Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 05-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sanzenbacher

Has anyone here tried synthetics? Or know someone who has? Commonly called Spice, marketed as "Herbal Incense" or "Herbal potpourri".

If so, what are your thoughts upon it? Any good brands out there?

Last edited by Sanzenbacher; 05-07-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Marquis

Send a message via AIM to mafiabro
Default Re: Synthetic cannabis

I've tried a few, and they always fall into one of two categories. They either don't work well, or even at all, or they work TOO good.

The only one i specifically remember was cloud 10, which worked way too good. It was unpleasantly high, my heart rate was off the charts, and perception of time and reality was very distorted. It was retardedly high to a level that no real weed could ever possibly take you.

They also always end up giving me a sore throat even though im an avid smoker. I can't really say I recommend any synthetics unless you need to pass a drug test or something.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiabro View Post
I've tried a few, and they always fall into one of two categories. They either don't work well, or even at all, or they work TOO good.
Haha, that's how it is for me. The first experience I had, I just inquired about a free sample from KBH. It was their Blue Dream and Malibu fire. Those I researched, and do still contain actual cannabanoids, just not the illegal ones.

Honestly, it was pretty great. Like really. I would never say I prefer it over actual marijuana, but it had me pondering my own existence. I had all these really strange stories and tales that I was creating then and there. I believed that I was the Lady Bug from A Bug's Life. It started really intense, but slowly got more calm, and relaxing.

The other one I tried was called like Rak City, and it SUCKED...well not sucked, but was a rip. I had intended to get K3, but they were all out and subbed that without even asking me.

I've heard good things of Mad Hatter and Code Black Incense, I'll try one of those next.

Thanks for the response, guy.

EDIT: Oh, for anyone who wants a free sample check it:
*No Sources Please*

Duly noted.
(SAWWY BOO!)

Completely legit. Only takes like 3 days to get to you.

I actually emailed them, saying I never got my sample, that it was lost in transit, or my neighbor took it, and they sent another. I fee bad though, so I'm probably just gonna get a bigger order of one of the ones I like before I go to another brand.

Last edited by Sanzenbacher; 05-06-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Baron

I've tried two blends, barely gave a buzz. Pure JWH is much more potent and you know what you're getting. Doesn't leave an odor or ashes and costs a lot less.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Count

i smoked spice and it pissed me off.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
I've tried two blends, barely gave a buzz. Pure JWH is much more potent and you know what you're getting. Doesn't leave an odor or ashes and costs a lot less.
This is true. I've actually heard of people doing this. Buying the RC, then getting some sort of leaf to apply it to. Apparently, it's much cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEROS View Post
i smoked spice and it pissed me off.
I've noticed that, to a degree. It makes me evaluate certain things in my life, most of which I do not want, and most of which are negative. I become bitter, cynical, and jaded. Most of all it makes me frustrated, sad, and discouraged. At myself and at where I am in my life.

It's very easy to tell someone off, to be blunt, curt, and direct to the point. I'm NOT passive normally, I'm literally just uncaring, apathetic, and stoic. I adhere to Pacifism, Nonviolence, and Voluntaryanism, and I can be content in nearly every situation.

While smoking spice...it racially numbs me. From feelings of happiness, to sadness, to love and affection. Someone (landlord in particular) can be bitching about who knows what (he's a dick in general), and I literally say "Yeah, whatever" and walk away. If he starts following me, I say something along the lines of "Once I start becoming late in getting my rent in, then you have a valid reason to be upset. I've kept my apt. clean, paid rent on time, and have been very neighborly. You are out of line."

Then I go in my apt, and shut the door.

Last edited by Sanzenbacher; 05-06-2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:58 AM
Duke

Anybody smoked damiana?
Old 05-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Peasant

Smoked weed 3 times a day (at least) for two years.

Smoked spice once and had my first panic attack. I thought I was going to die behind my friend's garage.

Ruined smoking for me forever. Every time I smoked pot afterwords I had panic attacks.

Fucking spice. If I could undo it I would.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknickns View Post
Anybody smoked damiana?
Smoked a couple of AM blends that are applied to it. Pretty nice actually, just used it like weed and made joints.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:22 AM
Joint Chief of Soul

Thanked 4,294,967,295 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanzenbacher View Post
Haha, that's how it is for me. The first experience I had, I just inquired about a free sample from KBH. It was their Blue Dream and Malibu fire. Those I researched, and do still contain actual cannabanoids, just not the illegal ones.

Honestly, it was pretty great. Like really. I would never say I prefer it over actual marijuana, but it had me pondering my own existence. I had all these really strange stories and tales that I was creating then and there. I believed that I was the Lady Bug from A Bug's Life. It started really intense, but slowly got more calm, and relaxing.

The other one I tried was called like Rak City, and it SUCKED...well not sucked, but was a rip. I had intended to get K3, but they were all out and subbed that without even asking me.

I've heard good things of Mad Hatter and Code Black Incense, I'll try one of those next.

Thanks for the response, guy.

EDIT: Oh, for anyone who wants a free sample check it:
*sauce edited*

Completely legit. Only takes like 3 days to get to you.

I actually emailed them, saying I never got my sample, that it was lost in transit, or my neighbor took it, and they sent another. I fee bad though, so I'm probably just gonna get a bigger order of one of the ones I like before I go to another brand.
How do you change the shipping address? That part is already filled in with someone else's info. Yours since you linked maybe?

Last edited by Gun Lover; 05-06-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:42 AM
Duke

Man the TP really sucks now.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:56 AM
Broodingly Rational

Thanked 3,072 Times in 1,824 Posts

Legal or not, sources purveying psychoactives of any kind will not be discussed publicly in BLTC. Sorry peoples

It helps keep the buyer and seller a little bit safer.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioCentriX View Post
How do you change the shipping address? That part is already filled in with someone else's info. Yours since you linked maybe?

Haha, really? That'd be hiliarious if it was indeed mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Lover View Post
Legal or not, sources purveying psychoactives of any kind will not be discussed publicly in BLTC. Sorry peoples

It helps keep the buyer and seller a little bit safer.
My apologies. I'll refrain from doing so in the future. Thank you for your kindness in the handling of the matter. Means a lot.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:21 AM
Serf

I smoked spice one time and thought it was shit. Smelled shit, tasted shit and felt like shit. If you can avoid it then I suggest you should and just get proper weed if possible.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martins Mad About Fish View Post
I smoked spice one time and thought it was shit. Smelled shit, tasted shit and felt like shit. If you can avoid it then I suggest you should and just get proper weed if possible.
What brand?
Old 05-06-2012, 06:55 AM
Baron

I smoked spice for a while, even everyday, but never felt i had a 'problem'. I never experienced any of the issues people talk about other than some mild paranoia/anxiety, although i can see how some people could react poorly to this. Mostly i don't like cannabinoids personally, and like synthetic ones even less than THC. i smoke weed very occasionally, and find it's enjoyable as long as i don't do it often. The syncan experience for me was pretty boring and rather uncomfortable. I did feel like it wound me up too much, with some chest tightness and racing heartbeat, which doesn't really feel good to me. I do wonder about the people who claim to have near death experiences on this shit. I kinda think maybe they were experiencing some of the same shit i did and just had a panic attack which made it a lot worse. I do think it is capable of fucking you up pretty bad, but i also think some of it is just people who can't handle cannabinoids getting really high and freaking themselves out which just makes it worse. Panic attacks can really shake a person, and if you're not experienced with drug usage, you probably won't be able to recognize what's going on and calm yourself the fuck down.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bortmackie View Post
I smoked spice for a while, even everyday, but never felt i had a 'problem'. I never experienced any of the issues people talk about other than some mild paranoia/anxiety, although i can see how some people could react poorly to this. Mostly i don't like cannabinoids personally, and like synthetic ones even less than THC. i smoke weed very occasionally, and find it's enjoyable as long as i don't do it often. The syncan experience for me was pretty boring and rather uncomfortable. I did feel like it wound me up too much, with some chest tightness and racing heartbeat, which doesn't really feel good to me. I do wonder about the people who claim to have near death experiences on this shit. I kinda think maybe they were experiencing some of the same shit i did and just had a panic attack which made it a lot worse. I do think it is capable of fucking you up pretty bad, but i also think some of it is just people who can't handle cannabinoids getting really high and freaking themselves out which just makes it worse. Panic attacks can really shake a person, and if you're not experienced with drug usage, you probably won't be able to recognize what's going on and calm yourself the fuck down.
Well, yeah, the highs are different (Synths and actual marijuana), but I enjoy them both, for different reasons. I'm not even on probation or worried about getting a piss test, it just seems Synthetics are cheaper, and my guy for weed is a flake, so I can never be sure if or when I'll have some.

I've never had a bad experience. There was once when I felt kinda like I was convulsing or having a seizure, like I was shaking on the bed, and had some sorta weird visuals, but I wasn't worried, since I knew it can happen. Plus I had drank alcohol earlier, that may have had an effect.

I've even had the "seizure like convulsions" when smoking weed and having had a few drinks, but I know it's not going to kill me.

A few friends also aren't on probation or anything, and they've told me they prefer the spice high. I like both, almost equally, but for different reasons.

I haven't had any for like 2 weeks now, but yeah, I didn't have problems smoking everyday and still being able to function. Once my rent check clears, and my utility bill comes and I send it out, I'll pick up some more.

Also, bort, mind my asking what brand you prefer(red) and like(d) the best? Thanks for your insight into the topic, by the way.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Knight

On the whole they're garbage, many induce what is IMO an uncomfortable, almost clinical dissociation and/or severe time dilation, and the napthoyl variety (most of them) pose an unknown carcinogenic risk.

I've tried AM-2201 (the most worthless of them all, imo), -081, -019, -250, and 122, which I did daily for the better part of 9 months, and became dependent on. It was a complete waste of time. At least 122 had a longer duration of about 2hrs, gave some euphoria and appetite stimulation.

And if you overdose, all sorts of horrible shit can happen, from intensely negative introspection to panic attacks with full-blown terror, thought looping, full derealization, feeling like you've been "sucked" out of reality and "observing" yourself from a totally alien perspective, nausea and vomiting, lmao, all of these I experienced multiple times.

Last edited by H a r o l d; 05-06-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Marquis

I do not like this synthetic thread.

I mean why even talk about them, they are all syncans and to an extent illegal so in that light they are just as worthless as real pot for the most part.

Just move somewhere you can you can smoke pot with a medical card, for legitimate reasons, or wait even longer for it to be legal.......right.

Mary Jane is time tested and if you have the right mind set can be a very good plant, I do not trust those syncans hijacking my neurons.

Maybe I am wrong but the worst thing that has happened to me from real bud is laughing, reading, creating something; or talking to a webfed about pot use.
Which I am sure that if you try hard enough you don't even need weed to do, hell even smoking/talking about fake weed can result in the same thing.

Share info and all that bull

Last edited by FrY; 05-06-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Thanked 4,478 Times in 2,895 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiabro View Post
It was retardedly high to a level that no real weed could ever possibly take you.
Yeah, isn't it great?
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
FNIC (05-07-2012), Nein Cat (05-07-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Broodingly Rational

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiddleMaster View Post
Ruined smoking for me forever. Every time I smoked pot afterwords I had panic attacks.

I promise you this doesn't last forever. Trust me, I overdosed waaaay harder than most anyone smoking herbs laced with stuff. That's what happens when you make poor decisions and don't respect a powerful psychoactive.

When I first started getting high again it was unpleasant because I'd just feel anxious instead of relaxed or high. But then after gaining a tolerance by only smoking on benzodiazepines, I was able to psychologically realize that no real harm had been done no matter how traumatic that one experience was.

I know it's damn hard to believe, but you're actually okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piles of Crack View Post
Yeah, isn't it great?
Lol, yeah

JWH-018 is some crazy fucking shit. Full blown OEVs from that shit
Old 05-07-2012, 03:55 AM
Banned

Has anyone tried any of the Code Black Incense? Any flavor or type. I'm thinking that'll be my next one I try. The pineapple one sounds cool, but that's just because I fucking love pineapples.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipohippo View Post
This thread:

These store bought blends are dangerous, syncans are bad enough. You never know how potent a blend is, or even whats in it. That said...

I like syncans because they are cheap and can take you to whole other levels.

Best syncan for OEV's anyone?

Jwh-122 gave me strong CEV's
Am-2201 had no visuals no matter how much I vaped, though tolerance may have played a part.
I've always wanted to make my own blend. I would use Blue Lotus Leaves, because the leaves in and of themselves have small recreational benefits, then just get the RCs and apply them. I suppose that way would be safer, and most people claim it's also cheaper.

Oh also, if anyone orders from [name withheld], they're offering a %15 discount through May 20th. Just enter code "MAY20" when placing the order.

If you want to PM me to discuss the impact of Athletes being spokespeople for Fast Food and Sugary Drinks that they don't eat themselves, and how it affects Average Joe and makes him a fat obese slob because he wants to be just like his hero. Or something.

Last edited by Sanzenbacher; 05-07-2012 at 05:50 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:47 AM
Banned

Fixed

Last edited by Sanzenbacher; 05-07-2012 at 05:59 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:13 AM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanzenbacher View Post
What brand?
Can't remember to be honest because it was a long time ago. All I remember was it smelled and tasted like clove rocks sweets and was fucking horrible. At the time I used to smoke about an oz of green per week so compared to "ordinary" weed I thought it was fucking horrible.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:33 AM
Duke

Please stop calling it synthetic cannabis, it's misleading.
CountBlah (05-07-2012)
Old 05-07-2012, 07:15 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipohippo View Post
How so?
Beside all the unknowns about synthetics that are knowns for weed and the considerably different physical and chemical properties?

THC and the other cannabinoids in weed are partial agonists. Many of the synthetics are full agonists - which means they probably have a lethal dose. This is also why weed has a ceiling beyond which you can't really get any higher no matter how much you smoke and synthetics don't have that ceiling or have a response ceiling that is at a different place. Synthetics are not fat soluble (THC et al is) - which means their physical actions and history once they enter the lungs is different.

They're quite different beasts, just not so much in terms of the psychoactive effects. (ie they'll both get you high) I think calling them 'synthetic cannabis' implies a much greater similarity to cannabis than there actually is.

But maybe I'm just too much of a stickler for semantics.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
Please stop calling it synthetic cannabis, it's misleading.
Quote:
Beside all the unknowns about synthetics that are knowns for weed and the considerably different physical and chemical properties?

THC and the other cannabinoids in weed are partial agonists. Many of the synthetics are full agonists - which means they probably have a lethal dose. This is also why weed has a ceiling beyond which you can't really get any higher no matter how much you smoke and synthetics don't have that ceiling or have a response ceiling that is at a different place. Synthetics are not fat soluble (THC et al is) - which means their physical actions and history once they enter the lungs is different.

They're quite different beasts, just not so much in terms of the psychoactive effects. (ie they'll both get you high) I think calling them 'synthetic cannabis' implies a much greater similarity to cannabis than there actually is.

But maybe I'm just too much of a stickler for semantics.
Shit, I like blanked out. I read your posts earlier, and thought you were just talking in general. Then I see the topic title.

EDIT: Damn, I thought there was a way to edit the title. Now I must live forever with this blemish of a topic title failure. :/

Last edited by Sanzenbacher; 05-07-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Knight

I smoke Chris's spice. Cheap as fuck always getting half off amdm shit got a nigga on high
Old 05-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Broodingly Rational

Quote:

I believe there's a bit wrong with your reasoning, though I agree "synthetic cannabis" is a stupid fucking name.

Most JWHs are extremely non-polar (fat soluble). I mean look at JWH-018, it's entirely carbon except for a nonpolar indole nitrogen and an aromatic ketone, neither of which is as polar as a phenol (a la THC, CBD). I daresay it absorbs into the bloodstream faster than most natural cannabinoids including THC.

Also keep in mind affinity =/= efficacy. Though they have extreme binding affinity to the CB1 and/or CB2 receptors, it doesn't necessarily mean that full agonists elicit more psychoactive or dangerous effects than a particularly efficacious partial agonist (think LSD, 6-Monoacetylmorphine, etc.).

You cant just lump all the drugs into partial and full agonists and expect to make reliable conclusions about their nature.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Lover View Post
I believe there's a bit wrong with your reasoning, though I agree "synthetic cannabis" is a stupid fucking name.

Most JWHs are extremely non-polar (fat soluble). I mean look at JWH-018, it's entirely carbon except for a nonpolar indole nitrogen and an aromatic ketone, neither of which is as polar as a phenol (a la THC, CBD). I daresay it absorbs into the bloodstream faster than most natural cannabinoids including THC.

Also keep in mind affinity =/= efficacy. Though they have extreme binding affinity to the CB1 and/or CB2 receptors, it doesn't necessarily mean that full agonists elicit more psychoactive or dangerous effects than a particularly efficacious partial agonist (think LSD, 6-Monoacetylmorphine, etc.).

You cant just lump all the drugs into partial and full agonists and expect to make reliable conclusions about their nature.
No I suppose not. I just pointed that out though to highlight something that makes them quite different from THC.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiddleMaster View Post
Smoked weed 3 times a day (at least) for two years.

Smoked spice once and had my first panic attack. I thought I was going to die behind my friend's garage.

I had the same scenario as you, except I had more than one bout with spice. I had to just not smoke anything for awhile then I just had to not smoke too much weed and build a tolerance. Yeah it ruined weed for a little while for me to.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Procrastination Expert

Yeah I quit smoking that stuff, not worth it after long term use. It does not compare to weed when smoked every day, and you get a tolerance.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:13 AM
Baron

OP, stop going with inconsistent headshop blends.
Just buy the chem you like and then vape it or prep it yourself.

edit:

I later came back and read the thread entirely. Listen to Kipo

Last edited by adrieann; 05-08-2012 at 03:26 AM. Reason: i durnt rd it awl
Nein Cat (05-08-2012)
Old 05-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Broodingly Rational

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice_760 View Post
Yeah I quit smoking that stuff, not worth it after long term use. It does not compare to weed when smoked every day, and you get a tolerance.
I find this to be true. Perhaps the combinations of CB1 agonists and antagonists in weed helps keep tolerance somewhat lower. Less downregulation too versus JWHs, probably.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:41 AM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by H a r o l d View Post
On the whole they're garbage, many induce what is IMO an uncomfortable, almost clinical dissociation and/or severe time dilation, and the napthoyl variety (most of them) pose an unknown carcinogenic risk.

I've tried AM-2201 (the most worthless of them all, imo), -081, -019, -250, and 122, which I did daily for the better part of 9 months, and became dependent on. It was a complete waste of time. At least 122 had a longer duration of about 2hrs, gave some euphoria and appetite stimulation.

And if you overdose, all sorts of horrible shit can happen, from intensely negative introspection to panic attacks with full-blown terror, thought looping, full derealization, feeling like you've been "sucked" out of reality and "observing" yourself from a totally alien perspective, nausea and vomiting, lmao, all of these I experienced multiple times.
I hear you:

thought looping thought looping thought looping thought looping thought looping and thought looopppping
Old 05-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Duke

damiana damiana damiana

it looks like weed, with 1/10 the strength, smokes like it too
Old 05-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by H a r o l d View Post

that sounds horrible
Old 05-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrieann View Post
OP, stop going with inconsistent headshop blends.
Just buy the chem you like and then vape it or prep it yourself.

edit:

I later came back and read the thread entirely. Listen to Kipo
real talk
Old 05-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The real slim spud View Post
that sounds horrible
Indeed. They can also cause heart racing / pounding, feels like a spin cycle washing machine is inside your chest. Withdrawal from 122 would take about two weeks to get through; acute depression, and complete loss of interest in anything. That was the worst side effect in hindsight, loss of motivation.