Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Society > The Inhumane Condition > History

Old 06-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sanzenbacher
Default History of the South.

Does anyone have an idea as to some sites, books, videos, things of that sort, that don't have a clear and biased slant favoring the North?

It doesn't have to be sympathizing with or for the South, just a general, neutral viewpoint would be fine.

Thank you in advance.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Baron

Default Re: History of the South.

They probably don't exist. These rednecks are too busy bitchin about the north to write a book. Or to learn to read one, for that matter.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Knight

Old 06-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Duke

Just find some written by some southern historian. They definately exist. Most of these tours and reenactments and shit like that in the south are pro-south and a lot of people who are involved with them also write books.

Or find some books about Robert E Lee. Most of them will make him seem all noble, and he probably was, but go from there. Books about ex-southern soldiers and secret societies. (all of them besides the KKK). Jesse James and the Knights of the Golden Circle would most likely be like what you're looking for. If anything it will try to make him out as the antihero (again that he was).
Old 06-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Thanked 3,178 Times in 2,084 Posts

Well, first dere wuz a Indienzzz

Den dere wuzz a Wyatt Mann

Den dere was a Niggerz

Den dere wuz a mex-e-cannn

Den dere was a awl speel

Its reel hot and lotsa bugz and reptiles
REal shtty ppl come from and live there
Robert E Lee real real noble
He talkin bout "adherence to law is essence of manly conduct"
He had one dem real little sapiens head, you know, real round-like
Kynna like a nyeeger
Old 06-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Baron

^^ Dead on.
Struwwelpeter (06-12-2012)
Old 06-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Grander Duke

Thanked 2,962 Times in 2,051 Posts

as a (naturalized) southerner i will explain

civil war was for the lols

slaves were also for the lols

fuck that asshat sherman and his march
Old 06-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE_187 View Post
Just find some written by some southern historian. They definately exist. Most of these tours and reenactments and shit like that in the south are pro-south and a lot of people who are involved with them also write books.

Or find some books about Robert E Lee. Most of them will make him seem all noble, and he probably was, but go from there. Books about ex-southern soldiers and secret societies. (all of them besides the KKK). Jesse James and the Knights of the Golden Circle would most likely be like what you're looking for. If anything it will try to make him out as the antihero (again that he was).
Thanks for the helpful response.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanzenbacher View Post
No problem

@Patman I am too but I always correct anyone trying to really promote slavery. In South Carolina at one point over 60% of the population were slaves, and most of the ignorant people who think that slavery was a good thing for common white people also hate blacks. Slavery brought in abunch of blacks and put common white people out of jobs. Neither side was for us. The south maybe a little more than the north (maybe) but it wasn't really a civil war. It was rich industrialists in the North having poor northerners fighting with poor southerners fighting for the interests of southern plantation owners. Both sides really should have been killing the people they were fighting for.

But I do think all the secret societies/insurgents after the civil war are interesting. Jesse James was a badass. And after this special I watched on tv I think he faked his own death and continued to rob banks to fund the golden circle thing.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Duke

Quote:
If you havn't watched The Outlaw Josey Wales watch it. It's what you're looking for and it was a fictional book but it was also similar to Jesse James's story.

Basically some union soldiers find this guy minding his own business and they kill his family and burn his farm. He turns into this badass starts fighting with Bill Anderson (another interesting person who was real) and after everyone surrenders he keeps fighting to eventually find the people who killed his family. One of my favorite movies.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Hi ya'll my name's ACE_187 and I'm here to talk about some stupid shit. My fellow white Nigger friend is going to smile for me.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Acolyte

Thanked 1,866 Times in 1,418 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to constantinople Send a message via AIM to constantinople Send a message via MSN to constantinople Send a message via Yahoo to constantinople

basically the south was trying to protect economic interests that needed slavery to sustain themselvers and the "north" - non-slave states were gonna have too many votes in congress for slavery to last very long. enter-civil war.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Banned

I think I have seen The Outlaw Josey Wales, but it was when I was really young, so no doubt I had no idea what was going on, and I probably don't even remember anything from it.

Definitely will check it out. I used to subscribe to Chuck Baldwin's columns, but I think I somehow accidentally unsubscribed. Gonna start reading them again. He writes some good stuff about diminising freedom and liberty, the Constitution being widely ignored, Government control/interloping, Police state, etc. Though he is a Pastor, so he also writes some that are kinda preachy and such. I just skip those ones.

I remember this one particularly well (it's about Lee and Jackson):
http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c200..._20090116.html

Here's a more recent example, and it's not about the South, so others may be interested. It is entitled: One Nation Under Surveillance
http://chuckbaldwinlive.com/home/archives/4872

Thanks again, ACE. You've been very helpful.

Of course, any and all insight is still welcome!

Last edited by Sanzenbacher; 06-12-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim "fuck latinos" Carrey View Post
Hi ya'll my name's ACE_187 and I'm here to talk about some stupid shit. My fellow white Nigger friend is going to smile for me.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

ϟhitzϟkenCachϟucker

14/88!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Duke

Quote:
I think I have seen The Outlaw Josey Wales, but it was when I was really young, so no doubt I had no idea what was going on, and I probably don't even remember anything from it.

Definitely will check it out. I used to subscribe to Chuck Baldwin's columns, but I think I somehow accidentally unsubscribed. Gonna start reading them again. He writes some good stuff about diminising freedom and liberty, the Constitution being widely ignored, Government control/interloping, Police state, etc. Though he is a Pastor, so he also writes some that are kinda preachy and such. I just skip those ones.

I remember this one particularly well (it's about Lee and Jackson):
http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c200..._20090116.html

Here's a more recent example, and it's not about the South, so others may be interested. It is entitled: One Nation Under Surveillance
http://chuckbaldwinlive.com/home/archives/4872

Thanks again, ACE. You've been very helpful.

Of course, any and all insight is still welcome!
No problem. I think Josey Wales was one of the first movies that was really anti-christian, really anti-christian not just the typical liberal BS.

If you watch it when he buries his family, the cross he made out of sticks he's leaning on. He says a prayer for them and starts crying and then (to me) He pushes the cross over. And if you notice when the boy dies that he was riding with he doesn't say any prayer. Or anything like he did with his family. Some people may not think it meant that much but I think that is what it was. I thought it was a really deep scene. Not a lot of gore or anything but great acting and one of the few movies that doesn't have the typical messages and morals you see today.

EDIT: And this Bill Anderson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_T._Anderson

I think guys like him and Jesse James are more interesting than the ones you are usually glorified like Robert E Lee. Even if it wasn't pro-south books about guys like that would be interesting.

Last edited by ACE_187; 06-12-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

aAWWW MAN DA POOR LIL CHRISTIAN BOY WAS CRYIN AND NOONE WOULD SAY A PRAYER FOR HIS DEAD DADDEH. THEN THE TERMINATOR CAME AND CRUSHED HIS DADDIES LIL SKULL TO PIECES. *CRRUNNNCCHHH!* IT WAS REAL ANTEE-WYATT, LIKE THOSE DAMN CITY PAYPUL TRYING TO TELL ME I CAN'T HAVE DUCT TAPE OVER MY WINDUZ