Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 02-18-2013, 03:14 PM
Baron

Grin Shroomery

Anyone here grown their own shrooms? Can I get some tips or experiences?

I have a spore syringe I've been meaning to use for literally years. Kept on forgetting about it. The spore won't go bad will they? I don't see why they would but you never know. They're a strain known as "Keepers Creepers". Anyone taken them before?

Meh, general shroomery discussion ITT.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Cat Fucker

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,945 Posts
Default Re: Shroomery

I do not condone or use mushrooms.
“Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.” - Carl Jung

Last edited by Malice; 02-05-2014 at 04:32 AM.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
MC Homicidal Rapist (02-18-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 03:43 PM
Baron

What kinda conditions were you keeping them under (where did you keep them, did you regulate temp ect)? Did you put those holes in the container yourself? What were you growing them on? I'm thinking I'll use rye seed since that's apparently the best way to inoculate more jars and get the most out of the spore.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Cat Fucker

I had them in the oven because it stays warmer, it's a gas oven and has a pilot light, so the temp in there is in the low 80s.

Yes, I used a heated screwdriver. A drill would be much much easier.

I grew them on brown rice flour, homemade, premade being a ripoff and containing much more than I'd need, and I had some small bags left of brown rice left over anyway, with a Krups fast touch coffee grinder, that I bought used on eBay, and vermiculite. Standard PF Tek.

Rye seed? Eh, I worry more about cost efficiency, the benefits probably aren't worth it. If doing bulk I'd go with cheap wild bird seed.
“Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.” - Carl Jung
Old 02-18-2013, 06:20 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to emf Send a message via AIM to emf Send a message via MSN to emf Send a message via Yahoo to emf Send a message via Skype™ to emf

Found a decent, up to date guide here: http://www.shroomery.org/8410/Simple...wing-Technique
MC Homicidal Rapist (02-18-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 09:26 PM
Knight

Don't listen to Malice. He can't even spot an obvious case of bacterial blotch on his fruits.

Just go to the Shroomery and do some searching around. RR's rye prep, Ohmatic's monotub TEK and Damion5050's coir TEK will get you started.

As for your strain, it's Cubensis. It'll be random genetics depending on which hyphae mate after germination. All "strains" have the same potential to be awesome or do nothing.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:45 PM
Knight

If you really want some advice or tips on growing or have any questions you want answered feel free to pm them to me. My hubby is a very respected grower & has developed some pretty great techs, & I know he'd be more than happy to lend a hands to a new grower so that hopefully you'll have a successful grow.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:16 PM
Duke

Mad Re: Shroomery

I've grown a couple of of times. I just grew a brown rice/coir monotub in a large storage tub with no holes drilled into it. (I didn't want to compromise humidity, why would anyone want to do that?) At most, I opened it and fanned it once or twice a day.

I also made sure that everything was absolutely clean (Swabbed every surface in Dettol, washed my hands, flame sterilized the needle, etc.)
I never bothered monitoring humidity and temperature.

Last edited by Retard Synrdome; 02-18-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:47 AM
Cat Fucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36fuckin5 View Post
Don't listen to Malice. He can't even spot an obvious case of bacterial blotch on his fruits.
https://www.google.com/search?um=1&h...mg.nHzOBVFxBw4

Does it look like this?
http://www.shroomery.org/images/2341...pseudomona.jpg

It's very possible they were just deformed. Some had a rough hole through the center of the cap, and, as you can see, some grew into the ground. They didn't look rotted of infected, just malformed. It could have been because of humidity or air exchange.

Regardless:

Quote:
Oh brother.
Bacterial endospores can't germinate inside a human. The danger is food poisoning from live bacteria. Dried mushrooms can't possibly have live bacteria, so they're safe to eat. Whenever you're in doubt, simply boiling will kill any live bacteria, but it's totally unnecessary with dried fruits.
RR
No danger.

Quote:
Just go to the Shroomery and do some searching around. RR's rye prep, Ohmatic's monotub TEK and Damion5050's coir TEK will get you started.
These are good, but I don't know if the cost of rye will really be worth the benefit. Rye can be a pain to track down, I know, I tried.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/show...umber/14977681

25lbs is more than I would have ever used, only having planned on small grows. Berkeley Bowl may have some, I'll check the next time I go.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...rp.PHkSUpOr-cI

Quote:
As for your strain, it's Cubensis. It'll be random genetics depending on which hyphae mate after germination. All "strains" have the same potential to be awesome or do nothing.
Averages. Considering how many strains there are, which have come from significantly different environments, some could deviate from the mean quite significantly. AFAIK the proper research hasn't been done, unfortunately. Anecdotal evidence isn't reliable.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:51 AM
Baron

I'm interested in growing shrooms, but it seems like every tek i read requires a pressure cooker for a step of the process. Do you guys use pressure cookers? is it really necessary, or can you do it without one?
Old 02-19-2013, 06:00 AM
Cat Fucker

PF Tek doesn't require one, you can steam them.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice View Post
https://www.google.com/search?um=1&h...mg.nHzOBVFxBw4

Does it look like this?
http://www.shroomery.org/images/2341...pseudomona.jpg

It's very possible they were just deformed. Some had a rough hole through the center of the cap, and, as you can see, some grew into the ground. They didn't look rotted of infected, just malformed. It could have been because of humidity or air exchange.
Sometimes it looks like that. Sometimes it looks like the pics you showed. There are many types of bacteria.

Quote:
These are good, but I don't know if the cost of rye will really be worth the benefit. Rye can be a pain to track down, I know, I tried.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/show...umber/14977681

25lbs is more than I would have ever used, only having planned on small grows. Berkeley Bowl may have some, I'll check the next time I go.
I said it was a starting point. It'll give OP an idea of the life cycle and generally how things are done. There are always tweaks you have to make to get it to work for you.

Quote:
Averages. Considering how many strains there are, which have come from significantly different environments, some could deviate from the mean quite significantly. AFAIK the proper research hasn't been done, unfortunately. Anecdotal evidence isn't reliable.
MS is a crapshoot, and that's just how it is. The tests have been done over & over in commercial edible labs.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:42 PM
Wealthy Merchant

shroomery is the jew owned site... Owned by Ythan Burstein, the real owner of the growery as well. Growery is not co-owned because the supposed co-owners suck Ythan's dick whenever they get the chance. I'd avoid both those sites if I was you. There is nothing there that can't be learned elsewhere aside from info on different exotic species, and that's only because there are some legit members. Roger Rabbit and most of the others are just wannabe Paul Stamets...

Sad that so many people are dumb enough to fall for that shit.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:53 PM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Gray View Post
shroomery is the jew owned site... Owned by Ythan Burstein, the real owner of the growery as well. Growery is not co-owned because the supposed co-owners suck Ythan's dick whenever they get the chance. I'd avoid both those sites if I was you. There is nothing there that can't be learned elsewhere aside from info on different exotic species, and that's only because there are some legit members. Roger Rabbit and most of the others are just wannabe Paul Stamets...

Who the fuck cares? It's all user-submitted content rather than the 'jew' owner that is relevant.

I don't think anyone is very likely to listen to anyone who says "if I was you" anyway. Moron.
emf (02-20-2013)
Old 02-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Thumbs Down Re: Shroomery

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillix View Post
Who the fuck cares? It's all user-submitted content rather than the 'jew' owner that is relevant.

I don't think anyone is very likely to listen to anyone who says "if I was you" anyway. Moron.
Thanks, American.

https://mycotopia.net/forums/general...ber-hello.html

The drama is part of the problem. With all that retarded shit you'll have a much harder time distinguishing legitimate users from scammers or worse.

avoid shroomery, it's garbage. Just usually people wanting attention for their cute little "teks" and a shitload of scammers and other shady motherfuckers.. Can't count all the times people have reported problems with the shroomery. The shroomery is for people that are dumb enough to not look elsewhere for their info. They want someone to hold their hand and walk them through the process.

Lots of great avatars there, but that doesn't make up for this shit. Sporeworks was the only trustworthy vendor for a while. Now I'm not even sure they still are.

As I said, the only new info there is on exotic species and strains.

Quote:
In American English it is common to use like instead of as if/ as though. This is not correct in British English.

He talks as if he knew everything. (BE)
He talks like/as if he knew everything. (AE)
In American English it is also common to use were instead of was in unreal comparisons.

He talks as if he was rich. (BE)
He talks as if he were rich. (AE)
You can always spot the less intelligent people when they get pissy easily over something like this and then try to use grammar to insult you. What's hilarious is that unintelligent americans think they invented the english language.

http://www.perfectyourenglish.com/wr...sh-grammar.htm

Anyway, as I said, shroomery belongs in the trash.

Last edited by Gabriel Gray; 02-19-2013 at 10:10 PM.
emf (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 01:10 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to emf Send a message via AIM to emf Send a message via MSN to emf Send a message via Yahoo to emf Send a message via Skype™ to emf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bortmackie View Post
I'm interested in growing shrooms, but it seems like every tek i read requires a pressure cooker for a step of the process. Do you guys use pressure cookers? is it really necessary, or can you do it without one?
Steam for twice the required time, but don't burn your rice. Sterilization is key afaik!
Old 02-20-2013, 01:18 AM
Count

Quote:
Thanks, American.

You can always spot the less intelligent people when they get pissy easily over something like this and then try to use grammar to insult you. What's hilarious is that unintelligent americans think they invented the english language.

http://www.perfectyourenglish.com/wr...sh-grammar.htm

Anyway, as I said, shroomery belongs in the trash.
I don't think we did whatsoever. I will admit I was in error in assuming that you, too, were American. I spend most of my time dealing with rednecks and it's frustrating. Carry on.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:47 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Thumbs Up Re: Shroomery

Quote:
I don't think we did whatsoever. I will admit I was in error in assuming that you, too, were American. I spend most of my time dealing with rednecks and it's frustrating. Carry on.
It's all fine and dandy. The error was not an assumption of me being american, however. Your mind is like an open book to me. You had no clue that my grammar was correct, because you only know the mcdonalds version of the english language. That's okay, too. If you would do something with your life other than constantly trying to eat pills and use shitty drugs, you would be able to move away from your kin folk (rednecks) and then live a happy meaningful life instead of being a waster all the time. Maybe then, if you were truly happy, you could become a productive member of society and a nice person.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:02 AM
Cat Fucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by emf View Post
Steam for twice the required time, but don't burn your rice. Sterilization is key afaik!
I recall reading that the vermiculite barrier on top is one the most important aspects for preventing contaminants.

There are really mainly 3, pasteurization, verm, clean syringe/sterile technique.

Oh, I think I was reading about whether or not to leave the holes in the lid uncovered. Someone, reputable IIRC, wrote that they never covered them and had near 100% success due to the proper verm barrier.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:35 AM
Count

Quote:
It's all fine and dandy. The error was not an assumption of me being american, however. Your mind is like an open book to me. You had no clue that my grammar was correct, because you only know the mcdonalds version of the english language. That's okay, too. If you would do something with your life other than constantly trying to eat pills and use shitty drugs, you would be able to move away from your kin folk (rednecks) and then live a happy meaningful life instead of being a waster all the time. Maybe then, if you were truly happy, you could become a productive member of society and a nice person.
That's actually incorrect, I was well aware.

Also, I'm actually one of the nicest people you'll ever meet, and beyond that my life is quite meaningful, happy, and fulfilled.

Edit: Did I just get lectured on drug use from someone posting knowledgeably about mushrooms? And told to become a 'nice person' by an anti-semite? Oh brother.

Last edited by lillix; 02-20-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:42 AM
Baron

Quote:

This thread isn't even about shroomey.org.....

I just used "shroomery" in the title so people would instantly know this thread is about growing mushrooms.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Homicidal Rapist View Post
This thread isn't even about shroomey.org.....

I just used "shroomery" in the title so people would instantly know this thread is about growing mushrooms.
He's clearly got no reading comprehension.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:49 AM
Baron

Quote:
He's clearly got no reading comprehension.
That or he just replied without reading anything at all.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:12 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Thumbs Up Re: Shroomery

Quote:
That's actually incorrect.
We all know it isn't though.

MC: I was not replying to your original post but yes I did read it. My posts are quite relevant when people are going to assume that shroomery is a decent website.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:56 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Also, anti-semite is false. Semite is a genetic grouping. Judaism is not a race. It is a religion. Just as with our fiat currency, when we put our faith in a fairy tale made by man. Our currency is based on faith in God. Do you believe in God? Maybe if you do then you agree with this currency. It's so much easier to allow religion to decide for you, to make your moral rule set for you. Rather than thinking for yourself, taking responsibility for everything in your life... The same people that would have us believe these tales are also the ones that would prohibit us from partaking in the psychedelic experience to expand our minds. Since ancient times they have tried to control our minds, our bodies. To prohibit certain things, certain knowledge.

If you make yourself out to be the victim, people will naturally side with you. Easy to manipulate people then. Give them the illusion that you're on their side. That they're victims with you. All the while you take everything they have. You become the true owner of all their worldly possessions...... Religion is not a very intellectually mature concept. It is greed and selfishness; manipulation.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:45 AM
Knight

OP your spores are probably not viable anymore. The success rate for germination goes way down after that long. And if you stored them room temp & not in the fridge they're more then likely done for.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:24 AM
Knight

Spores of most fungi are supposed to be quite resilient, but the viability will go down over time. Invest money into some PF Tek. You won't spend much anyways. There are tons of guides online.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Baron

Frown Re: Shroomery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delia View Post
OP your spores are probably not viable anymore. The success rate for germination goes way down after that long. And if you stored them room temp & not in the fridge they're more then likely done for.
I've had them 2 or 3 years I think. In their original plastic and in the box, inside a larger container in a drawer. They won't work?
Old 02-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Cat Fucker

You could try. Make a single cake and make it a bit dry, then add as much of the syringe as you can.

If it colonizes you can squirt some water in there and then suck it out and you'll have your own mycellium syringe.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:14 PM
Baron

I'll be pissed if they don't work. I can be arrested for just possessing the syringe to begin with. It was such a massive pain in the ass to find someone willing to ship them out here.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:16 PM
Malkavian

Thanked 5,719 Times in 3,749 Posts

I was on shroomery when ripper killed himself.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Viability is much lower when the spores are stored in water, since bacteria needs water to reproduce( and reproduces much faster the more water there is ). Get a fucking spore print and learn how to use an inoculation loop for fuck sake.

Or, make your own syringes from a print, that way you don't have to wet all your spores. Your prints and syringes may or may not have been made using a flowhood so it's hard to say how viable they'll be, but even with a flowhood, mushroom fruit bodies naturally contain some bacteria which can easily migrate to the spores when someone takes a print.

Cold weather species' spores can be stored in the freezer. Cubensis cannot, and therefore cannot last as long. Cubensis is tropical. Tropical things age faster. Invest some time into researching this so you're not dicking around with shitty "teks" and all that crap. Your success rate will be much higher. Buying a spore syringe is for 12 year olds.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:21 PM
Knight

OP, just go to Shroomery. 99% of the info here is complete bullshit. Gabriel kind of knows what's up but is still spotty.

I've been at this for over 10 years now. I've grown more mushrooms in one flush than most people (even ones who trip frequently) will eat in their entire life. I'm not gonna waste time correcting all the bad info here, but come to Shroomery and poke around.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Facepalm Re: Shroomery

Quote:
OP, just go to Shroomery. 99% of the info here is complete bullshit. Gabriel kind of knows what's up but is still spotty.
Yeah, let shroomery hold your hand for you and walk you through it if you're too damn stupid to understand you don't need that website, at all. 36, feel free to explain how I "kind of" know what's up and how I'm "spotty"

Enough of the knowledgeable members of shroomery post here. Not that anyone with half a fuckin' brain needs their help anyway.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Knight

Quote:
Yeah, let shroomery hold your hand for you and walk you through it if you're too damn stupid to understand you don't need that website, at all. 36, feel free to explain how I "kind of" know what's up and how I'm "spotty"
Quote:
Cold weather species' spores can be stored in the freezer. Cubensis cannot, and therefore cannot last as long.
Well this for one example. Cubensis spores can survive outer space if properly dried.

Quote:
Enough of the knowledgeable members of shroomery post here. Not that anyone with half a fuckin' brain needs their help anyway.
Like who? I'm on Shroomery constantly and I don't see any of the good members from there on here.

I've never seen actual, good, complete advice based on experience AND research on growing mushrooms here unless I posted it. Totse had a couple people that know what's up, but not many. And now that I know what I know, I doubt they knew as much as I gave them credit for.

And you really expect people to just be able to pick up sterile technique, to be able to hydrate their grain properly, to be able to pasteurize, etc all on their own? I'm all for reading actual info (I reccomend Google Scholar all the time) but you have to start some-fucking-where.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Well this for one example. Cubensis spores can survive outer space if properly dried.

Like who? I'm on Shroomery constantly and I don't see any of the good members from there on here.

I've never seen actual, good, complete advice based on experience AND research on growing mushrooms here unless I posted it. Totse had a couple people that know what's up, but not many. And now that I know what I know, I doubt they knew as much as I gave them credit for.

And you really expect people to just be able to pick up sterile technique, to be able to hydrate their grain properly, to be able to pasteurize, etc all on their own? I'm all for reading actual info (I reccomend Google Scholar all the time) but you have to start some-fucking-where.
Good luck storing tropical spores in the freezer regardless of how dry they are. I always noticed an extremely poor germination rate after freezing them, which is what I was originally told would happen by people that had been doing this a lot longer than you. Good luck getting any at all to germinate that way. There is a reason the majority of cubensis in subtropical places comes from spores that blow in from the coastal/tropical areas where it doesn't freeez. They are simply not designed to be frozen. You're giving out bad advice implying they can be frozen. You also can't ever fully "dry" those spores because they contain water. Dumbass. Spores are protein rich and do have enough water in them, to make bacterial contam of spores a real issue. This is why, if you used a dessicant even, bacteria can still feast and spread, killing all the spores.

The other members may chime in if they want. Tis a waste of time, though.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:02 AM
Baron

Quote:
I resent that.

I know everything the popular videos show. I know the very basics. But to get any good anyone needs to ask questions.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:10 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Wrong. The only reason people join forums to ask questions that could be answered by google is when they suck at google or they're lonely and/or feeling inept enough to want someone to think for them, hold their hand etc.

It isn't rocket science. Plenty of kids have mastered the pf tek just by reading. They are plenty "good" at growing shrooms. You want human interaction via web forums for whatever reason. Now if you were actually talking about studying mycology, then yes, it's very difficult to learn that without asking questions and having a teacher. shroomery is for lonely kidiots and belongs in the garbage.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Knight

I said this one other time & I'll say it again, 36fuckin5 actually does know what he's talking about, him & my hubby know each other from topia & if I'm correct even did some print trading, so he's not just being a dick, he's only trying to help OP out in his own way.

Also OP get your hands on prints if you can, those are legal so you can sit on them as long as you need to with no worries.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Baron

Spores are illegal where I live.