Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 05-06-2012, 12:38 AM
A Light Shining in Darkness

Thanked 1,168 Times in 858 Posts
Grin Nootropics

I have been thinking about getting into nootropics recently. Anyone care to share their experiences with these types of drugs? Any advice is welcome.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:42 AM
Count

Default Re: Nootropics

I've dabbled in a few different kinds: piracetam, pramiracetam, oxiracetam, aniracetam. (Always with some kind of choline supplement).

But I don't know how to tell if they're doing anything, lol.

I sometimes feel a little bit "smarter," but that could so easily just be placebo.

Interestingly, though, one thing I've noticed is that I tend not to experience as much alcohol/benzo-induced amnesia when I'm on nootropics. I can't make any definitive connection between the two, but it seems like something may be happening here.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:09 AM
Broodingly Rational

Thanked 3,184 Times in 1,887 Posts

I'd recommend a forum search; we've had some pretty great nootropic threads over the years.

I, personally, have noticed significant gain from 2g piracetam daily. Mental acuity is heightened, anxiety is lowered, you feel pretty good and confident.

Certainly not a placebo, though different -racetams work better for some than others. I highly recommend piracetam. No particularyl negative side effects even with doses exceeding 5g a day.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:52 AM
Grandest Duke

Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,563 Posts

One day they'll start babies
On racetams
While they're kicking
Back cooing
Laying in their prams

(probably start them off on pramiracetam)

I started off on pira, but soon hit the harder stuff. Actually just pira for a year, then while searching I saw Noopept and how it's sold over the counter in Russia. I scored a couple of grams of Noop for $40 and at 20mg/day it's lasted 2 months. Pira is cheaper but you take way more.

There's so damn many racetams (someone probably made a new one today) I'm taking Pira/Ani/Noop.

Look around the zoklet on the net there are a enough sites about noots that you'll be spending $10/day in no time.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:22 AM
Baron

Thinking about starting Noopept and Piracetam soon. Idk what to believe with all of these mixed comments about all of these things.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:51 AM
Grandest Duke

Comments sure are mixed. I guess the only way is to try some out and form your own opinion.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Serf

I personally believe that a lot of the non responders from piracetam simply can't tell. People in general don't really seem to pay attention to how they feel, if they're having a bad day or coming down from something they get pissed off and seem incapable of realising that they are just in a bad mood. I however feel rage towards people but realise that it isn't warranted so I don't act upon it. I can easily tell when I eat a shitty diet or if I even looked at alcohol in the past 24 hours.
Also people that don't do anything that requires intelligence probably aren't going to notice. How much of a boost are you expecting? Would you notice even a 5% increase in intelligence?
One of my friends is studying something that is way below him (intellect wise) and he noticed nothing, which makes sense. He then goes on to say how amphetamines are way better. I believe that for him and a lot of people intelligence is not the limiting factor... laziness is. They seem to think that it's really easy for "smart people" to study and learn and whatnot.
That said though non responders certainly exist and people do experience different effects/efficacy from different noots. Make sure you experiment plenty with different doses/combos (esp considering the bell shaped dose-response curve).

I take 200mg piracetam and 100mg aniracetam twice a day, approximately 5 hours apart. I take a shitload of choline bitartrate with them. I definately need the choline... get massive headaches and become retarded if I don't. There is not doubt in my mind that I am a little smarter from these. I am studying engineering at the moment so I have a good way to analyse/test myself. My thoughts "feel" better, they flow easier. This alone is worth it to me. I am also in a slightly elevated mood. I have a little more energy and motivation. Life is honestly better.
I have not noticed any increase in creativity, although I use creativity very little/am not creative at all. It also makes my spelling slightly worse, similar to what I experience the day after weed, which is unusual but doesn't really bother me (most people report the opposite).

I have heard that fish oil is necessary for piracetam to work (crappy source) but I do take 15mls of fish oil and 20mls of flaxseed oil per day.
They absolutely do not work if I drink the night before (even a little), smoke tobacco, weed, or take excess caffeine.

tl;dr If I could go back in time and give myself nootropics I would.

P.S. I am very interested in experiences with noopept or nefiracetam.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Serf

As far as experiencing nootropics, I have used Vinpocetine, DMAE, Racetams, and Cholinergics (specifically Alpha GPC).

I wasn't receiving too many results with the Vinpocetine unfortunately, but I was able to receive a slight form of focus with the DMAE.

The results that were experienced significantly was from the use of Racetams and 2nd would come the Cholinergics.

I was first intaking Piracetam for 4-5 months and the results led to enhanced innovative and creative thought processes. I did use the source of Oxiracetam as well, but it was not a lot different so I discontinued the use after my supply was empty. However Aniracetam has benefited me in the sense of enhancing concentration and focus together. I believe Aniracetam has been synergistic with my use of Piracetam. They both enable me to reach a state of concentration and focus more effectively and clearly. My thought processes are more clear and concentrated during the first 3 hours of both substances half-life. Some can argue that small amounts of Piracetam and Aniracetam don't have the significant effect as compared to intaking higher doses. Honestly I have used double of what doses I intake now and do not notice much of a difference.

I regularly intake:
4,800 mg of Piracetam as Neuro-Boost
1,500 mg of Aniracetam as Neuro-Wave
900 mg Guarana Seed Extract as Guarana Energizer

Guarana Seed Extract is not a nootropic, but it does give me an extra kick as a natural source of energy. I prefer this over a cup of coffee any time and time and it is much more effective.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:12 AM
Haiti's Forum Agency

Thanked 2,569 Times in 1,832 Posts

What dose would yall reccomend for an elderly woman? the gram a day dose or lower because shes old or what/
Old 08-14-2012, 08:58 AM
Grandest Duke

Often response to drugs is different in older people and I imagine nootropics act differently too. Racetams are pretty benign for me, but I think it was aniracetam (?) was bad (?) for a certain cancer.

There are a number of others that have been used with the elderly for brain polishing. Pira/noopept/centrophenoxine (super-charged dmae)/picamilon/agmantine and Maca seems to perk me up.

Every time I wander through noot-sites I find another damn new one. Can't do them all.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Marquis

You know you can rewire your brain?

You know you will never be the same?

Here are some examples:

Smoking builds new brain cells such as cholinergenic cells and dopamine cells. It is also a MAOI. You could use a nicotine patch.

PTSD changes brain structure permanently and has you with elevated levels of dopamine, noradrenaline etc for life.

Why would you bother?

You will never be the same again.

Also you can get men in suits after you if you go on a real rewiring experience. That is true, artificial intelligence of that nature is not for civilians like us. We are not working on high intelligence projects, and I mean higher than what a PHD biomedical student would be working on.

Racetams are good for you I guess, and relatively benign with no real consequence to your permanent functioning.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Haiti's Forum Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Cornwell View Post
Often response to drugs is different in older people and I imagine nootropics act differently too. Racetams are pretty benign for me, but I think it was aniracetam (?) was bad (?) for a certain cancer.

There are a number of others that have been used with the elderly for brain polishing. Pira/noopept/centrophenoxine (super-charged dmae)/picamilon/agmantine and Maca seems to perk me up.

Every time I wander through noot-sites I find another damn new one. Can't do them all.
in this case its pirac
Old 08-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Grandest Duke

I was so pumped to get my 1st pira that I forgot all that I read and took 6g (though some people take that much a lot) and I did fine. Usually take three once a day.

She should be alright taking 1 in the morning and even another in the afternoon. Though it can make you a bit hyper, so it don't pay to take it too late.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:12 AM
Procrastination Expert

I'm currently taking piracetam. I think it works but it's hardly noticeable, it seems to me that I am more clear headed and less prone to anxiety though. I don't have a proper scale so I've been taking random scoops of the stuff for the past 3 weeks or so.

It tastes like shit
Old 08-18-2012, 01:49 AM
Grandest Duke

I just put any noots right on my tongue and wash them down with whatever I'm drinking.

It pays to not only brush your teeth but to also your tongue after. Noots tend to really stick on the tongue.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:54 AM
Knight

What's the best racetam fellas?
Old 08-18-2012, 02:10 AM
Haiti's Forum Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Creator of Life View Post
What's the best racetam fellas?
i think they're all about the same mate
Old 08-18-2012, 02:24 AM
Grandest Duke

There are differences.

Noopept is my #1.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:34 AM
Procrastination Expert

Quote:
I just put any noots right on my tongue and wash them down with whatever I'm drinking.

It pays to not only brush your teeth but to also your tongue after. Noots tend to really stick on the tongue.
That's what I do.

Horrible taste really does the trick to get you to wake up in the AM
Old 08-18-2012, 02:34 AM
Haiti's Forum Agency

Quote:
There are differences.

Noopept is my #1.
now that stuff tastes like shit but luckily doses are only in the mgs instead of gs
Sir Cornwell (08-18-2012)
Old 08-18-2012, 02:39 AM
Grandest Duke

I don't really find the initial taste that bad, it's the lingering weirdness on my tongue that gets me.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:43 AM
Knight

Quote:
There are differences.

Noopept is my #1.
care to post a reliable vendor? Where do you get it??
Old 08-18-2012, 02:49 AM
Grandest Duke

Ebay, I just go for high rated sellers.

Using www.NootraBioLabs.com now.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Baron

Quote:
Ebay, I just go for high rated sellers.

Using www.NootraBioLabs.com now.
I've gotten quality oxiracetam from them before.
Sir Cornwell (08-18-2012)
Old 08-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Grandest Duke

Quality shit there.

Though just like all the other useful/valuable shit we use that's made in China, I wish more was made over here.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Haiti's Forum Agency

Become the change you seek - Bob Marley
Old 08-22-2012, 08:32 AM
Marquis

Quote:
Taking over from evolution: how technology could enhance humanity
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1...ology-could-en
Old 08-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Wealthy Merchant

I take 2400 mg aniracetam daily. I was very pleased and surprised to find out that it actually fucking works, so I would definitely recommend it to you.
I started with piracetam in 2008, from what I can recall, it modestly improved my visual memory but even at 4000 mg it wasn't much more effective than a red bull after a good sleep.

Aniracetam however (at least for me), is very good for learning large quantities of related pieces of information, my memory of equations in particular is excellent.
Cognitively, my problem-solving ability is slightly increased, but nothing to be enthusiastic about. eg. I can remember the Rayleigh-Plesset equation vividly but it still takes me about an hour to apply it to a problem.
Aniracetam also had some unexpected side-effects for me. When taken just before drinking alcohol, I find I have the same level of awareness as when I'm sober but the mood-enhancement and shit coordination remain. It also boosted my confidence and made me very open with people.
Speaking from experience, do not take aniracetam with alcohol.

I also find that doses higher than 3000 mg makes me feel foggy and nauseated. While you can probably down in excess of 10 grams of the stuff with no lasting damage, I wouldn't advise going past your experimentally-determined ideal quantity.

Oxiracetam, supposedly more potent than aniracetam, had about the same effect as piracetam for me. So I stopped using it. I haven't tried pramiracetam yet, but I am quite confident the claims of one racetam being "20 times better" than the other are bullshit.
Sulbutiamine was another one I tried, it works well synergistically with aniracetam, but on its own just makes me feel well-rested for a couple of hours.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:18 AM
iLumminati Puppt in a box

Thanked 3,283 Times in 2,270 Posts

It's all about ergoloid
Old 08-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Duke

I'm currently on Noopept, and have been for 21 days.
So far it works fine.

I have noticed the following effects, some of which could be placebo.

The fourth day of taking the pills i started to feel clear in the head.
Increased awareness of surroundings - Notice a lot more of whats going on around me.
More interest in being active - Gotta do stuff, preferably with other people.
A small improvement in overall memory - Confirmed with regular IQ/Memory tests.
Haven't had any anxiety attacks since i started.
Easier to stay focused on the task at hand.
Easier to find the right words when communicating - Mumble less.
Language skills are slightly improved - I find myself using larger words.

Noticed some side effects as well, but i can't say for sure if they are related.

Slightly disturbed sleeping pattern.
Sometimes i experience light headaches.
Sometimes i kinda doze off, or just sit and stare into the air with a completely empty mind. I find this to be kinda weird but pretty relaxing.

Its only been 21 days though. Hopefully its not done doing its magic.

Last edited by Xlite; 08-22-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Wealthy Merchant

One major thing that I have heard over and over is this specific benefit.

It really, really helps prevent jet lag. You reset your sleep cycle almost immediately instead of feeling like garbage for a few days.

I'll have to try getting smarter one day. I'm sure there have been studies on this for sure? http://www.erowid.org/smarts/smarts_faq.shtml seems to reference a lot of different studies on the topic. Comments?
Old 08-24-2012, 04:16 AM
Baron

SIdt, how do you take your aniracetam? Do you take it with a meal, with olive oil, or just water? I haven't been able to get a decent effect from it, but contrary to you I was able to get a great effect from oxiracetam.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:07 AM
Haiti's Forum Agency

started taking ocircatam yesterday, so far i've noticed

-0 anxiety
-24/7 euphoria
-6 pack abs
-promotion and raise at work
NamelessNom4d (08-25-2012)
Old 08-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Procrastination Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiti's space agency View Post
started taking ocircatam yesterday, so far i've noticed

-0 anxiety
-24/7 euphoria
-6 pack abs
-promotion and raise at work
noice brah where can i get this magical drug
Old 09-28-2012, 01:31 AM
Baron

The next nootropic that has caught my eye is uridine, which may improve the functioning of the dopaminergic system. I'm going to be taking CDP-choline and fish oil containing DHA. From CDP-choline I hope to get a stimulant effect, choline supplementation (which will go well with a racetam) and increased uridine.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:22 AM
Grandest Duke

It may be subjective but:

I think that agmantine does speed recovery.

Sulbutiamine does increase energy and reduce appetite (it's recommended that you keep up your food intake).

Centrophenoxine increases alertness and tastes like the plastic resin it is to boot.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:39 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sanzenbacher

Has anyone noticed if the heightened sense of awareness, improvement in mood, less anxiety, etc. has helped wean you off other, harder, drugs?

Would any Nootropics assist in kicking habits you don't want? I wouldn't mind having to take a nootropic even though it's another substance, if it helps getting me off a negative (imo) and expensive habit.

And if so, which would you say is the best?
Old 09-28-2012, 02:45 AM
Grandest Duke

IDK. I still drink and drink, but any substance that increases clarity and mentation just leads me to see my dismal situation in greater depth.

That's just me though.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:49 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sanzenbacher

Quote:
IDK. I still drink and drink, but any substance that increases clarity and mentation just leads me to see my dismal situation in greater depth.

That's just me though.
So they do assist in clarity, but not necessarily in the changing of one's habits and such? Though I suppose no drug is a miracle. They can assist, but in the end it probably has to just be your own will and decision to change any habit you may not like.

Thanks for the response.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:13 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanzenbacher View Post
Has anyone noticed if the heightened sense of awareness, improvement in mood, less anxiety, etc. has helped wean you off other, harder, drugs?

Would any Nootropics assist in kicking habits you don't want? I wouldn't mind having to take a nootropic even though it's another substance, if it helps getting me off a negative (imo) and expensive habit.

And if so, which would you say is the best?
Citicoline or CDP-choline can help people recover from a cocaine addition. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citicoline#Satiety

And that may be because it raised uridine levels. Perhaps a uridine regimen would be more efficient.