Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Society > Weapons and Combat

Old 05-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Duke

Default The perfect heartshot

Thought this was pretty special footage. Really epic heart shot. This is how a good hunt goes.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Howie Hubler

Thanked 1,089 Times in 659 Posts
Default Re: The perfect heartshot

yeah, that was a pretty good shot. Its always nice when you only have to track a deer like 20 feet instead of a mile through the woods
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
tomjohens (05-11-2012)
Old 05-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Knight

u guys jack off to this and shit?
CountBlah (05-11-2012), shopping cart for brains (05-10-2012)
Old 05-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Howie Hubler

no, but if you hunt, you can usually appreciate a good shot.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Knight

I'd be all for it, but I bet half these hunters are just gore perverted and sadistic fucks who probably end up wasting 95% of the animal anyways.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORTILLA View Post
I'd be all for it, but I bet half these hunters are just gore perverted and sadistic fucks who probably end up wasting 95% of the animal anyways.
That particular hunter donates most of it to charity.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,166 Posts

If I were to go hunting it would be barebones as fuck, none of these super high tech bows n shit
The man who is proudly certain of his own value, will want the highest type of woman he can find, the woman he admires, the strongest, the hardest to conquer — because only the possession of a heroine will give him the sense of an achievement, not the possession of a brainless slut. -Francisco D’Anconia
Old 05-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Haiti's Forum Agency

Thanked 2,569 Times in 1,832 Posts

all that blood pouring out was cool
Old 05-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by roasted View Post
yeah, that was a pretty good shot. Its always nice when you only have to track a deer like 20 feet instead of a mile through the woods
Yeah, and that guy is good too. In the full video he took out 3 deer in that spot within hours of one another, all heart shots.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Duke

how did the deer get a shot right to the heart and still had the adrenalin to run without seizing in its tracks from a heart attack

makes me want to get my 8mm and blow up a deer head
Old 05-10-2012, 08:29 PM
LongDickHipHopPerfection

Thanked 4,300 Times in 2,504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatestGatsby4 View Post
If I were to go hunting it would be barebones as fuck, none of these super high tech bows n shit
Sweet, the animal that suffers needlessly to die at a later date of infection because of that decision will appreciate it.
crazzyass (05-11-2012), Dread_Lord (05-11-2012), SoulButter (05-10-2012)
Old 05-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepht View Post
how did the deer get a shot right to the heart and still had the adrenalin to run without seizing in its tracks from a heart attack
Even if you completely sever the aorta, most mammals (including humans) will take about 15-20 seconds to bleed out and actually die.

Although when it comes to humans, psychological incapacitation happens much more often than physiological incapacitation. Psychological incapacitation rarely (if ever) happens with wild animals. The only way to ensure an instant one shot drop in any decent-sized animal is to sever/destroy the CNS.

Last edited by Spence_tron; 05-10-2012 at 08:39 PM.
5.56 SS109 (05-11-2012), Dread_Lord (05-11-2012), STD (05-11-2012), Unwyred (05-10-2012)
Old 05-11-2012, 04:12 AM
"Al"

Thanked 1,405 Times in 955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORTILLA View Post
And what do you mean by "these hunters"?

I want to know if you're a stupid fuck or an ignorant fuck is all.

Other than that good shot and a nice clean kill.

Al
Old 05-11-2012, 04:15 AM
Grander Duke

Thanked 2,898 Times in 2,017 Posts

damn that was a fucking geyser
Old 05-11-2012, 04:19 AM
Howie Hubler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1983 View Post
And what do you mean by "these hunters"?

I want to know if you're a stupid fuck or an ignorant fuck is all.

Other than that good shot and a nice clean kill.

Al
Tort is (kinda) right, there is a certain percentage of thrill killers. But I dont think they qualify as "hunters", they are just killers. Every hunter I know is a sportsman and a conservationist. The 0.5% of people that trill kill/poach, give the 99.5% of responsible hunters a bad name...

Last edited by roasted; 05-11-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:59 AM
"Al"

Quote:
Tort is (kinda) right, there is a certain percentage of trill killers. But I dont think they qualify as "hunters", they are just killers. Every hunter I know is a sportsman and a conservationist. The 0.5% of people that trill kill/poach, give the 99.5% of responsible hunters a bad name...
That why I posted the way I did... I hunt and use more than the average person and what's left over is still used or left out for nature to take care of.

Hides go to the natives, most of the bones are boiled for the dog, we eat the heart and the liver if it's in good condition, Ect.

Mostly what we do leave out in the forest for the local wildlife is the cut off legs and some tallow or fat for the birds and what's left of the gut pile. After a night or two it's usually gone.

These self righteous assholes that pull that "hunters are cruel and wasteful" shit need to go and get their heads fuck started with a bat because they're one of the bigger problems with the world trying to push their bullshit down others throats without even wanting to know the facts first.

Al
Old 05-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Peasant

I hate that a few bad hunters give the rest of us a bad name.

-Tom
Old 05-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,166 Posts

I feel like people who don't hunt are much more wasteful than those who do, by supporting industrial farming and throwing out food they've half eaten because it was so easy to come by.
The man who is proudly certain of his own value, will want the highest type of woman he can find, the woman he admires, the strongest, the hardest to conquer — because only the possession of a heroine will give him the sense of an achievement, not the possession of a brainless slut. -Francisco D’Anconia
Groundhog whacka (05-13-2012), roasted (05-11-2012), yawanur (05-12-2012)
Old 05-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Howie Hubler

Quote:
I feel like people who don't hunt are much more wasteful than those who do, by supporting industrial farming and throwing out food they've half eaten because it was so easy to come by.
I agree with that 100%. If you've never gone out and put in the effort to hunt a wild animal, then you have no appreciation for the effort required to do harvest edible food. Same with fishing and farming.

Until you actually do it yourself, you will never appreciate the effort required. If you dont appreciate it, then you will almost certainly be more wasteful than somebody that has put in the effort to be self-reliant.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Broodingly Rational

Thanked 3,185 Times in 1,887 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence_tron View Post
Although when it comes to humans, psychological incapacitation happens much more often than physiological incapacitation. Psychological incapacitation rarely (if ever) happens with wild animals.
Whaaaa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence_tron View Post
The only way to ensure an instant one shot drop in any decent-sized animal is to sever/destroy the CNS.
Not exactly. Phineas Gage lived a relatively fulfilled life with a large part of his frontal lobes completely gone.

Immediate incapacitation in any vertabrate is achieved by destroying the brainstem.

The movements in a decapitated torso are nothing more than residual spasms initiated by the spine, somewhat similar to this:
Dread_Lord (05-11-2012)
Old 05-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Duke

The surest way to fuck someone is the spine or the spinal chord. The heart as well. The brain will usually kill someone, but not always. A hole or a knife cutting clean through has a good chance of not killing, but a bullet and the shock that comes with it to all the surrounding tissue will destroy a brain, though some people even survive gunshots to the dome.
Taking one to the liver will most likely end in death as well.
The lungs are survivable, but not for a deer. They'll run it out until they choke to death on their own blood or they bleed to death.
The aorta and carotid artery are among the top significant targets as well. The Aorta is nearly certain death if it's damaged and the Carotid is so dangerous because it supplies oxygenated blood to the brain. Severing this will leave you on the ground, unconscious while you bleed to death in a minute or two, though even if you did survive that you would probably have brain damage.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:03 PM
"Al"

Quote:
100% agree

Quote:
I agree with that 100%. If you've never gone out and put in the effort to hunt a wild animal, then you have no appreciation for the effort required to do harvest edible food. Same with fishing and farming.

Until you actually do it yourself, you will never appreciate the effort required. If you dont appreciate it, then you will almost certainly be more wasteful than somebody that has put in the effort to be self-reliant.
I've done and still do all three. Last hunt was a real pain in my ass though and I ended up getting a deer on the last day after freezing my ass off sitting in a juniper bush for 8+ hours.

As for farming I used to run a hobby farm and right now we're restructuring our barns so we can feed and water the animals while we're away at work so we can feed them a good organic mash or grain. I may even start an aquaponics green house this year if funding is available.

Fishing... Fuck yeah every chance I get, I tend to throw the bigger ones back though so they can make babies for later generations though.

Anywho for the butthurt faggot beating his or her hunters are bad drum.

It was fucking delicious.

One of the random nature photos I've taken.

And what the turtles in my pond think you can suck on.

Al
Vizier (05-11-2012)
Old 05-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Archduke

Thanked 1,245 Times in 851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by a224 View Post
all that blood pouring out was cool
I don't know about "cool", but it certainly changed my opinion on the wounding capacity of a bow. Impressive might be a better term.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Baron

I think hunting is awesome, but you need to level the playing field a bit. We're far superior to any other species that exists. There was a dude on a New Zealand airport border customs show who'd just come back from hunting bears with spears, they stopped him because of all the weapons/pelts/bones/etc in his kit. Big ass viking/hippie looking mother fucker.

That's a real dude.

Hiding in a tree and killing an unsuspecting dear? It's not really a hobbie. It's just a really efficient way of sourcing food or pelts. Get a big knife and go kill an Anaconda or something or go snorkeling and speargun a tiger shark.

It was a beautiful shot though.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Marquis

My uncle goes hunting once a year. I always wanted to go along as a kid, but my dad isn't that type of man so it just never happened. Didn't like the idea of me killing all the fuzzy wuzzys in the forest.

That was a pretty awesome shot though.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Count

the deer seem sad and confused when they see their comrade isn't getting back up
Old 05-12-2012, 02:20 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Lover View Post
Whaaaa?
It's true, over half of incapacitations via gunshot (in humans) are due to the numerous psychological effects of being shot, not by physiological damage itself. There are plenty of sources backing this up, I did not pull that out of my ass. Here's a few:

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=34714
http://www.firearmstactical.com/pdf/fbi-hwfe.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Lover View Post
Not exactly. Phineas Gage lived a relatively fulfilled life with a large part of his frontal lobes completely gone.

Immediate incapacitation in any vertabrate is achieved by destroying the brainstem.
The frontal lobe is only a fraction of the CNS (a fraction that you can survive largely without btw), and the brain stem and spine are still part of the CNS. So my statement stands, if you sever/destroy the CNS, the target will drop immediately exhibiting only uncontrolled nerve spasms.

Last edited by Spence_tron; 05-12-2012 at 02:24 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:47 AM
Howie Hubler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroponichronic View Post
I don't know about "cool", but it certainly changed my opinion on the wounding capacity of a bow. Impressive might be a better term.
broadheads and compound bows are serious business. They'll easily break bones during entry and exit. I've heard stories of fixed broadheads penetrating both shoulder blades during a pass through shot on a mule deer (pretty amazing considering that mule deer have really fat torsos)
Old 05-12-2012, 03:10 AM
Grander Duke

Thanked 1,385 Times in 977 Posts

I didnt know how capable bows were. How well do arrows facilitate bleeding? I mean i know broadheads can do lot of flesh damage, but I would have thought the wound channel still gets plugged up by the arrow.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:18 AM
Howie Hubler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantikore View Post
How well do arrows facilitate bleeding?
Extremely well.

Mechanical broadhead

Broadhead comparison

Old 05-12-2012, 03:21 AM
Duke

The cut from the head of the arrow is bigger than the arrow itself. Sometimes the arrow goes clean through, sometimes the arrowhead gets jerked around inside the animal as it runs and it carves up the organs pretty good.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:26 AM
Count

i'm surprised it ran for that long.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:43 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post

Hiding in a tree and killing an unsuspecting dear? It's not really a hobbie. It's just a really efficient way of sourcing food or pelts. Get a big knife and go kill an Anaconda or something or go snorkeling and speargun a tiger shark.

It was a beautiful shot though.
This coming from someone who has obviously never tried getting within bow range of a deer. And it's not just getting within range, its waiting for the deer to get in the right spot and angled right so you can slip an arrow through the heart. But wait, there's more. Now that the deer is in range and somewhat where you want it(trust me, they never stop in an ideal spot and wait for you to shoot) you have to draw the bow without the deer catching your movement. Some time through this whole process you need to judge the range from you to the deer, because on average an arrow drops 6 inches for every 10 yards of flight. Then is the time when you have to try to control your pounding heart well enough to make a good clean shot.

If I have left anything out someone feel free to add it, but I think I made my point. Deer are not stupid defenseless animals that just flock in to be shot.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog whacka View Post
This coming from someone who has obviously never tried getting within bow range of a deer. And it's not just getting within range, its waiting for the deer to get in the right spot and angled right so you can slip an arrow through the heart. But wait, there's more. Now that the deer is in range and somewhat where you want it(trust me, they never stop in an ideal spot and wait for you to shoot) you have to draw the bow without the deer catching your movement. Some time through this whole process you need to judge the range from you to the deer, because on average an arrow drops 6 inches for every 10 yards of flight. Then is the time when you have to try to control your pounding heart well enough to make a good clean shot.

If I have left anything out someone feel free to add it, but I think I made my point. Deer are not stupid defenseless animals that just flock in to be shot.
I guess we just have different ideas of fun.

Most of my hobbies involve fighting other people, like MMA or Muay Thai. And half the reason why I joined the Infantry.

The deer's not defenceless, but it's not exactly got the same odds at stake as you, does it? If this super suspenseful moment of aiming, bow control, breathing control, etc is all wrong and you miss, is the deer going to climb up that tree and fuck you up? It's not that it wouldn't be a challenge, it's just that I see it merely as a way to efficiently kill shit that couldn't kill you in any outcome of the scenario. Level the playing field a little.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
I guess we just have different ideas of fun.

Most of my hobbies involve fighting other people, like MMA or Muay Thai. And half the reason why I joined the Infantry.

The deer's not defenceless, but it's not exactly got the same odds at stake as you, does it? If this super suspenseful moment of aiming, bow control, breathing control, etc is all wrong and you miss, is the deer going to climb up that tree and fuck you up? It's not that it wouldn't be a challenge, it's just that I see it merely as a way to efficiently kill shit that couldn't kill you in any outcome of the scenario. Level the playing field a little.
The thing is that deer are incredibly stupid animals. Tree stand or ground hunt/stalking it's all the same. It doesn't take much to kill a deer, the fucking retards show up on your lawn for fucks sake. They're just asking to be killed.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread_Lord View Post
The thing is that deer are incredibly stupid animals. Tree stand or ground hunt/stalking it's all the same. It doesn't take much to kill a deer, the fucking retards show up on your lawn for fucks sake. They're just asking to be killed.
I remember I was just target practicing one time, shooting off ~100rds of 5.56 from a bench at about 50-60yards and as I started packing my stuff not even 2 minutes later three doe (does?) walked right between my bench and my target paper. I couldn't believe that they were dumb enough to walk TOWARDS a pretty rapid fire barrage, I didn't take a shot at any of them because it was out of season but it left me thinking that deer are some kind of suicidal species.

I've also chased down and caught a baby deer before with my bare hands when I was younger. I think it was more of a fluke than anything and I totally did not expect to actually catch it. I saw it grazing in the forest and so I sneaked around behind trees when it wasn't looking until I was close enough to attempt the dash and grab. When I ended up having the pathetic little thing in my arms I didn't know what to do with it so just I let it go and tracked it at a distance for a while hoping that it would find its mom, only to watch it get ripped apart by wild dogs about an hour later.

Deer are usually pretty vigilant, but it appears that they are only really alarmed by movement. I saw an adult doe grazing in the woods once and I tried to get as close to it as i could. Every time it put its head down to graze I would take a few slow steps directly towards it, freezing in place when it would look up when it heard/sensed me. The deer would look around for a few seconds then continue to graze so i would take a few more steps. After about half a dozen cycles of this I got literally 2-3 arm lengths away from the doe before it knew that something was going on and dashed away. I was in plain cloths and the deer looked directly at me several times but must have not seen me as a living thing because I wasn't moving when it looked.

Now I'm not saying deer hunting is easy or anything, because it isn't (especially with a bow). But they have some serious vulnerabilities to be exploited and can be pretty dumb creatures sometimes. Usually they are quite aware of their surroundings and will flea at the first sign of danger, but that doesn't mean they don't slip up relatively often.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:57 PM
LongDickHipHopPerfection

Thanked 4,300 Times in 2,504 Posts

All the 240B gunners were setting up on the range and it was covered in deer once. one kid basically blew the head off of one. He got in trouble for it, don't remember how, but I cleaned the deer as it was in season.