Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > This Just In!

Old 05-11-2012, 05:32 AM
Significantly Grander Duke

Thanked 2,278 Times in 1,745 Posts
Arrow New Theory claims Lenin was poisoned by Stalin

Yeah, it's the Daily Mail. Eh.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

Quote:
The founder of Russian communism Vladamir Lenin died after being poisoned by his political successor Joseph Stalin, according to a sensational new theory.

Russian historian Lev Lurie, believes that while Lenin was already in poor health having suffered several strokes, Stalin may have finished him off after a bitter feud.

Lenin, who had initially supported Stalin's rise to power, later began aligning himself with Leon Trotsky.

He even suggested that Stalin should be removed from his position of General Secretary of the Communist Party.

Poisoning would later become Stalin's preferred method for dealing with his enemies, Lurie points out.

He added: 'The funny thing is that the brain of Lenin still is preserved in Moscow, so we can investigate.'

Popular theory maintains that Lenin died from the sexually-transmitted disease syphilis.

His embalmed body still lies on public display in a Red Square mausoleum almost 20 years after the collapse of the communist state he helped bring to life.

Mr Lurie and UCLA neurologist Dr. Harry Vinters reviewed Lenin's records for an annual conference at the University of Maryland School of Medicine on famous people's deaths.

Dr Vinters put forward a separate theory, maintaining that stress or a family medical history could have accounted for Lenin's death

Prior to his death, the 53-year-old Soviet leader's health had been growing worse over time.

In 1921, he forgot the words of a major speech and he had to learn to speak again and write with his left hand after one stroke.

A subsequent major stroke later left him paralyzed on one side and unable to speak.

An autopsy found blood vessels in his brain were extremely hardened, results that have been difficult to understand, said Dr. Philip Mackowiak, who organizes the yearly event.

'Number one, he's so young and number two, he has none of the important risk factors,' Mackowiak said.

Lenin didn't smoke - he never let smokers near him. He also didn't have diabetes, wasn't overweight and the autopsy didn't find any evidence of high blood pressure, Mackowiak said.

There was 'considerable suspicion' among Russians at the time of Lenin's death that syphilis was to blame, Mackowiak said.

However, family history appears to have worked more against Lenin, Vinters said.

Lenin was treated for syphilis using the primitive medications available at the time, and while the sexually transmitted disease can cause strokes, there is no evidence from his symptoms or the autopsy that was the case with Lenin, Vinters said.

The Soviet leader's father also died at 54 and both may have been predisposed to hardening of the arteries.

Stress also is a risk factor for strokes, and there's no question the communist revolutionary was under plenty of that, the neurologist said.

'People were always trying to assassinate him, for example.' Dr Vinters said.

Dr Vinters, who reviewed autopsy records and the leader's clinical history, said toxicology tests that might have revealed poisoning were not conducted during the autopsy.

Reports from the time also show Lenin was active and talking a few hours before his death.

'And then he experienced a series of really, really bad convulsions which is quite unusual for someone who has a stroke,' Vinters said.

The conference is held yearly at the school, where researchers in the past have re-examined the diagnoses of figures including King Tut, Christopher Columbus, Simon Bolivar and Abraham Lincoln.
Stalin was an evil, crazy, power hungry, psychopathic motherfucker, so I wouldn't put poisoning Lenin past him.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:38 AM
Grander Duke

Thanked 2,917 Times in 2,031 Posts
Default Re: New Theory claims Lenin was poisoned by Stalin

this is a very common "conspiracy theory" in ex soviet countries. ive always held it to be true.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:41 AM

Yeah, I mean, Lenin had a series of nasty strokes, weakening him, and Stalin had plenty of beef because Lenin was aligning with Trotsky and distancing himself from Stalin, because he knew Stalin was a fucking megalomaniac and lunatic who'd wind up with a lot of blood on his hands and fuck plenty of shit up, and he was exactly right. Stalin set the USSR on the path to stagnation.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:41 AM
Grander Duke

Thanked 2,917 Times in 2,031 Posts

its a shame trotsky didnt come out on top, thats for sure.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:45 AM

Yeah, it kinda was. Stalin was a fucking power hungry lunatic who murdered anyone with whom he disagreed. Lenin was breaking from him, so he possibly poisoned him. Trotsky criticized Stalin's running of things, so he had an icepick put in his brain. He never got Tito, though, and he tried damn hard. Tito eventually sent him a nasty letter saying that if they caught another killer in Belgrade, he'd send a killer to Moscow and he wouldn't have to send another. That's balls.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:14 AM
Duke

And Beria probably killed Stalin...
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Cory (05-11-2012)
Old 05-11-2012, 06:26 AM
Grand Duke

Thanked 1,607 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachosomoza View Post
Yeah, I mean, Lenin had a series of nasty strokes, weakening him, and Stalin had plenty of beef because Lenin was aligning with Trotsky and distancing himself from Stalin, because he knew Stalin was a fucking megalomaniac and lunatic who'd wind up with a lot of blood on his hands and fuck plenty of shit up, and he was exactly right. Stalin set the USSR on the path to stagnation.
I dunno if I'd go that far. Stalin -did- lead over major industrialization efforts (and WW2) so it's not like he was a Yeltsin/Brezhnevesque failure. Of course millions died during collectivization, but the ends justified the means.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Count

lol -- stalin... that guy was nuts.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknickns View Post
And Beria probably killed Stalin...
Came in here to say this. Beria himself supposedly bragged to Molotov that he poison Stalin, and the NKVD did take up positions in Moscow right afterward, and Beria did immediate try to take power so....

But yes such was the nature of Soviet politics. That being said even if Stalin was somehow ousted the odds of Trotsky himself becoming leader of the country are slim. He would likely be part of a left-coalition government (Commissar of War?). The reasons being he's Jewish, and he "didn't play well with the other children". Meaning he was one of those people who is "always right" and is outright offended that you disagree with him. He would sometime blow up in a hissy fit and storm out of the room when he didn't get his way.

The only way I can see Trotsky taking power is if there is somehow a revolution in Germany between 1924 and 1928. Unlikely to say the least.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Haiti's Forum Agency

Thanked 2,574 Times in 1,837 Posts

Quote:
His embalmed body still lies on public display in a Red Square mausoleum almost 20 years after the collapse of the communist state he helped bring to life.
lol, awesome.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheit8 View Post
I dunno if I'd go that far. Stalin -did- lead over major industrialization efforts (and WW2) so it's not like he was a Yeltsin/Brezhnevesque failure. Of course millions died during collectivization, but the ends justified the means.
The industrialization of Russia would've happened under Trotsky as well. It's a fallacy to give Stalin credit for it. As for WWII, Stalin is the main reason the Soviets preformed so horridly during the 1941 and 1942 campaign seasons. His officer purge of 1937 literally killed almost all of the good officers in the Red Army (the Army of course, being mostly built by Trotsky during the Civil War).

If Trotsky had somehow come to power the Soviet Union would be a much more powerful country and perhaps still be around today. Actually getting him in power is the hard part.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Duke

Did someone say Trotsky?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICFI

Their website:

http://wsws.org/

If you've pissed off Glen Beck you know you've done something right.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Count

Cool Re: New Theory claims Lenin was poisoned by Stalin

We will never know the truth about that time period.

So I will just leave this here instead: