Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 05-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Serf

Send a message via Skype™ to RackinOnUp604
Default Stealing SIM cards

hypothetically say you have a Iphone4 key for the sim card, one would just walk into any phone dealership, i know here in canada we have rogers and they have display iphone4s and you can make calls off them and go on internet, the sims in these phones are working, so you just go on the phone and make it look like your browsing on it, when the clerks arent looking just pop in the iphone4key to pop out the sim tray and get the sim card and pop the tray back in quickly, i know most iphone4s here have a really small sim, so now you can take the sim you just took and use it on any iphone 4 / 4S, and the best part is they dont even notice, i did it 6 months ago with my old iphone 4 until i dropped it in water :/
Old 05-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Howie Hubler

Thanked 1,089 Times in 659 Posts
Default Re: How to get free phone service (iphone4 key needed)

What happens when they do notice? They will look at the call history. If they had all your phone records and cell tower locations, it'd be pretty easy to track you down (even if you discontinued using the SIM card). I also like 99% sure that any crime relating to phones is a federal offense.

That idea sounds pretty horrible
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
CountBlah (05-08-2012)
Old 05-08-2012, 06:22 PM

Old ploy that isn't well known. this has been done since the 90's with all sims...
Old 05-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by roasted View Post
What happens when they do notice? They will look at the call history. If they had all your phone records and cell tower locations, it'd be pretty easy to track you down (even if you discontinued using the SIM card). I also like 99% sure that any crime relating to phones is a federal offense.

That idea sounds pretty horrible
i guarantee it would be hard for them to find out, its not like the person working is gunna check the iphones to see if the sim is in, i dont think they even know about the sims, because the phone i took the sim out of i asked the clerk if i could make a call to get a cab, and he said they dont work... by the way were im from this would be considered theft under $5000.. not a federal, and how could they track me down??? if i buy a new iphone and dont get a plan in my name and use the sim i dont see how they could find out, and if i got sketched about it i could easily break the sim and they couldn't find it, but i could also be wrong..

Last edited by RackinOnUp604; 05-08-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Howie Hubler

Thanked 1,089 Times in 659 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RackinOnUp604 View Post
i guarantee it would be hard for them to find out, its not like the person working is gunna check the iphones to see if the sim is in, i dont think they even know about the sims, because the phone i took the sim out of i asked the clerk if i could make a call to get a cab, and he said they dont work... by the way were im from this would be considered theft under $5000.. not a federal, and how could they track me down??? if i buy a new iphone and dont get a plan in my name and use the sim i dont see how they could find out, and if i got sketched about it i could easily break the sim and they couldn't find it, but i could also be wrong..
At some point they would realize that the sim card was missing. It would be easy to take from the store, but when they notice it missing they would look up the most recent numbers dialed and start calling all your friends/family/etc. They would also look up which cell towers connected the call, so they'd have an idea of your general area. If they really wanted to prosecute you, they'd get your family or friends to rat you out.

In the US, you'd get charged for petty theft or something similar for stealing the physical sim card, but then you'd get charged federally for stealing service (the amount wouldnt matter, it just happens to fall under the jurisdiction of the FCC)

Last edited by roasted; 05-08-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Knight

Default Re: Stealing SIM cards

Nigga, you just went full retard. Display model sim compartments are sealed shut.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Duke

Drunk, but not totally sure what you mean by a "key" for an iPhone 4 SIM card...

Was going to elaborate but really, after ~800ml of vodka, this is the best you're gonna get until tomorrow come ~3PM. [fuck, technically today]
Old 05-09-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STD View Post
Drunk, but not totally sure what you mean by a "key" for an iPhone 4 SIM card...

Was going to elaborate but really, after ~800ml of vodka, this is the best you're gonna get until tomorrow come ~3PM. [fuck, technically today]

Basically a thin paperclip to remove the sim card from the phone. it actuates the release of the sim tray.

Think of the card slot of your laptop... same tech - smaller scale
Old 05-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by vovka351 View Post
Nigga, you just went full retard. Display model sim compartments are sealed shut.
not for iphones, just pop in the key the sim tray pops out