Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Society > The Inhumane Condition

Old 05-09-2012, 01:41 AM
Killed all the villagers.

Default I consider Hell desirable.

Earth is now a watered down version of an ideal that was once considered a place of salvation for the soul. The planet lacks the proper need for will, fear, courage and any form of desire. With the absence of a risk/reward system we find ourselves in a continuous downward spiral of moral decay.
What does Heaven have that this place doesn't? A place of no thoughts, no interesting people, no desire to do anything and no sort of real pleasure.
But now we still have Hell. Hell is saturated with things that are great for your well being.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:51 AM
PROOTS

Thanked 2,251 Times in 1,527 Posts
Default Re: I consider Hell desirable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Earth is now a watered down version of an ideal that was once considered a place of salvation for the soul. The planet lacks the proper need for will, fear, courage and any form of desire. With the absence of a risk/reward system we find ourselves in a continuous downward spiral of moral decay.
What does Heaven have that this place doesn't? A place of no thoughts, no interesting people, no desire to do anything and no sort of real pleasure.
But now we still have Hell. Hell is saturated with things that are great for your well being.
Interesting thought, but I guess it would depend on what one considers "hell". Everyone's version of hell is different.

I was wondering, if maybe you could reword that last paragraph? I...I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, I just didn't understand it very well. Would you clarify for me, proots?
Old 05-09-2012, 01:58 AM
Count

Seek pain, not death for to enter Hell you must die. While on earth you must find what overwhelmes you not what your comfortable with so let me know if you find something, assuming you're used to a north american urban working class or + lifestyle.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:03 AM

Thanked 1,466 Times in 984 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Rolf

Communist Hell or Capitalist Hell? asks Rolf curiously.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proots View Post
Interesting thought, but I guess it would depend on what one considers "hell". Everyone's version of hell is different.

I was wondering, if maybe you could reword that last paragraph? I...I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, I just didn't understand it very well. Would you clarify for me, proots?
Let's stick with the standard idea of Hell. I'm in no business to split hairs and am willing to generalize everything about the place; I welcome the thought of a red man with horns and a pitchfork in this construct.

Quote:
What does Heaven have that this place doesn't?
By this place I meant Earth.

Quote:
Hell being saturated with things that are great for you well being
With pain, suffering, the thought of being unworthy, to know your mortality and to be punished for sins is not only downright sexy, but something we humans are no longer conscious enough to be enlightened by it. While it may not be the actual acts that fortify a worthy self, the person is left to question why these awful things are happening. Do you doubt or question yourself when you are on a beach, enjoying consumables while masturbating? Or do these thoughts only emerge when a storm denies you of your enjoyment?

I'm mostly rambling. Maybe it cleared things up for you. Check out the Last Man thread if you haven't done so, it's what sparked my first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYOR View Post
Seek pain, not death for to enter Hell you must die. While on earth you must find what overwhelmes you not what your comfortable with so let me know if you find something, assuming you're used to a north american urban working class or + lifestyle.
See here, this would ring true in any other century before this one. This planet is riddled with so much noise that it's impossible to fully experience what I want to...uh...experience without not dying.
I can tell you that I am in tune with a majority of the american lifestlyes and they seem vacuous. Everything is watched and everyone is in it for the wealth. Death seems a bit more private.

Last edited by Village Idiot; 05-09-2012 at 02:30 AM.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Struwwelpeter (05-09-2012)
Old 05-09-2012, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
Communist Hell or Capitalist Hell? asks Rolf curiously.
Gosh, if I'd have to pick one of those I'd choose not to die and to live as a brain in a jar.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Count

heaven and hell is only a state of mind.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
ArmsMerchant (05-10-2012)
Old 05-10-2012, 06:48 PM

Thanked 2,885 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEROS View Post
For what it is worth, Pope John Paul II and I (as well as many others) agree. He observed that Hell is not a location, but the state of mind one attains by trying to shut God out of one's life. (This is impossible, of course--as the Man observed "the kingdom of God is within you.")

Heaven also is a state of mind.

Back to topic:

"Earth is now a watered down version of an ideal that was once considered a place of salvation for the soul."

^This statement is incorrect in so many ways it boggles the mind. One, no one ever considered the earth "ideal," and (two) surely not as a resting place for the "soul."

Last edited by ArmsMerchant; 05-10-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEROS View Post
Heaven and Hell is a good album.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Count

Quote:
See here, this would ring true in any other century before this one. This planet is riddled with so much noise that it's impossible to fully experience what I want to...uh...experience without not dying. I can tell you that I am in tune with a majority of the american lifestlyes and they seem vacuous. Everything is watched and everyone is in it for the wealth. Death seems a bit more private.
If the noise irritates you enough as it is maybe you are already in Hell? Sirens, vehicles, people talking into mobile phones, instruments tools - I 'hear' you. Who's who and what's what, perfect era for decept and degeneration.

If you must die, die. In whatever fashion I don't believe you be the first. What are you trying to do that has such a price tag?
Old 05-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Duke

Quote:
who the fuck wants to live in LA cali?

that place is a dirty shit stain of america full of assholes x.x

Rancid-Antennas - YouTube

Old 05-10-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYOR View Post
If the noise irritates you enough as it is maybe you are already in Hell? Sirens, vehicles, people talking into mobile phones, instruments tools - I 'hear' you. Who's who and what's what, perfect era for decept and degeneration.

If you must die, die. In whatever fashion I don't believe you be the first. What are you trying to do that has such a price tag?
By noise I really meant any sort of mental distraction, my wording was a bit off there. It's really the people's way of communication, use of language-country lingo, police lingo, family lingo, teacher lingo, mainstream lingo, that deters us from truly living. This with technology muddles everything, everyone eventually gets sucked into it because they are forced to be numbed out. It's not irritating (well, it can be at times), it's set so you no longer think. I imagine Hell to be far more dangerous than this pussy ass shit.
Maybe it can be a right place to think, though. I shouldn't say Hell is always so desirable. But it is to me. If the afterlife holds some new experiences, that is.

Last edited by Village Idiot; 05-10-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Duke

Thanked 1,044 Times in 716 Posts

Heaven is the absence of pain/pleasure, and hell is the wallowing in it. Heaven is for people who can't stand the intensity of pleasure and pain, so they escape through the back of their minds.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Heaven is the absence of pain/pleasure, and hell is the wallowing in it. Heaven is for people who can't stand the intensity of pleasure and pain, so they escape through the back of their minds.
Yes, OP covered that. Escaping is the need to be numbed out.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sanzenbacher

Do whatever you can to insure your entry to "Hell" if it does exist (if not, enjoy rotting six feet under). And insure your exit from this life (suicide [hanging, OD (not reliable), jump off a bridge, in front of a car, drown yourself, suffocate yourself, set yourself on fire])

Ideas are endless.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:04 AM
C⊙λϥЖĦѮϟΩπ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Why would anyone consider the absence of pleasure heaven? The notion that heaven has no pleasures is utterly absurd.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:25 AM
Grand Duke

Thanked 1,823 Times in 1,138 Posts

Hell isn't really all that bad of a place. If you read the bible, you'd realize that Satan isn't all that bad of a guy. He's never killed anyone, and he doesn't even do the torturing himself. Any of the bad shit that happens in hell is due to God himself. But I imagine Satan would be a pretty chill guy.

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion, and he'll starve praying for a fish.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Igor Deckman

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Funk Drink View Post
Hell isn't really all that bad of a place. If you read the bible, you'd realize that Satan isn't all that bad of a guy. He's never killed anyone, and he doesn't even do the torturing himself. Any of the bad shit that happens in hell is due to God himself. But I imagine Satan would be a pretty chill guy.
This. Did you know that when Jesus was dead for three days, he was in Hell fighting Satan? God and Jesus are just fucking bullies. Satan is probably some nerd living in the basement.

Therefore, God and Jesus are cooler. Bet you didn't see that one coming. Capiche?
Old 05-12-2012, 12:38 AM
Duke

Thanked 1,158 Times in 848 Posts
Send a message via AIM to JC Denton Send a message via Skype™ to JC Denton

Didn't Pope John Paul II officially state that hell doesn't really exist? Unless we are criticizing fundamentalists again, which might still believe in it.

Christianity defines hell more as a state of separation from God, not a place of eternal physical suffering with demons, fire, and brimstone. This state of seperation can happen in our earthly lives as humans, and can also happen for angels in heaven as happened with Lucifer. It can only happen by choice, through god-given free-will.

I'm personaly not religious, but I was raised catholic and went to a private catholic school for 10 years. I know this stuff. Some of you guys are just talking out of your ass.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:40 AM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Funk Drink View Post
actually satan killed 12 people and then you imagine all the wars over god shit that death rate is absurd
Old 05-12-2012, 12:53 AM
Duke

Thanked 1,158 Times in 848 Posts
Send a message via AIM to JC Denton Send a message via Skype™ to JC Denton

This Godless Endeavor - YouTube

Old 05-12-2012, 03:36 AM
Grand Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudononymousPROOTS View Post
actually satan killed 12 people and then you imagine all the wars over god shit that death rate is absurd
Well that and all the people god killed in the bible.

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion, and he'll starve praying for a fish.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:37 AM
Igor Deckman

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,828 Posts

When did Satan kill 12 people?
Old 05-12-2012, 04:15 AM
Grand Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderstar View Post
When did Satan kill 12 people?
Actually, I believe it was 10, and it was on behalf of God to kill Job's family. God pretty much allowed Satan to do it, and even then, God probably would have done it anyway.

Old 05-12-2012, 05:13 AM
Duke

you should do drugs