Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > This Just In!

Old 05-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Banned

Default Australia, US sign terror deal

Quote:
Australia and the US have signed new deals to better tackle transnational crime and terrorism.
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1...ew-terror-deal

Hooray!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Archduke

Smile Re: Australia, US sign terror deal

gotta catch them terrorizers. Even it means the government has to steal and beat all of their citizens.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Duke

Send a message via MSN to White Jesus
Default Re: Australia, US sign terror deal

Great make us a bigger target for the chinese
Old 05-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Banned

I don't know how we could be a bigger target to the Chinese.

The Chicom's have been infiltrating Australia for a long time with military spies hiding within the Asian triad gangs.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuer502gt View Post
I don't know how we could be a bigger target to the Chinese.

The Chicom's have been infiltrating Australia for a long time with military spies hiding within the Asian triad gangs.
Fair point
I dont wanna be turned into a chinaman, hopefully they'll hold off until im dead
Old 05-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Banned

We would smash them dude.

Don't worry.

If they could beat us in a war, they would try and do it overtly, instead of covertly.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Duke

Quote:

Don't worry.

If they could beat us in a war, they would try and do it overtly, instead of covertly.
Its a two pronged attack, infiltrate and then ship over 22 million troopers to take care of the rest.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Banned

Good Stuff, should go over very poorly with those liberals on msnbc
Old 05-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Baron

Quote:

Don't worry.

It's wishful thinking if you think that on our own, we'd be able to stop China they have the second largest military expenditure
Quote:
The Chinese government's published 2012 military budget is about US$106.4 billion, the second largest in the world and up about 11.2 % from 2011..
Hence why we have allies ie the USA who is #1 in military expenditure. If anyone attacked Australia they'd be suicidal. So technically we wouldn't smash them, our allies would...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militar...ublic_of_China
Old 05-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Banned

We have good technology man.

We would smash them.

Numbers don't mean that much any more.

And yeah when I wrote we I was including Uncle Sam.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painzstake View Post
It's wishful thinking if you think that on our own, we'd be able to stop China they have the second largest military expenditure Hence why we have allies ie the USA who is #1 in military expenditure. If anyone attacked Australia they'd be suicidal. So technically we wouldn't smash them, our allies would...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militar...ublic_of_China
We are the second largest arms importer in the developed world atm but yeah it still wont save us. Honestly I think the Americans would bail on our pact in a heartbeat and leave us to those slanty eyed mofos.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Baron

Quote:
We have good technology man.

We would smash them.

Numbers don't mean that much any more.

And yeah when I wrote we I was including Uncle Sam.
Yeah... not really, I've had to research this considering I'm joining. It's true that we are getting good technology (for example the joint strike fighter/tiger attack helicopters etc) but a lot of those things are only to come into effect in the coming years. More so with the coming budget pushing things further back . We also don't have huge numbers of anything either, because we simply don't have the budget of a lot of the larger countries. That being said we have what is touted by many professionals as the best infantry force in the world.

Also numbers count, to say otherwise is foolish. the same reason as to why there's weight divisions in sport fighting, you can be as technical as you like but if you are overwhelmed in strength there's not much you can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Jesus View Post
We are the second largest arms importer in the developed world atm but yeah it still wont save us. Honestly I think the Americans would bail on our pact in a heartbeat and leave us to those slanty eyed mofos.
Any sources on that? Because I'd say Germany would probably hold that behind the US considering with consideration to H&K, Sig and the rest
I'd venture to suggest that the USA would side with Australia considering we tend to share ideologies, have backed them up in every major conflict they've entered not to mention they'd face HUGE backlash from all their other allies/UN and they'd turn on them. But your probably right in saying that they 'might' hang in the wings. I'd venture to suggest they'd be right in there. If not, it would only take one of the marines in Darwin to get shot for all hell to break loose.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Duke

Quote:
Yeah... not really, I've had to research this considering I'm joining. It's true that we are getting good technology (for example the joint strike fighter/tiger attack helicopters etc) but a lot of those things are only to come into effect in the coming years. More so with the coming budget pushing things further back . We also don't have huge numbers of anything either, because we simply don't have the budget of a lot of the larger countries. That being said we have what is touted by many professionals as the best infantry force in the world.

Also numbers count, to say otherwise is foolish. the same reason as to why there's weight divisions in sport fighting, you can be as technical as you like but if you are overwhelmed in strength there's not much you can do.

Any sources on that? Because I'd say Germany would probably hold that behind the US considering with consideration to H&K, Sig and the rest
I'd venture to suggest that the USA would side with Australia considering we tend to share ideologies, have backed them up in every major conflict they've entered not to mention they'd face HUGE backlash from all their other allies/UN and they'd turn on them. But your probably right in saying that they 'might' hang in the wings. I'd venture to suggest they'd be right in there. If not, it would only take one of the marines in Darwin to get shot for all hell to break loose.
Yeah true, however it would be a problem getting US forces here rapidly to prevent the chinese zerg rush.
Oh and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_in...arms_importers
Woo, shame that filthy ranga just decided to take a decent chunk out of our defence budget so she can deliver surplus
Old 05-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Selfish Cunt

Thanked 2,391 Times in 1,641 Posts

Quote:
enjoy your PATRIOT ACT dude.

"excuse me mate! i'm just gonna have to check inside your asshole, fair dinkum?"
"I have gone through the mental exercise of spending a lifetime in prison and of dying for this cause. I have let the fear pass through me and with clarity commit myself fully to the mission and values outlined in the Silk Road charter". - DPR
Old 05-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Grander Duke

Thanked 1,385 Times in 977 Posts

I have a strong dislike for Nicola Roxon in general
Old 05-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:

You have access to publicly available information. There is no way any of the information you can google is going to show anything good or interesting so the enemy can't get any ideas on what to develop or counter.

Highly classified shit does not come out of the budget because you can't buy it on the open market.

And numbers don't count faggot.

3 guys in an army tank would destroy 500 guys with AK's.

Technology is where it's at these days.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Grander Duke

Thanked 2,962 Times in 2,051 Posts

give america an excuse to go to war with some chinese motherfuckers. just one. and itll all be over.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:57 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pat-Man View Post
give america an excuse to go to war with some chinese motherfuckers. just one. and itll all be over.
Ever considered living in a beach-side paradise? We need more yanks like you to immigrate
Old 05-05-2012, 05:41 AM
Baron

Quote:
Yeah true, however it would be a problem getting US forces here rapidly to prevent the chinese zerg rush.
Oh and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_in...arms_importers
Woo, shame that filthy ranga just decided to take a decent chunk out of our defence budget so she can deliver surplus
Realistically we'd see it coming a mile away, if they wanted do deploy any sizeable number of troops (considering satellites and all that). The 'zerg rush' as you call it would be relatively easy to counter. Considering it takes a few hours and you can have several thousand allied troops in theatre.
Quote:
You have access to publicly available information. There is no way any of the information you can google is going to show anything good or interesting so the enemy can't get any ideas on what to develop or counter.

Highly classified shit does not come out of the budget because you can't buy it on the open market.

And numbers don't count faggot.

3 guys in an army tank would destroy 500 guys with AK's.

Technology is where it's at these days.

Have you never heard of the Freedom of information act? You can get info on number of aircraft, models, cost and so on. What I'm mentioning IS generally available... Considering we make very little of our military equipment there isn't much to hide that can't be found on the net. Military tactics not so much, but even then it doesn't take a genius to figure out that if we are going to be attacked it's with near certainty going to come from the north. Hence why all the major military bases are in the north of Australia If you use your head you can piece together things...

You're also an idiot for thinking numbers don't count okay then lets say you have your one tank to defend the whole of Australia against 500 Chinese with ak's. Assuming in this scenario that these are the only forms of defence/offence. Yes your tank may be impermeable to the 7.62x39 but like everything in the military you need supplies, you can't 'live' in a tank. All they'd have to do is kill off your supplies and you'd be finished. Now you're probably going to now have some rant about how my hypothetical but realistically you'd be a fool to take on a tank head on... So you don't. You use what you have to your advantage, which in this case is numbers. The tank can't be in 500 places at the same time. So you 'divide and conquer'. That's not even getting into the fact that you also need ground troops to protect your tanks as they share a symbiotic relationship 90% of the time.

You must be trolling... Otherwise I really feel for you. Everyone knows a numerical superiority is one of the best advantages you can have.

Last edited by Painzstake; 05-08-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Realistically we'd see it coming a mile away, if they wanted do deploy any sizeable number of troops (considering satellites and all that). The 'zerg rush' as you call it would be relatively easy to counter. Considering it takes a few hours and you can have several thousand allied troops in theatre.

Have you never heard of the Freedom of information act? You can get info on number of aircraft, models, cost and so on. What I'm mentioning IS generally available... Considering we make very little of our military equipment there isn't much to hide that can't be found on the net. Military tactics not so much, but even then it doesn't take a genius to figure out that if we are going to be attacked it's with near certainty going to come from the north. Hence why all the major military bases are in the north of Australia If you use your head you can piece together things...

You're also an idiot for thinking numbers don't count okay then lets say you have your one tank to defend the whole of Australia against 300 Chinese with ak's. Assuming in this scenario that these are the only forms of defence/offence. Yes your tank may be impermeable to the 7.62x39 but like everything in the military you need supplies, you can't 'live' in a tank. All they'd have to do is kill off your supplies and you'd be finished. Now you're probably going to now have some rant about how my hypothetical but realistically you'd be a fool to take on a tank head on... So you don't. You use what you have to your advantage, which in this case is numbers. The tank can't be in 300 places at the same time. So you 'divide and conquer'. That's not even getting into the fact that you also need ground troops to protect your tanks as they share a symbiotic relationship 90% of the time.

You must be trolling... Otherwise I really feel for you. Everyone knows a numerical superiority is one of the best advantages you can have.
Australia had UAV's or drones in the 80's for forward observation or something. Did you know that, did the internet tell you that?

Numbers don't count.

Fuck off.

What the fuck does the FOIA have to do with classified and restricted material? Nothing.

FUCK OFF.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:33 AM
Grander Duke

Thanked 2,962 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Ever considered living in a beach-side paradise? We need more yanks like you to immigrate
ive considered australia as i plan on moving but it seems y'all are going down the crapper right along with the rest of the "civilized world".
Old 05-05-2012, 06:44 AM
Duke

Quote:
ive considered australia as i plan on moving but it seems y'all are going down the crapper right along with the rest of the "civilized world".
Our economy is kickin strong especially in the west, Unskilled workers can easily make 150k + a year provided you dont mind 3 weeks a month working in a dirt pit. Frankly I cant see a better place to ride out the economic uncertainty. Although thats all fucked if commodity prices crash.

This however makes everything coupled with having to import everything worthwhile in makes prices an absolute bitch so much so im used to paying 9 AUD for a pint and 1000 a month for a shitty 1 bed apartment.

Last edited by White Jesus; 05-05-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Baron

Quote:
Australia had UAV's or drones in the 80's for forward observation or something. Did you know that, did the internet tell you that?

Numbers don't count.

Fuck off.

What the fuck does the FOIA have to do with classified and restricted material? Nothing.

FUCK OFF.
I honestly have no idea where you're going with this... Are you trying to prove me wrong or something? I'm just stating the facts No I didn't know that, but from a quick google. The only involvement Australia has had in UAV's is in their scientific use with finding hurricanes. Please feel free to source however.

I'm sorry but you must be trolling... (doing a pretty piss poor effort I might add). There isn't anyway AT ALL you could change anyone with an once of common sense, that numerical superiority doesn't count. Before venturing into more 'advanced' military topics please! Get the basics down...

I would go about stating the obvious that the Freedom of information act has everything to do with classified material, as it tells you what you can and can't access. But I digress. Obviously it's apparent you WOULD be surprised how much information can be gleamed from the internet and connecting the dots...
Old 05-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Duke

Quote:
Wow!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknickns View Post
Wow!!!
The Americans probably had them a long time before that. They sent man to the moon in the 60's.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Duke

Quote:
The Americans probably had them a long time before that. They sent man to the moon in the 60's.
AMURICCA!!!

damn right
Old 05-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Baron

Quote:
We have one, if not 'the' best economy in the world? This is primarily due to the reasons outlines by White Jesus ^ Honestly there's so many foreigners that come here it's insane. Then they all hang around since it's so good (Melbourne that is ) If you've considering it I'd go, You won't regret it, unless you chose somewhere like Darwin
Quote:
Our economy is kickin strong especially in the west, Unskilled workers can easily make 150k + a year provided you dont mind 3 weeks a month working in a dirt pit. Frankly I cant see a better place to ride out the economic uncertainty. Although thats all fucked if commodity prices crash.

This however makes everything coupled with having to import everything worthwhile in makes prices an absolute bitch so much so im used to paying 9 AUD for a pint and 1000 a month for a shitty 1 bed apartment.
Heck if you don't want to go to the mines just normal jobs out in the mining towns pay out the ass because everyone has basically gone to the mines, they don't have people for ordinary jobs.

Are you working in the mines? Because if you're paying $9 for a pint in the city, you REALLY need to search for another bar. If you do some looking around you can find usually like $4-5 which is reasonable.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Duke

Quote:
We have one, if not 'the' best economy in the world? This is primarily due to the reasons outlines by White Jesus ^ Honestly there's so many foreigners that come here it's insane. Then they all hang around since it's so good (Melbourne that is ) If you've considering it I'd go, You won't regret it, unless you chose somewhere like Darwin

Heck if you don't want to go to the mines just normal jobs out in the mining towns pay out the ass because everyone has basically gone to the mines, they don't have people for ordinary jobs.

Are you working in the mines? Because if you're paying $9 for a pint in the city, you REALLY need to search for another bar. If you do some looking around you can find usually like $4-5 which is reasonable.
Around 7 - 10 is what i expect to pay per pint and thats standard pretty much everywhere I go drinkin. Im on the west and we get rooted on prices worse then anywhere else. I'm not working on the mines but you can be your sweet ass im gonna use my degree once i earn it to work in the white collar support industries for the mines. Theres real sweet cash there.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:46 AM
Duke

Quote:
Fair point
I dont wanna be turned into a chinaman, hopefully they'll hold off until im dead
Yeah just like how the Russians invaded us in the 80's

...oh wait

The government is the enemy there the same as here. Once it's overthrown then you may have to worry about the chinese/whoever trying to come in but the government is on the same team. At that point the chinese will be a more formidable opponent than our governments were just because of their numbers. For now though you're just supposed to buy more of their cheap shit while the government keeps allowing businesses to send them all of your jobs.