Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Neurons & Needles

Old 05-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Knight

Default Enjoying dysfunction

I'm bipolar (95% depressed) and currently my phases are "in remission" and I'm using significantly less benzos than i used to, so I finally feel naturally happy while I'm sober. I'm getting my life 'on track' and everyone around me is happy for me.

Yet behind all this I feel like I prefer to feel miserable/abnormal. I find myself wishing I could run away, live off of the grid and continue being depressed. It's like things need to be in constant fluctuation for me to be comfortable despite hating change.

All of my thoughts seem so contradicting. So, anyone else enjoy dysfunction or just have something puzzling you on your mind?
Old 05-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Thanked 3,178 Times in 2,084 Posts
Default Re: Enjoying dysfunction

How would you like to come live in my basement as a sex slave? I'll give you some misery you won't believe.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:26 AM
Archduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetakishi View Post
I'm bipolar (95% depressed) and currently my phases are "in remission" and I'm using significantly less benzos than i used to, so I finally feel naturally happy while I'm sober. I'm getting my life 'on track' and everyone around me is happy for me.

Yet behind all this I feel like I prefer to feel miserable/abnormal. I find myself wishing I could run away, live off of the grid and continue being depressed. It's like things need to be in constant fluctuation for me to be comfortable despite hating change.

All of my thoughts seem so contradicting. So, anyone else enjoy dysfunction or just have something puzzling you on your mind?
Yep it sucks. It's like when you finally have some motivation to do something, you take a few baby steps outside your comfort zone, your mind is scared of all the change and instantly your back into step 1, where it's a safe world that you love and hate.

There's no quick-fix man. Nobody can help you with this except yourself, sure people can chip in a bit for you, but not be there for you 24/7 living your life.

eventually you'll grow out of it for one reason or another... just hope you're not to late into the years by then.

There you go that's why nearly 20% of Americans are "depressed" it's their mind creating an excuse to rationalize they're own pathetic laziness.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Knight

God damn that sounds hot. Too bad I dont like staying in one place for too long..

Edit: Was replying to jflc.

I dunno. I do feel genuinely happy when i have a plan that involves working AND hopping from place to place (moving) so i don't think its the "american laziness" justification. As a matter of fact I kind of enjoy working.

Last edited by Thetakishi; 05-05-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Igor Deckman

Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,828 Posts

When I had depression, during my "remission" I thought the exact same things. Being depressed just seemed more interesting and fun.

What you have to realize is that these thoughts are bullshit - kind of. Keep pushing through, and try to become mentally healthy. Once you've done that, endulge yourself in philosophy and "depressing" art. You'll have the same values and ideas as a depressed person, but you won't actually be depressed yourself. I hope that makes sense.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Thetakishi (05-05-2012)
Old 05-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Thanked 3,178 Times in 2,084 Posts

Quote:
God damn that sounds hot. Too bad I dont like staying in one place for too long..
I suppose I could take you out in to the backyard on your leash and chain you to the clothesline (at night). The weather is superb -- hot and humid in the summer and frigidly cold in the winter. Just the right environment for me to whip your ass in. It'll fit like a glove around your bi-polar psychology.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim "fuck latinos" Carrey View Post
I suppose I could take you out in to the backyard on your leash and chain you to the clothesline (at night). The weather is superb -- hot and humid in the summer and frigidly cold in the winter. Just the right environment for me to whip your ass in. It'll fit like a glove around your bi-polar psychology.
Well god damn, sounds like all of my problems are solved now. I live in Texas so I'm used to hot and humid, and I do enjoy the freezing cold. Now you're adding in whipping. Thanks Jim. You saved the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderstar View Post
When I had depression, during my "remission" I thought the exact same things. Being depressed just seemed more interesting and fun.

What you have to realize is that these thoughts are bullshit - kind of. Keep pushing through, and try to become mentally healthy. Once you've done that, endulge yourself in philosophy and "depressing" art. You'll have the same values and ideas as a depressed person, but you won't actually be depressed yourself. I hope that makes sense.
It does, and I appreciate the input. You are spot on with how I feel. That's actually pretty much along the lines of what I'm doing right now. The philosophy and art (mostly music) helps me maintain my 'depressive realism' without going overboard and becoming depressed again.

Last edited by Thetakishi; 05-05-2012 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Sound like a tool.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Duke

Quote:

Old 05-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Duke

Congrats, want a fucking medal?

I'm similar.

How I do cope?

Vodka.

Straight vodka. Slam that shit down as many nights as possible.

Can't afford it?

Steal it, bitch.

Don't know how?

Find a way.

You can, trust me, *IF* you desperate enough.

Challenge accepted mate?
Old 05-07-2012, 01:23 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by STD View Post
Congrats, want a fucking medal?

I'm similar.

How I do cope?

Vodka.

Straight vodka. Slam that shit down as many nights as possible.

Can't afford it?

Steal it, bitch.

Don't know how?

Find a way.

You can, trust me, *IF* you desperate enough.

Challenge accepted mate?
Nah I don't want a medal. I'll take that challenge though! It's already in progress except it's opiates! How are your escapades coming?
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
STD (05-07-2012)
Old 05-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Duke

Quote:
Nah I don't want a medal. I'll take that challenge though! It's already in progress except it's opiates! How are your escapades coming?
As of right now, half a bottle through