Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 05-05-2012, 06:53 AM
Serf

Lightbulb Passport Scans

So today my less than reputable friend picked up an unattended laptop at the local library. He showed me and its a sweet Vaio and the best thing about it is that there is no password on it. He said he was in a hurry and couldn't pick up the recharger but thats ok since we have heaps

So while he was looking through it he found some passport scans in some of the documents of about 2 or 3 people (Malaysians) and a few tenancy documents for flatting in this city. He also found a document detailing nearly everything about the person who used to own the laptop.

My friend was wondering what kind of mischief he can get up to with the passport scans? He was hoping to open a few bank accounts in that name, rack up some loans and cashout. Is it possible to open bank accounts without actually turning up at all through the process? My friend is really good at forging signatures, confident over the phone and has a few good excuses if they need him to physically turn up to the bank.

Unfortunately the passport holders are young women (early 20's) but my friend said that he could fake being her brother and say that he needs to do it on behalf of her because she is sick/on holiday.

My friend would appreciate any advice Zoklet has!
Old 05-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Archduke

Default Re: Passport Scans

To open a bank account, a person needs a SSN+DOB. It can be done completely online.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Serf

I forgot to mention my friend is in New Zealand they don't have a ssn, it appears that the way to open bank accounts is very similar to Australia.

He says he will try for you guys over the next couple of days and report back.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:15 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBeast View Post
So today my less than reputable friend picked up an unattended laptop at the local library. He showed me and its a sweet Vaio and the best thing about it is that there is no password on it. He said he was in a hurry and couldn't pick up the recharger but thats ok since we have heaps

So while he was looking through it he found some passport scans in some of the documents of about 2 or 3 people (Malaysians) and a few tenancy documents for flatting in this city. He also found a document detailing nearly everything about the person who used to own the laptop.

My friend was wondering what kind of mischief he can get up to with the passport scans? He was hoping to open a few bank accounts in that name, rack up some loans and cashout. Is it possible to open bank accounts without actually turning up at all through the process? My friend is really good at forging signatures, confident over the phone and has a few good excuses if they need him to physically turn up to the bank.

Unfortunately the passport holders are young women (early 20's) but my friend said that he could fake being her brother and say that he needs to do it on behalf of her because she is sick/on holiday.

My friend would appreciate any advice Zoklet has!
Open a poker account in his idendity to launder da moneyz?
Old 05-06-2012, 01:21 AM
Selfish Cunt

Thanked 2,391 Times in 1,641 Posts

jesus fucking christ mate, what you gonna do, walk into a bank to open an account with some fucking printed off A4 copies of someones passport as ID???

do you seriously think that's gonna work ffs?
"I have gone through the mental exercise of spending a lifetime in prison and of dying for this cause. I have let the fear pass through me and with clarity commit myself fully to the mission and values outlined in the Silk Road charter". - DPR
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
da teacha (05-06-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 01:34 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by is all mememememe with me View Post

jesus fucking christ mate, what you gonna do, walk into a bank to open an account with some fucking printed off A4 copies of someones passport as ID???

do you seriously think that's gonna work ffs?
Best post all year.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:13 AM
Serf

My friend would like to thank you all for your help and he would like to ask to keep those ideas flowing! Upon further inspection he found more Malaysian passports and information, one of them is a guy which made my friend very happy because if he has receive a phone call it is a lot easier to pretend being a guy than some girl's brother or some other bull.