Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Gearheads

Old 04-21-2012, 06:31 AM
Banned

Default Re: Best car for $60K, +/- $10K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Buster View Post
My mom has one of these (I think). Lol. Shes a terrible driver.
lol the gtr is not a car you confuse with a normal one haha but if your mom has one then she clearly has good taste
Old 04-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by naltehs View Post
lol the gtr is not a car you confuse with a normal one haha but if your mom has one then she clearly has good taste
She has some nice expensive car that looks exactly like that picture. She got it for a Christmas present from my dad lol.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Baron

F22 Raptor > F4 Phantom!!@ Derp derp derp.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Duke

save up more money, go for Skyline
Old 04-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Duke

Mad Re: Best car for $60K, +/- $10K

Quote:
My mom has one of these (I think). Lol. Shes a terrible driver.
you think?
Old 04-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Acolyte

Thanked 1,612 Times in 1,251 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to constantinople Send a message via AIM to constantinople Send a message via MSN to constantinople Send a message via Yahoo to constantinople
Thumbs Up Re: Best car for $60K, +/- $10K

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Explanation View Post
I agree with those statements, but those are also significantly more expensive cars, outside of the price range you initially set. You cant compare a $90k car to a $60k car and expect the $60k car to be better. (Idk how much a 3200GT costs).
Used 3200GT goes for around 50-70K.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Red Baron of WWIII

Thanked 5,185 Times in 3,416 Posts

BMW 6 Series. Although you might be stretching it a bit with 60k.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawanur View Post
you think?
lol I haven't even bothered to try driving it. If you want I can next time I'm home. I'll find out what it is for sure but it looks exactly like the car in the pic, I'm like 85% sure that is the car. (As you can deduce, I'm not really into cars, I saw this in the hot topics).
Old 04-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Gingervitis

Thumbs Down Re: Best car for $60K, +/- $10K

Quote:
lol I haven't even bothered to try driving it. If you want I can next time I'm home. I'll find out what it is for sure but it looks exactly like the car in the pic, I'm like 85% sure that is the car. (As you can deduce, I'm not really into cars, I saw this in the hot topics).
lol no kidding. The GT-R isn't a car for terrible drivers, you should be concerned for your moms' safety and well-being. It is one of the fastest cars on the market, hope your mom doesn't wind up in a fiery wreck after she loses control at 250+ kph.

On another note, BMW 6 series are quite ugly. Really not very attractive at all.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Red Baron of WWIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Township Rebellion View Post
On another note, BMW 6 series are quite ugly. Really not very attractive at all.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Acolyte

Send a message via ICQ to constantinople Send a message via AIM to constantinople Send a message via MSN to constantinople Send a message via Yahoo to constantinople

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
He's right you know. It's too chunky and heavy to be sporty.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Red Baron of WWIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedDr.Watson View Post
He's right you know. It's too chunky and heavy to be sporty.
It's a GT, not a sports car. It's meant to be comfortable and fast.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Gingervitis

Smile Re: Best car for $60K, +/- $10K

Quote:
Don't feel too bad, you can't be right about everything.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:40 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
It's a GT
A Ferrari California or an Aston Martin DB9 is a GT car. Not a fucking 6 series beemer. It's a sporty coupe that doesn't really work with an excessive price tag.

Deal wid it m8.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Howie Hubler

Thanked 1,037 Times in 623 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurpen View Post

F150 Raptor. Get a baja ready vehicle for under 60k. Plus, look completely badass.
The Raptor is way sick...thats just a lot of money for an F150 though. Personally, I would rather get a F250 King Ranch for that money (if were talking about trucks)
Old 04-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Wealthy Merchant

2013 GT500. Trust me. Don't believe the faggots who say they don't handle. You will NEVER push the car past it's abilities and 650bhp is awesome.

Alternatively, you could get a brand new Vette Z06.

M3's suck. It's a nightmare. My brother had an 04, and over 10,000 miles he had to put 6k dollars in repairs. He sold the car with 45,000 miles on it.

Last edited by Cooldarkknick; 04-21-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Red Baron of WWIII

Quote:
A Ferrari California or an Aston Martin DB9 is a GT car. Not a fucking 6 series beemer. It's a sporty coupe that doesn't really work with an excessive price tag.

Deal wid it m8.
The 3 series coupe is a "sporty coupé". Whatever that means. The 6 series is clearly designed to be a GT. Excuse me if German efficiency doesn't please the homosexual standards of some britfag.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
The 3 series coupe is a "sporty coupé". Whatever that means. The 6 series is clearly designed to be a GT. Excuse me if German efficiency doesn't please the homosexual standards of some britfag.
I'll fucking fight you pansy.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Gingervitis

Thumbs Down Re: Best car for $60K, +/- $10K

Quote:
Look; the 6 series is ugly and heavy. It might be comfortable, it might be fast, but it's hardly the best choice for that kind of car. Even the M6, which has the sick V10 and a choice set of wheels (making it the least repulsive 6 series) cannot save it from being ugly and bloated. And nevermind those weird rat eyes for headlights and the convoluted trunk design - that stupid lip looks like it belongs on a completely different car. It's a design only its mother could love. The whole shape looks like a fat stool. Do you want to drive around in a car that looks like a piece of poo? I don't.

Don't be mad because those britfags over at Aston Martin make a waaaaay nicer car.

On another note, am I the only one who's noticed Trusted raised his theoretical budget to $100K? I still think you should look into this:

A quick check finds several of these going for under $100K; it combines the properties of a mile-crunching GT with a hyper-fast, agile sports car. Huge aftermarket support for both performance and style. Stock specs: 3.6L Flat 6, Twin variable-vane turbochargers, All Wheel Drive, and some of the most well-honed dynamics and control on the market today. 480 HP, and 460-500+ ibs-ft (Sport Chrono models have an "overboost" function) 0-60 in under 4 seconds easy, a possible 200 MPH top speed. And though the looks might divide opinion, it looks better than the 996 and certainly waaaay better than a 6 series... (in all honesty I think it looks quite nice, though I'd get a different set of wheels for it.)

It's by far the sensible choice, because it's also usable as a normal road car every day. It's even not terrible on gas. If I was to buy a daily-driven sports car with that kind of budget, I wouldn't fuck around looking at anything else.

Last edited by Township Rebellion; 04-21-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:44 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Look; the 6 series is ugly and heavy. It might be comfortable, it might be fast, but it's hardly the best choice for that kind of car. Even the M6, which has the sick V10 and a choice set of wheels (making it the least repulsive 6 series) cannot save it from being ugly and bloated. And nevermind those weird rat eyes for headlights and the convoluted trunk design - that stupid lip looks like it belongs on a completely different car. It's a design only its mother could love. The whole shape looks like a fat stool. Do you want to drive around in a car that looks like a piece of poo? I don't.

Don't be mad because those britfags over at Aston Martin make a waaaaay nicer car.

On another note, am I the only one who's noticed Trusted raised his theoretical budget to $100K? I still think you should look into this:

A quick check finds several of these going for under $100K; it combines the properties of a mile-crunching GT with a hyper-fast, agile sports car. Huge aftermarket support for both performance and style. Stock specs: 3.6L Flat 6, Twin variable-vane turbochargers, All Wheel Drive, and some of the most well-honed dynamics and control on the market today. 0-60 in under 4 seconds easy, a possible 200 MPH top speed. And though the looks might divide opinion, it looks better than the 996 and certainly waaaay better than a 6 series... (in all honesty I think it looks quite nice, though I'd get a different set of wheels for it.)

It's by far the sensible choice, because it's also usable as a normal road car every day. It's even not terrible on gas. If I was to buy a daily-driven sports car with that kind of budget, I wouldn't fuck around looking at anything else.
It's definitely in my top 3 for consideration.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:15 AM
Red Baron of WWIII

Quote:

A quick check finds several of these going for under $100K; it combines the properties of a mile-crunching GT with a hyper-fast, agile sports car. Huge aftermarket support for both performance and style. Stock specs: 3.6L Flat 6, Twin variable-vane turbochargers, All Wheel Drive, and some of the most well-honed dynamics and control on the market today. 480 HP, and 460-500+ ibs-ft (Sport Chrono models have an "overboost" function) 0-60 in under 4 seconds easy, a possible 200 MPH top speed. And though the looks might divide opinion, it looks better than the 996 and certainly waaaay better than a 6 series... (in all honesty I think it looks quite nice, though I'd get a different set of wheels for it.)

Porsche is a girl car and it looks like one. I didn't read the rest of your post as I'm pretty sure it contained your usual menstrual discharge flavor of the month. The new 6 series is baller as fuck. And because you don't see many of them driving around, that makes it even more baller.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:54 AM
Gingervitis

Roll Eyes Re: Best car for $60K, +/- $10K

Quote:
Porsche is a girl car and it looks like one. I didn't read the rest of your post as I'm pretty sure it contained your usual menstrual discharge flavor of the month. The new 6 series is baller as fuck. And because you don't see many of them driving around, that makes it even more baller.
Have fun continuing being wrong.

(Psst. There's a good reason why you don't see many of them around...)
Old 04-22-2012, 04:01 AM
Baron

1993 Toyota Camry I fucks with
Old 04-22-2012, 04:06 AM
Acolyte

Quote:

Snoopy just bought one.

Feel free to snigger.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:33 AM
Red Baron of WWIII

Quote:

I can't be wrong. It's a matter of opinion that's based on taste. The reason you don't see many of them around these days is because they fall in the same price range as the Audi R8, which is in my opinion an abomination of a car. And this coming from an Audi fan.

The 6 series is still a true BMW at heart. It's roomy & extremely comfortable, but it's still crazy fast and handles properly. It has a minimalistic and stylish design, something that a lot of people seem to have problems with. The same people that go ZOMG when they see an R8 . That's my problem with Audi. I drove a brand new A5 yesterday. It felt like I was driving in a video game. The car gave me no feedback whatsoever. It's a pretty car and all, but that's pretty much the only thing it has going for it. It's nowhere near as comfortable as the 6 series. Which by the way handles like a dream.

But then again, it's stupid to judge a BMW on its looks. You should know that.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:34 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
I can't be wrong. It's a matter of opinion that's based on taste. The reason you don't see many of them around these days is because they fall in the same price range as the Audi R8, which is in my opinion an abomination of a car. And this coming from an Audi fan.

The 6 series is still a true BMW at heart. It's roomy & extremely comfortable, but it's still crazy fast and handles properly. It has a minimalistic and stylish design, something that a lot of people seem to have problems with. The same people that go ZOMG when they see an R8 . That's my problem with Audi. I drove a brand new A5 yesterday. It felt like I was driving in a video game. The car gave me no feedback whatsoever. It's a pretty car and all, but that's pretty much the only thing it has going for it. It's nowhere near as comfortable as the 6 series. Which by the way handles like a dream.

But then again, it's stupid to judge a BMW on its looks. You should know that.

Got some fax on that buddy?
Old 04-22-2012, 04:37 AM
Knight

I'm still rooting for something like

Anyone who wouldn't buy a muscle car if they have over 60 large, is a faggot in my books.
Kwinnie Bogan (04-22-2012)
Old 04-22-2012, 04:54 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherfucking_Toast View Post

Anyone who wouldn't buy a muscle car if they have over 60 large, is a faggot in my books.
MMMmmm that car is awesome. Although it would be really impractical as a dd.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:33 AM
Gingervitis

First off, thanks alot Snoopy for putting pictures of that eyesore in this thread. Well I can't edit your post for that but I can redeem this thread for the sake of everyone else with a pic of much more beautiful BMWs:

Quote:
Got some fax on that buddy?
Wat, you can get an R8 for 6 series money??? Jesus that's a good deal.

I wasn't going to talk about the R8, that's another possibility and almost a better car than the 997 Turbo; but again not everyone likes the looks, I can't understand why. I'm still kind of a fan but lets face it: the Porsche is best.

... Snoopy, did you really get rid of your 1 series for a 6??? You damn fool, why didn't you get a 1M??? Or at least an M3. Far better BMW's, and much better representations of the brands' best imo. Though to be honest I wouldn't expect much of your taste if you'd really rather a 6 series. Or hate the R8. Frankly now that your suggestion has been turned down, I'll expect an attempt at trolling this thread into a big flame war over your stupid car, which is why I'm going to rest my case here.

Hey Trusted, what about getting a 1M for well under budget, then spending the rest tuning it and making it retardedly fast? If you're going to consider any BMW after all, might as well check out the best at the moment.

3.0L Twin Turbo Straight-6, 335 HP, 0-60 in just under 5 seconds. Quite small and relatively light, and apparently the best handling going at the moment. Personally I like it, there's a whiff of 2002/E30 about it. A true purist car for people who really enjoy driving. Still not quite as pretty as either of those cars, but fairly handsome nonetheless.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:51 AM
Red Baron of WWIII

Damn you're such a biased little son of a bitch. You know what the difference between me and you is? When I talk about a car, I actually drove the motherfucker. I'm not going to talk shit about a car that I haven't at the very least sat in and fired the fucker up for a spin.

I doubt you've actually driven a new 1 series, 3 series or 6 series, nevermind owned one. You also can't seem to get your head around the idea that a road car has different uses for different people. I like a car that handles well and goes fast, but I also like a car that's comfortable, keeps me and my kids safe, is somewhat economical and looks good to my taste. And currently, BMW is pretty much the only company that makes road vehicles that combine "family value" with performance and driving pleasure. You should drive a new 6 series. Might pop your cherry.

You prolly have a hardon for the old ass 6 series from the 70s.

And no, the R8 is a very impractical car. Just add 50k to your budget and buy a damn Lambo.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Zok Jr. (04-29-2012)
Old 04-22-2012, 07:31 AM
Gingervitis

Smile Re: Best car for $60K, +/- $10K

Quote:
Damn you're such a biased little son of a bi
I sure called it, huh.

Gee, with the parameters you give, why you wouldn't just get a 5 series instead is beyond me. More practical, less ugly, just as fun to drive.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:10 AM
Red Baron of WWIII

Quote:
I sure called it, huh.

Gee, with the parameters you give, why you wouldn't just get a 5 series instead is beyond me. More practical, less ugly, just as fun to drive.
The newest revision of the 5 series is okay but I didn't like the older one. The 3 series and 6 series look far better. Coupé of course. I don't like the look of the 4 door sedans. They're all ugly if you ask me.

I don't understand your hate for the 6 series. Even if you don't agree with the way it looks, you have to like its other qualities. The 3l twin turbo diesel gives you the performance you'd expect from a 6 cyl BMW. And while it's not as "rugged" in the corners as a 1 series or en e30, it makes up for it in comfort. You still get far better driving experience than you get from an Audi A5/A7 or a Mercedes E coupé. Not going to compare it to the CL due to the difference in price. If money wasn't a factor, I would probably go for the V8 powered CL500.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Lol I was way off, it was an audi a5.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Red Baron of WWIII

The Audi A5 is a sweet ride.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherfucking_Toast View Post

I would buy a 1969 convertible Mustang in purple with a white leather interior for £25k, and with the remaining £5k I would buy a secondhand Civic.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Acolyte

I won't be buying the car for another two years, but here is the list so far:

C63 AMG Benz
M3 BMW
Porsche 997 (probably used if I get this one. save a few grand)
Audi RS4

It just seems these are the best cars for the money. Of course, there ARE cars for the same amount of money with more "personality" or "character" like an old re-furbished Super Bee, but I can't drive a car like that and not look like you're posturing.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Duke

Of course you're posturing; that's the point.

It's better to have a big silly car and do burnouts in it, than buy a Porsche 997 and not have the skill to drive it anywhere near its limits. That's just pretentious.

If you want a car for the fun of driving quickly, buy a Caterham. It'll feel ten times as fast as any German technowankfest.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:43 AM
Baron

With any fancy ass car, from old school muscle to a Maybach, it's only posturing if you can't pull it off...
Old 05-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Acolyte

I see there are several people in this thread who never let go of their boyhood dreams of being Steve McQueen.