. Though quite a few of them realize this, so they end up buying vegan food from the frozen aisle at the grocery store(hence becoming more dependent).

What's worse are the vegans who cook seitan. YUUUUCCCKKKKK. That stuff is awful.
First of all, there are tons of people who have strictly juiced for long periods of time with tons of activity with no loss of energy. I am talking 3 months here, you just don't know what you're talking about, at all. How could someone be so stupid as to talk down on vegetables? Most omnivores eat 5% meat in their diets, so if you ate let's say 6 small meals a day then in a week 2 of your 42 meals would consist of meat. Even to say that 20% of your diet is meat would be a whole hell of a lot less than most people in America eat right now. Also what the fuck are you talking about curry and the "average" person looking at it in disgust? Are you really so fucking stupid that I have to tell you to compare the population of India to North America, let alone that whole region? Go fuck yourself moron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Funk Drink View Post
That is true. Grass-fed meat is very different, especially pork. Grass-fed pork is very different than normal pork; closer to being a red meat.
Omy...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
reasons, vegan

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vegan tacos Hilary Duff Gluttons & Gourmets 3 03-15-2011 08:51 PM
Do vegan chicks swallow? Raptor Ribs Generally Speaking 37 08-19-2009 10:12 PM
being vegan? Zoksecks Carved Outta Wood 30 08-14-2009 04:15 PM
Switching from vegan to non-vegan? Saline Colors Gluttons & Gourmets 27 02-21-2009 02:05 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:57 PM.


Hot Topics
Join our Chatroom!
Users: 8
Messages/minute: 0
Topic: "Only rule: be nice or I'll cut your fucking face off, dumbshit"
Users: 27
Messages/minute: 1.6
Topic: "http://codelove.org :: Below is above in 2 codes 1 love. :: wh..."
Users: 18
Messages/minute: 5
Topic: "http://www.literotica...."
Advertisements
Your ad could go right HERE! Contact us!

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.