Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Entertainment > TV and Movies

Old 05-05-2012, 06:08 PM
PROOTS

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,531 Posts
Default Re: Season 1 Lost, What I've learnded so far:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonsmoke View Post
You keep saying that. It wasn't. It was a huge disappointment because the writers kept rebuffing every fan's guess as being far from the truth. The writers were on an esoteric high horse about the plot, frequently claiming 'all will be revealed in the end'.
All was revealed in the end. They wrapped everything up.

Quote:
In reality, the myth was bigger than the show. There was no sense of closure and, ultimately, they fell back on one of the worst cases of deus ex machina in modern television - it was all a fucking dream. That's so cheap.
Once again, you misinterpreted it. It was not a dream. You either didn't watch the whole series and got second hand information about it's ending, or you're grossly misinterpreting what went on during the show and it's ending.

Quote:
With regards to the show being camp, it wasn't. The show, and indeed the characters, took everything seriously. This goes against the notion of camp, as camp implies a sense of self-awareness. A knowing nod to the audience, if you will.
The show doesn't take itself seriously. Like I said before, there was plenty of ongoing jokes - characters breaking the 4th wall and talking to the audience and ridiculing the plot and things that went on.

The show didn't take itself too seriously at all. You took it too seriously.

Quote:
If my memory serves me correctly, Lost was originally penned as a three series show - then, due to the show's success, the producers bumped it to six series. This presents obvious issues for the writers in terms of plot, character, and keeping their audience interested. It seems the writers opted for the let's keep adding bizarre and enigmatic cliff hangers to keep fucking with our audience's perceptions.
It's another case of a show being more about the money it makes, rather than the quality of each individual episode.
A lot of writing is an organic process. You have an idea in your head and it grows and grows. Lots of writers do that, famous and otherwise.

If the show was just about making money, then they would have kept going on and on and on until the ratings could no longer justify airing it. They would have collected their money tenfold.

Instead, they clearly stated during season 3 - not even the peak of the shows success - that they had ever intention of making it a 6 season series, with a definite end.

Quote:
This is how Lost should have ended:
Please stop posting spoilers in a thread someone created who clearly hasn't seen the whole series. It's petty and vindictive. I mean, I'm sorry man - but the fact you didn't dig the show is perfectly fine. But posting anything that pertains to the ending of a show someone hasn't seen is a real low blow.

Quote:
Now, for those who want to watch shows with class, here's a fucking list:

The Wire (fucking obviously)
Homeland
The Sopranos
Boardwalk Empire
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Mad Men
Spartacus (it might not have class, but it's got lots of sex and violence)
Rome

/thread
Those are all great shows. I fail to see how naming other great shows applies to well...anything? This is a thread about "Lost". Not "What should I watch besides Lost" or "What shows are better than Lost".

"The Wire" is a must watch for anybody. All the other shows you mentioned were top notch, too. Even though, I haven't seen Rome or Spartacus. Regardless, there's a lot of polarity when it comes to "Lost" you either really enjoyed it, or really hated it. I don't think there was much in between with viewers.

Last edited by Proots; 05-05-2012 at 06:21 PM.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Benjamin Linus (05-05-2012)
Old 05-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Baron

Heart Re: Season 1 Lost, What I've learnded so far:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proots View Post
You're right, it was a real hoot.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:23 PM
PROOTS

Quote:
You're right, it was a real hoot.

I'll be here all week. Let me know when you change your mind.

ALSO - what a cop out. Way to hold your ground / stick to your opinions and back up your argument. DISAPPOINTING.

Last edited by Proots; 05-05-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Baron

Thumbs Down Re: Season 1 Lost, What I've learnded so far:

Quote:
I'll be here all week. Let me know when you change your mind.

ALSO - what a cop out. Way to hold your ground / stick to your opinions and back up your argument. DISAPPOINTING.

I've made my points perfectly clear. What's the point in repeating myself? The first series of Lost had promise; all further series failed to live up to expectations.

It's great if you think it's all lovey dovey camp, with tons of in-jokes, broken 4th walls, and other spurious bollocks, but the simple fact is that Lost wasn't nearly as clever as it thought it was. After seeing every episode I was left feeling like I'd wasted numerous hours of my life.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:29 PM
PROOTS

Quote:

I've made my points perfectly clear. What's the point in repeating myself? The first series of Lost had promise; all further series failed to live up to expectations.

It's great if you think it's all lovey dovey camp, with tons of in-jokes, broken 4th walls, and other spurious bollocks, but the simple fact is that Lost wasn't nearly as clever as it thought it was. After seeing every episode I was left feeling like I'd wasted numerous hours of my life.
If you didn't like it, you didn't like it. That much is fine. What isn't fine is saying things that simply aren't true.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Duke

If a group of fans got together and redid the last season with their own ideas it would probably better than the original shit.

That being said, when you get to the last episode before the last season watch it then create your own ending.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:18 PM
PROOTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredByMe View Post
If a group of fans got together and redid the last season with their own ideas it would probably better than the original shit.

That being said, when you get to the last episode before the last season watch it then create your own ending.
If you are going to go that far - then, I say end it with season 5. I loved season 1 through 5. 6 wasn't what I expected, which - doesn't make it bad per say, I just didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I enjoyed the others.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Grand Duke

Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,189 Posts

You forgot Jersey Shore.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:24 PM
PROOTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by komokazi View Post
You forgot Jersey Shore.
What do you mean, proots?
Old 05-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Acolyte

Thanked 1,902 Times in 1,445 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to constantinople Send a message via AIM to constantinople Send a message via MSN to constantinople Send a message via Yahoo to constantinople

I'm enjoying Lost, Proots. Fuck the haters.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:53 PM
PROOTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.PAPADROPADOCALOPALIS View Post
I'm enjoying Lost, Proots. Fuck the haters.

Good keep at it. I hope you have fun. I think, what makes people so divided - is the simple fact that you can theorize about what's going to happen next, okay? No matter what you come up with, no matter how much sense it makes or how plausible it seems - I can guarantee you that's not what ends up happening.

Some people find that fact refreshing and some people find that to be weak or a major cop out.

I for one, find it extremely lulzy. The best part of the show is watching Jack struggling to get a grip with himself and the events going on around him - only to get clowned on again and again. It's awesome. I love how despite the good points, it seems like the Island's entire purpose is to troll Jack.
Benjamin Linus (05-05-2012)
Old 05-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Acolyte

Send a message via ICQ to constantinople Send a message via AIM to constantinople Send a message via MSN to constantinople Send a message via Yahoo to constantinople

Quote:
Good keep at it. I hope you have fun. I think, what makes people so divided - is the simple fact that you can theorize about what's going to happen next, okay? No matter what you come up with, no matter how much sense it makes or how plausible it seems - I can guarantee you that's not what ends up happening.

Some people find that fact refreshing and some people find that to be weak or a major cop out.

I for one, find it extremely lulzy. The best part of the show is watching Jack struggling to get a grip with himself and the events going on around him - only to get clowned on again and again. It's awesome. I love how despite the good points, it seems like the Island's entire purpose is to troll Jack.

Yeah, Jack was numpty and pushed the button, when he should have counter-trolled and never pushed the button to begin with at the beginning of Season 2. His inability to accept that shit is no longer the "real world" makes him just so susceptible to being confused as fuck.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:31 PM
PROOTS

Quote:
Yeah, Jack was numpty and pushed the button, when he should have counter-trolled and never pushed the button to begin with at the beginning of Season 2. His inability to accept that shit is no longer the "real world" makes him just so susceptible to being confused as fuck.
I liked it when, Locke was getting all up in Jack's shit about faith and pushing the button and Jack is like, trying to get Locke to see the light and they're both bickering about pushing the button and getting all heated and dramatic and shit - and Sayid is just standing there listening to them spout their rhetoric - and he's just like :

"This argument is irrelevant." and attempts to push the button himself.

But, yeah - it's funny that as a spinal surgeon Jack is probably one of the most intelligent people who survived the crash, but like - he has no clue about the Island or anything that's going on and he kind of just bumbles from one event to the next. The Island goes out of it's way to fuck with him.

Last edited by Proots; 05-05-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pee Vee Proots, M.D. View Post
Saying something isn't stupid because it's popular or makes a lot of money is the most ludicrous fallacy ever. Most people are stupid. You are a prime example. LOL but of course you're jumping to the defense of this utter shit, you loved it so much you named yourself after one of the characters. The show sucked. Get over it.

inb4"OMG U JUST DIDNT GET IT, MAN" or something like that.
Well, you're an idiot. Also, you just didn't get it. Idiot.

Quote:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Great post. Fuck'n 15/10.

Last edited by Benjamin Linus; 05-06-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:28 AM
Acolyte

Sayeed is kind of a pussy for a republican guard. it seems like he's always getting punched in the face and shit.

in fact, i think someone gets punched in the face at least once an episode.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:34 AM
Selfish Cunt

Thanked 2,392 Times in 1,641 Posts

i thought the best scene in lost was the one when they were carrying the dynamite back to open the hatch and that old guy said to the others 'be careful, one false move can cause it to explode'. and the fucking second he said it he blew up in front of their eyes.
"I have gone through the mental exercise of spending a lifetime in prison and of dying for this cause. I have let the fear pass through me and with clarity commit myself fully to the mission and values outlined in the Silk Road charter". - DPR
Old 05-06-2012, 03:36 AM
PROOTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by is all mememememe with me View Post
i thought the best scene in lost was the one when they were carrying the dynamite back to open the hatch and that old guy said to the others 'be careful, one false move can cause it to explode'. and the fucking second he said it he blew up in front of their eyes.
That was lulzy, too. There are a couple incidents like that, that were worth a few laughs.

Also, careful on the spoilers, my man. The doctor hasn't seen the whole show yet!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Acolyte

They are showing the "other 48 days" S02E07
Old 05-06-2012, 09:23 PM
PROOTS

Quote:
They are showing the "other 48 days" S02E07
That's an okay episode. It's basically showing the tail end survivors running around all confused and shit, not unlike the other survivors we know and love.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
That's an okay episode. It's basically showing the tail end survivors running around all confused and shit, not unlike the other survivors we know and love.
Yeah. Wow they all really suck, except for the Boss Negro. He's chill.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:24 PM
PROOTS

Quote:
Yeah. Wow they all really suck, except for the Boss Negro. He's chill.
Hahahaha, Boss Negro. Yeah - he's probably one of my favorite new characters. You just don't fuck with him. How...how do you feel about the...the smoke monster?
Old 05-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Acolyte

They really suck fat dicks at torturing people on this show.

Last edited by constantinople; 05-08-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:04 PM
PROOTS

Quote:
They really suck fat dicks at torturing people on this show.
Is SAYID interrogating Henry Gale?
Old 05-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Is SAYID interrogating Henry Gale?
I'm on S02E19, so yeah.

Lol...poor Hurley. He doesn't have self-esteem for shit, and he's worth almost 1.5mil. Yet, only in his dreams could he bag a moderately-pretty ex-nutter.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Marquis

It started well and got gradually worse., just like a lot of TV shows.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:40 PM
PROOTS

Tell us, Dr. Papadropadocalopalis - what else have you learned?
Old 05-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Tell us, Dr. Papadropadocalopalis - what else have you learned?
Don't gesticulate wildly with a stick of unstable nitro glycerin.
Benjamin Linus (05-10-2012)
Old 05-10-2012, 08:49 PM
PROOTS

Quote:
Don't gesticulate wildly with a stick of unstable nitro glycerin.
There's lots of lulzy moments like that. There's like - some serious and intense shit going on and out of the blue someone gets shot or blows up for the .
Old 05-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Acolyte

I've learned that even if your life was complete shit, it's some how preferable to living on an island paradise full of adventure and mystery.

Call me crazy, but being Lost on the island sounds fucking awesome. It's like living a science fiction novel.

Last edited by constantinople; 05-10-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:03 AM
PROOTS

Quote:
I've learned that even if your life was complete shit, it's some how preferable to living on an island paradise full of adventure and mystery.

Call me crazy, but being Lost on the island sounds fucking awesome. It's like living a science fiction novel.
Believe me. What I wouldn't give to be on that island there with them. But, the Island brought them there for a reason. The Island has a will of it's OWN. It has it's own plans.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Wealthy Merchant

OMG, just shut the fuck up already
Old 05-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex chilton View Post
OMG, just shut the fuck up already
Break yourself.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Acolyte

YOu know.....maybe I'm fucked in the head, but if your captors are going to bargain with you and shit "will you please put this bag over your head" and what not...

why not bargain back? Be like...

"yeah, okay. You know what, I will put that bag over my head, and cooperate, but first.....I want to punch you in the face. I won't try and escape, I won't run, I won't continue punching you. Just let me punch you directly in the center of your face as hard as I can, and then we can go about our day with all the bags over our head we want."

Because if they REALLY need you to do something, they would have to pay the price sooner or later because shit would HAVE to get done.

Oh you need a spinal surgery? Let me clout you in the head with a 2x4 first, then I'll operate on you. And I'll do something about your concussion, because I'm a nice guy. And reasonable.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Acolyte

In fact, it's more than reasonable. A surgery like that would probably cost close to a hundred thousand dollars without insurance. And all Jack charges is gettin hit wiv a bat.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:44 PM
PROOTS

Do you like how they're playing mind games with Jack and fucking on him, just to make him do the surgery? I hope you like season 3. Season 3 gets down with the Others. Personally, I thought season 4 and 5 were the best. Season 4 was intense and action packed - and season 5 does a really good job of threading everything together, mysteries and otherwise.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Facepalm Re: Season 1 Lost, What I've learnded so far:

Quote:
Believe me. What I wouldn't give to be on that island there with them. But, the Island brought them there for a reason. The Island has a will of it's OWN. It has it's own plans.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Do you like how they're playing mind games with Jack and fucking on him, just to make him do the surgery? I hope you like season 3. Season 3 gets down with the Others. Personally, I thought season 4 and 5 were the best. Season 4 was intense and action packed - and season 5 does a really good job of threading everything together, mysteries and otherwise.
Yeah I'm very much enjoying Season 3.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:43 PM
Acolyte

It's so hard to tell what is actually going to happen and what isn't. Everyone be triple and quadruple crossing.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:18 PM
PROOTS

Quote:
It's so hard to tell what is actually going to happen and what isn't. Everyone be triple and quadruple crossing.
I assure you that despite this fact, quite a few things will remain consistent :

1. Jack will continue to get clowned on for the duration of the show.

2. The Island, in it's omnipotent and all grasping power will continue to do things, leaving it's motives for the most part, entirely unclear.

3. "Henry Gale" will dick on people.

4. Richard Alpert. Enough said.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Acolyte

This is Jacob, John. Can't you see him?

lol'd.